The Children's Place

The Children's Place Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Not so bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 11, 2016
Pros: Staff
Cons: Mess customers
Was at a VERY busy location. Work is easy but gets frustrating becuase of messy customers.
Managment was alright, staff was amazing.
No real room for advancement.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONApril 10, 2016
Opportunities for advancement given fairly. Starting shifts are given on a call in basis, which can mean little work. Once you show your value, you will be getting many more shift. Staff and management very friendly
fun work environment
Work casually and return to assist on holidays (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 28, 2016
very flexible schedule but low amount of hours allotted. Opportunity to move up the ladder but minimum wage. Fun place to work.
Horrible please save your self dont work here
LOD (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 22, 2016
Pros: discount on clothing
Cons: EVERY THING
Im a single mom and started working here as a part timer they offered me the job of third key with more pay sounds good until you agree and take the job. I only worked there 1 month when they offered the promotion so that should have been a sign of how bad it is. after the promotion I was told by many part timers and the only other LOD that the job is horrible because the manager is always stressed for no reason and takes it out on every one else. The DM is also horrible trying her best to make sure she sets you up for failure. The location I work at has a high turn over. also the manager trains you wrong and when the DM says its wrong and try to ask who trained you the manager says its not her and that she has had many talks with you about it even though she is the only one who trains you. over all I worn anyone who wants to work here be ready for alot of B.S and being blamed for everything even if you were not working that day... I handed in my letter of resignation and im leaving before i found a new job thats how BAD it is working for them
Productive, fun workplace.
Daycare worker (Former Employee), Turner Valley, ABMarch 15, 2016
Really fast paced, and fun at the same time. I learned a lot from this experience, working with children was a great experience. The management was good. My co-workers were okay. The hardest part of the job was leaving (I left because of post secondary), the most enjoyable part of the job was the kids, loved working with kids.
Productive and Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Oakville, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Positive atmosphere. Customer orientated. As a manager I would drive sales and encourage my sales team to reach our daily goals.
Awful place to work
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Halton Hills, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Pros: discount of merchandise
Cons: everything
Workplace was very unorganized
Lack of respect for seasonal position workers
Was not informed what job tasks would include at the interview
Head manager needed to be more on top of employees with break times and job positions
Overall experience was chaotic and negative
Amazing place to work with the wonderful ladies and support from them.
STORE LEAD (LOD) (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: Amazing people on the team in the store
Cons: Dealing with some customers that aren't happy
Amazing place to work with the amazing boss and support team from the other associates. The customers came in to either look around or needed an item or two. Love helping them find the perfect outfit or item they are wanting. There is up and down for each day with the customers needs and if we had the items. The hardest part of the job was the return policy change a year ago and some customers no liking that no credit if no receipt is with it. They got the same item but in a bigger size or smaller depends on the item. The most enjoyable part of the job is the returning customers each week and getting to know their family.
Great Company
Sales Associate/Keyholder (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Great Staff and customers
Cons: On-call shifts
I thoroughly enjoy working for The Children's Place. The customers are amazing and are really what make each working day, worthwhile. I love organizing all the new, cute product in the store. I like how management gives a lot of leeway in expressing yourself in some of the visual merchandising, as the visual planning isn't always up to speed with the store ;) Most of the co-workers are top-notch; friendly, committed and focused on providing quality, personal, customer service. There is always something to do. Management is personable and work together with employees as a real team. Overall, one of my favorite places I have ever worked.
Productive an fun place to learn
Third Key Holder (Current Employee), Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCJanuary 25, 2016
The childrens place is a freat place to work and learn. The co-workers are the best . It is fun to work there because you become a part of a big family everybody cares about eachother the management are really concern about their employees.
Being a Cashier and Sales Associate at The Children's Place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Begin the day with a group huddle, where the manager talks about the Store goals and plans and store promotions.
At the cash register, the cashier's job is to clean it and maintain it as clean and tidy as possible.
Out on the floor, my job was to greet customers and explain to them the store promotions and help them with anything they needed.
I have learned many functions of being a cashier.
Productive fun workplace
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Typical day at work would involve cleaning the store,building relationships with customers, helping them find what they need and leaving them more than satisfied.
I learned how o be confident in this job.
The management team is the most welcoming people you would ever meet. We built friendships, yet still had a level of professionalism.
The hardest part of the job keeping your cool with difficult customers
The most enjoyable part of the job is coming in to work.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONDecember 21, 2015
Constantly on your feet whether your cleaning, putting new stock out or in the back putting things away, reorganizing and receiving new shipment. Learn how to work the cash register and increase your customer service skills.
Great for a Student or someone new to the workforce
Cashier (Former Employee), Balzac, ABDecember 12, 2015
Pros: Easy responsibilities
Cons: No room for advancement, no steady work schedule
A typical day included assisting customers with finding a product or size, stocking shelves and executing purchase transactions.
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Terrible work/life balance, improper management, no training, no job security
The Children's Place was my first retail experience. I had worked at Boston Pizza for about a month but left because retail would be easier compared to making 4 large pizza at 1am. I was at TCP for almost a year (short of 1 month). There is no job work/life balance, if your availability didn't meet their needs you didn't get shifts. In addition, there was no training whatsoever. On my first shift they basically fed me to the wolves. The salary was minimum wage, but the benefits were pretty good'; 50% off the lowest ticketed price. There's no job security as the managers basically "lay you off" by not giving you shifts, forcing you to leave and find a better job. Management wasn't good either, lots of favouritism. My manager acted like a bratty 16 year old. Job culture was ok, it's retail so you work in a mall which isn't a bad thing if you like shopping/malls. TCP gave me a horrible impression of the retail industry and it took me a while before applying to another retail position.
fun
Team Leader (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hiring process
a great place to buy your childrens clothes. Excellent quality with even better prices. Great employee incentive and discounts
Possitive busy place to work
sales associate (Former Employee), bramptonOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Fun workplace environment
Cons: Ver long hours
I highly recommend anyone that has a busy life and needs a good schedule o work here. Management is very easy going and understanding.
No work life balance
Deliver Execution Manager (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Large backrooms
Cons: No advancement
This company does not believe in work life balance at all. They pay really well, most management is on salary. Because you are getting the same pay no matter how much you work in a week, they expect you to work swing shifts and multiple 12 hour shifts in one week. There were multiple times I had to work days, afternoons and midnights all in one work week.
Cool place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Amazing manager.
Cons: None
A great first retail job.
Amazing store manager.
Cool co-workers.
Friendly customers.
Great products.
Learned a lot of selling techniques.
Good company
Sales Associate/ Main Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 26, 2015
Good company with excellent values and affordalbe childrens clothing for everyone. Room for advancment within the company if wanted
Headquarters