The Children's Place
1,196 reviews

The Children's Place Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Dynamic workplace with ample learning opportunity
Full Time Preschool Educator (Current Employee), 1150 Carling Ave, Ottawa, ONJune 19, 2015
This centre operates around the clock, seven days a week, and all the children are operating on different schedules. This makes the environment very busy and educators need to be flexible at all times. The staff is extremely supportive and work together in a team atmosphere, change is embraced and best practices are high priority. Time management is the most challenging part of this job because there are always interruptions with parents and children arriving and leaving at all different times. Good communication is imperative and understanding of all the different families' needs. The most enjoyable part of this job is the autonomy to implement new ideas and activities.
Easy going
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 16, 2015
Overall, working at The Children's Place is great and easy going. Being part of the management team is a great experience and a lot of responsiblity and I have learned a lot about management.
Fun workplace
Floor Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 9, 2015
Working retail was quite the experience but it was really fun. I enjoyed working where the environment was more focused on kids and moms. I think the hardest part of the job was cleaning up the store at the end of closing shifts but it wasn't anything we couldn't handle as a team.
Productive and exciting place to star career
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, British ColumbiaJune 3, 2015
Although I was not told that their seasons only last one month or why I was being let go, I enjoyed my time there. I wish they told future employees that it is a temporary position.
Quite place
Cashier/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMay 14, 2015
no one really interacted with anyone else. They had no teamwork and no respect for each other. It was not that great of a place too work.
Great, happy place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dieppe, NBMay 13, 2015
Pros: Fantastic Management
Cons: Part time hours only
TCP Moncton, NB is a fantastic place to work. Staff are super friendly and easy to get along with. Management is very supportive and happy to teach. Highly recommended!
Great start to retail
Sales lead (Former Employee), Barrie, ONApril 3, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: no inside promotions
I loved working at TCP, it was a great company to learn the ways of retail. My co-workers were fantastic and management was great. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to see all of the kids come in and dress up to try on stuff in our change rooms.
Lots of turnover
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 1, 2015
The Children's Place South Keys location in Ottawa has a lot of turnover in staff and management. I do like working with the clientele that the store attracts but the training was not up to par for a company of this caliber resulting in employees not following company's directives.
Fast-paced and a hard working enviroment
Store Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: lack of hours
A typical day at The Children's Place would be folding clothes based on size, working in different sections of the store, helping customers and cleaning up anything on the floor or in the wrong area. I learned how clothing size for toddlers and infants greatly differ from adults clothes. The management tried to keep up with everything going on with the customers and employees. My co-workers were very helpful with any questions I had. The hardest part was having no hours every week when I would phone for my schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Great collaborative team
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee), Gatineau, QCFebruary 25, 2015
I learned how to work in tough situations and to adapt to transitions. I knew I could count on my fellow employees to help me when I needed them. I trusted them a lot.
My manager was very accommodating and ensured employees were happy.
Productive and well organized work place
Cashier also trained as floor associate (Current Employee), Vaughan millsFebruary 5, 2015
A typical day at work is fun as well as productive.
What i learned while working at the childrens place was to be fast pace but also very accurate when operating the cash registers, i learned bucket pricing, promotions, suggestive selling etc.
Management is organized and respect their workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is servicing customers.
Fun work environment with a great team of management and associates alike
Sales associate (Current Employee), Dieppe, New BrunswickJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: 30% off purchases at the tcp
Cons: minimal hours
A day at work at TCP is never a bore. There is always something to do, whether it's stock, pricing, floor changes or mannequins. It is never stressful, and you will always have a smile on your face.

As this was my first job in retail, I learned a lot. For example, I learned about what it takes to keep a store running, neat and organized. I learned to do judgement calls when dealing with specific customers, as well as really working as a team so that it stays a fun learning environment where you go home every day being a little bit wiser.

The management team is professional, well organized, friendly, trustworthy and above all, people you can talk to. They are always available to talk or listen.

So far, every co-worker at the TCP has been a blessing. I haven't had any trouble personally or professionally. Everyone is always willing to help out and guide the Newbies whilst staying friendly. They've all become great friends and role models at the same time.

There really aren't any bad parts about this job. Of course it isn't perfect, but there isn't anything I would complain about... Maybe a bigger break room table.. ;P

The most enjoyable part of this job is the rewarding feeling of having helped someone out and them saying "Thanks very much for your help". Knowing you made their shopping experience that much easier, and they'll be going home with exactly what they wanted. It's truly the greatest feeling knowing you made even the slightest difference.
SHIPPIN/RECEIVING
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee), MISSISSAUGA ONTARIOJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: lunches
Cons: breaks
MY JOB REVIEW IS ABOUT THIS COMPANY IS GOOD I LEARNED EVERYTHING HOW TO WORK IN SHIPPING/RECEIVER.
Working here is fun, friendly management, warm environment, cooperative employees n i enjoy working here.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2014
The days i have spent at children's place were wonderful because of the atmosphere, staff, management and work. I enjoyed this job.
Ther are better brands to work for than this one.
Manager (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 3, 2014
Pros: ghanta
Cons: hamal
Frustrated, stressed & physical challenges are endless. A NIGHTMARE experience. Pays cheap labor & expects the moon.
Possitive and busy place to work.
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONNovember 14, 2014
While working at the Childrens Place I got to use my sales skills to sell products to customers. I got along very well with my co workers and together we were able to make a profit in our store almost every day.
Clean, organized and friendly place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: clean, fun, friendly staff
Cons: to many managers
Stocking shelves
Organizing and fronting clothing
Customer Service
Cashier
productive and friendly environment
Customer service/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 5, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: no complaints
I would recommend anyone to work there. The workers and the managers are very helpful and dedicated when it comes to providing excellent customer service for their buyers. The prices are incomparable and they provide good quality clothes and products.
Productive and friendly place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, ONSeptember 27, 2014
Co-workers are friendly, days are busy because there are many customers, most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the children come into the store.
Children's Place
General Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long hours
great salary, however long hours or work. Great discount on clothing.

1 2 3 4

About The Children's Place

The Children’s Place Retail Stores, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of children’s merchandise in North America. – Read more

The Children's Place Photos