The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

I love my job!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VA4 October 2016
This is the first job I've had where all the employees get along and work together and I love it. If I had to change anything I would want to raise my pay rate to something a little more realistic for a young man who has bills to pay. Besides the low pay rate I love my job and I am very eager and always ready to work.
Pros
discount, coworkers, trendy clothes
Cons
low payrate
Fun workplace, great benefits and opportunities
Casual Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Marion SA9 November 2016
Being a casual team member in a flagship store the typical day at work always varies depending on what department you're in. it's fast paced and always changing and the managers are always asking questions, creating surveys etc on how to further develop our workplace and make it a better place. Such a fun atmosphere with great benefits and a very generous discount and uniform deals.
Good working place with not much benefits
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  wisma, great world city, city square8 September 2016
Not much benefits for staff. Just 50% staff discount and $200 gift card every 3 months. Management wise is average. learned a lot in the company. fun environment.
fun and vibrant
SALES REPRESENTATIVE christmas casual (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 June 2016
Working for Cotton on was a great experience for me, I got to meet different personalities which taught me how to adapt to all types of personality, it was really fun working with other young individuals like me I loved the discount I got at Cotton on for being an employee, over all it was not bad working there.
Pros
discounts good salary
Cons
long hours.
Brilliant place to work
Christmas Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA24 June 2016
Brilliant team - really friendly people. From the regional manager to fellow Christmas casuals, everyone was happy to work in the team. Great benefits including 50% discounts. Challenging daily budget tasks and charity sales goals. An easygoing yet challenging workplace. Overall brilliant place to work.
Pros
50% discount at Cotton on Group stores
Cons
Late night Thursdays
Productivity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South Africa22 October 2016
What I love most about my job is : creating outfits for my customers which in turn gives them confidence. And dealing with different people daily from different industry opens your mind .
Benefits
Cons
Discrimination
A fun job
Part Timer Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodlands26 July 2016
Working at cotton on is indeed a fun and non-stressful job but at the same time the salary is not really up to my expectations.
Fun place
RETAIL (Former Employee) –  Kulai5 April 2016
In my experince I was enjoy in this job because I learn how speak in another language like mostly in mandarin, english. I learn how to control when the customer does not statisfied with our service. But this both of my company does not give benefit to their staff like medical card, insurance and bonus while their staff working in a public holiday. Actually I'm as a retailer working base on the salary and Im does not working overtime without a salary.
productive, everyday is learning experience
Assitant Boutique Manager (Former Employee) –  Manila21 April 2016
working in a retail business is more fun and excitement. different kind of people. almost every day is a learning experience. its boost your confidence as a person or as individuals
Pros
with proper benifits
Cons
long hours of work
Fun environment and excellent benefits
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynn Mall, Auckland28 April 2016
Fun team to work with. Excellent staff benefits. Management could be better. Being in retail taught me how to be patient, especially in dealing with a range of customer queries.
Pros
excellent discounts
Cons
instability
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 September 2016
Typo provides opportunities for career progress and creates a fun environment to work in. My only issues with Typo are the personal politics of management staff and a lack of communication between management and the casual staff.
Pros
Staff discount, friendly work environment.
awesome people, awesome clothes
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC28 January 2016
Working at Cotton On has been bliss, even on a typical day when not much is taking place engaging with the customers is always enough to keep a smile on my face. i have learnt a lot of things like how important targets are for each individual Cotton On store, also learning how important customer service is and how beneficial going the extra mile is. the hardest part had to be packing the arriving stock, its really exhausting physically. my most enjoyable days have to be EVERYDAY :)
Pros
work benefits
interesting workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP9 January 2016
i have worked at the Cotton On for over a year and I can honestly say its a good place to begin your career. The benefits are good and the salary is reasonable provided you're willing to work hard. forget about weekends off though as you"ll be working most weekends.
Pros
the 50% dicount on full-price items, uniform deal
Cons
Long hours especially during the holiday season, expected to work six days a week
Great coworkers, great brand, great customers
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL27 September 2016
A typical day at work is arduous, but the payback in customer involvement and appreciation is worth the hours. Management is well composed and orderly, but slightly micro-managed. I have learned that our workers and store are highly capable despite being overstocked and under-employed. My co-workers are great, able to keep things light and controlled. The hardest part of the job is keeping the store up to par, and the most enjoyable is helping a customer find what they need.
Pros
great co-workers and customers
Cons
not enough workers
Great Place
DC Brand Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Penjuru lane14 September 2016
Nice place and environment. planning, P&L, inventory, KPI and Manpower management. learn on Profit and Loss, overtime planning. Planning for the year and manpower distribution.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Productive and Fun workplace that was always racing the bar for other stores.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CA27 September 2016
Working for Cotton On was a great experience that gave me the opportunity to use the skills I have acquired over the years in a brand new store. Since I was part of the opening of this location , I had an opportunity to learn first hand as to what it takes to open a business from a successful operation point of view .I was able to train and foster great relationships with my coworkers, many of whom have never worked in retail before, with the proper tools to do great in retail. I enjoyed coming to work everyday with set goals and expectations of from my how to exceed what was expected of us as a team .
Pros
Great opportunity to learn and grow .
Cons
Down season hours did not let put up all the discount shipment we received .
Unproductive workforce, Managerial issue
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CA19 January 2016
A typical workday for me entailed doing all my required responsibilities. However, the "team" I worked with seemed to be more like a clique in high school and would gossip and make matters hard for me because I was new. I would take on others shifts and take on their workload when asked and was still treated poorly.
Pros
Typical
Cons
No benefits, acceptance issues
Absolutely Horrible
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harbour Town QLD23 November 2016
I have never felt so uncomfortable and obviously disliked by management so far in my working life. I felt alienated, victimised and passively bullied.

This particular work experience has led to lasting effects with my ability to feel confident in a work place. I know from my fellow casuals that I am not alone in feeling this way.

Don't work here.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Everything else
great environment to work in
Casual Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spencer Street VIC15 April 2016
Great job environment, lots of opportunities to success and build a career. However is at times very stressful as higher management can be demanding and not appreciate of work that is done by staff members.
Pros
Family environment, rarely any personal issues with saff.
Cons
Long hours.
Fun and easy going work enviornment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CA27 October 2016
A wonderful work enviornment. Friendly and professional management. Flexible hours fit for a college student. After a while of working at this company you feel part of the cotton on family. Cotton On take great pride in their Cotton on charity foundation. A 100% of the proceeds from their customers charity donations go to a village in Uganda.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Very little hours offered