The Coca-Cola Company
1,480 reviews

The Coca-Cola Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent place to grow with the company
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Montebello, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great place for growth
Cons: unfortunately there was a reduction in force and my job was affected.
When I started with Coca-Cola I was a service tech dispatcher. I was pleased to see that hard work and great work ethic was noticed. I was later asked to apply for the role of inventory clerk and worked with such an awesome staff.
Great team, excellent management team. Work life balance very 'imbalanced'
Account Development Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2014
Pros: excellent team, great district sales manager, good benefits, good holiday structure, excellent flexibility
Cons: work life balance, territories too large to support customers accurately, perks taken away with new structuring
A typical day (should have been 8:00-5:00, but was more 7:00-7:00)
Which saw you;
7am opening your emails (usually at least 15 - 20 first thing in the am)
8am quick conference call
8:15 - 9:30am route planning and other daily organization
9:30 or 10:00 on the road completing sales calls. This included all details listed in resume i.e.: selling in priorities, – more... monthly deals, merchandising, completing orders, cleaning coolers and displays if necessary to enhance sale of product, re merchandising, and pricing. Public liaison with your customer and putting out fires.
Always on call during the day, as well ensuring Customer Support Calls are being handled through out the regular duties.
4:00 sometimes later back to computer for follow ups and signing out of calls on BOSS System. Usually until 7:00 pm. Sometimes earlier sometimes even later

What I learned?
Multi Tasking skills, organizational skills and learning how to pace ones self through the day ensuring to eat and not become overwhelmed, especially during trade tour times.

I had 2 amazing District Sales Managers during my time with Coca-Cola. Both skilled in different ways, but extremely good at their roles and ensuring their teams were taken care of accurately and supported as best that they could given disorganized circumstances.
We went through 2 Area Sales Managers in my time. One was great the latter was lacking in personal skills and communication skills. It made the DSM position difficult, but they did a great job despite.

Co-workers
Could not have asked for a better bunch of people to share my time with. We all worked very well together, being a very diverse crowd we all had different things to offer, and worked very hard for each other. Extremely supportive and fun group. Outside Sales you don't see each other that often so it was a testament to see how close we all were.

Hardest part of the job?
How disorganized it was. The team and our DSM's worked very hard to make our customers happy, however there was not enough time in a day with the amount of staff we had to provide customers with the proper care and follow up they each deserved. As a result, days did not run smoothly and despite efforts I never left a day feeling at peace with my accomplishments, even though at best I was the top achiever and my territory ranked best bonus structure more often than not.
There was quite a revolving door in my three years in the company and the sales teams. As a result I took on many territories at once as well as coached and trained the new staff and the special projects. Add constant Trade Tours, this job all of a sudden robbed me of any work life balance and ultimately led to my desire to leave.
The team became fragmented due to exhaustion.
Throughout, I will maintain that my DSM's were great as they did the best they could under disorganized circumstances. All have since left as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job?
Selling, the customers, the people. The diverse group of customers from territory to territory. The accomplishments and pride in selling in and merchandising a good looking sale. Making customers feel good, laugh and communicating with different personalities everyday.

Our team was great and there were a lot of perks. We were worked very hard, but they were always flexible when you needed something. There was never any guilt when you wanted time off and they urged you to take your holidays. The DSM team was great at acknowledging your accomplishments and rewarding your successes. As they burned out it became less, but they always had an open door and were very supportive. – less
Good stepping stone once post secondary completed
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 6, 2014
Pros: passion of employees
Cons: too much red tape
Upsell display activity in all accounts with sales team to meet volume targets.
Lots of coaching with team and trade visits by senior management.
great place to work
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APMarch 3, 2014
It was fun working at coke . Job culture has to be improved . Salary/benefits are not upto the mark .
Fun working environment
Class 1 Driver (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2014
I enjoy my employment here, but I'm looking to upgrade my skills.
coca cola
Bilingual Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 16, 2013
a great environment to work with great people
taking orders from customer,
very
productive and good working condition
TRUCK DRIVER AND MERCHANDISER (Current Employee), Dawson creek and EdmontonNovember 23, 2013
Pros: bonus for safety month
Cons: long hours
A day busy all the working hours
I have learned customer relation
Good management
Co workers were good depends on your behaviour
Big trailer Parking in the city.
Meeting different types of people everyday
Productive, fun place to work at
HR Business Associate - Administration (Current Employee), Head Office, Lahore, PakistanNovember 10, 2013
Work life balance
Appraisals
Management is great
Challenging and
Red specialist (Former Employee), Ormoc City, PhilippinesOctober 28, 2013
Pros: free uniforms
Cons: no specific time out
In my previous job as Red Specialist, I was able to interact with customers through selling the products of the company and develop the outlets in the market. I convinced customers to purchase our products. I introduce to them the new launched products in the market. To penetrate with the customers, I always talk to them and ask which of the products – more... has highest selling and mostly like by the customers. In this job, patience is very important. I always cooperate with my manager as well as with my co- workers. – less
Safe Workplace
Occupational Health Nurse (Former Employee), Davao City, P11September 24, 2013
As Occupational Health Nurse (OHN), majority of the tasks lie on outlining Health and Safety Programs which I had learned much especially that the Management is supportive at it. I have a smooth relationship with my co-worker, wherein trust was strongly established. The hardest part of the job prop up only when there is upgrading of service quality – more... or ISO/EOSH accreditation wherein lots of paper works is expected. But the good thing is everybody worked as a team.

As a Staff Nurse, sort of fulfillment at the end of the day is what I often felt. Since serving the sick and attending to their basic needs gives me satisfaction. Medical team is supportive and cooperative. – less
Your making someones day when you show up with their favorite beverages
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: being able to look back when your walking out the door ans be able to see a job well done
Cons: couldn't get the time i wanted off when i wanted it off to see family, even with 12 years with the company
-Paperwork, inspect truck and secure load. Drive from delivery to delivery taking product from the truck into the customer to be counted and varified. Put product away and collect monies. drive back to home base, check load, inspect truck, count monies and do paperwork.
-how to be a team player, a lot of critical thinking required, how to deal with – more... a diverse range of customers from different cultures and backgrounds
-I think management has the most stressful job and when heads roll it's usually them that feel it most
-I believe I had the pleasure of working among some of the best drivers Edmonton has to offer
-Customers who are mad at sales/bad orders/wrong orders, although none of these things have to do with the drivers we are the face for the company they see and tend to take it out on the first coca-cola uniform they see
-Making people smile – less
Flat, no fizzle
Temporary Order Picker (Former Employee), 2750 Boul. L'Assomption, Montreal, QCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: honesty: they tell you that your hours get cut off in the fall
Cons: well, everything.
I interviewed twice with this company in the space of one year - once for a production position in Richmond, BC, and another (for which I was hired) as a seasonal order picker at the distribution center in Montreal, QC. The hiring was done via a phone interview with the head office in Toronto, ON, and an in-person meeting with one of the warehouse supervisors. – more... I had done the same process for the job in Richmond, only without being retained. What stood out at that particular engagement was the way the hiring manager referred to his habit of "booting out" temporary workers that, for one reason or another, didn't meet his requirements (namely obtaining a "boiler ticket" - the reason for which was never clearly elaborated upon); and that they met with many candidates for my positions, and so I shouldn't get my hopes up. He also made me wait for 20 minutes past the appointment time in the lobby. Generally very unprofessional and corporate in diction/demeanor.

Basically, there's no realistic way to be hired permanently by this company if you're taken on as a temp (or seasonal) worker. I inquired and was told the waiting list for a permanent position goes back to 2006. Apparently it now takes one of the "old-timers" (read: guys who've been driving forklifts for 37+ years because they're not competent to do anything else) retiring before a position's available. At that point, it's given for night shift (the one no one generally wants), then evening, then day (both of the latter having their own respective waiting lists).

I found the two on-duty supervisors aloof and disinterested in warehouse operations other than to chide the material handlers for not moving fast enough. The order pickers themselves were given to slacking off and smoking cigarettes behind the pallet racks, and constantly complained of what they were being asked to do. I also found the jokes between the supervisors and workers (usually directed one-way with sarcastic overtones regarding performance) to be entirely inappropriate for such a large company. The sanitary conditions of the lunch room and toilets was also wholly sub-par.

Suffice it to say that my training (which took place during the day) lasted a few days, after which I notified the supervisors that I was leaving. It's worth mentioning that temporary workers are paid half of what the permanent workers make (therefore not a lot) and that you'll get put on night shift (occasionally evening rotations) if you choose to stay. They also informed me that the bulk of the work would be during the summer, after which the work would essentially dry up for us and only long-term temporary & permanent workers would be able to make 40 hours a week.

PS. For all the references to the benefits of having a limitless supply of soda in the cafeteria, I found the Coke flat and the other beverages less-than-flavorful compared to what's sold in stores. – less
Service to the client
CSR (Former Employee), BramptonJune 9, 2013
I was not comfortable spending all of my work hours apolagizing for late deliveries or constant customer complaints, not happy with the way coca cola handles it's clients.

Drinkwater – July 5, 2013

They don't handle their clients or their employees. Period. You're better off to be out.

Cool company to work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2013
Pros: free coke
Cons: too much drugs.. people high on cocaine
Management is very strict and not very friendly. They don't really help with employee needs/ problems instead tell you to deal with it.
Fast moving and very progressive work environment.
Sales manager (Cherkasy, HORECA) (Current Employee), CherkassyMay 5, 2013
Pros: free medical; work vehicle; good management
Cons: long hours; extremely high sale plans
Early at work. Almost 6 hours driving in company vehicle around the city. Constant phone conversations.
This company has taught me to plan my day thoroughly to eliminate unnecessary pauses and set priorities what to do first.
Good team of co-workers, always eager to help and ready to share knowledge.
That hardest thing is to set the so needed balance – more... between WORK and HOME, since work seems to take 2/3rds of the day..
The most enjoyable part of the job is that I always get to meet new people, communicate with them, persuade them, sign contracts. I adore life communications and, they say, I am a good negotiator. – less
Not as good as it's name
Salary (Current Employee), BramptonApril 12, 2013
Pros: hmmmmmm, oh yes none!
Cons: the lack of good leadership and values
You would think working for Coke would be great! But it is terrible in Brampton, by far the worst I have ever worked for......

No leadership is right.

Time Flies
Dispatcher/Distribution Route Specialist (Current Employee), Brampton OntarioApril 8, 2013
Pros: free pop
Cons: long hours
A typical day is a typical night for me. I dispatch nights . My day is very full and I pretty much work straight thru, no time for lunch or breaks. I absolutely love what I do . The most enjoyable part of my day is working with the other distribution centers. The guys I work with always put a smile on my face.
The hardest part I guess is working long – more... hours.
I have great co workers and we are a good team and that is very important in my job.

I have learned so much in this position, It has increased my computer skills and has taught me to work under extreme pressure. – less

Really?

Don't leave your current job!
Manager (Current Employee), BramptonApril 5, 2013
Pros: nice hourly staff
Cons: terrible leadership!
By far the most un-organized place I have seen! The senior leadership is out of touch with what is going on and the poor hourly people take the brunt of it, I now understand why they need a Union. In my opinion if you currently have a job the grass is not greener here, expect long hours, verbal abuse and very little recognition for your efforts. I have – more... seen very high turnover in the salary work force and the Corporation does nothing about it, even the HR team does not react to all the mis-treated people and their issues. Honestly I would not recommend this as a place to work unless you are desperate for work. The big red machine is turning many people Blue. – less

Drinkwater – July 5, 2013

Poor morale amongst both management and union staff alike. And if you're looking to get a job here now, and if you are lucky enough to get on full time, count on getting poorer benefits and pensions. They are looking to take back everything that they have given.

GREAT CO WORKERS NOT SO GOOD COMPANY
Distribution Route Specialist / Vending Analyst (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 2, 2013
Pros: free coke from machine only
Cons: long hours
It all depends on what department your in and your management. but not a lot of room for advancement. They are very sales driven so watch out if your not the pushy sales type.
productive and organized workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2012
receive orders and build them on a pallet using a power jack to be put on trucks to deliver to stores

1 2 3 4 5

About The Coca-Cola Company

The Coca-Cola Company is a manufacturer, distributor and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups in the world. – Read more

The Coca-Cola Company Photos