The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Good company to work out
Christmas Casual (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 December 2016
The aspect about cotton on is that it is incredibly flexible once you know the knowledge and the nook and crannys of the system. If you ever move, and need a job, you don't have to worry about relearning or being re-trained, you can simply apply or even be transferred to a CO group in your area.
That being said, the culture is very humble and friendly. I worked in Rubi and it was very sales-oriented, never the less it did help me advance my knowledge in retail.
However, the down side is that as a Christmas Casual, I didn't receive many shifts to begin with in the beginning (once a week) and it was just annoying as I only got three hours per shift.
Pros
50% discount, flexibility to work anywhere within the company, very contingent management
Cons
short hours for christmas casuals
Your typical retail job.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CA6 December 2016
This was my first job and though I've spent over 3 years with them, I saw no advancement aside from a 50 cent raise. If you're looking to move with a company and grow, this probably isn't your best bet. Otherwise, it's a great place to work for your first job, especially if you enjoy customer service. Taught me a lot about entry level customer service and allowed me to experience tasks that assistant managers and managers deal with in order to receive experience that way. Co-workers were a blast to be with and the environment overall was enjoyable to work in.
Pros
Great discounts for employees and great environment to work in.
Cons
No benefits, no way to move up.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 September 2016
Typo provides opportunities for career progress and creates a fun environment to work in. My only issues with Typo are the personal politics of management staff and a lack of communication between management and the casual staff.
Pros
Staff discount, friendly work environment.
I love my job!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VA4 October 2016
This is the first job I've had where all the employees get along and work together and I love it. If I had to change anything I would want to raise my pay rate to something a little more realistic for a young man who has bills to pay. Besides the low pay rate I love my job and I am very eager and always ready to work.
Pros
discount, coworkers, trendy clothes
Cons
low payrate
Productive and fun working environment with clothes
Handling any and all customer service issues (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJ24 November 2016
A typical day at would be opening and closing register procedures. Managing staff while doing paperwork. Running go backs and clean up the store as well as working shipment every single day. Replenish clothing and do floor sets. Also what I've learned is how to multi-task and be able to handle, a fast paced environment, and become a better manager. My opinion about my management is that I believe they can be ungrateful sometimes but I learn to have fun regardless. As for my co-workers they're great hard workers and I adore them. The hardest part of the job is in the morning times when I'm stuck alone from 9:30am-2pm and having to do everything at once. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the teamwork to get work done for district visits and floor sets.
Pros
we get out of work on time, shipment isn't so bad, teamwork
Cons
short breaks, feel unappreciated sometimes
fun easy place to work
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX19 December 2016
I enjoy this job however i need more than 30 hours a week and so i cant make it on this job alone but any retail job gives low hours. Management is good and takes care of employees.
Pros
nice long breaks, nice staff, friendly people
Cons
low benefits
fast paced, fun work environment
Christmas Casual (Current Employee) –  Auckland27 December 2016
I enjoy working here. I started as a Christmas Casual in early November, and now been asked to stay on for a shift or 2 each week permanently.

The team and environment of the company is great, I felt included and was trained well to gain experience with customers and customer service.

Typical day, I would make the store look tidy, talk to/greet customers, put out stock and handle the till.

I see management frequently as they visit the store, they are a little bit intimidating, but overall nice people.
Pros
great team and environment, 50% staff discount
Cons
short shifts for normal days (not christmas time)
Great coworkers, great brand, great customers
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL27 September 2016
A typical day at work is arduous, but the payback in customer involvement and appreciation is worth the hours. Management is well composed and orderly, but slightly micro-managed. I have learned that our workers and store are highly capable despite being overstocked and under-employed. My co-workers are great, able to keep things light and controlled. The hardest part of the job is keeping the store up to par, and the most enjoyable is helping a customer find what they need.
Pros
great co-workers and customers
Cons
not enough workers
Great Place
DC Brand Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Penjuru lane14 September 2016
Nice place and environment. planning, P&L, inventory, KPI and Manpower management. learn on Profit and Loss, overtime planning. Planning for the year and manpower distribution.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Busy, but fun and very learningful experience.
Christmas Contractor (Sales Assistant) (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape6 January 2017
Cotton On was a pleasant experience amd I learnt a lot on how to deal with people, negative and postive people. It was a retail job, so there was a lot of sales and marketing of the products and promotions involved. I had to have an inviting face at all times on the floor.

I learnt how to do visual merchandisimg and interacting with customers and store hygiene.
Pros
Flexible lunch hours
Cons
Long work hours standing
Good working place with not much benefits
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  wisma, great world city, city square8 September 2016
Not much benefits for staff. Just 50% staff discount and $200 gift card every 3 months. Management wise is average. learned a lot in the company. fun environment.
Sucks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Singapore changi airport1 January 2017
Working part time at cotton on in the past few months was the worst, on the first month i have worked for only less than 30 hours my pay was less that $200 a month considering the high work load expected from the supervisors wanting everything to be perfect even the smallest of things.

But still the staff dicount was kinda worth it and the co worker weren't all that bad so the life there would be tolarable.
Pros
co-workers, Staff disounts
Cons
management
Absolutely Horrible
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harbour Town QLD23 November 2016
I have never felt so uncomfortable and obviously disliked by management so far in my working life. I felt alienated, victimised and passively bullied.

This particular work experience has led to lasting effects with my ability to feel confident in a work place. I know from my fellow casuals that I am not alone in feeling this way.

Don't work here.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Everything else
Fun workplace, great benefits and opportunities
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion SA9 November 2016
Being a casual team member in a flagship store the typical day at work always varies depending on what department you're in. it's fast paced and always changing and the managers are always asking questions, creating surveys etc on how to further develop our workplace and make it a better place. Such a fun atmosphere with great benefits and a very generous discount and uniform deals.
Fun and easy going work enviornment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CA27 October 2016
A wonderful work enviornment. Friendly and professional management. Flexible hours fit for a college student. After a while of working at this company you feel part of the cotton on family. Cotton On take great pride in their Cotton on charity foundation. A 100% of the proceeds from their customers charity donations go to a village in Uganda.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Very little hours offered
A fun workplace to work with. And a good environment.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampines mall.24 December 2016
A very nice place to work at. With a good working cliques whi is willing to teach me new stuffs at work. Able to experience different things everyday. Able to improve on customer service and try to improve while working at cotton on.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Long hours due to short of manpower during that point of time.
great environment to work in
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spencer Street VIC15 April 2016
Great job environment, lots of opportunities to success and build a career. However is at times very stressful as higher management can be demanding and not appreciate of work that is done by staff members.
Pros
Family environment, rarely any personal issues with saff.
Cons
Long hours.
fun and vibrant
SALES REPRESENTATIVE christmas casual (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 June 2016
Working for Cotton on was a great experience for me, I got to meet different personalities which taught me how to adapt to all types of personality, it was really fun working with other young individuals like me I loved the discount I got at Cotton on for being an employee, over all it was not bad working there.
Pros
discounts good salary
Cons
long hours.
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CA2 January 2017
Fun, positive co-workers
Reliable management
Great costumers
Organized
Flexibility w/ hours
Learned how to properly set up marketing
Learned how to organize shipment
Little training time
Little experience required
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Shipment
Fun exciting environment for christmas casuals
Christmas Casual - Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carindale QLD14 December 2016
My time working at Cotton On Kids was very enjoyable and enriching. As a Christmas Casual employee I again was forced to learn quickly and thoroughly. In this role I had many responsibilities during the busiest time of year and I believe I succeeded in providing a positive customer service experience for every customer while finding gifts, planning outfits and building relationships with the customers. Working at Cotton On kids provided me with extensive knowledge and practice in the following skills/responsibilities:
• WAP (‘With any purchase’ items) targets
• Charity targets
• Multi-item targets
• Average dollar targets
• Upselling
• Outfitting
• Operating registers/EFTPOS including refunds and exchanges
• Boxing/unboxing stock