The Classic Group of Companies, located in Markham, Ontario, is a rapidly growing Canadian company, providing our clients with a “one stop solution” for all our food service needs by specializing in excellence in service and menu offerings. Simply put - we are proud to feed over 10,000 people every day in Ontario!
We are looking for a passionate Kitchen Manager/Chef who has demonstrated strong leadership skills, while demonstrating a high level of standard when it comes to creating quality food!
Reporting to the President, the Kitchen Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the Operation and Production team, which consist of Quality Assurance, Product Development and the Culinary Staff.
- Lead and manage a team through the day-to-day operations within a high volume kitchen, developing and enhancing the skill set of the team.
- Supporting and working with the Product Development Team to create and enhance food options that will meet the needs of Classic’s customers.
- Leading the Quality Assurance team, ensuring HACCP standards are being met.
- Responsible for the Culinary Team, implementing processes and procedures to ensure dishes/sandwiches are created in a consistent manner; while maintaining a clean and sanitized kitchen.
- Responsible for food, labour and kitchen supply costs, negotiating with vendors to obtain adequate prices; researching other vendor options when needed.
- Work with team members to plan and implement time lines that meet internal and external obligations, while ensuring to meet the highest possible standards.
- Setting operational goals and plans to achieve or exceed the division’s budgets, directing the Operational and Production team and utilizing the kitchen operations to attain those goals.
- Responsible for inventory, food quality, scheduling and shrink control.
- In partnership with other division leaders, working as a team to develop innovative ways to grow the company’s brand and quality food and service.
As a successful candidate, you will have...
- A post-secondary education, specializing in hospitality.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience working within a high volume kitchen coupled with 3 years of leadership experience.
- Knowledge of HACCP and BRC food safety programs, plus AIB standards is considered an asset.
- Strong leadership skills, with a “hands-on attitude” to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- An individual who is passionate about food, who has the proven ability to share that passionate with their team to deliver top quality food and service.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships with their team, follow colleagues, customers/clients and vendors.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Assistant Corporate Chef/Trainer
Firkin Group of Pubs
- 13 days ago
Woodbine Entertainment Group
Woodbine Entertainment Group
- 30+ days ago