The Compassion Network is currently seeking enthusiastic and compassionate individuals to join our Home Support team. Our Home Support team plays a vital role in helping clients live in a safe and comfortable environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Home Support Specialist (HSS) plays a vital role in establishing and maintaining a level of comfort and wellbeing for our clients living at home. The HSS provides essential support services for the client with warmth and professionalism in the home environment including, but not limited to:
- Housekeeping (vacuuming, dusting, bathroom and kitchen cleaning, changing linens, laundry)
- Home Organization (tidying up, rearranging light furniture, organizing items)
- Yard Maintenance (lawn mowing, trimming and pruning, weeding, snow removal, de-icing)
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Listening to, understanding, and responding appropriately to client requests and needs
- Meeting schedules on time and in a diligent manner
- Accomplishing tasks within designated times with efficiency and quality
- Ensuring the client is in a safe and comfortable environment at the end of the day
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Legal working status in Canada
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills and empathy towards others
- Self-starter with high attention to detail and thoroughness
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate multiple priorities
- Ability to work within define deadlines
- Ability to function within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to complete moderate physically demanding work for extended periods of time
- Housekeeping experience will be considered an asset
All new offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal Records Check. All employees must be bondable and insurable. Part time and full time opportunities are available to outstanding employees.
The Compassion Network provides dedicated home care and home support services to clients in Edmonton. We focus on improving the wellbeing and quality of life of our clients and not just maintaining it.
Please submit your covering letter and resume. Although we appreciate all applications, only those who qualify will be contacted for the next recruitment steps.
For more information and how to apply, please visit www.thecompassionnetwork.ca/jobs.html