The Compassion Network is currently seeking talented and enthusiastic health care aides to join our Home Care team.
Role and Responsibilities:
The Health Care Aide (HCA) is an integral part of our clients' daily lives. For the most part, you are the one person the client relies on the most to function effectively and comfortably on a day-to-day basis. Your goal is to not only provide the necessary physical and emotional support for the client, but also to relay insight and ideas to improve client well being to the health care professional in charge (e.g. RN).
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing duties diligently and compassionately within your scope of practice
- Assisting clients with activities of daily living, personal care, and other health care tasks as delegated by the health care professional in charge (e.g. RN, physician)
- Completing tasks with a high level of professionalism, expertise, and competency
- Ensuring clients are safe and comfortable
- Finding creative and effective solutions to improve client quality of life and well-being
- Following instructions and training from your supervisor
- Reporting and documenting necessary items appropriately and in a timely fashion
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Health Care Aide certificate (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- CPR/BCLS for health care provider required
- Excellent communication, organizational, and team skills
- High attention to detail and thoroughness
- Ability to provide compassion, empathy, and understanding to the client
- Ability to problem solve through critical thinking and self-education
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job including knowledge in appropriate ergonomics
- Ability to learn and receive training in areas you may have knowledge in but no prior experience
- Enthusiastic attitude and energy to provide excellent care and service on behalf of the company
- Minimum of one year experience in a clinical setting considered an asset
New graduates with superior academic standing are encouraged to apply. All new offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory Criminal Records Check. All employees must be bondable and insurable. Part time and full time opportunities are available to outstanding employees.
The Compassion Network is an upstart health services company providing dedicated home care and home support for clients in the Edmonton area. Our mission is to improve the wellbeing and quality of life of our clients and not just to maintain it.
Please submit your covering letter, resume, and transcripts. Although we appreciate all applications, only those who qualify will be contacted for the next recruitment steps.
For more information and how to apply, please visit www.thecompassionnetwork.ca/jobs.html