The Children's Place

The Children's Place Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Possitive and busy place to work.
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 14, 2014
While working at the Childrens Place I got to use my sales skills to sell products to customers. I got along very well with my co workers and together we were able to make a profit in our store almost every day.
productive and friendly environment
Customer service/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: no complaints
I would recommend anyone to work there. The workers and the managers are very helpful and dedicated when it comes to providing excellent customer service for their buyers. The prices are incomparable and they provide good quality clothes and products.
Productive and friendly place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, ONSeptember 27, 2014
Co-workers are friendly, days are busy because there are many customers, most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the children come into the store.
Children's Place
General Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
great salary, however long hours or work. Great discount on clothing.
slow enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee), ThornhillJune 5, 2014
fold clothing, count till, customer service, inventory, assist customer, fun environment friendly teammates
Great co-works
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMay 26, 2014
I had a good time working at this store. I liked to be able to talk and help clients every day and the co-works I had was one of the best so far.
Excellent Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga OnApril 18, 2014
Pros: able to adapt to any lifestyle
Cons: managment could be constant
The overall environment of the store has kept me constantly challenging myself with different situations.Each one have given me the ability to build my work ethics skills.
Great Work Place With Fun Enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vaughan, OntarioMarch 24, 2014
A day at work consists of getting the store up and ready for the day.This includes refilling the floor with merchandise, making sure that all displays are set up properly as well as making sure that store is clean. We prepare by going over the sales and goals of the day to ensure that we can satisfy each and every customer that walks through the door.

The – more... management is strict, but that is that strict management that helps keep the store at the top of it's game. – less
Great company!
Store Leader (Current Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 16, 2014
A great place to work!
Quality product at competitive prices.
The best part of the day is when I see my customers leaving the store with a happy smile on their face because they found exactly what they were looking for and at a great price.
fast-paced workplace, pleasant atmosphere
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee), ottawa, ontarioJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good customers, positive attitudes all around
Cons: lots of last minute corporate changes, high workload with low staff
A typical day of work usually involved balancing a high workload with low hours and limited staff.

I learned a lot about managing my team effectively to get all necessary jobs done, how to delegate tasks effectively, and how to learn which team members would be best suited to which task.

Store-level management was always good, though upper-level corporate – more... management could be difficult to deal with at times.

The hardest part of the job was the frequent lack of resources such as payroll, so we were almost always working with a skeleton crew, regardless of the number of available and skilled employees.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the general positive attitude, and the customer base was very good. – less
Productive/new knowledge
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2014
Working for this company I've learned some typical retail techniques such as inventory, greeting customers, stocking proceedures.

It was under going new management at the time of being employed.

Co- workers were friendly and out going, positive and attentive.
Productive/ learning new knowledge
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: the hours
Basic duties for me at this company was greet customers, inventory, and stock. I wasn't employed there long due to my lack of training.

The management was under new management at the time of my employment.

The hardest part of the job was inventory.
The most enjoyable part was meeting and greeting customers.

This retail job has taught me some of the – more... typical duties in a retail business. – less
Fast Pace
Member of the health and safety team (Former Employee), Pickering, ONDecember 28, 2013
Very face pace in comparison to any other retail clothing store, lots of turnover.
loved working there, it was fun and very educational.
cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, being around children
Cons: managers attitude
my co-workers were amazing they helped me through the tough times i had during the first 2 days learning refunds and exchanges. my managers were alright didn't help me as much as i thought they would and had a little bit of an attitude but working at the children's place was very rewarding because i got to see children everyday and meet new people and – more... have fun working. – less
Great work environment
Childcare Worker (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 5, 2013
Enjoyed working with the children and employees .It was a great work environment and everyone was friendly
Fun environment, meeting new people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, OntarioNovember 1, 2013
Cons: long hours, after close can vary from 15 mins until 2 hours before you can go home
-drive sales and persuade customers to make purchases
-learn how to be a helpful teammate, learn about customers needs
-management was mediocre, every business has their issues
-great co-workers, didn't have a strong issue, but their are a few minor things that can be fixed,(no one is perfect)
-hardest part about the job is trying to persuade because – more... there are some customers that are extremely cheap and will not spend
-most enjoyable part about the job is talking to customers and seeking out their needs and trying to find or accommodate – less
fun place
Cashier (Current Employee), london,onOctober 8, 2013
Good place to work but hardly any hour right now. fairly easy to work with the people
not so great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 21, 2013
min wage and not too many hours weekly. Basically part -time
Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Milton, ONAugust 15, 2013
Unloading stock from early morning deliveries, cashing out customers and replenishing the floor with new products.
Fun but busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJuly 4, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: bad scheduling
Scheduling wasn't done at a consistent time. It was a fun but very fast-paced environment. Poor hours though.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Children's Place

The Children’s Place Retail Stores, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of children’s merchandise in North America. – Read more

The Children's Place Photos