The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Really fun place to work great management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON3 January 2018
Great place to work; management really tried to work with my schedule. I got a full time job so I had to leave, but this was fun. Some of the other employees complained about management; but that is only because they were lazy employees and didn't want to work. If you don't do your job with this company you don't get any hours; and it was always the lazy people complaining. The job is not overly difficult, not stressful, you process product and clean and tidy and help customers. Good balance of work life and family as manager works with your schedule. Really liked it here!
Pros
Great management, work with your schedule
Cons
have to work some weekends
I only work two days in a week.
Sales Associate, Cashier, (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 December 2017
This is because I have school. I am a part timer at The Children's Place, I love working in this field because it challenges me everyday. I also learned a lot of things such as: patience, handling mad customers, I also learned to improve myself in speaking because I have to talk every time I encounter customers.
Meh!
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 December 2017
PM tasks all day long. Work was relatively easy but boring. Plenty of overhead and elevated work. Most easy tasks were given to one employee, which may reflect more on management. Lazy coworkers and management.

Management is slow to enact and are rarely proactive. Company expects flexibility in schedule by being available from 7am to 11pm. Workload and scheduling are always a mess. they tell you on Thursday what time you start on Friday, and on Friday what time you star on Monday. If there's no work, they will shut the building down for the day.

Culture was ok. Many unhappy people. Too many lazy people. Immaturity and a lack of cooperation between supervisors of the various departments.

No advancement. Few increases, and no merit reviews for several years now.
Good deals
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 December 2017
Management has no clue what they’re doing, they don’t care if they promise things to you and then take it away. They expect so much from you but don’t give you hours.
Don’t expect to grow in this company.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Bad management
Enjoyable job with Great Employees
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
Work was not too stressful for me, even during holidays i found it easy to function because once i can get the hang of things i'm a fast mover, but for someone who has trouble handling many things at once this job could prove to be very difficult and exhausting. My boss was very nice and accommodating, and was considerate with overtime and such. The most enjoyable part was getting to meet and work with such nice coworkers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Hours were bot enough to provied for my family
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Cookstown, ON26 November 2017
Too many cut back on hours. Only worked 4 hours a week wasnt enough to provied for my family . the workplace is a good place to work just to many cut backs
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 November 2017
Worked very well with my school schedule. Management fell apart during my time at the workplace so there were a lot of extra duties to do without compensated pay.
An energetic fun and creative place to work
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK24 November 2017
This is a high sales store targeting parents and children. It was rewarding helping people find the clothing and fashions then were looking for at school, play and sports.
Very cliquey- not a place to grow and be supported
Infant and Toddler Program Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON31 October 2017
I found this organization to be very cliquey and no matter how hard you worked, the ones that "were in the group' were promoted and rewarded. I was treated NOT as a valued employee, despite many attempts at incorporating engaging new programs for the kids. I loved working with the kids and they were safe----albeit some staff were not appropriate with the kids on the stairs. (I found some to be very rough in dealing with the kids), but many of the staff were friendly and if not part of the 'group', the otusiders got along well. The organization did not support employee well being or foster a sense of community. I was expected to do many activities outside of work time-with no compensation or appreciation.
Pros
workign with some great kids
Cons
not valued- new ideas and activities planned with zero thanks only led to expecting more
Comfortable, Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 October 2017
I really enjoyed working at Childrens Place, the staff was amazing to work with. I really loved the management team they were very well organized and made sure that we worked in a safe and productive work place.
Pros
Flexible work times
Cons
n/a
Do not work here
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON9 October 2017
I would not recommend the local store for anyone. Local management was unbelievable. Never worked anywhere like it. No respect given to employees. Management talked about employees behind their backs to fellow employees. Very disrespectful.
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2017
It was a great experience. I loved working there.Everyone was great. I'm just really happy that I had gotten the work experience. I feel that I have grown a lot.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Hours cut
A fast paced demanding job
Store Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
This company expects an exceptional amount of effort for a moderate amount of return. The upper management makes executing the job almost impossible with ever moving deadlines, out dated equipment and a willingness to turn a blind eye to employees who work 50-60 hours a week to maintain the status quo.
Pros
Good benefits for full time staff, good employee discount.
Cons
Long hours, no job security.
Easy going work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 October 2017
I enjoy working in customer service, however the lack of hours is really hard to get through and pay my bills. More hours would definitely be better. Overall I enjoy working at The Childrens Place.
Pros
staff
Cons
not enough hours
Amazing Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON30 September 2017
Then management team is amazing and it makes the job great! You develop customer relationships and watch their kids grow through the years. I would go back in a heartbeat!
Productive and Great Co-workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
Great environment for retail experience. Very friendly and great to learn and upgrade your skills. Managers are very helpful which helps to upgrade and makes it easy for new co-workers.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Less Hours
So much fun
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC26 September 2017
I had a great work experience from the childrens place you get great discounts and get to pick out clothes for lils to wear. The most rewarding is seeing the kids smile when they found the outfit
great place
customers are great
new experiences
fun place to work
great pay
Pros
schedule flexibilty
Cons
no cons
Productive and fun place to work!
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (CASHIER) (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB12 September 2017
Wonderful company to work for. Provides great opportunities and experience needed. Great place of employment for students seeking to get experience in the workforce
good and better way to selling things
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ladner, BC5 September 2017
working at children place was good experience for me. I learned a lot of thing about customer strive. this job helped me to build up my confidence in better way.
Pros
better environment
Cons
far away from house

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.