The Cash Store Financial

The Cash Store Financial Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and Fast-paced work environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Kindersley, SKJanuary 18, 2015
The entire experience with the Cash Store was nice and learning. I got a chance to explore and enhance my skills in financial services. The started as representative and was promoted to the management team. Being a manager, I enhanced my decision making skills , leadership traits as well as handling a branch independently. We worked as a team to meet the goals of the company following the company policies. I have learnt to work under pressure and to contribute towards the growth of the company.
A good learning experience
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: i made friends of the office staff i worked with.
Cons: low pay.
This was an interesting position for me. The staff and management in the offices I worked in were supportive. The clients could be interesting. Job stress came from angry/disappointed/frustrated clients, and "sales" pressures from regional and head office management. The typical day included providing pay day loans, calling delinquent clients, calling past clients for care/upsale calls, and balancing cash.
Great Place For Entry Level positions
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: monthly bonus
Cons: negative atmosphere
A typical day at work as a team lead is never dull, between helping team mates, completing tasks that are assigned to you, ensuring daily goals are being met, among many other things. I started out as a Title Loan Associate, and within my first year was promoted to Team Lead, this made me build confidence in myself, learn to trust my decisions. I have been able to create great working relationships with many of my co-workers, and been able to gain their resepect and trust as one of their supervisors. The most enjoyable part of the job, is working with many of co-workers, being able to be a family and working as a team to get the job done. The points where the job does become quite difficult in any position, is not having the proper training in many of the tasks you are asked to do.
Incredibly creative marketing company that allows their employees freedom to try
In-term Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaMarch 27, 2013
Pros: completed a six week tour of our 511 branches with the president and 2 vice presidents
Cons: no raise in over 2 years...
I have learned over the past two years how to launch an online leads campaign, designed nationally used 4 credit cards, and recreated a mystery shop program.
I work with the best team - we are small but mighty. We literally run the marketing for 511 locations with no agency help, not even for the media buys. I think the hardest part of the job is getting all the priorities done in a short amount of time. I thrive from the challenge of everyday moving so quickly.
Production work environment with great customer service relations
Financial Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay could be a little better
A typical day begins with opening the cash, direct cash printouts from the previous day, posting pre authorized payments for current day, filing out the opening sheet for manager to send to regional, and turning the open sign on for the day! As customers come in, I pay out their loan by either cash or interac, file out a new update sheet if required and then issue the customer a new loan with the amount requested. Ensuring all sheets are signed is vital for their files as well as copying updated pay stubs and banking information. Completing 2 cash balances throughout the day and making sure the store is balanced. After files are signed off by manager the files can then be filed.
I have learned that dealing with the public with their money requires a lot of patience. When a customer is upset with their file or amount of a outstanding loan it takes quite a bit of explaining the rules and policies of our company to them. As well as dealing the collection calls and setting pre authorized debits can be the hardest part of this job. Co workers are great to work with and we all figure out new things together.
Good Benefits
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), SaskatchewanOctober 10, 2012
Good benefits, too many managers with different policies.
Not somewhere I would chose to try to maintian a career
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2012
Pros: short weekend shifts
Cons: overall unhappy workplace
The training program is non-existent and the management is extremely unprofessional.