The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Fun place
RETAIL (Former Employee) –  KulaiApril 5, 2016
In my experince I was enjoy in this job because I learn how speak in another language like mostly in mandarin, english. I learn how to control when the customer does not statisfied with our service. But this both of my company does not give benefit to their staff like medical card, insurance and bonus while their staff working in a public holiday. Actually I'm as a retailer working base on the salary and Im does not working overtime without a salary.
interesting workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GPJanuary 9, 2016
i have worked at the Cotton On for over a year and I can honestly say its a good place to begin your career. The benefits are good and the salary is reasonable provided you're willing to work hard. forget about weekends off though as you"ll be working most weekends.
Pros
the 50% dicount on full-price items, uniform deal
Cons
Long hours especially during the holiday season, expected to work six days a week
awesome people, awesome clothes
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, ECJanuary 28, 2016
Working at Cotton On has been bliss, even on a typical day when not much is taking place engaging with the customers is always enough to keep a smile on my face. i have learnt a lot of things like how important targets are for each individual Cotton On store, also learning how important customer service is and how beneficial going the extra mile is. the hardest part had to be packing the arriving stock, its really exhausting physically. my most enjoyable days have to be EVERYDAY :)
Pros
work benefits
Unproductive workforce, Managerial issue
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical workday for me entailed doing all my required responsibilities. However, the "team" I worked with seemed to be more like a clique in high school and would gossip and make matters hard for me because I was new. I would take on others shifts and take on their workload when asked and was still treated poorly.
Pros
Typical
Cons
No benefits, acceptance issues
Fast pace and interesting store
Cashier Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLOctober 29, 2015
When I first stepped into CottonON, I was a little overwhelmed; the atmosphere was bright and the staff was very bubbly and enthusiastic. I got over that feeling once I saw how professional yet inviting the company and its employers were. The job was fast paced and I had a lot of information to cram into within a matter of a day to be well informed of the company/charities I was representing. The season was that of Black Friday and Christmas so it was quite hectic, but I found solace in satisfying customers' needs and ensure everything was to their liking.
Pros
30/hour breaks
Cons
No food provided, no benefits
FUN PLACE TO WORK, ESPECIALLY IN KIDS DEPARTMENT
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Kuching, M13September 12, 2015
• Learn how to manage & drive results through your team members
• Monitor results and strive to achieve sales and meet performance measures
• Contribute to creating a collaborative, fun results driven team environment
• Apply exceptional visual merchandising standards and manage inventory
• Learn how to build the business in line with our company vision and values
• Handling customer complain and some of the difficulties during the operation hours
• Generated idea to top management in order to achieve all the monthly or yearly target
Pros
ENVIRONTMENT
Cons
NO EXTRA BENEFITS
easy going environment
ASM (Current Employee) –  TXOctober 16, 2015
Its an easy going job, as a manager you will sometimes be left alone in the store which means no actual break. Higher management does its best to keep up eith store but will leave you on a cliff hanger for weeks at a time. Its a good part time job but if you're looking for more hours and benefits this is not for you.
Pros
50 percent discount
Cons
in store lunch, company constantly chnaging but giving you last minute updates
Fast pace but enjoyable
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stellenbosch, Western CapeDecember 3, 2015
Management are supportive, not really opportunity to grow. Fellow staff members made it an amazing experience. A lot of focus on targets but great incentives and fantastic benefits
Awesome place of work with a good discount
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2015
So the only reason why I left this job was because my store manager left the company. I love the job though and the employee discount was amazing. They are a great place to work and have an awesome reputation and great merchandise. The benefits and pay were awesome and they're flexible if you're going to school or can only work certain days. It's a good place to work while going to college or to make a career out of.
Pros
everything
Cons
great environment and flexible roster
SENIOR RETAIL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLDNovember 10, 2015
Great place to work. Supportive team environment. Great staff discount. Fun. Very flexible with rostered hours and work life balance. Hours could sometimes be longer. Management dont always offer staff internal promotion before bringing in someone from another store. Some management staff are inexperienced should probably not be in management. overall i love my job.
Pros
50% staff discount on CO CO Kids Rubi Supre Factory Typo CO Body
Cons
short shifts, few shifts, lack of internal promotion
Enjoyable and face-paced job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SAMarch 13, 2016
A typical day at work began by being placed in a particular department (e.g., men's wear, fitting rooms, security, etc). I would then aim to keep the department tidy and assist customers throughout the shift.

I learned how to handle working in a fast-paced environment with a lot of other staff.

Management were very efficient, friendly and professional.

The hardest part was not receiving enough shifts and knowing that it was not permanent.

The most enjoyable part was being able to work in fashion and work alongside lots of other friendly people.
Pros
Discount on clothes, busy environment, fun.
Cons
Only a Christmas casual position
Part-Time
Part-Time Sales Assistant - Duties (Former Employee) –  Albany, AucklandMarch 7, 2016
selling products, customer service, making sure store is tidy, till work, web orders, opening and closing the store.

How to make a sale, dealing with customers needs, keeping store tidy and formal, dealing with deliveries, online orders,

Management was always good and organised

Co-workers were really nice, helping and worked as a team

Carrying deliveries because most of the boxes were heavy and there was always a big load of stock coming in three or four times a week

Enjoyed the work team and the customers
Pros
Good work team and discounts
Cons
not enough hours
A home away from home where I'm exploring myself more everyday to be a better human in this world.
Welcome and Assist Customers (Current Employee) –  DubaiFebruary 28, 2016
Busy day,bulk of work and customers on the floor is a typical day.Speaking and communication skills with different person in professional way is what is learnt.My management team always inspire me to grow.All colleagues are understanding and co-operative . To impress senior is hard,But I love my job Because I'm independent.
Pros
Medical insurance and customer service training often
Cons
No extra hours payment and frequently changing schedule
Reconsider
Management (Former Employee) –  Maryland/Virginia DistrictJune 2, 2015
Overall, a good brand. Probably moreso outside of the U.S. U.S. has poor corporate organization. Upper Management does not care about employees. A lot of work for low pay. Constant changes and re-changes. Area-management poor. Unrealistic expectations. Lack of support for front-line workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the clothing and customers. Worst part of customer service is constant complaints due to unrealistic return/exchange policies.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
Poor area management, expectations, poor benefits and pay
Cotton On
Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2016
Cotton on is a great place to work as far the co-workers to the customers, My mangers were awesome, We were all one big hard working family. The clothes are awesome to wear and so affordable, The Discount for the employees are awesome

Working at cotton on as a stock lead made me realize what i was actually really good at. The stock room is really small and was really backed up with shipment when i started, most of the time you may have to enjoy your break in the food court because of limited amount of space in the stock room. I was the main man in charge of the stock room so being that i organized the stock room and created space, working for the company really open my eyes as far as working as a Stock associate
Pay is Low, Even as a Manger
Pros
great discount on actually great clothes
Cons
low pay
vibrant work environment, the best customers i could wish for.
Store Manager & 2IC (Former Employee) –  Ocean Keys Joondalup Gateways Whitfords plus +March 28, 2016
Durig my time at Cotton On I was lucky enough to work in various different stores therefore gaining a wide knowledge of products and bestsellers. This opportunity also gave me great insight on how to manage such a diverse variety of team members.
each and every day would be new and totally different to the previous day. I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent with the Cotton On Group however it is now time for me to spread my wings and flourish in a new environment.
Pros
Great team work & family feel
Cons
Due to being a large organisation its easy to get lost amongst the thousands of employees
productive
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  DurbanFebruary 17, 2016
Good working environment.They are cultured and keep to their principals. Motivating, good team work helps to achieve more.
Pros
staff discounts
Care for its people
Asia Stocktake and Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee) –  CuppageApril 3, 2016
Flexible hours to encourage work life balance
Lots of supply for fruits in the office
Lots of team bonding
Free beverages on every friday
Very fast pace with a lot of new faces every now and then
Exciting environment
was a great job with lots of interactive roles
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLDApril 25, 2016
was enjoyable and fun. I learned many key skills in customer service, along with gaining knowledge about how a retail business works. My co-workers were happy and always positive. The hardest part of work was during Christmas, as you can guess it got pretty hectic at that time. but the most enjoyable part of the job was the rewarding satisfaction that i helped someone look a little bit neater in their appearance. you're welcome
Pros
food
Cons
no microwave
Thoroughly enjoyed it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
This was my first retail job and it was seasonal, so I worked during the busiest time of year, yet management and all my co-workers were very nice, they took the time to train me thoroughly and accepted all my questions, and were understanding about balancing my work schedule with my school schedule. The hardest part of the job was maintaining floor appearing and stocking, everything else was highly enjoyable.
Pros
Great atmostsphere, Great discounts