We need an outstanding marketing communications leader to take our brand to the next level
The Canadian Hearing Society (CHS) is a dynamic and growing not-for profit organization. We have built a remarkable track record of success over almost 75 years. We are a leading provider of services, products, and information that remove barriers to communication, advance hearing health, and promote equity for people who are culturally Deaf, oral deaf, deafened and hard of hearing.
Unique in North America, CHS offers a wide range of services through a network of 28 offices across Ontario and partnerships across the country. Our mission is to make a difference in people’s lives.
About the opportunity
We need an experienced and highly talented marketing and communications professional to tell our story in compelling new ways. Success in this job requires exceptional leadership, and marketing and communication, project management, critical thinking and interpersonal skills. If you have had success leading marketing and communications teams, building awareness, engagement and getting results, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Vice President of Fundraising and Strategic Communications, the Director of Marketing and Communications has the following key responsibilities:
- Develop, and put into action marketing and communications strategies and plans that support the achievement of CHS goals and the objectives
- Develop, implement, manage and evaluate CHS marketing and communications initiatives that build a strong brand and a high profile in Ontario, and across Canada
- Provide advice to the senior management team on public relations, marketing and communications issues and activities
- Lead a team of marketing, public relations and digital communications specialists
- Develop and manage the Marketing and Communications Department’s budget
- Design and conduct stakeholder engagement activities by successfully using a wide range of traditional and non-traditional channels and tactics
- As a key CHS spokesperson, develop and lead media relations initiatives that draw local, regional and national attention
- Oversee the management, design, content and production of all print and web materials produced by the organization and act as the steward of the agency’s visual identity
- Manage the work of a CHS Agency of Record and oversee the work of outside suppliers, printers, writers, and consultants
- Support the agency’s fundraising and advocacy efforts
- Oversee and manage the CHS Website including its e-store, development of CHS Annual Report, and the CHS magazine, Vibes
Experience, knowledge, skills and other requirements
- Minimum 10 years experience in public relations; marketing and communications including progressive management and leadership roles.
- Demonstrated success developing and managing integrated and impactful marketing and communications strategies and plans
- Knowledge, skill and experience in the use of a wide range of communications tactics from media relations to social media
- Successful use of corporate social responsibility, social media, and other engagement tools to build partnership and community, and drive the achievement of business objectives
- Demonstrated experience in research and evaluation methodologies to ensure marketing and communications return on investment
- Outstanding writing, editing and presentation skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting, collaborate effectively and manage competing priorities and timelines
- Extensive experience in healthcare, not-for-profit and/or non-governmental settings is an asset
- Designation as an Accredited Business Communicator (ABC), Accredited Public Relations Practitioner (APR), and/or Communications and Advertising Accredited Professional (CAAP) is desired
- Some evenings/weekends and travel required
- American Sign Language (ASL) is required or a willingness to learn via CHS hosted-training
- A university Degree or College Diploma in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing or the equivalent.
We want to hear from you
If you are a great match for this role, submit a cover letter that highlights relevant experience and qualifications, as well as a detailed resume. The deadline for applications is February 18, 2013. Please quote “Director of Marketing and Communications Position #CHS 2013-005
SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO:
MANAGING PARTNER, LOCOMOTIONPR
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. The Canadian Hearing Society is an equal opportunity employer. www.chs.ca
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CHS will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.
THE CANADIAN HEARING SOCIETY SUPPORTS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION HIRING PROCESS FOR CULTURALLY DEAF, ORAL DEAF, DEAFENED,
AND HARD OF HEARING APPLICANTS.