The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Energetic workplace with great colleagues
Relief- Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamworth NSW13 October 2017
The Cotton On Group was a great experience. I learnt alot about what it means to apart of a workplace and having fun whilst getting jobs done. Although i had great time working there the hours were tiring and long, i didn't get breaks and at the end of the day i wasn't really looking forward to going back to work the next day. But in sayig that, it was my first job in retai so i guess it was no shock to me.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
5 hour shifts without a break
fun and productive workplace
Sales Assistant/ Acting Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng12 October 2017
my typical day at work, serve the best customer service, make sure all products are on the sales floor, have a big smile on your face throughout the day.
I've learned how to adapt to different environments, how to handle pressure, how to be a good leader and loving your job.
I rate management 4/5
workplace culture, work hard but smart, have fun while doing it.
Getting used to the different shifts was the hardest part.
Visual merchandising was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
free coffee and tea
Cons
Different shifts
Ehh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FL9 October 2017
Its okay I guess. I was just upset because I was not paid on time and/or at all because of payment issues that were barely corrected. Maybe it was just the manager?
Former employee`
Key-holder/ Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA6 October 2017
This company really cares about their employees. 50% discount a plus. Great company to work for. I really love the managment and HR is alway available.
Pros
50% off
Relaxing and fun environment
Associate Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA5 October 2017
Most days were relaxing, not stressful at all (except the holidays). Learning how to talk with strangers and understand their needs and wants is the biggest lesson I grabbed from this experienced. Management could have improved in terms of guiding newcomers and effectively teaching employees how to engage with customers. I believe the hardest part of the job was maintaining a calm attitude while working with upset or distressed customers, and finding a solution to help them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work independently with customers and being of help to them.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
No benefits
fun workplace but very busy
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng2 October 2017
very nice place to work for when you in management.
always a pleasure going to work and you have a lot of fun..
you work very hard and there is no balance between work and your personal life
Pros
50% off staff purchases
Cons
An exciting place to work at!
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Boon Lay1 October 2017
I have the best colleagues ever .
I always look forward to work for my shift and to meet the needs and wants of Cotton On precious customers ! Harderst part of the job? Would be on sales days . Its a hectic but a fun day !
Wanted it to be great
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA30 September 2017
Had high hopes that the group's strategies and vision would enable growth and learnings.
Disappointed with the results and the hands on approach taken by leadership in the head office.
Cotton on group
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng28 September 2017
I have learned a lot at Cotton on, the workplace culture was the most interesting part of my job then. The hardest part of the job was knocking off really late and doing Visual Merchandising (VM). The management was not at all bad but there were few of the management people that did not care about the employees and always showed it. The most enjoyable part was the discounts and working as a team to reach target and even when target is met, the team spirits.
Pros
discounts and sharing lunches with colleagues.
Cons
Knocking off late and not having transport.
Great Upper level mangement and Family Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA19 September 2017
When you get used to working with other store managers and assistant managers over the phone, it makes life so much easier and there is such a strong support system between all managers and I truly feel like our districts, as intertwined as the three of ours are, create a great family where you always have somewhere to turn for guidance and support. Always a lot of positive energy floating around and impacts the vibes in stores in the most positive of ways.
Average
Part Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whangarei District, Northland18 September 2017
a typical work day is overworked and not a fun atmosphere. I learnt how to do VM. The hardest part was the cotton on group not being flexible. The most enjoyable part was the people.
Cotton On dont give you room to move if they feel your not good enough your out
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA17 September 2017
Working for the Cotton On Family is hard work for little pay,they also have so much paperwork that's got too be done daily,Also you are the only perso
Cons
no training, hard to get hold of management, large turn over on staff
Non Productivity
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Petaling Jaya16 September 2017
Lack of productivity and not a healthy environment at working place. Always need to work with lack of manpower and too much task at the same time.....
Good company
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CA15 September 2017
It's a fun environment. Coworkers are typically very kind and hardworking. Sometimes it would get a bit hectic but overall a good company to work for.
Typical Day
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA14 September 2017
My favorite part about working at Cotton On has got to be the positive vibes and the constant need for customer service since you meet someone new everyday. The hardest part is just keeping up with all the folding that the customers do during their time in the store. You learn efficient teamwork and time management. Very hip and down to earth store.
Pros
co-workers, discounts, flexible
Cons
hours, benefits
guize of fun culture
Casual Senior Sales (Former Employee) –  Victoria12 September 2017
Bad management, constant shuffling. At times, bullying to achieve sales targets. little understanding. Poor quality products, little care for quality control. refusal of toilet breaks.
Pros
good discount
Cons
in one year I had over 6 different managers
outlet mall
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL7 September 2017
so many different types of people. coming from all over the world to come get that deal. hundreds of discount stores and hundreds of people looking for the best deal. teaching the foreigners about american currency was always fun.
Pros
food court lunch
Cons
no open windows
awesome company
manager (Former Employee) –  new zealand5 September 2017
great management team and a very involved company, work hard and theres a lot of room for progression.
can be quite demanding on setting up VM with low numbers of staff which can be an issue, and starting really early before store opens.
Its a fun place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Free State5 September 2017
Its a fun place u get to meet different people with fantastic culture and management is good to their worker's its a great experience to me nf a great place
Pros
Goyd salary
Cons
detail oriented sales motivated company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Augustine, FL29 August 2017
Great company to work for. the experience given is extensive and creative. communication with upper management is great, and helps meet needs of business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.