The Cash Store Financial Employee Reviews

Incredibly creative marketing company that allows their employees freedom to try
In-term Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta27 March 2013
I have learned over the past two years how to launch an online leads campaign, designed nationally used 4 credit cards, and recreated a mystery shop program.
I work with the best team - we are small but mighty. We literally run the marketing for 511 locations with no agency help, not even for the media buys. I think the hardest part of the job is getting all the priorities done in a short amount of time. I thrive from the challenge of everyday moving so quickly.
Pros
completed a six week tour of our 511 branches with the president and 2 vice presidents
Cons
no raise in over 2 years...
A good learning experience
Financial Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC22 February 2014
This was an interesting position for me. The staff and management in the offices I worked in were supportive. The clients could be interesting. Job stress came from angry/disappointed/frustrated clients, and "sales" pressures from regional and head office management. The typical day included providing pay day loans, calling delinquent clients, calling past clients for care/upsale calls, and balancing cash.
Pros
I made friends of the office staff I worked with.
Cons
Low pay.
not a great place to work
Manager & Financial Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  casselman, ontario21 October 2015
I didn't enjoy working for the Cash Store because was a company who lend money loan o people and they took advantage to the poor people
Great Place For Entry Level positions
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 September 2013
A typical day at work as a team lead is never dull, between helping team mates, completing tasks that are assigned to you, ensuring daily goals are being met, among many other things. I started out as a Title Loan Associate, and within my first year was promoted to Team Lead, this made me build confidence in myself, learn to trust my decisions. I have been able to create great working relationships with many of my co-workers, and been able to gain their resepect and trust as one of their supervisors. The most enjoyable part of the job, is working with many of co-workers, being able to be a family and working as a team to get the job done. The points where the job does become quite difficult in any position, is not having the proper training in many of the tasks you are asked to do.
Pros
Monthly Bonus
Cons
Negative atmosphere
Not somewhere I would chose to try to maintian a career
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2012
The training program is non-existent and the management is extremely unprofessional.
Pros
short weekend shifts
Cons
overall unhappy workplace
Great place to work everyday.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 January 2015
I have learned alot while working for The Cash Store Financial, i learn to do Purolator invoicing, deliver mail to the right department, and organize incoming mail from 500 branches and deliver the documents to the correct department. i get along with all of my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my day is to keep busy getting tasks done.
Pros
Every 2 weeks we all get corporate lunches which is really nice.
Cons
Not so much cons for me.
Good Benefits
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan10 October 2012
Good benefits, too many managers with different policies.
Production work environment with great customer service relations
Financial Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON1 February 2013
A typical day begins with opening the cash, direct cash printouts from the previous day, posting pre authorized payments for current day, filing out the opening sheet for manager to send to regional, and turning the open sign on for the day! As customers come in, I pay out their loan by either cash or interac, file out a new update sheet if required and then issue the customer a new loan with the amount requested. Ensuring all sheets are signed is vital for their files as well as copying updated pay stubs and banking information. Completing 2 cash balances throughout the day and making sure the store is balanced. After files are signed off by manager the files can then be filed.
I have learned that dealing with the public with their money requires a lot of patience. When a customer is upset with their file or amount of a outstanding loan it takes quite a bit of explaining the rules and policies of our company to them. As well as dealing the collection calls and setting pre authorized debits can be the hardest part of this job. Co workers are great to work with and we all figure out new things together.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay could be a little better

2.9