Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Receptionist’s primary role is to provide reception and general administrative support for CDRD and CDRD Ventures, Inc.
- Welcomes visitors and ensures proper security documentation
- Answers, responds and directs all incoming calls as appropriate
- Coordinates the repair and maintenance of office equipment
- Coordinates all office and inventory orders and off-site file storage
- Handles and distributes all general mail and courier deliveries
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of all common staff kitchen/lunch areas including the stocking of kitchen supplies
- Provides CDRD and CDRD Ventures Inc. meeting room set up, configuration and catering and co-ordinates with Pharmacy and other building tenants on the use of common areas and shared building issues
- Provides support to shipper/receiver
- Provides back up word-processing and administrative support (ie. recording of minutes and maintenance of records) for general administration, Executive Assistants and Safety teams - Assists and coordinates in the planning and preparation of internal and external meetings, conferences, event logistics, catering and travel arrangements as requested
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Several years’ related administrative and front line reception experience, with previous experience in a life sciences/research environment an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to deal professionally with internal staff, vendors and external and partners
- Ability to set priorities and operate effectively within a multi-tasking environment
- Must be a self starter, who demonstrates a high degree of initiative and flexibility to deal effectively with changing requests and demands
The Centre for Drug Research and Development (CDRD) is Canada’s fully-integrated national drug development and commercialization centre,...