The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive work enviroment with great clothes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJune 17, 2014
Pros: clothing discount
Cons: organization
A typical day at work would be going through shipment, answering questions regarding the clothing and its styling. What I learned from that position was patients, some customers can be indecisive of course. Management was not as good as I would have liked, it was kind of unorganized in a few areas. The hardest part of my job probably would have been – more... the commute, just getting to work was a bit of a hassle. The most enjoyable part of my job was the fashion, Cotton On has very trendy clothing. – less
Productive fun working place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), East London, ECJune 12, 2014
Cons: i enjoy working long hours if thats what it takes to get the work done
a Typical day at work is unpacking new stock making sure it is according to the VM.
I learn everyday that teamwork is very important in order for the shop to run smoothly.
i have a very friendly team i am work with.
Well i have not expierenced the hardest part yet because i am easy going an easy to get along with and i always try my best to make things – more... happen.
the most enjoyable part of my job is approaching a customer helping him/her and get a satsified smile from the customer when he/she got what they wanted. – less
Fun enjoyable place to work with friendly staff
Customer service (Former Employee), Christchurch NZJune 7, 2014
Pros: learning new things, meeting new people
Cons: long hours
A good day at work, learning new things and seeing the positive reaction on different customers everyday, feeling satisfied and happy with the product I have sold them. Its great having committed and friendly co-workers by your side daily. The most enjoyable part of the job would be serving the customers and making them happy.
Great place to work, very colourful
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Adelaide, SAJune 1, 2014
Pros: discounts on all cotton on products.
Cons: lots of standing
A typical day at work would evolve wearing a bow tie and suspenders and just over all enjoying the experience of dressing up and working. The customers loved our uniforms.

Typo has taught me how to connect with customers on a more personal level. As well as providing training on stock management and the use of different payment equipment.
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Auckland, NMay 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free passes to rugby games
Cons: on call work only
It was fun but not much hours. Typical day if working in retail side is food handling and customer service
Good staff to work with.
Retail Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee), Woodlands, Causeway PointMay 6, 2014
Pros: get staff discount
Cons: long hours and shop is always in a mess no matter how you try to tidy it up.
Cotton On is a good and pleasant place to work at. With good people around. But will be very busy especially in the morning where all the stocks for the day will arrive. And usually the busy period and the shop will be in a mess is during sales period. We don't usually get to go back on time as we have to clean up the store before we head for home.
Great work atmosphere and team members
Store Manager-Eastland Shopping Centre, Ringwood (Former Employee), Ringwood, VICMay 6, 2014
Opening and closing the store.
Cash handling.
Staff training and meetings.
delegating tasks.
Very poor.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee), Tuggerah, NSWMay 1, 2014
Pros: staff discount.
Very poor and disorganised training, unsupportive, uncaring and blasé staff + unsupportive working environment + very few working hours. Happy to be away from that place.
A Company Taking the US by Storm
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 27, 2014
Cotton On is a great Australian retailer. It came to the US with great ideas, strategies, and awesome executive teams! The store teams are hard-working and sociable. The management team is great at what they do.
meh
Part-Time Retail Assistant (Former Employee), AucklandApril 24, 2014
Pros: 50% off discount across all the cotton on groups stores
Cons: had to take breaks as one whole, working a late night solo
it was okay, only enjoyed it during the christmas and busy periods because there would be more than person working other than that it was dreadful almost.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Toowoomba, QLDApril 22, 2014
Pros: new challanges
Cons: angry customers
everyone was always heerful and happy and you always had a good time working there
Fun workplace
Shop assistant (Current Employee), Durban, ZN- the pavilionApril 5, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: not permanent, sometimes work less hours
The management and co-workers are grate and fun to work with, I learned a lot from them, such as keeping the customers happy until they leave the store and working in all departments in the store enhanced my knowledge of each department. The thing I enjoy the most is assisting in visual merchandising since it's my first job that involved me in visual – more... merchandising. – less
THE BEST
Customer Service in retail (Former Employee), WoodlandsMarch 31, 2014
It was all about customer service and working in retail line. It was by far the most adrenaline and refreshing kind of job I ever had.
horrible
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee), La Mirada, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: terrible management
no work/life balance--I do not recommend working in corp yet. Maybe in a few years when they can break off from international involvement in amercia
Productive fun work place
Part time - casual (Former Employee), Lower Hutt, NMarch 25, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: on your feet all day, hard work, long hours, over time.
A typical day at Cotton on would be to do SOD (start of day) on the tills and fill out the daily planner for job tasks to do that day. Would then open the store and start serving customers. Through out the day we would do multiple boxes of stock, serve many customers, help customers out with clothing, sizing, accessorizing, cleaning the store then cashing – more... up end of day.
I learned amazing customer service, how to use the register, how to cash up end of day and start of day, banking, stock, stock transfers etc.
Management and co workers are so easy to get along with!
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers.
The hardest part of the job is keeping the store up to cotton on standard if the store was busy or we had a lot to do that day. Store cleanliness is the the main priority. – less
Lots of fun merchandise
Sales Associate, Customer Service (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: discount on clothing!
Cons: it was only seasonal
A typical day of work at cotton on was to put the clothes from the dressing room in the correct place, ring up customers, help customers find outfits and keep the overall store looking presentable. I learned how to do inventory and present shelves and display clothing. Management was friendly and helpful as well as all of my coworkers. The hardest part – more... of my job was finding where things went because they changed the store around every week. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people find what they were looking for. – less
Loved working for this company
Seasonal Sale's Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), CAFebruary 27, 2014
I really enjoyed working for this company i learned a lot about, i would love to work here again, also it was exciting fun place to work i did a lot of stocking and sales which i really enjoyed. Also meeting many different people and used my social skills here the best
the management style is not up to standard
Picking co - ordinator (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPFebruary 22, 2014
it was a good company where it was fun and they would provide us we transport and free meals when we working long hours 15 hours to exact now is not happening.

the growth in the company is not taking place.

over time is not paid.
Fun hip atmosphere. Down to earth co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Concord, CAFebruary 20, 2014
Recovering store. Greeting the customers. Always busy stocking the new products. Co workers were fun and very helpful. Management needed some better organizational skills. The hardest part of the job was standing for long hours. I enjoyed meeting and greeting all new patrons.
fun and exciting workplace
Part-time Sales Assistant (Current Employee), sydneyFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: 50% off clothing
Cons: not enough hours
lots to do, always busy. learnt lots. how to use a point of sale and how to visual merchandise. co workers are always friendly. loved it.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cotton On Group

The Cotton On Group is a retail powerhouse renowned for its winning combination of globally relevant fashion at affordable prices. – Read more

The Cotton On Group Photos