The Canadian Red Cross Society

The Canadian Red Cross Society Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Anotomey with the job and always meeting new people
Program Coordinator - (Administration) (Former Employee), Kentville, NSJuly 31, 2012
Pros: office was located very close to my home
Cons: long hours, not enough suppport systems in place, too much unwarranted critism
Multi-faceted, fast paced, diverse and very rewarding.

I learned much about needs not only in my province but in a World wide capacity. Giving BACK is so important and encourages others to do the same...very rewarding

My co-workers were mostly volunteers, but I did appreciate my supervisor and manager;as they helped with guidance and mentoring at – more... times, but were not pro-active in my day-to-day job, with the exception of making critism.

The most difficult part of the job was actually finding the 'balance' between work and personal time. Although we were paid a decent salary and had really excellent benefit package, the additional time put into the job on extra activities such as meetings, fund raisers and in times of crisis... make it difficult to find balance at t imes. Also I found the political climate of the Organization fraught with negativity. Personalities should NOT come into play, particularly with this type of non-for-profit organization.

The most enjoyable part of my job with the Red Cross was helping others and relating to families in crisis, plus working with wonderful volunteers! – less
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 30, 2012
Pros: great coordinators of program to work with
Cons: not a salaried volunteer job
Great team coordination and sincere about safety of clients. Flexible schedules to assist and participate in their volunteer program with challenged and older adults.