The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited

The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited Employee Reviews

HVAC Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
Fast pace environment, handling various problems dealing with the building environmental systems, and client comfort.

excellent co-works are able to provide assistance or advice on array of topics/problems.

the hardest part is trying to please everyone all of the time.

the most enjoyable part is being able to successfully complete a job, that has been a off-on problem for a period of time.

Management is hands-off, but available to provide information or assistance as they were former workers and have a unique understanding of the problems and can arise.
Pros
great salary/benifits, work enviroment
Cons
having to stay late for last minute problems.
Ineffective management, horrendous training
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 April 2016
Thrown into a world where you need to hit the ground running although you have no idea what you are doing. Manager of department is not able to figure out how best to train and retain for this particular position. Said manager also fired previous employee and blocked that individual from moving departments. The procedures to get things done are ridiculous and redundant.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Expected to know complicated leasing language with no proper training, direct management needs development
Great Company/Employee Engagement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 February 2016
Great work/life balance. Competitive salaries. Great opportunities for advancement. Employee engagement is high, with events every quarter. Hardest part of the job is dealing with demanding high profile tenants. Best part of the job is location.
Great company to work with.
Revenue Coordinator for 3 Office Towers (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
Cadillac Fairview has a great work environment and wonderful people as co-workers. Benefits and retirement plans exceptional. The company is highly active with participating within the community.
Unorganized and uneducated
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2016
Management was poorly executed. As a guest services representative when new policies were formed they were never properly communicated. Things were passed down through the 'grape vine' and then you were reprimand for not following correct "procedure". Women/girls were very catty and unprofessional from management.
Great company to develop your career with chances to grow inside
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2016
As a Building Operator or Maintenance Engineer, there are a lot of opportunities to learn and fulfill your professional needs as a mechanical engineer, there are chances to work with industrial equipments (high power pumps, chillers, heat exchangers, cooling towers, FCUs, RTUs, Fans and Generators), also with high end technology such as the heating plants' control through automatized system.
Pros
CF is One of the Best Managed companies
Cons
Sometimes it became quite repetitive, but that also could means new opportunities to improve operations
jibberish
Development Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
jibberish, jibber-jabber and gobbledygook refer to speech or other use of language that is nonsense, or that appears to be nonsense. It may include speech sounds that are not actual words, or forms such as language games or highly specialized jargon that seems non-sensical to outsiders.
Company with a great job culture
Administrative Coordinator-Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2016
A typical day is very busy, but your hard work is rewarded with genuine appreciation from management and great perks. I work with a great team.
My supervisor is always very supportive, ensuring I have the tools to succeed in my role.
Working in administration means a high volume of tasks and lots of running around on certain days.
very challange workplace
Development Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2016
the best ever place to work, great management and coworkers. I learned a lot and for my achievements I appreciate my manager
n/a
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2016
Great place to work for. Friendly team, meaningful/challenging work. However, no room to grow.

Great experience.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto18 May 2016
Learned everything I know about the industry because of the great leadership and fun experiences. I reported to the VP and was given exciting and new opportunities to learn each day. My co-workers gave me every chance to succeed and ensured I was enjoying my summer internship.
Great learning environment with great Management
Guest Services Representative (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2016
Cadillac Fairview is a great company.
Have really enjoyed working with Management and Co-Workers.
Have learned many things like exemptions from laws in regards to gift cards.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Evenings/Weekends
Great Staff, fun workplace, and freedom
Customer Service/Cashier/Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB23 April 2015
Ensure safety and great customer service.
It was very important to stay positive, because your mood influenced your work ethic.
Once you proved yourself management would entrust you with more responsibilities.
The hardest part of the job was telling a customer 'no' after someone else had already told them 'yes'.
The job had great benefits, and by making people smile made it even more rewarding.
Pros
unlimited play
Cons
Could be a bit stressful
At Cadillac Fairview we work hard but we also play hard. There is a Happy Hour once a month!
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2015
Working at Cadillac Fairview is rewarding because every day is different. When you look back over the last quarter it is really impressive what gets accomplished. The team is close knit and works hard, but have a lot of fun regardless of workload. People are the main reason for the culture being what it is.
Pros
Fair pay and great benefits
Cons
Too many meetings
Great Place to work
OFFICE ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2014
Fast paced atmosphere, various learning curves and unlimited advancement possibilities.
Management is fair with employees, union or non union workers combined.
Hardest part of the job would be job availability. Placement for this company is highly competative.
Pros
Learning possibilities and advancement
Cons
the staff were fun to work with
Assistant Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 March 2013
Most days were long unless it was Christmas Gift Certificate Sales. There was a hiarchy management format. After Sister Mrg. where we were empowered, I had a difficult time not stepping on managements' toes.
Pros
parking spot, benefits, fun co-workers
Cons
management, boring
Amazing benefits, and a history of employee advancement
Customer Service Represantive (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 August 2013
Cadillac Fairview is a great company that is spread out all over Canada. They know how to treat their employees and are constantly reviewing their benefit package to ensure they don't just meet industry standards, but go above & beyond.
As well there are many employees who I have worked with who started at the bottom and have been working their way up over the years.
In the service centre in Vancouver we had a fast paced environment as 3 of us took care of all tenant issues related to 13 properties. This included not only dispatching maintenance staff for immediate issues but also working with security and management for issues related to construction and safety issues. I loved the busyness, and the idea that while on the surface the job looked mundane you really never knew what would was going to happen on a day to day basis.
How can anyone say anything good about them...
security (Former Employee) –  calgary21 December 2013
A typical day at work when I dealt with management they were quick to act as though the staff were incompetents and they had little reason to keep us. I felt bullied and berated and this also led to feelings of inadequacy amongst the staff towards each other. Every day I was at work I wondered if this would be the day they would fire me. Certainly an unpleasant experience. The only way to advance was to suck up to the company staff regardless of how much or how little work staff actually did, the pay was terrible. The best part of the job was the one time I stopped a shoplifter and helped old people back to their cars.
Pros
Experience, not being unemployed
Cons
every day of life lived in that place is at least a place of unreal purgatory
Ce{t la vie
ex, llong time ago (Former Employee) –  Chinok Shoping Center in Calgary28 November 2014
Nice people to be working with, but some, a few the believe been police, arrogant, lack 0f manners, specially some women.
I saw a blondie one screaming to an Indian Security Guard, not one , just twice, very disrepect,
She was wearing her uniform with out ironing and dirty heavy shoes.
Somebody must to stop and fired this woman
Great job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2015
Cadillac Fairview is a great place to work very employee and customer service oriented. The hardest part of the job is long hours per shift.

The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited Reviews by Location