The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia is the most respected and most often relied upon source of continuing professional education for British Columbia lawyers and their support staff. We believe that continuous learning and development of our employees is key to our success. We foster a culture of innovation by hiring great people and supporting them in developing their talents.
We have an immediate opening for a Publications Assistant in our Publications Department. Together with the Publications team, this position is responsible for word processing of CLEBC publications.
- making revisions indicated by authors, legal editors, or copy editor
- proofreading own work and finalizing books before sending for final proof
- preparing and proofing disk products
- applying XML tagging
- filing updates (for libraries 1 and 2), and for legal editors
- printing, photocopying and sending books via courier, as needed
- performing quality assurance to verify correct tags for pre-online
- preparing weekly and monthly case digests
- performing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, abilities and education:
- Strong team player; ability to work with a diverse group of people, and be willing to assist where needed
- A scrupulous approach to detailed work
- An ability to stay focused throughout an entire document, which may be long and technical
- The motivation and ability to work independently, and to meet deadlines
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask; strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; with a high level of skill in written English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of editors’ symbols an asset
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience as word processor or administrative assistant
- Ability to work overtime during the busy season.
This is a full time permanent position. CLEBC offers a competitive compensation package.
The Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia wishes to thank all applicants for their interest and advises that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.