Regular Full-time position
Saskatchewan Chapter Office
Established in 1984, The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada is a Canadian not-for-profit organization with our National Office in Pickering, Ontario and 12 chapter offices across Canada from coast-to-coast. Our Foundation is dedicated to working within the community to fulfill heartfelt wishes for children diagnosed with life threatening illnesses. We have developed the capacity to deliver nearly 1,000 wishes annually – granting nearly three wishes everyday – each being an individual adventure, carefully structured to meet the needs of that particular child. To date, we have worked with more than 21,000 families across the country.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, results oriented, self-directed individual to fill the role of Development Coordinator in the Saskatchewan Chapter. Reporting to the Director, and working from the Saskatoon office, you will be responsible for increasing revenue and awareness through 1st party events in Saskatoon and the surrounding area. While the position requires collaboration with staff and volunteers, a successful Development Coordinator must be capable of independent activity and work with limited supervision. Your previous experiences position you well to facilitate growth and development within The Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada, thereby ensuring that our wish granting legacy lives on. The demands of the job are great, but the rewards are even greater.
If you are interested in being a part of a growing organization that has a profound impact on the community, the position of Fundraising Coordinator may be right for you.
- Plan and manage first party events including Wishmaker Walk for Wishes, Exile Island and other opportunities as they may develop.
- Support organization and execution of community events run by third parties.
- Assist with public and media relations; manage subchapter specific promotions and support national campaigns.
- Generate new business in a variety of revenue streams.
- Activate & engage existing donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with existing prospects and stakeholders.
- Leverage chapter staff, local Advisory Board members and other volunteers to grow our presence in the community.
- Create and deliver reports; create and conduct presentations.
- Create and/or maintain accurate records.
- Perform administrative tasks as required.
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Post secondary education and/or related experience.
- Event management experience.
- Fundraising experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven networking skills.
- Creative and entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking abilities; capable of meeting deadlines and working under pressure.
- Professional and diplomatic.
- Self starter.
- Computer competencies: MS applications; experience with Raisers Edge is an asset.
Note: This position often requires the individual to work outside normal office hours including weekends and evenings to support event activities. You must have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for occasional travel.
If you are interested in being part of this growing organization that has a profound impact on the community, the position of Development Coordinator may be right for you. Please submit your resume in confidence, WITH SALARY EXPECTATIONS, no later than Friday, May 16, 2014. Please ensure your subject line reads “Development Coordinator”. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Join our team and help deliver valuable services to the community. Imagine the difference that a wish can make. We have never refused an eligible child their wish and with your support we’ll never have to.