The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced and task drvin
store manager (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPDecember 10, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: no salary equality
I loved working for cotton on the fast paced environment and and career advancement is always a possibility if the right amount of work is put in.
great work place
Christmas casual sales assistant (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICDecember 9, 2014
very fun and fast paced environment to work in with a hard working team
Fast Paced
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Plantation, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: 50% clothing
Cons: low pay
I had two very different experiences with different managers.
My first manager was more experienced, an excellent multi-tasker, friendly, and knowledgeable. Which made a typical day very scheduled and easy to follow. I did not have the same experience with the latter manager.
fun and great environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 1, 2014
You really need to have great time management in order to be successful at this company.
What I thought
Christmas Casual (Former Employee), SheppartonNovember 25, 2014
I liked working there, got to meet new people, and got to learn how to close and open the store
Productive and fun workplace
Cotton on (Current Employee), Auckland, NNovember 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the customers very well, helping out the customers and getting along with work friends. I've always wanted to work in a clothing retail store so hopefully i get accepted and work really hard to get Manager. A typical day at work will be customers not really liking it at the store
Average.
Christmas Casual (Former Employee), Auckland,November 24, 2014
Pros: customer service experience
Cons: random long hours, on call, some staff members are rude.
Did not really like how some of the staff treat you, long hours and sometimes if you work 10 hours you will have to take your break all at once instead of taking two or three breaks throughout the day/evening.
fun and productive in the work place
sales assistent (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: over time
Cons: long hours
customer service to the max greeting of every customer.
i learnt to communicate more to interact with customer and to spot a need.
i have learnt to manage time and plan my day and how to acsicute all my daily planes.
i have learnt to work in teams and with my fellow co works.
hardest part of the job wold be the long hours which was 10 hours min a day.
must – more... enjoyable would be having a customer leave fully satisfied and happy with my help and service and acctually tell the manager thank you for such good customer service. – less
Ruined retial for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Naples, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: met a few good co-workers
Cons: short break, long-tiring shifts, no management, expected to do more then job required
Company doesn't know what it is doing, turn over was huge, Managers were in and out all the time, not consistent
Fast paced
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), Montclair, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: charity donations, discounts
Cons: not enough coverage, management, no weekends off
the pay was decent and training was great. I learned a lot rather quickly.
Cotton on
Store Manager (Former Employee), new jerseyOctober 16, 2014
Cotton on needs work in their upper management, organization, and work life balance for employees.
Cotton On Warehouse
Pick Packer (Current Employee), Lara, VictoriaOctober 14, 2014
Clean place to work, well set out salaries. Although I'm looking for a full time job and they weren't offering me that.
Great Staff but a bad manager can make your time there dfficult
Shop Hand (Former Employee), Maroochydore, QLDOctober 6, 2014
Pros: the team
Cons: the management
We had the best team and the best staff, until the manager got promoted and a new manager stepped in and broke up the staff.
Dividing and conquering shouldn't be a thing in retail.
Fun workplace but unorganized.
Key Holder/Part Time Manager (Former Employee), Langhorne, PAOctober 2, 2014
I learned a lot about time management working for this company and colleagues. Workplace was always pleasant and fast paced. Colleagues were positive. The hardest part of the job was adjusting to so many changes coming from a previous organized business. The most enjoyable part about the job was the coworkers and discount.
great experiance
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Saint Augustine, FLSeptember 30, 2014
Selling to customers.I learned how to work at a clearance store.Co-workers were always fun friendly.
DO NOT APPLY FOR XMAS CASUAL AT TYPO
Christmas Casual (Former Employee), Kotara, NSWSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: not enough shifts
Staff were super friendly but let me tell you, arriving at work for them to tell you that you shift has been cancelled is a peeve and it happened more than once. I think I had about 3 shifts the entire Christmas employment period with some of my longest shifts (7pm til midnight) being cancelled half hour prior because they had too many staff on. The – more... only thing worth it was that I still got the 50% discount despite working so little. I'd be sent home after 3 hours of a 6 hour shift (min they can give you is 3) because they were paying more people than they could earn. I don't understand why they are employing Xmas Casuals again this year, the store is not large enough to need more than 3 people on the floor at a time and hiring 7 Xmas staff on top of the 4 permanent staff already on was ridiculous. I'd be interested to know if any other branches of CottonOn had this same problem with their employment. The most work I did was going in 2 hours before open to do damaged stock with 2 other people. Even then I still got sent home just after opening because they did the books and, what a surprise, they had employed too many people for the day. – less
productive but repetitive work place
Factory worker (Current Employee), lara victoriaSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: early starts
good people, a lot of politics went on though which made it tough to enjoy work
Cotton-On
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: discounts
As a team member of cotton on we help each other when needed,we work well with each the vibe is good. The hardest part of the job is probably shipment just because you want to get it right.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 5, 2014
8 hour workdays. Company allows you to make changes that you see fit to your own store. This helps boost your business by having the freedom to change presentations for your customer.
Awesome
Lead cashier (Former Employee), Torrance, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: wish i could have stayed longer
I enjoyed Myself and the time while i was there, work was always exciting and eventful. great fellow empolyees and a great boss

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group is a retail powerhouse renowned for its winning combination of globally relevant fashion at affordable prices. – Read more