The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Most unprofessional company
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), AucklandAugust 28, 2014
Cares little about their employees. Is happy to have part-timers managing shifts and other part-timers for the same salary. Used to have a time and a quarter wage on Sundays, but suddenly after years revoked that. Company is extremely unorganised especially in its delegation of tasks. No employee not on salary can expect to get a consistent number of – more... hours because the company hires more staff than hours they have to give, in order to have backup staff, who most of the time only get 3 hours a fortnight. A true example of maximising company profits, minimising employee benefits. The only benefit is the 50% off merchandise discount, limited to 20 items a month for part-timers, however this is not given without some benefit to the company, the discount means that employees will buy the products, putting money in their pockets and wear the clothes to work therefore promoting the brand to customers. The company attempts to promote a series of values to its employees, none of which are actually demonstrated by the brand. – less
productive fast paced great team enviroment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), liverpoolJuly 27, 2014
Pros: we got 50% off the cotton on group store.
i would work with generally with one other person which was the store manager, serving cusotmers and unpacking stock.
the most enjoyable part of the day was knowing that i had helped a customer suit their need and they were pleased with the outcome.
Fun Vibe
Sales of clothing, Stock regulation (Current Employee), Onehunga, NJuly 27, 2014
Pros: affordable clothing
Cons: consist of long hours when required
its fun depending on the people you work with but good company
fast fun and productive workplave
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Sydney, NSWJuly 23, 2014
Pros: staff discounts
Cons: long hours
On a typical day at work at Cotton On would be providing excellent customer service, keeping the store clean all throughout the day, working at the cash register and sorting out new stock that came in to the store.

I learned the importance of customer service.

The management was great and had good relationships with all managers.

The co- workers – more... were very much easy going and also a pleasure to work with.

The hardest part of the job was the busy and crazy hours during the Christmas period.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people who became friends and also getting staff discounts. – less
fun and friendly
Dispatch Coordinator(cotton on) (Former Employee), Lara, VICJuly 23, 2014
Pros: cheap lunch menu/friendly co-workers
Cons: hours weren't working for me at the time
great place to work friendly people never pushing you to hard
Fun and energetic work place
Retail manager (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJuly 22, 2014
Pros: discounts on any of the cotton on groups stock, friendly energetic staff
Cons: long hours of standing, no parking reimbursment or assitance
I learned a lot during my time working for Typo. My manager was a little bit forgetful or disorganized at times but the staff i worked with were awesome. They were a very friendly and energetic bunch. everything during retail hours was a laugh (work was done with a smile on our faces) we worked together even between the different branches to try and – more... obtain the best results possible. I learned to work on the P.O.S systems, was given sales training, and helped give training to some extent on the new staff. I fixed little things in stores and even as the store manager (or support manager in the beginning) took turns in doing the silly little things that make a big difference, such as displays and window washing. They have a very good training program for manager and assistant managers. they have a week of interesting hands-on theory and practical training done by a professional in the group whose sole job is to guide us. They even do a follow up and assist further down the line.
I learned to delegate and work as a team and gained a better understanding of the retail industry. Just about everything could be done by everyone in the team, with a couple of exceptions – less
fun work place with great co-workers
supervisor (Current Employee), San Diego,CaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: rude customers
a typical work day in retail, helping customers and keeping the store standardized, I learned a lot while working with Cotton On i was able to manage a store by myself and problem solve customer issues. The co-workers are great people, very easy to get along with. The most difficult part of this job keeping the store standardized when there is a big – more... sale. But for the most part the whole job is very enjoyable. – less
productive work enviroment with great clothes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 17, 2014
Pros: clothing discount
Cons: organization
A typical day at work would be going through shipment, answering questions regarding the clothing and its styling. What I learned from that position was patients, some customers can be indecisive of course. Management was not as good as I would have liked, it was kind of unorganized in a few areas. The hardest part of my job probably would have been – more... the commute, just getting to work was a bit of a hassle. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fashion, Cotton On has very trendy clothing. – less
Productive fun working place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), East London, ECJune 12, 2014
Cons: i enjoy working long hours if thats what it takes to get the work done
a Typical day at work is unpacking new stock making sure it is according to the VM.
I learn everyday that teamwork is very important in order for the shop to run smoothly.
i have a very friendly team i am work with.
Well i have not expierenced the hardest part yet because i am easy going an easy to get along with and i always try my best to make things – more... happen.
the most enjoyable part of my job is approaching a customer helping him/her and get a satsified smile from the customer when he/she got what they wanted. – less
Fun enjoyable place to work with friendly staff
Customer service (Former Employee), Christchurch NZJune 7, 2014
Pros: learning new things, meeting new people
Cons: long hours
A good day at work, learning new things and seeing the positive reaction on different customers everyday, feeling satisfied and happy with the product I have sold them. Its great having committed and friendly co-workers by your side daily. The most enjoyable part of the job would be serving the customers and making them happy.
Great place to work, very colourful
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Adelaide, SAJune 1, 2014
Pros: discounts on all cotton on products.
Cons: lots of standing
A typical day at work would evolve wearing a bow tie and suspenders and just over all enjoying the experience of dressing up and working. The customers loved our uniforms.

Typo has taught me how to connect with customers on a more personal level. As well as providing training on stock management and the use of different payment equipment.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Auckland, NMay 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free passes to rugby games
Cons: on call work only
It was fun but not much hours. Typical day if working in retail side is food handling and customer service
Good staff to work with.
Retail Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee), Woodlands, Causeway PointMay 6, 2014
Pros: get staff discount
Cons: long hours and shop is always in a mess no matter how you try to tidy it up.
Cotton On is a good and pleasant place to work at. With good people around. But will be very busy especially in the morning where all the stocks for the day will arrive. And usually the busy period and the shop will be in a mess is during sales period. We don't usually get to go back on time as we have to clean up the store before we head for home.
Great work atmosphere and team members
Store Manager-Eastland Shopping Centre, Ringwood (Former Employee), Ringwood, VICMay 6, 2014
Opening and closing the store.
Cash handling.
Staff training and meetings.
delegating tasks.
Very poor.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Tuggerah, NSWMay 1, 2014
Pros: staff discount.
Very poor and disorganised training, unsupportive, uncaring and blasé staff + unsupportive working environment + very few working hours. Happy to be away from that place.
A Company Taking the US by Storm
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 27, 2014
Cotton On is a great Australian retailer. It came to the US with great ideas, strategies, and awesome executive teams! The store teams are hard-working and sociable. The management team is great at what they do.
meh
Part-Time Retail Assistant (Former Employee), AucklandApril 24, 2014
Pros: 50% off discount across all the cotton on groups stores
Cons: had to take breaks as one whole, working a late night solo
it was okay, only enjoyed it during the christmas and busy periods because there would be more than person working other than that it was dreadful almost.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Toowoomba, QLDApril 22, 2014
Pros: new challanges
Cons: angry customers
everyone was always heerful and happy and you always had a good time working there
Fun workplace
Shop assistant (Current Employee), Durban, ZN- the pavilionApril 5, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: not permanent, sometimes work less hours
The management and co-workers are grate and fun to work with, I learned a lot from them, such as keeping the customers happy until they leave the store and working in all departments in the store enhanced my knowledge of each department. The thing I enjoy the most is assisting in visual merchandising since it's my first job that involved me in visual – more... merchandising. – less
THE BEST
Customer Service in retail (Former Employee), WoodlandsMarch 31, 2014
It was all about customer service and working in retail line. It was by far the most adrenaline and refreshing kind of job I ever had.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group is a retail powerhouse renowned for its winning combination of globally relevant fashion at affordable prices. – Read more

The Cotton On Group Photos