The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun workplace that was always racing the bar for other stores.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 27, 2016
Working for Cotton On was a great experience that gave me the opportunity to use the skills I have acquired over the years in a brand new store. Since I was part of the opening of this location , I had an opportunity to learn first hand as to what it takes to open a business from a successful operation point of view .I was able to train and foster great relationships with my coworkers, many of whom have never worked in retail before, with the proper tools to do great in retail. I enjoyed coming to work everyday with set goals and expectations of from my how to exceed what was expected of us as a team .
Pros
Great opportunity to learn and grow .
Cons
Down season hours did not let put up all the discount shipment we received .
Brilliant place to work
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WAJune 24, 2016
Brilliant team - really friendly people. From the regional manager to fellow Christmas casuals, everyone was happy to work in the team. Great benefits including 50% discounts. Challenging daily budget tasks and charity sales goals. An easygoing yet challenging workplace. Overall brilliant place to work.
Pros
50% discount at Cotton on Group stores
Cons
Late night Thursdays
Fun & different
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, AustraliaSeptember 11, 2016
When i was working here i was living in Australia at the time, i thought it was a good and enjoyable experience, i didn't have any trouble at all, the people i worked with were absolutely kind and caring about all workers. The job was quite mellowed out nothing hard and nothing easy it was just the perfect job.
Pros
40% Discounts On The Shop
Cons
Alot Of Thieves
Thoroughly enjoyed it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 23, 2016
This was my first retail job and it was seasonal, so I worked during the busiest time of year, yet management and all my co-workers were very nice, they took the time to train me thoroughly and accepted all my questions, and were understanding about balancing my work schedule with my school schedule. The hardest part of the job was maintaining floor appearing and stocking, everything else was highly enjoyable.
Pros
Great atmostsphere, Great discounts
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  johanessburgJuly 8, 2016
we worked we worked a 11 hours shift..
I have learned a to be patient and how to work with difficult customers.
my co-workers and I got along very well, we were like a family.
when we knock off late and we struggled with transport that was the hardest part but overall it was a great working experience and it was fun.
Pros
50% discount for stuff
Cons
Growing company with plenty of opportunity
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAAugust 5, 2016
Room for growth, fun and engaging team. Must be resilient as their is a lot of change within marketing and merchandising. Focuses on presentation operation experience and team. You have the ability to work for different brands within the company. (I.E. Cotton on, Typo, Cotton On Kids)
fun and vibrant
SALES REPRESENTATIVE christmas casual (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengJune 1, 2016
Working for Cotton on was a great experience for me, I got to meet different personalities which taught me how to adapt to all types of personality, it was really fun working with other young individuals like me I loved the discount I got at Cotton on for being an employee, over all it was not bad working there.
Pros
discounts good salary
Cons
long hours.
Fun filled environment with great vibes
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VICMay 3, 2016
The Cotton On Group was my first job in the retail area. It definitely was a very comfortable transition into the company as my fellow team members were extremely friendly and made my period of stay comfortable. I worked many areas within the store, from visual merchandising to Sales assisting on shop floor and cashiering out the front. I definitely got my taste for work from Cotton On.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Contracts not offered
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLDSeptember 22, 2016
Typo provides opportunities for career progress and creates a fun environment to work in. My only issues with Typo are the personal politics of management staff and a lack of communication between management and the casual staff.
Pros
Staff discount, friendly work environment.
was a great job with lots of interactive roles
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLDApril 25, 2016
was enjoyable and fun. I learned many key skills in customer service, along with gaining knowledge about how a retail business works. My co-workers were happy and always positive. The hardest part of work was during Christmas, as you can guess it got pretty hectic at that time. but the most enjoyable part of the job was the rewarding satisfaction that i helped someone look a little bit neater in their appearance. you're welcome
Pros
food
Cons
no microwave
Great place to work, very easy-going and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJune 8, 2016
Working at Cotton On was an awesome experience. I liked all of my co-workers, the payment was fare and the discount was great. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to work in a great retail environment.
Pros
Laid-back environment, great co-workers, awesome employee discount
Cons
No complaints
non formal enviroment
National Visual Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GautengMay 3, 2016
day at work is highly pressurized, management is not formalized,
hardest part of my job is the lack of work life balance, i enjoyed the international exposure of the brands in my portfolio, i was extremely passionate about the training and development which i gave to the retail teams.
Pros
encourage innovative ideas & concepts
Cons
no work life balance
fun company to work at
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-NatalSeptember 6, 2016
Customer orientated company ,interacting with the customer and making the customer happy at all times is very important.Workers are valued members of the company and team work is very important when it comes to pushing out record sales.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Fun place
RETAIL (Former Employee) –  KulaiApril 5, 2016
In my experince I was enjoy in this job because I learn how speak in another language like mostly in mandarin, english. I learn how to control when the customer does not statisfied with our service. But this both of my company does not give benefit to their staff like medical card, insurance and bonus while their staff working in a public holiday. Actually I'm as a retailer working base on the salary and Im does not working overtime without a salary.
Fun and productive place to work with lovely people
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Lara VICJune 26, 2016
Supervisors are nice and encouraging
Pay is really good especially for students
Work is mostly constant but you only know if you are working 8pm the night before there is no roster which can be very annoying if you are trying to study.
vibrant work environment, the best customers i could wish for.
Store Manager & 2IC (Former Employee) –  Ocean Keys Joondalup Gateways Whitfords plus +March 28, 2016
Durig my time at Cotton On I was lucky enough to work in various different stores therefore gaining a wide knowledge of products and bestsellers. This opportunity also gave me great insight on how to manage such a diverse variety of team members.
each and every day would be new and totally different to the previous day. I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent with the Cotton On Group however it is now time for me to spread my wings and flourish in a new environment.
Pros
Great team work & family feel
Cons
Due to being a large organisation its easy to get lost amongst the thousands of employees
Productive and positive environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Cotton On for multiply reasons. I had a flexible work schedule, great co-workers and I eve received 50%off merchandize. The hardest part about this job would have to be working during all the holidays. The store would get beyond crowded.
Pros
positive environment and 50% discount
Cons
insurance and pay
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  BugisJuly 31, 2016
The best part of the job is folding of the clothes and interact with customers. Some customers are harder to handle, but we as a retail assistant, we have to calm ourselves down and not get mad and make the situation more harder to handle.
Fun and Enjoying environment
Retail Assistant (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  HarbourFrontSeptember 17, 2016
working in a retail line get me to interact with the customer and also the joy of working in a music environment. hardest part of the job is closing part where we have to clean up and re arrange the clothes
Fun Workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chermside QLDAugust 6, 2016
Very fun workplace and co-workers! The most enjoyable part of the job was working within the Cotton area was working in the multiply stores around Chermside that it had available and the diverse range of people who worked there