The Children's Place Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2016
I learned lots about customer service. Kind and helpful employees made it so easy to adapt to many things. I would come in at 9 AM tidy up around the store, make changes in sale prices and merchandise greet costumers and children, hand out stickers and tattoos, broom, mop, clean windows and also check bags before leaving. The hardest part of the job was not being able to spend more time at The Children's Place as I was only a Coop Student. The most enjoyable part was the big smiles from little kids and working with the other employees.
Unorganized and untimely
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ONApril 29, 2016
I learned from working with this company that you can not always trust management. The management was very unorganized and never knew what was supposed to be done with the store layout. Co-workers didn't seem to care about their jobs or helping the company succeed. I felt I was the only person making sales for our store.
Pros
store discount
Cons
horrible shift hours
children's is a very active store
Vendeuse/caissière (Former Employee) –  Lasalle (30)April 23, 2016
Being a children store, working there exposed me to what exactly is working in a fast pace environnement: knowing how to take care of multiple clients at the same time, learning how to register the cash as fast as you can without making any mistakes during a rush time and especially meeting the needs of the kids and their parents.
Amazing place to work with the wonderful ladies and support from them.
STORE LEAD (LOD) (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Amazing place to work with the amazing boss and support team from the other associates. The customers came in to either look around or needed an item or two. Love helping them find the perfect outfit or item they are wanting. There is up and down for each day with the customers needs and if we had the items. The hardest part of the job was the return policy change a year ago and some customers no liking that no credit if no receipt is with it. They got the same item but in a bigger size or smaller depends on the item. The most enjoyable part of the job is the returning customers each week and getting to know their family.
Pros
Amazing people on the team in the store
Cons
Dealing with some customers that aren't happy
Productive, fun workplace.
Daycare worker (Former Employee) –  Turner Valley, ABMarch 15, 2016
Really fast paced, and fun at the same time. I learned a lot from this experience, working with children was a great experience. The management was good. My co-workers were okay. The hardest part of the job was leaving (I left because of post secondary), the most enjoyable part of the job was the kids, loved working with kids.
Great Company
Sales Associate/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy working for The Children's Place. The customers are amazing and are really what make each working day, worthwhile. I love organizing all the new, cute product in the store. I like how management gives a lot of leeway in expressing yourself in some of the visual merchandising, as the visual planning isn't always up to speed with the store ;) Most of the co-workers are top-notch; friendly, committed and focused on providing quality, personal, customer service. There is always something to do. Management is personable and work together with employees as a real team. Overall, one of my favorite places I have ever worked.
Pros
Great Staff and customers
Cons
On-call shifts
fun if you love kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 9, 2016
The Children's Place was a good first job in the retail world. it gave me a good idea of whats expected of sales representatives in retail. I enjoyed the fact that we were given specific instruction on our tasks and we all had the chance to work on everything from stock, sales, and cash.
Being a Cashier and Sales Associate at The Children's Place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Begin the day with a group huddle, where the manager talks about the Store goals and plans and store promotions.
At the cash register, the cashier's job is to clean it and maintain it as clean and tidy as possible.
Out on the floor, my job was to greet customers and explain to them the store promotions and help them with anything they needed.
I have learned many functions of being a cashier.
Awful place to work
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Workplace was very unorganized
Lack of respect for seasonal position workers
Was not informed what job tasks would include at the interview
Head manager needed to be more on top of employees with break times and job positions
Overall experience was chaotic and negative
Pros
discount of merchandise
Cons
everything
Productive fun workplace
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Typical day at work would involve cleaning the store,building relationships with customers, helping them find what they need and leaving them more than satisfied.
I learned how o be confident in this job.
The management team is the most welcoming people you would ever meet. We built friendships, yet still had a level of professionalism.
The hardest part of the job keeping your cool with difficult customers
The most enjoyable part of the job is coming in to work.
Hands Off Management
Loss Prevention Manager - Canada Distribution (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2016
I reported into the us and in two years i saw my manager 3 times, and he communication style is awful. HR would only talk to you when it was pushed for and after i complained about my manager i was let go.
workplace was a nice and comfortable place to work at
Stock supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Children's Place because of the staff I worked with. Was a challenging job, but I gave it my all to make it a good and safe workplace for myself and others.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 10, 2016
Opportunities for advancement given fairly. Starting shifts are given on a call in basis, which can mean little work. Once you show your value, you will be getting many more shift. Staff and management very friendly
Productive an fun place to learn
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCJanuary 25, 2016
The childrens place is a freat place to work and learn. The co-workers are the best . It is fun to work there because you become a part of a big family everybody cares about eachother the management are really concern about their employees.
Not so bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 11, 2016
Was at a VERY busy location. Work is easy but gets frustrating becuase of messy customers.
Managment was alright, staff was amazing.
No real room for advancement.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Mess customers
Horrible please save your self dont work here
LOD (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 22, 2016
Im a single mom and started working here as a part timer they offered me the job of third key with more pay sounds good until you agree and take the job. I only worked there 1 month when they offered the promotion so that should have been a sign of how bad it is. after the promotion I was told by many part timers and the only other LOD that the job is horrible because the manager is always stressed for no reason and takes it out on every one else. The DM is also horrible trying her best to make sure she sets you up for failure. The location I work at has a high turn over. also the manager trains you wrong and when the DM says its wrong and try to ask who trained you the manager says its not her and that she has had many talks with you about it even though she is the only one who trains you. over all I worn anyone who wants to work here be ready for alot of B.S and being blamed for everything even if you were not working that day... I handed in my letter of resignation and im leaving before i found a new job thats how BAD it is working for them
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
EVERY THING
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABMay 8, 2016
Working with co-workers,helping customers find what they are looking for,meeting new people,making friends,great place to work and get to learn at of things.
great place to work
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 22, 2016
I enjoyed working for tcp a lot. That time in my life tcp was all I knew. I grew a lot working for this company. its helped me become the manger I am today.
fun work environment
Work casually and return to assist on holidays (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMarch 28, 2016
very flexible schedule but low amount of hours allotted. Opportunity to move up the ladder but minimum wage. Fun place to work.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ONDecember 21, 2015
Constantly on your feet whether your cleaning, putting new stock out or in the back putting things away, reorganizing and receiving new shipment. Learn how to work the cash register and increase your customer service skills.