Competition # 2013-007
Are you looking for a fun, rewarding and challenging project that entails increasing revenue for a not for profit charity? Do you want to use your creativity and passion to help an organization go beyond its present boundaries? If your answer is yes, The Canadian Hearing Society (CHS) has a great opportunity for you. CHS is seeking the services of a qualified Business Development Consultant to review its revenue-generating programs and develop recommendations to build sustainable, diversified revenue streams in its revenue generating programs, namely:
- Hearing Aid Sales and Services
- Communications Devices Sales and Services
- Accessibility Consulting
Scope of Work & Deliverables:
You will work with the Senior Leadership Team, Regional Directors and Program Directors to:
- Conduct market share analysis of sales and develop targets in designated product categories and services [OIS (Ontario Interpreting Services), CART (Communication Access Realtime Translation), CDP (Communication Devices Program), HAP (Hearing Aid Program), and fundraising].
- Develop a plan for the first 2 full operating years of the revenue-generating programs, while taking account of capital and operating costs, revenue sources, human resources, etc.
- Create a detailed timeline and plan for implementation.
- Identify and recommend potential growth opportunities strategies.
- Identify risks and make recommendations to mitigate risks to financial forecasts.
- Create measurement tools to identify and assess progress.
- Create and disseminate training plan for management and staff.
- Business Degree from an accredited University.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years’ relevant experience in developing business plans for revenue-generating programs, preferably in the not for profit environments.
- Knowledge of effective social enterprise strategies.
- Experience in the health and social service sectors an asset.
Term of Contract:
Six (6) Months with Possibility of Renewal
Reports to President and CEO
Interested applicants are required to submit a proposal that includes the following:
- Brief CV of all the consultants highlighting relevant experience and qualifications
- A description of similar business development services provided in the past five (5) years
- An outline of a work plan including timelines of activities/deliverables
- A budget for the project including all expenses and GST
- Three (3) references from previous projects that relate to this RFP
- Consultant’s contact coordinates including email
Deadline for Submissions:
Interested applicants must submit a proposal by 5 pm on February 5, 2013 and only those selected will be contacted for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CHS will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Email Submission with Business Development Consultant in the Subject Line.
THE CANADIAN HEARING SOCIETY SUPPORTS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION HIRING PROCESS FOR CULTURALLY DEAF, ORAL DEAF, DEAFENED, AND HARD OF HEARING APPLICANTS.