The Children's Place

The Children's Place Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Sales Associate/Keyholder (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 26, 2016
Pros: Great Staff and customers
Cons: On-call shifts
I thoroughly enjoy working for The Children's Place. The customers are amazing and are really what make each working day, worthwhile. I love organizing all the new, cute product in the store. I like how management gives a lot of leeway in expressing yourself in some of the visual merchandising, as the visual planning isn't always up to speed with the store ;) Most of the co-workers are top-notch; friendly, committed and focused on providing quality, personal, customer service. There is always something to do. Management is personable and work together with employees as a real team. Overall, one of my favorite places I have ever worked.
Productive an fun place to learn
Third Key Holder (Current Employee), Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QCJanuary 25, 2016
The childrens place is a freat place to work and learn. The co-workers are the best . It is fun to work there because you become a part of a big family everybody cares about eachother the management are really concern about their employees.
Being a Cashier and Sales Associate at The Children's Place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Begin the day with a group huddle, where the manager talks about the Store goals and plans and store promotions.
At the cash register, the cashier's job is to clean it and maintain it as clean and tidy as possible.
Out on the floor, my job was to greet customers and explain to them the store promotions and help them with anything they needed.
I have learned many functions of being a cashier.
Productive fun workplace
Sales Associate, Cashier (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Typical day at work would involve cleaning the store,building relationships with customers, helping them find what they need and leaving them more than satisfied.
I learned how o be confident in this job.
The management team is the most welcoming people you would ever meet. We built friendships, yet still had a level of professionalism.
The hardest part of the job keeping your cool with difficult customers
The most enjoyable part of the job is coming in to work.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONDecember 21, 2015
Constantly on your feet whether your cleaning, putting new stock out or in the back putting things away, reorganizing and receiving new shipment. Learn how to work the cash register and increase your customer service skills.
Great for a Student or someone new to the workforce
Cashier (Former Employee), Balzac, ABDecember 12, 2015
Pros: Easy responsibilities
Cons: No room for advancement, no steady work schedule
A typical day included assisting customers with finding a product or size, stocking shelves and executing purchase transactions.
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 16, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Terrible work/life balance, improper management, no training, no job security
The Children's Place was my first retail experience. I had worked at Boston Pizza for about a month but left because retail would be easier compared to making 4 large pizza at 1am. I was at TCP for almost a year (short of 1 month). There is no job work/life balance, if your availability didn't meet their needs you didn't get shifts. In addition, there was no training whatsoever. On my first shift they basically fed me to the wolves. The salary was minimum wage, but the benefits were pretty good'; 50% off the lowest ticketed price. There's no job security as the managers basically "lay you off" by not giving you shifts, forcing you to leave and find a better job. Management wasn't good either, lots of favouritism. My manager acted like a bratty 16 year old. Job culture was ok, it's retail so you work in a mall which isn't a bad thing if you like shopping/malls. TCP gave me a horrible impression of the retail industry and it took me a while before applying to another retail position.
fun
Team Leader (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 3, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hiring process
a great place to buy your childrens clothes. Excellent quality with even better prices. Great employee incentive and discounts
Possitive busy place to work
sales associate (Former Employee), bramptonOctober 20, 2015
Pros: Fun workplace environment
Cons: Ver long hours
I highly recommend anyone that has a busy life and needs a good schedule o work here. Management is very easy going and understanding.
No work life balance
Deliver Execution Manager (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONOctober 5, 2015
Pros: Large backrooms
Cons: No advancement
This company does not believe in work life balance at all. They pay really well, most management is on salary. Because you are getting the same pay no matter how much you work in a week, they expect you to work swing shifts and multiple 12 hour shifts in one week. There were multiple times I had to work days, afternoons and midnights all in one work week.
Cool place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Amazing manager.
Cons: None
A great first retail job.
Amazing store manager.
Cool co-workers.
Friendly customers.
Great products.
Learned a lot of selling techniques.
Good company
Sales Associate/ Main Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 26, 2015
Good company with excellent values and affordalbe childrens clothing for everyone. Room for advancment within the company if wanted
A great place to work when you are just graduated from ECE
Infant/ Toddler Teacher (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 12, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Long hours
Fun place to work with a lot of children that will help you grow your skils quickly in a fast paced workplace. Very multicultural, children and staff, a perfect environment for diversity. No training provided. The best part of the job is working alongside all of the children and learning from them and your coworkers to grow your skills.
its fun working here with children from all ages.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), CalgaryAugust 21, 2015
Pros: only shopping discounts
Cons: long hours
its really nice working in this store you are always surrounded with smiles.
the management is great and its really helpful.
Positive work environment with great staff.
Store Lead (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Hours of operation
Cons: No 15 minute breaks even on long shifts.
-I have learned to effectively deal with unsatisfied customers in a way that leaves them happy and satisfied as well as myself.
-The management team is very friendly, fair and accommodating
-For the most part my co-workers are reliable, punctual, responsible and very easy to work with.
-The hardest part of my job would be the unhappy customers that come into the store and no matter the effort, leave unsatisfied without a resolution being met.
St Regis
Supervisor (Former Employee), Markham, OnJuly 13, 2015
Go through the email orders that have been submitted, check inventory stock to make sure the order is able to be processed.
if the stock is not available we then contact the customer and give them an alternate option.
once that has been done and the order is ready to be entered in the system the art that has been submitted to go with the order is reviewed to make sure there are no discrepancies and if the file is in the right format to be used.
Once the artist has worked on the file then I review to make sure that the order is correct and the art is correct and then i send the customer a copy and wait for their approval.
Its a Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto Premium OutletsJuly 13, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: Not enough hours
I really do enjoy the people I work with. The Managers are very easy to talk to and will listen to any questions or concerns you may have. It is a positive environment and everyone gets along .
Fleible scheduling, good hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Woodbridge, ONJuly 10, 2015
Typical day at work is really busy because it's an outlet at Vaughan mills and it's considered a big box store.

I learned and developed a lot of my skills there such as customer service, teamwork and communication skills.

The management was alright, it needed work though.

Co-worker's are very friendly and outgoing.

The hardest part of the job was being able to maintain a clean store and department.

Overall it was a very good experience. I enjoyed working there just in general and because of the good hours and flexibility
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 7, 2015
The Children's place is and exciting and good place to work. Management are amazing and understanding to all needs. Co-workers are always there to lend a hand if needed.
Depends on the people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton/BurlingtonJune 29, 2015
Pros: If you work at either of the ones I worked at your co-workers will be awesome
Cons: Pig customers
If the other women I worked with had not all been amazing I would have hated this job. It wasn't the pay or lack of advancement it was the customers. I worked at a location where the customers would come in with their 4 kids, 3 aunties and 6 grandparents and they would trash the store and not spend more than 4 bucks on clearance. The second location had amazing people working there too but it was slow all the time. I was used to $20 000 weekdays and went to $2000 Saturdays.
Headquarters