The Cleaning Authority

The Cleaning Authority Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A positive atmosphere
PROFESSIONAL HOUSE CLEANER (Former Employee), Aurora, ONMarch 20, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: very tiring physical work
Show up at the shop at 8am. Load the products into a vehicle and set off to our houses we had for the day working in teams of two. Making sure to develop positive trusting relationships with the clients so they would feel comfortable with us in their home. Best part of my job was meeting new people and learning about their lives.
Hard work
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Burlington, ONFebruary 6, 2013
Working as a house cleaning is very hard labouring work. I feel the overall work envorinment is different each day depending on which houses you clean and who you are working with. It is not ideal working different hours each day and not knowing when your day will end. The management has great intentions for being helpful when in need by bringing supplies – more... and covering for sick coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the results of your work in each house. – less
not overall pleased
Cleaning Aide (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 17, 2012
Pros: weekends off
Cons: management, coworkers, unrealiable shifts and pay
there was no typical day
didnt learn anything
managment wasnt the greatest
kept to self as coworkers were rude and back stabbing to eachother
hardest part - never knew when shift ended and only got paid for half the day
not enjoyable
Overall okay place to work, not a career
Team Leader (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: breaks in between houses
Cons: had to use your own car, different partner daily
Every day is different which means you have no idea what your assignments are for that day and who you will be with. Learned good customer service skills as a Team Leader. Pay was okay. Loved most of the coworkers.
Certified house cleaner (Former Employee), Cary, ILOctober 22, 2014
Pros: mon-fri holidays off
Cons: management
This is a job to take on if you are in need of one. It is also a job to continue to KEEP looking for another job. the manager is a piece of work. They will dock your pay a dollar all week if you are late by twenty min one day, request off for any reason, do a half day, or a sick day. They also will REFUSE to pay you your check on friday if you did not – more... work a FULL day. this is legal for them because you sign off on it in orientation. – less
Housekeeping Specialist (Current Employee), MIOctober 16, 2014
Quality and time management is the #1 focus. Great customer service is the key with this job. Tips are always a bonus as well as a great incentive to make sure that both you and your customers are satisfied with a job well done.
Fast paced workplace
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Westlake, OHOctober 13, 2014
Pros: decent pay, paid mileage, paid travel time
Cons: only break was in between houses, only paid hourly rate for "in house" time
We worked in a team of 2-3 people to clean as many houses per day as possible, hoping to average getting a house done in less than an hour and a half. It was important to clean the house right the first time or we would be sent back by the assistant manager who would inspect it to re-do it which would throw the whole daily schedule off.
You put a room full of women in one place and you know what's going to happen...DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA
Cleaner (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: get paid every friday
Cons: no insurance, never knowing what time you will get off, pay, cleaning houses with no ac
I would rather not write a review because I don't like talking ugly about others.
Messy Women
House Cleaning Technician (Former Employee), DuluthSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: get off early
Cons: no breaks, you have to drive your own car.
Cleaning dirty houses with a partner. I learned that old workers always had the say so about everything. management sucked because they we're always messy telling the next persons business. my workers been there for 10 plus years the hardest part of this job was cleaning the house with their animals out of a cage.
good place for college student
House cleaner, Eastside area (Former Employee), North BendSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: learn how to provide face to face customer service
Cons: not enough hours
This job is great for college students or anyone who wants to earn extra money. However, if you have a hard time staying active for hours on end might not be a good fit. Teaches you to be efficient and also provide good face to face customer service.
Not a bad job
House Cleaner (Current Employee), Cave Creek, AZSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: donuts every friday
Cons: a lot of driving
Monday-Friday 7:45-typically 2-6.
Cleaning houses averaging about 4 a day and getting up to 6 at a time.
Compensation is not horrible, it is better then some of the other cleaning companies. Mileage is reimbursed as well.
Employees come and go, it's definitely not a career.
Productive workplace with benefits
Certified Professional House Cleaner (Current Employee), Frederick, MDSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: health ins, 401, dental, secure job
Cons: short breaks, hard work
A typical day at work includes cleaning four houses a day with a partner. The office might add an additional house to your day depending on how early you finish your day and how far behind another team gets finishing their day. I have learned that you have to take the good with the bad at any job if you want to continue to receive a pay check. Management – more... does things their way whether or not it makes sense, and you have to go along with it. The co-workers are friendly and almost everyone gets along with one another. With over thirty women working together you are bound to have rumors and little disagreements. The hardest part of the job is working with someone who cannot hold up on their end of the work and you have time goals to get out of each house in a certain amount of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the customers and realizing how much they appreciate what you are doing for them. – less
friendly coworkers
Team Leader (Former Employee), Frederick, MDSeptember 1, 2014
I enjoyed the people I worked with but the management had a problem understanding that people have children and other obligations that sometimes had to be addressed.
The Cleaning Authority
Professional House Cleaner (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCAugust 20, 2014
Pros: paid weekley
Cons: read review
To start off this is a job that hires new people every week to replace the old ones that she gets tired of and throws to the side if she doesn't like you, so that should explain what type of work environment this is. I was an employee there for only about a month and a half was there everyday on time, never called out, always listened to them bad criticize – more... their employees if they messed up one time on something.And you could be on your death bed and the manager does not care unless you are her little pet! I was very sick inside one of one of the houses that we were working in i told my partner that i did not feel good and that I was going to step outside to get some air,well because she was one of the pets she called the boss and told her i was outside eating and on the phone, which i was not! I tried explaining to the manager the next day when she did not put me on the schedule to work and then FIRED me with basically no reason but besides the fact that i went outside the day before when i was feeling sick. To add on you have to clean peoples disgusting bathroom floors and toilets bowls and nasty showers that have BLACK MOLD in them, i would never work for this company again if it was the LAST place to work at in the universe! Oh and expect to get terrirized by the QUALITY INSPECTOR who will come in and be VERY RUDE and treat you as if you are her dog or something. I dont know if ALL of the Cleaning Authoritys are this way but Salisbury, North Carolina One is!!!! – less
Productive and fun people to work with. Great exercise.
Housekeeper Team Leader and Trainer (Former Employee), Clementon, NJAugust 7, 2014
Pros: everyday change of seanery
Cons: cant think of any
I learned how to really detail clean a house so perfectly that clients were amazed, The management was great to work for great to talk to, co-workers did a great job, was funny and just great to be around all together. The hardest part of my job was having to leave it.
Consistent
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Milford, OHAugust 6, 2014
The cleaning authority was a decent hard working place to work. I really enjoyed my time working there.
regret ever applying here and taking the job
crew member (Former Employee), schaumburg, ilJuly 14, 2014
No breaks, mangement is rude and pushy, use personal car. Only nice thing is that there was no work on weekends or holidays. Thats it. They cut paychecks when unnessarry. Lie about mileage. This job is a joke! Highly do not reccomend.
Needs lots of work
Trainer/Team Leader (Current Employee), Ballwin, MOJuly 1, 2014
Pros: there are none
Cons: no benefits, high turn over
Its very mismanaged;poor appreciation of workers.
Very unaccommodating if you have a life outside of work, i.e. kids,husbands/wives,school,court,any type of emergencies.
House Cleaner
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Collierville TNJune 25, 2014
I was a house cleaner for The Cleaning Authority. Normally, I arrived at 7:30 and worked till 3. It was a great job for a college student, mainly because of the hours and the pay. Also, it really wasn't that tough of a job.
ok
House Cleaner (Former Employee), Newport News, VAMay 23, 2014
the job was ok. didn't really like the hours but the pay was great

1 2 3 4 5

About The Cleaning Authority

Building Big Businesses A leading franchisor in the growing $46 billion cleaning services industry, The Cleaning Authority is – Read more