The Children's Place

The Children's Place Employee Reviews in Canada

Picker
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 2, 2016
Very fast-paced environment. Management is helpful but only when you can get a hold of them. Fellow employees don't interact much thus no help from them unless they are told to help.
Pros
Good pay, 3 breaks, good telephone attendance service
Cons
unfriendly co-workers, management all over the place but not seen much
Coop position
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 25, 2016
This was a coop position, Count inventory, Price stock, Set up and take down displays, assist customers. Assist coworkers when needed.
Pros
Meet new people as they would come in to shop
Cons
Coop position
Good workplace environment
Sales Leader/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 3, 2016
A typical day at work, depending on what time I start would involve opening or closing the store, assisting costumers with different needs, providing great customer service, maintaining a neat and tidy store ect.
I've learned the best ways to interact with different customers, as well as management skills. Cash handling and paperwork procedures have also been added to my skillset.
My co-workers are awesome! We are a tight knit team that work well together.
Looking for a new job to add to my work experience as well as to try out something new.
Productive and fun workplace
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 27, 2016
I learned lots about customer service. Kind and helpful employees made it so easy to adapt to many things. I would come in at 9 AM tidy up around the store, make changes in sale prices and merchandise greet costumers and children, hand out stickers and tattoos, broom, mop, clean windows and also check bags before leaving. The hardest part of the job was not being able to spend more time at The Children's Place as I was only a Coop Student. The most enjoyable part was the big smiles from little kids and working with the other employees.
Hands Off Management
Loss Prevention Manager - Canada Distribution (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2016
I reported into the us and in two years i saw my manager 3 times, and he communication style is awful. HR would only talk to you when it was pushed for and after i complained about my manager i was let go.
great place to work
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 22, 2016
I enjoyed working for tcp a lot. That time in my life tcp was all I knew. I grew a lot working for this company. its helped me become the manger I am today.
workplace was a nice and comfortable place to work at
Stock supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 9, 2016
I enjoyed working at Children's Place because of the staff I worked with. Was a challenging job, but I gave it my all to make it a good and safe workplace for myself and others.
fun if you love kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 9, 2016
The Children's Place was a good first job in the retail world. it gave me a good idea of whats expected of sales representatives in retail. I enjoyed the fact that we were given specific instruction on our tasks and we all had the chance to work on everything from stock, sales, and cash.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, ABMay 8, 2016
Working with co-workers,helping customers find what they are looking for,meeting new people,making friends,great place to work and get to learn at of things.
Average
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONMay 5, 2016
It was an ok place of work, at the time growth was limited. The people I worked with were great. And that is all I can think of.
Had a very flexible work schedule for me!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 3, 2016
I enjoyed the job tasks, and how fast paced the environment was. I had an excellent repour with some of my co-workers, and I enjoyed the regular customers that I got to know.

In the 5 1/2 years working at this place, I only called in sick 1 time, and I was always punctual and reliable with each and every shift they gave to me.

When I was first hired, the management was professional and was excellent at keeping employees in check from gossip.

When new younger management came in place, I did not care for how poor the management was for dealing with conflict with employees and how management let gossip and drama run rampant.

There was a high turnover in employees and stress became a common aspect, when all I wanted was a break from home life and to get out of the house to be with adults.

In the end, I just didn't feel this was the work environment that I wanted to continue in.

Going forward, I would like to see myself with an older management team that wasn't at the same age as some of the employees that just came out of high school.

*** Would I work for this company again?, YES, with some new management of course, however until then I will find Part Time employment that will have less stress.
Pros
Excellent and flexible work schedule
Cons
Young management
Unorganized and untimely
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ONApril 29, 2016
I learned from working with this company that you can not always trust management. The management was very unorganized and never knew what was supposed to be done with the store layout. Co-workers didn't seem to care about their jobs or helping the company succeed. I felt I was the only person making sales for our store.
Pros
store discount
Cons
horrible shift hours
children's is a very active store
Vendeuse/caissière (Former Employee) –  Lasalle (30)April 23, 2016
Being a children store, working there exposed me to what exactly is working in a fast pace environnement: knowing how to take care of multiple clients at the same time, learning how to register the cash as fast as you can without making any mistakes during a rush time and especially meeting the needs of the kids and their parents.
Not so bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 11, 2016
Was at a VERY busy location. Work is easy but gets frustrating becuase of messy customers.
Managment was alright, staff was amazing.
No real room for advancement.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Mess customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 10, 2016
Opportunities for advancement given fairly. Starting shifts are given on a call in basis, which can mean little work. Once you show your value, you will be getting many more shift. Staff and management very friendly
fun work environment
Work casually and return to assist on holidays (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCMarch 28, 2016
very flexible schedule but low amount of hours allotted. Opportunity to move up the ladder but minimum wage. Fun place to work.
Horrible please save your self dont work here
LOD (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONMarch 22, 2016
Im a single mom and started working here as a part timer they offered me the job of third key with more pay sounds good until you agree and take the job. I only worked there 1 month when they offered the promotion so that should have been a sign of how bad it is. after the promotion I was told by many part timers and the only other LOD that the job is horrible because the manager is always stressed for no reason and takes it out on every one else. The DM is also horrible trying her best to make sure she sets you up for failure. The location I work at has a high turn over. also the manager trains you wrong and when the DM says its wrong and try to ask who trained you the manager says its not her and that she has had many talks with you about it even though she is the only one who trains you. over all I worn anyone who wants to work here be ready for alot of B.S and being blamed for everything even if you were not working that day... I handed in my letter of resignation and im leaving before i found a new job thats how BAD it is working for them
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
EVERY THING
Productive, fun workplace.
Daycare worker (Former Employee) –  Turner Valley, ABMarch 15, 2016
Really fast paced, and fun at the same time. I learned a lot from this experience, working with children was a great experience. The management was good. My co-workers were okay. The hardest part of the job was leaving (I left because of post secondary), the most enjoyable part of the job was the kids, loved working with kids.
Productive and Fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONFebruary 24, 2016
Positive atmosphere. Customer orientated. As a manager I would drive sales and encourage my sales team to reach our daily goals.
Awful place to work
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Workplace was very unorganized
Lack of respect for seasonal position workers
Was not informed what job tasks would include at the interview
Head manager needed to be more on top of employees with break times and job positions
Overall experience was chaotic and negative
Pros
discount of merchandise
Cons
everything

The Children's Place Reviews by Location