The Grand River District is looking for a Financial Advisor in Cambridge, Ontario.
Cambridge is a cosmopolitan with a population of approximately 124,000. This city is surrounded by the arts, diverse cultures, distinctive architecture, and is minutes from major metropolitan cities. Cambridge is a great place to live, work and play. It's located in the rich, industrial heartland of Southern Ontario and is the gateway to Canada's Technology Triangle. It is made up of a young population base of business professionals and industrial workers and offers a unique opportunity to build a thriving business you can take pride in.
Exclusive Financial Advisors of The Co-operators are entrepreneurial minded leaders who enjoy a rewarding career with excellent earning potential. As a high achieving business builder you will manage your own insurance agency. You will have strong visible ties to the community and a sincere desire to cultivate long term relationships with our clients. Through use of The Co-operators exclusive Future Success Planning service, you will help Canadians define and meet their financial security needs.
As a Financial Advisor, you will be responsible for developing agency business plans that are in line with corporate strategy and meet sales and market share goals in the areas of life, wealth and general insurance products. You will be responsible for recruitment, training and development of agency staff. Front line risk selection and ensuring compliance with industry and corporate standards are keys to success. You will work with underwriting and claims departments and provide input on product viability, design and marketing programs.
- A life insurance license and a general Insurance license is required. A mutual funds license is an asset.
- A Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation or a Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU) designation or working towards attaining them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skill and interpersonal abilities.
- Sound organizational skill.
- A strong leadership presence.
- An opportunity to work with one of the 50 Best employers in Canada.
- Become a professional in your community, working for clients who know and trust you.
- Innovation, guidance and respect. These are the benefits of being supported by a company committed to your success.
- A generous compensation package including a competitive compensation and benefits program.
- Opportunity to work for a company that is dedicated to giving back to your community through volunteerism and an emphasis on environmental and sustainable business practices.
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program.
- Choice, Recognition, Growth.
About The Co-operators:
The Co-operators Group Limited is a Canadian-owned co-operative. Through its group of companies it offers home, auto, life, group, travel, commercial and farm insurance, as well as investment products. The Co-operators is well known for its community involvement and its commitment to sustainability. The Co-operators is ranked #3 among the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada by Corporate Knights, and listed among the 50 Best Employers in Canada. As a proud member and supporter of the co-operative sector, The Co-operators is pleased to celebrate 2012: The International Year of Co-operatives. For more information visit www.cooperators.ca.
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please submit your resume by April 12, 2013.