LOCATION: Ghost River Crossing Conference Centre, near Cochrane, Alberta
The Sales and Marketing Development Coordinator is responsible for working with the General Manager to develop, implement and reinforce Sales and Marketing strategies and plans, resulting in brand awareness, continued growth and success of the Crossing.
The Sales and Marketing Development Coordinator’s role is part salesperson, marketer, advocate and strategist. This job requires someone that is able to effectively communicate the essence of the brand, advantages of the location and services of the Crossing and is able to build new relationships with prospective organizations as well as foster long term connections.
With a strong understanding of sales and marketing, balanced with sound business practices and excellent communication skills, the Sales and Marketing Development Coordinator will be the brand champion for the Crossing.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing marketing and sales’ strategies.
- Selling the venue through development of relationships with prospective clients.
- Conducting customer research.
- Developing a lead retrieval system.
- Representing the venue at various industry related functions.
- Negotiating venue contracts.
- Issuing written proposals.
- Liaising with industry affiliations to collect market information and maintain awareness of industry trends.
- Collaborate with team members on budget development and sales’ targets.
- Liaising with the team to grow the business in both revenues and profitability.
- Liaising with the team to provide industry best practices for delivering excellent customer service.
- Identifying and reporting business opportunities within specific markets.
- Maintaining a repeat business file and following up with past customers on a periodic basis.
The candidate will be a self-starter, accustomed to being proactive. He/she will have developed strong selling skills. The individual will have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A proven track record of a minimum of five years in a sales related position, most preferably in the hospitality industry is essential. The candidate must possess strong customer service skills, demonstrate professionalism and will bring to the position able negotiating skills.
The Sales Development Coordinator will work closely with the General Manager, Operations Manager, and other Ghost River Crossing staff and will be a strong team player who is willing to work towards a common team goal and vision. They will have the ability to work extended or flexible hours when required. You must be a resident of Canada and legally able to work in this country.
This position requires good computer skills and knowledge.
Learn about us at crossingexperience.ca