The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
communication skills
get it on internet (Former Employee), western cape waterfront and canal walkJuly 24, 2015
Pros: 1hour
Cons: 10
The only thing that you must know its a customer service try to help customers by having communication skill , nd u must have tteam work nd respect
Daily routine works
Sr Fashion Advisor /Customer Service (Current Employee), DubaiJuly 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch up on the straight shifts
Cons: 9hrs
1. updating the notice boards daily sale figure,atv,ipc,feet in)
2. tidy up the shop floor
8. working with team
9.having fun..
meet different people
Stocktaker (Current Employee), Sydney, NSWJuly 22, 2015
Pros: we can talk and gossip on work place
Cons: sometime guns are not working.
We work here as a family and learned too many things from each other everyday on work place as meet different people and work with them share experience. Management is good like punctuality, everything was planned before starting work and we have to go step by step as firstly, we have to scan stock than picking and packing rotating. co-workers are from various country and all are helping each other as if someone finish there part of work they start helping others to finish work.
The hardest part of job is rotating and upload trucks.
the most enjoyable part of job is lot of people working together and we can gossip.
Never dread a Monday
Retail Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee), Geelong Head OfficeJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Flexi hours, gym onsite, supportive environment, growing company, healthy cafe onsite
Cotton On is a fantastic retailer to work for! Words that come to mind when I think of Cotton On include fun, energetic, supportive, endless opportunities, dream big and exciting!

No day is the same and there are very few workplaces that have so many employees walking in the door with a big smile on their face every Monday morning!

Having worked for other retailers and big, global organisations, I can honestly say there are very few companies like Cotton On and I feel so lucky to be apart of such a great working team!
Fun but boring over time
Part time Sales Assistant (Current Employee), East London, ECJune 17, 2015
Pros: Staff discounts
Cons: Long hours
Working one of the biggest retailers in the world is amazing. You get to meet amazing people daily. You learn how to deal with different people and how human behaviour works through observation. Working with a easy going team with a management that is accessible makes it a breeze to work here. However, the long hours of retail are not very nice and the fact that work becomes redundant makes it hard to enjoy.
Hard working environment
Pick packer (Former Employee), Geelong, VICJune 16, 2015
Pros: Good pay and good exercise
Cons: Long hours and too much of a strain on my back
Very physical workplace. Fast paced and very dusty. I learned how to work in a wear house, how to use an RF scanner and how to do stock take.
Horrible experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), N/AJune 15, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: No breaks, no work/life balance, long hours in the early morning, no payroll, the list is endless
I don't recommend anyone to work for this company. I worked by myself long hours with no breaks on several occasions. Sometimes I would work around the clock (24 hrs). No payroll to accomplish what needed to get done. Drama filled and no communication between management and corporate. No emails to communicate or able to check your figures (budget). I could sit here all day on all the cons about this company. WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR. BUYER BEWARE!! If you have a family or want a work life balance this company is not for you.
Former employee 7 plus years Lara Warehouse
Replenishmant / Inventory (Former Employee), Lara, VICJune 13, 2015
Pros: 50 % off staff card - if you get one and if it will work for you
Cons: low pay, bullying, lazy workers, no training, dimwit managers ......
Gave this company over 7 years of hard, honest work.
Worked public holidays, overtime and any shift they needed me to work. For what?
From day 1 I have never been trained in any role - I hit the ground running and learnt as I went along.
To be constantly harassed and bullied and discriminated against.
Bullies taking pot shots at fellow workers. They know they can get away with it. Formal complaints land on deaf ears.
Being told to sell out customer orders when it is available but the manager wont let us do our jobs properly.
In online one day I was forced to short sell 200 customer orders. I refused but they ignored me and wondered why the customers rang in complaining. Entering customer orders on system as being sent when they are still being packed - just to meet daily Kpi. The order turn around should be 48 hours - it is closer to 5 days.
The only way to be promoted is to play sport, be related or friends with someone high up, or be a male.
Dumb young new workers being promoted above those with experience and having the nerve to ask those experienced in role to train them. Then they think they can stand around and do nothing but talk to each other.
Managers that are friends or family of company owner. That is the only reason they became managers.
This company is a joke. It made me into a person that I did not like and I was always frustrated with their attitude towards workers. We were a number and our opinion or work values meant nothing. I am so glad I resigned in the end and am glad to see the back of them. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone.
Reconsider
Management (Former Employee), Maryland/Virginia DistrictJune 2, 2015
Pros: Great employee discount
Cons: Poor area management, expectations, poor benefits and pay
Overall, a good brand. Probably moreso outside of the U.S. U.S. has poor corporate organization. Upper Management does not care about employees. A lot of work for low pay. Constant changes and re-changes. Area-management poor. Unrealistic expectations. Lack of support for front-line workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is the clothing and customers. Worst part of customer service is constant complaints due to unrealistic return/exchange policies.
work is fun
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Townsville, QLDApril 28, 2015
a typical day at work would including dealing with customers good and bad, some leaving clothes in change rooms and some always the exceptional nice ones lending to help.
fun workplace
Retail sales associate (Former Employee), Torrance, CAApril 27, 2015
It was a temporary job, for the holidays. It was my first real job, and it showed me the ropes. I set up displays, and kept the store organized for my time there. I enjoyed my time there, the managers were helpful and the coworkers were nice.
fun, to an extent
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECApril 24, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: management
making sure that the store is cleaned and stock is out and displayed properly. Meeting sales targets and assisting customers
Overall was a good learning!
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), GLOBALLYApril 21, 2015
Great place to learn, fast. This is a very fast paced environment. Be ready for a challenge and to be challenged.

The people were not right for my liking.
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales Assiociate (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 17, 2015
Management is amazing and everyone is always excited and ready to work.
Customers are always friendly and there is very little stress related obsticals working for this company.
Fun Workplace
Retail/Cashier (Former Employee), Torrance, CAApril 16, 2015
Everyone is chill and the managers make work fun.. Employee are great and you get 40% off all merchandise. hours are great. Store is always busy. You get vacation benefits too. a lot of room for advancement on the sales position.
Fun/easy place to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ft WorthApril 8, 2015
Company as a whole wasn't organized but depending on what store you work at you may have a manager that does there best to be organized and on point
Fun job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Temecula, CAMarch 31, 2015
The company is small and still growing with lots of chances for advancement. Just wish they invested more time on giving more payroll instead of having just one manager and one associate all day long
Cotton On
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aventura, FLMarch 28, 2015
cotton on workers are usually very hardworking and dedicated. Sometimes stressed and Overwhelmed from a lot of work but lack of staff.
Fun working environment
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Causeway Point; WoodlandsMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at work would be folding the clothes on the table and arranging the wall stocks, serving the customers and assisting them while ensuring the store's cleanliness.

I picked up a lot of skills throughout my 2 years of working here. Examples would be opening and closing the store, folding the clothes according to the standards, organizing and packing of stocks in the backroom, operating the cash registers and also, doing the monthly visual merchandizing changes.

Management wise was fine. I am very thankful that I got to work with managers, who are very understanding and friendly and always made work fun to come to.

My co-workers were an awesome bunch of people to work with. There's never a single day at work where I don't smile, laugh and have fun while I'm working because they made the environment fun to work in.

The hardest part of the job would be during sales period, where the store will be packed with staff and customers alike and the store will be in a mess. Often, we would only leave the store past midnight during sales period, just to ensure the store's cleanliness.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have fun while working. I would always dance to the music that is being played within the store while I'm racking up, in a bid to keep the customers entertained and make them smile or laugh.
Happy and loving environment
Christmas casual (Former Employee), manukauMarch 23, 2015
Pros: generous discounts.
Cons: fortnightly pay
working at cotton on was amazing. My asistant manager helped me constantly with my customer service skills and was really suppourtive. the most enjoyable part was workingwith such amazing people! i would go back in a heart beat!.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group is a retail powerhouse renowned for its winning combination of globally relevant fashion at affordable prices. – Read more