It starts with you. It’s an experience only Calgary can provide – the freedom of open spaces, the comfort of Western hospitality, a spirit of innovation and an inspired sense of community. For visitors and residents alike, our airports are the first and last impression of what makes Calgary unique. It starts with our modern environment, superior service and commitment to safety above all. It starts with our reputation for excellence and personal pride. The energy starts here. It starts with you.
The Calgary Airport Authority is a not-for-profit non share capital corporation, responsible for the management, maintenance, operation and development of the Calgary International Airport and Springbank Airport under a long-term lease from the Government of Canada.
Reporting to the General Manager, Electrical, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and direction to staff and facilitate a positive, energized work environment. The individual must be a team player, establishing and maintaining good working relations with employees and clients. The ability to independently establish priorities and meet deadlines is essential while ensuring airfield electrical operations are running at optimal efficiency. This safety-sensitive position is responsible for the following duties:
- Providing leadership, direction and support to the Airfield Electrical team. Establish performance goals with staff that align with the strategic direction of the company. Evaluate and provide feedback on the performance and development of staff.
- Managing the airfield electrical maintenance program by developing and organizing the maintenance and capital programs.
- Preparing and managing the operations and maintenance budget of 850K and an annual capital program. The capital program for 2013 is 2+ million.
- Overseeing, managing, delegating and evaluating the performance of on-site contractors responsible for providing airfield electrical services in a 24x7 environment to Authority.
- Managing airfield electrical energy use, analyzing future energy requirements and recommending energy use reduction strategies.
- Ensuring preventive/corrective and routine maintenance functions are properly conducted while maintaining quality standards.
- Conducting inspections of electrical equipment and systems to ensure proper operating condition.
- Providing a safe working environment for your team and contractors; updating the Authority Electrical Safety Procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable federal, provincial and industry standards.
- Writing technical specifications and scopes of work for inclusion in numerous construction and maintenance contracts and overseeing work conducted under terms of contract.
- Post-secondary education in engineering, journeyman electrician and/or business administration.
- Ten or more years in the electrical field with five years supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code Part 1, Building and Fire Safety Codes.
- Demonstrated experience in the operation and administration of a Facility Maintenance Management System [FMMS].
- An understanding of Canadian Aviation Regulations, [CARS], Transport Canada Aerodrome Standards and Recommended Practices and TP312 considered an asset.
- Ability to secure an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit (AVOP).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC).
How to Apply:
This position is open to Calgary Airport Authority staff and external candidates. If this position interests you, please submit your resume and covering letter, quoting competition number 2013JH-23 by 1600hrs, to:
The Calgary Airport Authority
2000 Airport Road N.E., Calgary, Alberta T2E 6W5
Fax: (403) 717-2216
All applicants are thanked for their interest but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The Calgary Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Successful candidates will be required to obtain the Restricted Area Identification Card.
Successful candidates for safety sensitive positions will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment to confirm fitness for work.
The Calgary Airport Authority complies with PIPEDA. By forwarding your resume, you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept confidential.