The Classic Group of Companies, located in Markham, Ontario, is a rapidly growing Canadian company, providing our clients with a “one stop solution” for all our food service needs by specializing in excellence in service and menu offerings. Simply put - we are proud to feed over 10,000 people every day in Ontario!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Event Planner who can think “outside the box” while demonstrating exceptional planning and organizational skills!
Reporting to the President, the Event Planner will be responsible for all aspects of the event planning cycle from initiating the proposal to implementing the plan on the day of the event.
- Research, develop and maintain a pipeline of prospective clients, establishing professional relationships with key decision-makers.
- Contact new prospective clients with an effort to secure a face-to-face meeting to promote the Company’s brands (cold calling).
- Maintain relationships with existing clients to continuously meet their needs.
- Draft and present proposals and contracts to clients addressing their needs.
- Coordinate, monitor and assist in the implementation of all marketing programs; developing and executing marketing campaigns and advertising in various channels.
- Coordinate events, from start to finish, ensuring a memorable experience for the guests and clients.
- Attends large events to ensure their success by liaises with venue personnel, vendors and suppliers to resolve issues that arise.
- Partner and work with staff, participants, venue, vendors, and suppliers before and after the event.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns and advertising in various channels including social media strategies.
As a successful candidate, you will have...
- A post-secondary education with a minimum of 5 years of event planning experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal).
- Proven ability to build effective business relationships with clients to understand and manage their needs.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, in a fast pace environment.
- A proven team player, who believes all team members contribute to the success of an event.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.).
Indeed - 10 months ago