The Cotton On Group Employee Reviews

Great
Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morayfield QLD26 April 2017
Very great place to work, super nice and friendly staff always willing to give new employees a hand. Cotton on group gives early notice on shifts and shift changes whiles the manger is always in touch
fun workplace for young adults
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL23 April 2017
i learned that this company cares about the kids in Uganda. They supply products to help raise money for education, food, housing, and clothing to Uganda, East Africa.
Pros
50 % off clothings
Cons
less hours
Fun workplace and allows growth
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CA22 April 2017
working for Cotton On helped me achieve better communication skills with management and also the buyers. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you were able to be yourself
Easy work but cut backs make tasks hard to accomplish.
Assistant Manager of Presentation (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CA18 April 2017
I would not recommend this work place. The company strives to have a strong visual presentation but doesn't allow the time, or manpower to create a compelling presentation.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay cuts, small teams, not enough time to accomplish tasks
fun workplace
head sales (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape18 April 2017
Fun place to start your working life,responsibility is given to those that deserve... Know your rights and count your hours worked .take advantage of the benefits
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours given
new and exciting
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL17 April 2017
cotton on is a newer company to the states. it got it start in Australia. so they do things a little differently that takes some getting used to. once you do, its a fun place to work. the pay and benefits are wonderful. the staff is and the managers in the store are all fun to work with. did have some issues with upper management. basically what they say goes. not always right or even true. but other than upper management, it is a cool fun and exciting place to work for.
Fun and productive workplace
Manager In Training (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 April 2017
Great place to work for. Learned a lot sales wise. I enjoyed the stuff and the great work ethic, treated the staff extremely fair. Would definitely work in this company again!
Fun workplace
picker (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng17 April 2017
It is enjoble and I gain expierence,you are confortable of what your doing.Enjoying to be accompany with other employees management style it accomodate all employees
a lot to explore and expose
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunway Pyramid16 April 2017
moderate training provided. its a trial and error. for new comers without any experience, u may need more observation to work.

fun brand as its vibrant, young, fast and reach our customers with very affordable price offer.
good place to work
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 April 2017
Fun place to work. The enhancing experience at Cotton On taught me the real meaning of work with fun. I learned not only to handle the store but also the closing and opening procedure of the store.

Unfortunately, I had to leave as the travel time from Dandenong to South Wharf DFO was killing
Pros
lively environment
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA14 April 2017
If you love good quality clothes at a decent price, this is a place to go to. Clothes are trendy and comfortable at the same time. The store in valleyfair is clean and always organized.
Pros
Discount, time offs
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CA10 April 2017
I enjoyed working for cotton on. The environment and culture it brings when you walk in.As long as you do your job and stay on top you will be able to enjoy where you work. I just hate that you cant really grow from retail its much more competition but i guess that's a good way of trying harder.
Fun Work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Christchurch, Canterbury10 April 2017
Cotton On is a great company to work for, as everyone is so friendly and caring and i think that is the most important thing when working a team.

I gained so many skills over the years of working in the company and these skills have made me feel so much more confident as a person.
Pros
friendly people, free dinner at store meeting.
Cons
Long Hours and non reliable shifts
Educational experimental and enriching
2ic (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 April 2017
A brand that has cultural values that are inclined with ones self to have fun yet in a sense still being able to learn and grow and do exceptional well
Pros
Benefits of Medical aid and provident fund
Cons
Fun workplace with nice peopl
casual sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Fremantle WA7 April 2017
It's incredibly easy to make great friends, however management and duty of care towards staff can be extremely poor, with casuals opinions not asked for nor really respected.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Typical retail store
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL4 April 2017
The store manager was the best and co workers were nice. It was almost like you had a little family. The store flow fluctuated and sometimes hours had to be cut. Sometimes your shift would be cut and you would not know. Pay was really low after all the hard work that you put in. Cool clothes and cool company but I just wished that the store gave more hours and the pay was acceptable.
Pros
free food, friendly coworkers, chill dress code
Cons
short breaks, low pay, barely any hours
Very friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tea Tree Plaza SA2 April 2017
I have worked here for almost 6 months, I have received nothing but good reviews and have engaged in all activities and have tried to make the customers feel as welcomed as I possibly can. The people I work with are nothing but nice and fun people.
I have learnt how to open and close the store within 3 weeks and have my own key, it is a great environment and I would suggest the job to anyone who loves keeping busy and who are really good with people.
Pros
making friends, great people, making customers happy and getting compliments
Cons
Having really nasty customers yell at you
Amazing retail opportunity
Christmas Casual (Former Employee) –  Griffith Australia29 March 2017
Working at cotton on was a great retail experience I worked with a very fun outgoing team where everyone was extremely friendly and enthusiastic to be there. The pay was great and so were the discounts over all definitely recommend CottonOn to any body starting out in retail
A mind challenge
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD28 March 2017
While I had nothing against the job itself, was very easy and often a job that requires little training, unfortunately, communication, poor management and an overall toxic and clicky workplace made it less than desirable to work for.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
bad communication, management and toxic workplace.
Productive and Fun environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng28 March 2017
Long Hours
Great Benefits
Great Management
Overall good working environment
Great customers
Great clothing and shoes although expensive
Hardworking staff
Pros
Great Discounts
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cotton On Group. Our community is ready to answer.