The Cochrane District Social Planning Council (CDSPC) is a regional planning body with representation from municipalities across the far northeast. The CDSPC promotes a supportive and inclusive environment that enables all residents of the Cochrane District to reach their full social potential. Toward this vision, the CDSPC is coordinating a variety of initiatives and requires a highly motivated and skilled individual to advance our goals. This one year paid (18$/hr) intern position is funded by a grant from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Regional Coordinator, the Project coordinator will assist with the following:
- Deliver CDSPC services - consultation, referral, non-profit capacity building, social enterprise consultation, etc.
- Develop business management processes and protocols; Information management systems for business enterprises; co-coordinate risk management assessments for business activities
- Work with community partners to develop/deliver social enterprise projects
- Draft a 5 year sustainable business plan
- Apply for relevant funding for project development
- Provide planning/project group support.
- Develop and implement Social media marketing plan.
Job requirements (Note: NO age restriction):
- Northern Ontario secondary school graduate
- Graduated within the last three years with a relevant degree or diploma from an accredited college or university
- Have not been previously employed under NOHFC Youth Internship funding agreement
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Excellent communication skills
- Public speaking, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and negotiating skills required
- Knowledgeable in computers and computer software
- Must have valid drivers licence and access to a vehicle
- Bilingualism preferred.
Please send resume and cover letter by August 31, 2014 to:
Rod Ryner, Regional Coordinator
Cochrane District Social Planning Council
For more information contact us at 705-363-6442.