The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
all day babysitting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMarch 1, 2015
Pros: watched netflix and played video games all day with the kids
Cons: watched netflix and played video games all day with the kids
It was a good summer job. It wasn't through a company, just a friend of a friend needed a babysitter and didnt want to pay as much
fast pased environment
manager (Current Employee), melbourneFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: fun teams
Cons: payrises are hard to come by even if you work really hard and deserve one.
fast passed sometimes over stressed work environment. great to work for if you get the right team and right location. hard to progress in the company unless your willing to travel. hard to get a pay rise.
Cotton On Group
Cotton On Clothing (Current Employee), Chartwell, NFebruary 10, 2015
Typical day at work would be doing stock in the mornings, greeting every customer that enters the store. When serving offering Charity items or promotional add ons, Cleaning up the store. I love working with the cotton on team, you get along with everyone and often your age group. The best thing about cotton on is flexible hours if you attend University or school and definitely the discounts.
very productive, and enjoyable
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Middletown, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the discounts and great people
Cons: not many benefits and the pay
- A typical day at work was productive and fast
-I learned a lot about P.O.S ( point of sale ) system
- My co-workers were for the most part great
- The hardest part of the job was maintaining the store by yourself at times, especially on busy days!
- The most enjoyable part of the job was making customers happy.
Productive and fun workplace with a great team of colleagues
Senior Sales and Customer Service Operator (Current Employee), Karingal, VictoriaFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: always something to do, fun
Cons: -
A typical day at work includes making sure the store is kept tidy at all times, handling cash and greeting customers ensuring I am providing exceptional customer service.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Showing excellent customer service (Former Employee), Melbourne VICFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: 50% off clothes
Cons: cleaning
Cotton On is a really active place to work. There is always something to do, which should come as no surprise due to it being retail. A typical day at work would be greeting customers and helping them out if they can't find something or have a question about the sales. I learned a lot while working there, especially about how to solve problems and also being a customer myself that I should always think about the staff while shopping because customers don't see what happens when no one is looking. Management is amazing and very precise, they always want you to be comfortable and happy about the job and they want to make sure that your enjoying your work which is important. My co-workers are really amazing people, they are always there to help out if your stuck or need something. They are always looking out for you and making sure that everyone is getting their breaks and staying happy and enjoying work. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I make a customer smile. I love it when I can help them out and they walk away saying "wow, she was so helpful" or I when I know the answer to a question, that also makes my day.
I m a dedicated person and also commited in delivering good service to customer
sales (Former Employee), Johannesburg North, GPFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: bring in my own lunch
Cons: extra hours
I think working for thes company will be a great opportunity for me,and it will able me to gain more experiance and knowladge about the company as a whole.I ill like to gain more experiance and also the running of the company and its principles.The most funny part to experiance is working together with co workers sharing job and knowladge.
Fun place to work.
RETAIL ASSISTANT (Former Employee), PERTHJanuary 27, 2015
Hard work producing so many balloons on Saturday's, no time to rest. Was very exhausting. But nice people to work with. And very creative.
Cotton On
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 11, 2015
It was a good work experience and I learned a lot. They were very flexible with schedules but then they rarely gave out hours.
Be face to face with customer is the most fun experience
Fulltimer Cotton On (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (Former Employee), Kuala Lumpur, M14January 5, 2015
- 5 days per week
- learn more about the whole department @store management
- learn more about to handle customer related problem
- learn about the visual merchandising and how to manage store
- the co-worker really give full of support
- the hardest part was how to manage customer related problem
- the most enjoyable part was when could serve customer and got the high dollar per sale
Fun workplace, loved retail
Casual retail (Former Employee), Maitland, NSWDecember 23, 2014
Pros: gained so much experience, had a great time especially during the christmas period, met so many great people.
Cons: didn't get any breaks, bad organisation from my manager
I would open and close the stores on every shift, mostly worked by myself as it wasn't always busy.
I learned how to appropriately handle complaints from customers and stressful times. I work well in busy hours of the day.
I was always happy to come to work, especially during busy times as I can socially and interact with the customers and help them out.
good for first time retail
xmas casual (Former Employee), cotton on kids new lynnDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good staff discounts
Cons: not enough training
it was okay working with cotton on. very good to boost your work experience. management was not good at the time. the manager working for cotton on kids at the time was not present at work as she was having personal problems which lead to her not being at work almost the whole period i was there so all management was put onto a co worker. hardest part of the job was handing the cashier the training for that was very poor.
fast paced and task drvin
store manager (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPDecember 10, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: no salary equality
I loved working for cotton on the fast paced environment and and career advancement is always a possibility if the right amount of work is put in.
great work place
Christmas casual sales assistant (Former Employee), Melbourne, VICDecember 9, 2014
very fun and fast paced environment to work in with a hard working team
Fast Paced
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Plantation, FLDecember 2, 2014
Pros: 50% clothing
Cons: low pay
I had two very different experiences with different managers.
My first manager was more experienced, an excellent multi-tasker, friendly, and knowledgeable. Which made a typical day very scheduled and easy to follow. I did not have the same experience with the latter manager.
fun and great environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 1, 2014
You really need to have great time management in order to be successful at this company.
What I thought
Christmas Casual (Former Employee), SheppartonNovember 25, 2014
I liked working there, got to meet new people, and got to learn how to close and open the store
Productive and fun workplace
Cotton on (Current Employee), Auckland, NNovember 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting along with the customers very well, helping out the customers and getting along with work friends. I've always wanted to work in a clothing retail store so hopefully i get accepted and work really hard to get Manager. A typical day at work will be customers not really liking it at the store
Average.
Christmas Casual (Former Employee), Auckland,November 24, 2014
Pros: customer service experience
Cons: random long hours, on call, some staff members are rude.
Did not really like how some of the staff treat you, long hours and sometimes if you work 10 hours you will have to take your break all at once instead of taking two or three breaks throughout the day/evening.
fun and productive in the work place
sales assistent (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: over time
Cons: long hours
customer service to the max greeting of every customer.
i learnt to communicate more to interact with customer and to spot a need.
i have learnt to manage time and plan my day and how to acsicute all my daily planes.
i have learnt to work in teams and with my fellow co works.
hardest part of the job wold be the long hours which was 10 hours min a day.
must enjoyable would be having a customer leave fully satisfied and happy with my help and service and acctually tell the manager thank you for such good customer service.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group is a retail powerhouse renowned for its winning combination of globally relevant fashion at affordable prices. – Read more