The Children's Place

The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Fun & Relaxed Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON16 November 2016
The children's place is a wonderful place to work. Very relaxed environment. Management is wonderful as well, they are very flexible with hours and school hours.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Few hours
A workplace where hardwork and dedaction is expected 110% everyday.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario14 November 2016
The Childrens Place is a very fun and challenging work environment. The management team could use some improvement however it was one of the best places that I have developed my career.
The hours are very minimal which cases a huge turnover rate however if you are good at your job you are more guaranteed hours.
Pros
Employee Apprecation events
Cons
Minimal payroll
love working here
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
I have been working for the childrens place for almost three months now and I have enjoyed it all the people I work with are nice I have had a few incidents with two employees who don't seem fond of me but over all its a great job hours can be a bit difficult to deal with but it's not too bad.
Pros
fun fast passed enviroment
Cons
little hours
I love to work here been here almoist 10 months
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 October 2016
Great place to work. Always keeps you busy but not enough hours at time which is hard but overall a great place to work. I stared in November of 2015 and since then there have been a lot of improvements with the new management in the company.
Pros
Wonderful staff and management
Cons
Not enough hours
Lead on Duty (LOD)
LOD associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON29 September 2016
As the leader on duty I was responsible for opening/closing the store.
Bank deposits.
Counting down the tills at the end of the night.
Setting up for new seasons.
Scheduling placement of the staff members for the day.
Backing up when cash assistants was needed.
Handling returns.
Ensuring the customer satisfaction was always good.
Good experience/professional
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Clair, ON27 September 2016
Working at Child Place was a very good experience loved working there. The team was very friendly, welcoming. They will always help me around if i asked, but everyone that was working knew their role. It was very professional.
My first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  6455 Macleod Trail SW17 September 2016
It was only seasonal
I dealt with children's clothing and made sure I helped customers meet their needs
I also got to learn cash for the first time.
Pros
enjoyable to work there
Cons
only seasonal
Amazing company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 September 2016
This is a great company to work for. The appreciate all your efforts. They understand the workload placed on you. Best benefits of any retail management in terms of vacation days given.
Great company to work for.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2016
Fantastic experience for my first management position. Pay and benefits are in line with the effort you put in. Top-level management does their part in helping you succeed.
Pros
Lots of room for advancement, competitive wages
Cons
No 9-5 work week, work weekends and holidays.
Great Seasonal Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON27 August 2016
Amazing hours during the seasonal time. However hours were few and far between for some employees after Christmas. I enjoyed my time here as well as the people I worked with.
Not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 August 2016
My co workers were very nice and extremely good at their jobs. However, management was a mess and they had no respect or lenience with the staff. Understaffed but very busy - there were never enough people to get everything done and still assist customers.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
understaffed and poor management
Picker
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2016
Very fast-paced environment. Management is helpful but only when you can get a hold of them. Fellow employees don't interact much thus no help from them unless they are told to help.
Pros
Good pay, 3 breaks, good telephone attendance service
Cons
unfriendly co-workers, management all over the place but not seen much
Coop position
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON25 July 2016
This was a coop position, Count inventory, Price stock, Set up and take down displays, assist customers. Assist coworkers when needed.
Pros
Meet new people as they would come in to shop
Cons
Coop position
Good workplace environment
Sales Leader/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2016
A typical day at work, depending on what time I start would involve opening or closing the store, assisting costumers with different needs, providing great customer service, maintaining a neat and tidy store ect.
I've learned the best ways to interact with different customers, as well as management skills. Cash handling and paperwork procedures have also been added to my skillset.
My co-workers are awesome! We are a tight knit team that work well together.
Looking for a new job to add to my work experience as well as to try out something new.
Productive and fun workplace
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 May 2016
I learned lots about customer service. Kind and helpful employees made it so easy to adapt to many things. I would come in at 9 AM tidy up around the store, make changes in sale prices and merchandise greet costumers and children, hand out stickers and tattoos, broom, mop, clean windows and also check bags before leaving. The hardest part of the job was not being able to spend more time at The Children's Place as I was only a Coop Student. The most enjoyable part was the big smiles from little kids and working with the other employees.
Hands Off Management
Loss Prevention Manager - Canada Distribution (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2016
I reported into the us and in two years i saw my manager 3 times, and he communication style is awful. HR would only talk to you when it was pushed for and after i complained about my manager i was let go.
great place to work
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 May 2016
I enjoyed working for tcp a lot. That time in my life tcp was all I knew. I grew a lot working for this company. its helped me become the manger I am today.
workplace was a nice and comfortable place to work at
Stock supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2016
I enjoyed working at Children's Place because of the staff I worked with. Was a challenging job, but I gave it my all to make it a good and safe workplace for myself and others.
fun if you love kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
The Children's Place was a good first job in the retail world. it gave me a good idea of whats expected of sales representatives in retail. I enjoyed the fact that we were given specific instruction on our tasks and we all had the chance to work on everything from stock, sales, and cash.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB8 May 2016
Working with co-workers,helping customers find what they are looking for,meeting new people,making friends,great place to work and get to learn at of things.