*The City of Calgary Career Opportunity
Reference # 204030
Closing Date: 16-MAY-2014
Apply online ONLY at www.calgary.ca/careers*
Please note that applications sent through the Indeed email address will not be viewed
Basic Job Information
Posting Title: Planning Services Technician
Business Unit/Section: Development & Building Approvals/Applications and Inquiries
Location: 800 Macleod Trail S.E.
Union/Position: CUPE Local 38/Temporary (up to 18 months)
Compensation: Pay Grade 9
$31.34 - 34.48 - 36.21 - 38.01 - 39.94 - 41.92 per hour (2013 rates)
Hours of Work: This work area has implemented a 4 day/5 day work schedule with hours of work being 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM daily. This position works a non-standard 35 hour work week.
Business Unit Information
Development & Building Approvals (DBA) approves land development, health and safety inspections, and business licensing, to ensure businesses are safe for employees and their customers.
A career as a Planning Service Technician translates to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, while still offering work/life balance. We value career development and growth and offer the opportunity to learn a new side of the development process. Planning Service Technicians play an important role in processing development, business license, subdivision and building permit applications as Calgary continues to grow. Whether fielding telephone inquiries or assisting customers' in-person, you'll be working with customers' and internal clients to evaluate and interpret their needs and advise them on how to proceed with their applications.
The successful applicant must possess one of the following combinations of education and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) plus five years of related work experience including two years of customer service with direct public contact and three years direct involvement in the construction industry dealing with blueprint reading and spatial interpretation, interpreting development related legislation of Building Codes and Land Use Bylaws and the completion of a recognized blueprint reading certificate course; OR
- A completed related two year technical diploma in Planning, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Geomantic or Engineering Design and Drafting from a recognized school or institute and one year of customer service with direct public contact experience.
Success in this position also requires the following skills:
INTERPERSONAL: Customer-focused and well developed communication skills; ability to work under pressure, demonstrate initiative, build positive relationships and strong partnerships with team members and customers (internal and external).
TECHNICAL: The ability to understand and work with detailed blueprints; entry level keyboarding skills, an intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint). Working knowledge of land use bylaw and/or business licensing would be an asset.
BUSINESS: Able to demonstrate a high standard of professionalism, accuracy, and attention to detail while managing a heavy workload and shifting priorities; able to problem solve and make decisions while being flexible.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.
- More than one position may be filled from this competition.
- Applicants will be tested for appropriate skills.
*Apply online at www.calgary.ca/careers
(Under "Job Opportunities - Administrative / Business Serv")*