The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Zealand Auckland Manukau21 February 2017
Company is full of energy that eveyday is a new day with ideas that flows around the company, that is shared gloabally to keep the excitement and the joyful feeling alive.
Everyday workoing for the company, theres always something new exciting to do, from dressing up to face painting, of course from the professionals, giving away fun packs for the kids to take home and also free goodies on big day events. Cotton On group is so divers, that we tend to learn new things every of different cultures and just the fact that each individual has something to offer interanlly is amazing. the Cotton on group is more like family instead of a company.
Pros
Funful events weekly to keep the kids and parents entertained.
Cons
No cons
Enjoyable workplace
Christmas Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cannington WA20 February 2017
A fast paced and enjoyable environment working with like minded people all passionate about fashion as well as making it fun and exciting every shift for both employee and customers alike.
Pros
50% of clothing
Cons
Small breakroom
Best place to work at
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State19 February 2017
Absolute great company to work for!!!you can always be yourself and have loads of fun while working. You can't go to bed early enough so you can just wake-up and go to work!!!
Pros
Being yourself
Cons
Communication
Great workplace positive vibes.
CASUAL SALES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Mackay QLD18 February 2017
Great positive atmosphere within all stores that form the Cotton On Group. Management is amazing and do their best to ensure that balance is maintained between your social and work life. They offer amazing benefits for being an employee and all they ask in return is for your 100% effort in the workplace.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bugis18 February 2017
Cotton On has a very vibrant and young corporate culture - due to their young and trendy products - and this was one thing that motivated me to work in Cotton On.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Management is a little weak
Productive and fun place
Permanent Part Time Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suntec City16 February 2017
It's a productive and fun working environment in ways like you always have something to do after one part of your job is done, but also not in an exhausting way. It's fun if you have easy colleagues to be with and are outgoing people as well as if they are welcoming to new working staffs which was fortunate for me as i was able to experience that.
Pros
Staff discount and you always get up to date on what's new in stocks
Cons
Clocking out late due to store mess usually during festive seasons that has sales
fun environment with acceptance of cultures and people
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW 215015 February 2017
Love going into work. Its a place where you don't even feel like your working, because you're just surrounded by people who love people, which brings out the best in everyone. Ive learned that getting to know your customers really help in the way you can provide for them to the best of your ability. Management is handled professionally. Everyone at work has different back rounds but thats what I love about work, is that everyone is accepting. The hardest part of the job would be being stuck in fittings just because I love working out on the store floor. Just everything working in Cotton ON is a great experience where my skills grow every time I work.
Pros
store discounts
Productive workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Somerset14 February 2017
Days at Cotton On is always busy and keeping me really occupied which helps me past the time better. I've learned quite a number of things like stock takes, cashier, and handling difficult customers. The management are friendly and strict but nevertheless makes work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job, is when dealing difficult customers that keeps demanding stuffs. And the most enjoyable moments of work is with the colleagues that makes work welcoming and enjoyable.
Pros
Staff benefits
it was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CA 913559 February 2017
co workers were nice but the management kept all the hours to themselves. Would call me up last minute to work and call me to let me know they cancelled my shift. I got 50% off though.
Productive and friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CA7 February 2017
Cotton On was a productive and friendly environment. I was glad to be able to work with such a diverse and helpful group of individuals.It taught me wonderful customer service techniques as well as time management.
Fun and caring environment, excellent discounts.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS6 February 2017
Very fast paced environment, constant interacting with customers and providing assistance to find items and advice on fits, wearability of the items, and style.
Pros
Extremely fun environment to work in, excellent benifits and good pay.
Cons
Communication with Mangement difficult.
Team Values
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo6 February 2017
Factorie showed me team values and spirit, They showed me if you work hard enough you will be able to grow with the company. The company as a whole is all about family, All there team members are well taken care of and treated as family.
Pros
Growth was amazing
Cons
Working hours at times
The management actually not good
Sales Assitant (Former Employee) –  Kuala Lumpur3 February 2017
It is a typical day at work. I have learned a lot from the company. The management basically they are being biased and never show a good role, mostly the supervisor.
Fun workplace to be in.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Singapore2 February 2017
really fun place to be in. just that should have more shifts so that part timers can feel that they want to stay longer in the company itself but its a good exposure.
Fun and enjoyable
cashier and sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Protea, Gauteng2 February 2017
Any person would love to work but always have to do what you love.you keep on doing the same thing everytime and it takes time to promote workers and have always loved being the worker there and being part of the stuff
exciting and challenging, extremely tight on budgeting
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC recently Wacol QLD1 February 2017
a great company with good values. creates a positive and healthy work environment and staff development.
in distribution however, the fast pace and the assurance of customer satisfaction (retail) was maintained to it's best possible results, was done on a tight and sometimes not so realistic level.
overall an enjoyable experience but not so good for me with a work/life balance, as I would always want to stay till I finished the day.
Pros
monthly bbq, nice enviroment
Cons
long days between 10 and 14 hrs usually.
Focused over the Brands guidelines & business growth
Store Operations (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi1 February 2017
An Australian brand franchised by Sharaf Retail group, Value fashion retailer with basic segments. Expanding in GCC with other brands.
Pros
Driven by Brands Guidelines & ethics
Cons
Control over local retailing
Good work envinronment
Sales Promoter (Former Employee) –  Setia Alam31 January 2017
Build my confidence level and gained experience about the operation was been held at there. I had learn how to deal with customer and build my soft skill when interact with customer. The workplace culture was fun and very energetic
Pros
Provide breaks, healthcare
Cons
Low wages
complicated
Cotton on Employee (Former Employee) –  Warrnambool VIC31 January 2017
working at cotton on was kind of a struggle as i thought the team wasn't easy to work with and were not very nice. The roster wasn't put out till late which was annoying as you didn't no when you had to work and i wasn't really trained well i was thrown in the deep end.
Pros
nice clothes
Cons
staff need to be nicer
No room for progression unless you suck up
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 January 2017
You won't be able to go up in the company unless you suck up to the top management team.
They start off by saying how much room there is for career progression but you will never see it.
Management are terrible, shifts get cut through text message an hour before you start a shift sometimes. Rosters are only released after constantly asking management for them.
Only management get any form of rego nation for the store, and most managers will leave the store looking horrible for the rest of us to clean up.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything el