The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited

The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Ineffective management, horrendous training
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 6, 2016
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Expected to know complicated leasing language with no proper training, direct management needs development
Thrown into a world where you need to hit the ground running although you have no idea what you are doing. Manager of department is not able to figure out how best to train and retain for this particular position. Said manager also fired previous employee and blocked that individual from moving departments. The procedures to get things done are ridiculous and redundant.
very challange workplace
Development Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
the best ever place to work, great management and coworkers. I learned a lot and for my achievements I appreciate my manager
Great Company/Employee Engagement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Great work/life balance. Competitive salaries. Great opportunities for advancement. Employee engagement is high, with events every quarter. Hardest part of the job is dealing with demanding high profile tenants. Best part of the job is location.
Company with a great job culture
Administrative Coordinator-Finance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2016
A typical day is very busy, but your hard work is rewarded with genuine appreciation from management and great perks. I work with a great team.
My supervisor is always very supportive, ensuring I have the tools to succeed in my role.
Working in administration means a high volume of tasks and lots of running around on certain days.
Great learning environment with great Management
Guest Services Representative (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: Evenings/Weekends
Cadillac Fairview is a great company.
Have really enjoyed working with Management and Co-Workers.
Have learned many things like exemptions from laws in regards to gift cards.
Great job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
Cadillac Fairview is a great place to work very employee and customer service oriented. The hardest part of the job is long hours per shift.
Good People
Manager, Security (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2015
While working there I had the chance to work with a lot of smart and honest people. Great company to work for that care and looked after its employees.
Great Staff, fun workplace, and freedom
Customer Service/Cashier/Customer Experience (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBApril 23, 2015
Pros: unlimited play
Cons: Could be a bit stressful
Ensure safety and great customer service.
It was very important to stay positive, because your mood influenced your work ethic.
Once you proved yourself management would entrust you with more responsibilities.
The hardest part of the job was telling a customer 'no' after someone else had already told them 'yes'.
The job had great benefits, and by making people smile made it even more rewarding.
At Cadillac Fairview we work hard but we also play hard. There is a Happy Hour once a month!
Marketing Director (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: fair pay and great benefits
Cons: too many meetings
Working at Cadillac Fairview is rewarding because every day is different. When you look back over the last quarter it is really impressive what gets accomplished. The team is close knit and works hard, but have a lot of fun regardless of workload. People are the main reason for the culture being what it is.
Organized
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free uniform
Typical day was busy depending and leaned different kinds info for Toronto.Management was kind and co-works helped out and knowing most of everything in the mall was hard.Enjoyed serving people
Ce{t la vie
ex, llong time ago (Former Employee), Chinok Shoping Center in CalgaryNovember 28, 2014
Nice people to be working with, but some, a few the believe been police, arrogant, lack 0f manners, specially some women.
I saw a blondie one screaming to an Indian Security Guard, not one , just twice, very disrepect,
She was wearing her uniform with out ironing and dirty heavy shoes.
Somebody must to stop and fired this woman
Great Place to work
OFFICE ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2014
Pros: learning possibilities and advancement
Fast paced atmosphere, various learning curves and unlimited advancement possibilities.
Management is fair with employees, union or non union workers combined.
Hardest part of the job would be job availability. Placement for this company is highly competative.
Job security
Senior Manager Operations Chinook Centre (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 30, 2014
Liked my position and my direct reports. Had been in this position for 24 years.
Underpaid and overworked
Former employee (Former Employee), AlbertaApril 3, 2014
Pros: conferences
Cons: low pay & mega stress
Senior management does not have a clue on how to run a department or does not have the education or knowledge to provide any positive feedback to their managers. Worked 50+ hours a week and for what?.....low pay and mega stress.
Challenging work environment.
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 8, 2014
Tight timelines and stringent financial reporting requirements make working in the accounting team a definite challenge. However, there is lots to learn and a sense of accomplishment at the end of a task. Managers are approachable and willing to teach. Co-workers are always willing to lend a hand.

Main lesson learned: the importance of multi-tasking and prioritizing.
How can anyone say anything good about them...
security (Former Employee), calgaryDecember 21, 2013
Pros: experience, not being unemployed
Cons: every day of life lived in that place is at least a place of unreal purgatory
A typical day at work when I dealt with management they were quick to act as though the staff were incompetents and they had little reason to keep us. I felt bullied and berated and this also led to feelings of inadequacy amongst the staff towards each other. Every day I was at work I wondered if this would be the day they would fire me. Certainly an unpleasant experience. The only way to advance was to suck up to the company staff regardless of how much or how little work staff actually did, the pay was terrible. The best part of the job was the one time I stopped a shoplifter and helped old people back to their cars.
Wonderful Company!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 15, 2013
Assisting customers, faced paced!! Always a challenge. I had the best team of girls to work with.
Amazing benefits, and a history of employee advancement
Customer Service Represantive (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 19, 2013
Cadillac Fairview is a great company that is spread out all over Canada. They know how to treat their employees and are constantly reviewing their benefit package to ensure they don't just meet industry standards, but go above & beyond.
As well there are many employees who I have worked with who started at the bottom and have been working their way up over the years.
In the service centre in Vancouver we had a fast paced environment as 3 of us took care of all tenant issues related to 13 properties. This included not only dispatching maintenance staff for immediate issues but also working with security and management for issues related to construction and safety issues. I loved the busyness, and the idea that while on the surface the job looked mundane you really never knew what would was going to happen on a day to day basis.
Focus is completely on the best possible experience for the guest.
Seasonal Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Fairview, ABJune 17, 2013
Pros: great teamwork and attitude.
Cons: couldn't think of one.
Great company with great employees, one of the best experiences of my life. I'm sad to say that they no longer own erin mills town centre.
Fun Place To Work
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Process payroll for several Cadillac Fairview Malls
Met some really great people who made me feel at home the first day I started.
I was sorry to see the maternity contract end
Employees