This position is being advertised by the Career Foundation, a results-oriented non-profit organization and registered charity (reg. #12265 9048RR 0001) that has been serving people across the Greater Toronto Area successfully since 1988. As a Service Excellence Organization, we are committed to providing the highest quality service possible to ensure that our job seeker clients and our employer partners reach their goals.
This position is offered through the Youth Employment Fund provided by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, and preference will be given to those candidates who are:
- Under the Age of 29
- Out of school or attending school part-time
- Out of work or working less than 20 hours a week
- Resident of Ontario
The employer that we are currently working with has an exciting opportunity as an:
Equipment Qualification & Validation Engineer
Temporary Full-Time (15 month contract approximately)
Weekday & Weekend Shift Schedule
Must be able to commute to Alliston, ON
The main focus of this role is on the Qualification of Pharmaceutical Liquids Processing Equipment.
Description of Duties:
- Responsible to plan, manage, and execute the start-up, commissioning, and validation of new equipment, assist in the creation of company cleaning and process validation master plans, and other projects.
- Write and execute validation protocols, such as Installation, Operational, and Performance Qualifications (IOPQs), Process Validations (PVs), and Cleaning Validations (CVs).
- Ensure process and project documentation is accurate and update procedures as required
- This role will require working during off-shifts and weekends in order to executing Commissioning & Validation efforts during plant downtimes / shut-downs.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field. (BioChemical/Chemical/Mechanical Engineering, Microbiology, Chemistry/BioChemistry, are considered assets.
- Experience in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) environment.
- Strong time management and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to make decisions given sufficient input and support.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, specifically clear and concise report writing ability.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project.
- Understanding of liquid processing equipment and systems. Experience working with pharmaceutical liquids processing systems (Design/Commissioning) is an asset.
- Previous experience in authoring and executing Validation Protocols within a regulated environment is a strong asset.
- PLC/Automation experience is an asset.
Please reply to this posting with your cover letter and resume outlining relevant qualifications.
Indeed - 6 months ago