The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 August 2017
Amazing atmosphere! Helping out Moms & Dads with their children's clothes was fun. Super fast pace environment. Loved it! Great incentives through out the company. The company is just a really great place to work for.
Pros
Great incentives
Fast Paced Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 July 2017
The Children's Place is a fast paced environment to work with. I have a great store manager that listens to my needs. However, I feel there are parts of the company that needs to improve.
Selfish Company
Store Lead (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 July 2017
I got hired into management as a sales lead right off the bat. I didn't really look into the company before i accepted the offer, later found out how sketchy it is. The company does everything to favour itself and all they care about is sales. Employees are treated like robots and a few of us are lucky to have good store managers to make it easier.
Typical customer service job
Commis sur Plancher (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 July 2017
Productive and positive environment. Good job if you want to develop good communication, multi-tasking, and time management skills. On a typical day, you greet customers and help them with their needs. Rush hours can sometimes get messy.
Fun place to work
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 July 2017
I had young children at the time and was able to dress them very well for little money. My manager at the time was very fair and easy to work with. Thank you.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 June 2017
The management is not as understanding in this job, but the job is almost fair. You start off your day with customers and end it with customers, constantly helping others.
Not the best place foryoung single mothers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB26 June 2017
Treats older mothers great, but young ones not too well. They won't let you sit, even if your 8 months pregnant. Get upset when you use the Bathroom, extra.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Negvite environment
Great place to work with a great atmosphere
Temporary Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 May 2017
It's a really great place to work. The management is great and everyone is so friendly. Would recommend highly for anyone who asks. Wouldn't want to leave
Pros
Great management
Cons
Limited hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2017
Being in charge of Big Girls Department,Straighten tables & fill ,hardest part of job keeping tables looking good.seeing new styles coming in for each season.great discount for staff
Pros
Good shifts welling to work with you
Cons
Sometimes too many managers
Une journée typique au travail
Conseillère en vente (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC30 April 2017
Chez The Children's Place, les journées passent très vite. C'est un lieu de travail ou on ne s'ennuie pas. Il y a toujours des tâches à accomplir et c'est le travail parfait pour tout étudiant.
good
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON26 April 2017
Good place to work, people are nice, and you get close with the families. It's a good place to get your foot in the door if you are just starting, and a good place to work overall .
Relaxed Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC24 April 2017
Very friendly co-workers, mostly easy peaceful days. Go in fold clothes talk to customers help them find what they need. Customer service is key, a lot of processing. Very slow January - March.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
not many hours
Great
Sales Associate-Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 April 2017
Enjoyed working with the people their, and was constantly running around the store helping customers. It's not hard job, and I got to see a smile on people's faces when they were helped!
Awesome Place to work!
Customer service, handle cash, stock and clean (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON19 April 2017
I worked there for almost a year and loved it! The management was great, I only left because I moved. All of the employees are amazing and super kind.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
not a ton of hours
Good benefits, easy to advnce
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC19 April 2017
It is very easy to grow in Sales at The Children's Place. I made my way from a sales assistant up to an Assistant Manager in a matter of 3 years. The job was easy, and the customers and coworkers were lovely. However, it was very hard to request days off, get vacation time, or have sick days. The job was demanding. This is not ideal unless you want a career in retail for the rest of your life.
great place to work
Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON7 April 2017
I enjoyed merchandising the store when new collections came in.Customer service is always difficult at times. The most challenging part is dealing with irate customers and trying to diffuse the situation.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 April 2017
Not a high traffic store, easy to keep clean and organised, tasks are not difficult. Management was great at efficiently training me as a sales associate.
easy going workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 March 2017
Great staff, but I wasn't crazy about the overall working experience in retail. Breaks were very scarce, duties were repetitive and rules from the superiors were close to unachievable.
Needs an uplift
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 March 2017
When I worked there it wasn't the greatest job to work at because everything was on tables which meant having to fold and refold the clothes everytime someone wanted to get a size or when they were just looking at the item
Pros
Hours/people/experience gain
Cons
Pay/management/lack of organization
Fun work place but lots of stocking.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 March 2017
A typical day is serving customers, folding clothes and stocking the store. The hardest part of the job would be the stocking and folding clothes since it's the majority of the job.
Pros
Fun work place and great people wot work with.
Cons
Unpaid breaks and put you in on days you asked not to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.

The Children's Place Reviews by Location