The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

They are just missing the boat
Store Maintenance and Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  La Mirada, CA17 August 2017
There is so much potential here but leaders are missing the boat on what their employees really need and want.
They need to take care of the store employees.
Pros
You become a jack of all trades. The Foundation is great
Cons
I dont think the leaders really know what's going on
Fun and interactive
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 August 2017
Although working here for the partial time being was fun, it also wasn't the most valuable experience I've ever had. A part from inconsistent rosters and abrupt managers, It was an uneasy place to be able to experience retail for the first time.
Great benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Werribee VIC3 August 2017
Great social feel. great benefits, with a 50% discount on brand. great fundraising aspects. Overall great company to work for. Great for people at university
Fun place for teens
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CA31 July 2017
Everybody working there are ages 16-25. The lunches are short and the clothes are nice so u can get your 50% discount not like some store where you won't use it.
Pros
50% discount
It was productive and fun
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North west25 July 2017
Overall this company does take care of its employees including their wellbeing and for their families and friends. There's nothing to complain about but its a company where you can set a your foot in it and never exits because of its well treatment that is given to their employees and its culture
Needs more improvements in the company.
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CA22 July 2017
Hours are always horrible. No recognition when someone goes out of their way to do something. Always gets called in on days not scheduled. HORRIBLE hours. Cotton on team is pretty chill though. Fun young group of people to work with. Most of the issues rely on corporate not giving much hours and not teaching their management team how to properly lead.
Pros
Employee discount. Fun chill environment. Focuses on charity
Cons
Hours suck, Disorganized management
people
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC21 July 2017
he people are extremely committed to and passionate about the company's success. There is a clear focus on people and culture - evidenced by superior comp and benefits and by company initiatives centered on accountability and engagement.
Fast Peace Work Environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL20 July 2017
• Oversee store operational requirements, shrinkage control, scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Achieves financial objective by setting monthly and annual sales plan; payroll control; analyzing sales penetration by department; and creating a customer service oriented culture.
Hands-on, creative, results driven and fun company.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng19 July 2017
I'm grateful for the chance to work for the company. When i started working there i wasn't aware of the day to day operations of the company and needless to say, it's taken me out of my comfort zone and that has helped me as an individual both personally and careerwise. Yes, there's been a lot of cons and over and above all, the company has helped me and is still helping me grow and challenge myself.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
No basic salary. Long hours.
opportunity to learn
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 July 2017
Being with the cotton on group was a learning curve for me. But it was not a great fit for me but I will take all that I have learnt from them. The hardest part of the job were the long hours.
Pros
opportunity to learn
Cons
Good Workplace, just not for temps
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CA18 July 2017
Working as a temp during the holiday season it was a pretty enjoyable job. I liked the clothes there and the discounts were nice and even a percentage of their profits go towards 3rd world countries. The downside comes with being a temp. I wasn't scheduled NEARLY as much as was promised. Other than my own personal experience, CottonOn provided a great working environment and friendly co-workers.
Pros
Helping with a cause, great working environment, friendly coworkers.
Cons
Hours can be very spotty.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX18 July 2017
A typical day at work is making sure items are organized and displayed nicely for the customers convenience, assisting customers as well as coworkers with work, and maintaining store aesthetics. The store environment is typically nice and friendly. There is always something to do.
Pros
Employee Discount
Fun place to work
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA17 July 2017
There was always something to do at the facility, and at times I was offered overtime, which was great. The individuals that worked at this location were hard working individuals, who were also trying to punch in the extra hours. The labor was intense and hard at times.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Changi Airport16 July 2017
I enjoy the environment there with the staffs . I will always look forward to work . I have learned that doing something you love while working makes you even interested in the job . Management wise I will rate 5/5 because I will never have to worry about having late pay day . The hardest part of the job is to stand for long hours and to always smile even customers give you hard time . Nevertheless I will always enjoy doing retail services .
Pros
Break after 6hours for 1hour
Cons
No one was willing to cover up for me when I was sick while I always do for them .
Horrible place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA13 July 2017
The Cotton On company is still trying to find it is place, they are not organize all over the place. you get little pay no hours for your store. You'll be better off working at Taco Bell. They have you do everything and expect it to be done right that moment .
Pros
Good discount
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal11 July 2017
Cotton on was very exciting to work for. I had a lot of great memories there. you are free to express yourself in all ways possible, from dress code to your personality.
Pros
staff benefit (50% of all clothing)
Learn many things
Sales (Former Employee) –  Mong Kok, Kowloon11 July 2017
I earn some Work experience, and Learn how to communicate with other people who different age with me, also may sales techniques such as always smile to customers
Fun place
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 July 2017
It a very fun place. The environment is great, lovely nd bubly team members. But the salary is very bad, too small. But I have learned so much from this company
Pros
Staff Discount
Bad culture of bullying
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wacol QLD3 July 2017
Sheer favoritism an giving of opportunity to people that are bullies if you don't know any of the management staff (two who are married which shows conflict of interest) then your screwed
I love working with open minded people
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur3 July 2017
Everyday is a new challenge at work
I learned alot from my seniors on how to treat customer right
The management are so helpful
Workplace culture are fun to be around, safe and comfortable
Hardest part is everytime on peak hours there are too many people sometimes its out of control
Most enjoyable is we are like family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval