The Children's Wish Foundation of Canada is dedicated to working within the community to fulfill heartfelt wishes for children diagnosed with life threatening illness. Celebrating over 29 years, we have granted 19,000 wishes from coast to coast, more than all other Canadian wish granting agencies combined. If you are interested in being part of a growing organization that has a profound impact on the community, the position of Development Coordinator, for our Saskatoon Office may be right for you.
As part of the Chapter Development Team (based in Saskatoon), the Development Coordinator (Saskatoon) solicits and secures support from companies, employee groups, associations, service clubs and individuals to meet annual revenue goals.
• Working with the Director to prospect, cultivate, solicit and secure new fund development opportunities with a focus on engaging support from the corporate sector at a community and Provincial level
• Cultivate and steward relationships with existing donors, sponsors and community event organizers
• Working with existing and identifying new volunteers to increase and develop sub-chapters in the Saskatoon Area
• Collaborate with the Wish Granting Coordinator on the planning and execution of partnership and community events
• Monitor external markets to identify new partnership opportunities and engage in new business development
• Develop, prepare and present proposals and negotiate mutually beneficial partnerships
• Represent Children’s Wish at various meetings and fundraising events when required acting as a spokesperson for Children’s Wish, participating as a guest or developing and delivering presentations.
• Applies event management principles and processes to manage the full cycle of events at the chapter level ( e.g. Golf Tournament, Wishmaker Walk, Exile Island and Third party events) ensuring high standards for all events are met.
• Ensures all events follow relevant Children’s Wish Policies and Procedures
• Creates and generates reports and ensures all reporting is up-to-date
• Liaises with external sources including media, community leaders, volunteers, etc. to ensure effective promotion of events.
• Establishes and provides support to event committees as required ensuring success of events (e.g. guidance, materials, staff/volunteers, timelines, etc.)
• Use existing Wish Granting database and work in collaboration with Wish Granting Coordinator to identify appropriate Wish Families for event participation
• Adhere to Imagine Canada’s Ethical Code.
You bring 3 to 5 years experience supporting/managing fundraising initiatives with high energy, and a results-driven attitude to The Children’s Wish Foundation, Saskatoon Office. An effective communicator and presenter, you pro-actively promote the foundation in the community and cultivate relationships with existing donors and sponsors. You consistently demonstrate sound judgment, high integrity, and an ability to cultivate and build positive lasting relationships with new prospects, turning new prospects into revenue generation for the Saskatchewan Chapter.
You are resourceful, creative and a collaborative team player that works to identify opportunities for development and growth in fund development. You have experience working with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and familiarity with Raiser’s Edge.
Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is a requirement for this position.
If you are excited about this opportunity, submit your resume, WITH SALARY EXPECTATIONS, no later than Wednesday, July 10, 2013. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. – less