The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited

The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited Employee Reviews in Canada

Ineffective management, horrendous training
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 6, 2016
Thrown into a world where you need to hit the ground running although you have no idea what you are doing. Manager of department is not able to figure out how best to train and retain for this particular position. Said manager also fired previous employee and blocked that individual from moving departments. The procedures to get things done are ridiculous and redundant.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Expected to know complicated leasing language with no proper training, direct management needs development
Great Company/Employee Engagement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 11, 2016
Great work/life balance. Competitive salaries. Great opportunities for advancement. Employee engagement is high, with events every quarter. Hardest part of the job is dealing with demanding high profile tenants. Best part of the job is location.
Great company to develop your career with chances to grow inside
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 9, 2016
As a Building Operator or Maintenance Engineer, there are a lot of opportunities to learn and fulfill your professional needs as a mechanical engineer, there are chances to work with industrial equipments (high power pumps, chillers, heat exchangers, cooling towers, FCUs, RTUs, Fans and Generators), also with high end technology such as the heating plants' control through automatized system.
Pros
CF is One of the Best Managed companies
Cons
Sometimes it became quite repetitive, but that also could means new opportunities to improve operations
Company with a great job culture
Administrative Coordinator-Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2016
A typical day is very busy, but your hard work is rewarded with genuine appreciation from management and great perks. I work with a great team.
My supervisor is always very supportive, ensuring I have the tools to succeed in my role.
Working in administration means a high volume of tasks and lots of running around on certain days.
very challange workplace
Development Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
the best ever place to work, great management and coworkers. I learned a lot and for my achievements I appreciate my manager
Great learning environment with great Management
Guest Services Representative (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Cadillac Fairview is a great company.
Have really enjoyed working with Management and Co-Workers.
Have learned many things like exemptions from laws in regards to gift cards.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Evenings/Weekends
Unorganized and uneducated
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 4, 2016
Management was poorly executed. As a guest services representative when new policies were formed they were never properly communicated. Things were passed down through the 'grape vine' and then you were reprimand for not following correct "procedure". Women/girls were very catty and unprofessional from management.
Great experience.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 18, 2016
Learned everything I know about the industry because of the great leadership and fun experiences. I reported to the VP and was given exciting and new opportunities to learn each day. My co-workers gave me every chance to succeed and ensured I was enjoying my summer internship.
n/a
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2016
Great place to work for. Friendly team, meaningful/challenging work. However, no room to grow.

Great Staff, fun workplace, and freedom
Customer Service/Cashier/Customer Experience (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NBApril 23, 2015
Ensure safety and great customer service.
It was very important to stay positive, because your mood influenced your work ethic.
Once you proved yourself management would entrust you with more responsibilities.
The hardest part of the job was telling a customer 'no' after someone else had already told them 'yes'.
The job had great benefits, and by making people smile made it even more rewarding.
Pros
unlimited play
Cons
Could be a bit stressful
At Cadillac Fairview we work hard but we also play hard. There is a Happy Hour once a month!
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 4, 2015
Working at Cadillac Fairview is rewarding because every day is different. When you look back over the last quarter it is really impressive what gets accomplished. The team is close knit and works hard, but have a lot of fun regardless of workload. People are the main reason for the culture being what it is.
Pros
fair pay and great benefits
Cons
too many meetings
An enjoyable interactive work environment that continuously exercises my creativity, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
Senior Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 29, 2013
I've worked in this dynamic environment for 7 years now and I've grown so much as an individual and employee. I have advances my career and education within the Cadillac Fairview Corp. Ltd. by successfully completing my business Administration Certificate and currently completing my Human Resource Management certificate. I started as a part-time seasonal employee and am currently in the Senior Guest Services position. i couldn't ask for a between team of peers, co-workers and management alike. I love the constant interaction, but sometime language and cultural barriers can cause communication disconnect, finding alternative ways of communication and creating an unforgettable enjoyable experience is what we strive for and produce.
the staff were fun to work with
Assistant Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 14, 2013
Most days were long unless it was Christmas Gift Certificate Sales. There was a hiarchy management format. After Sister Mrg. where we were empowered, I had a difficult time not stepping on managements' toes.
Pros
parking spot, benefits, fun co-workers
Cons
management, boring
Amazing benefits, and a history of employee advancement
Customer Service Represantive (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 19, 2013
Cadillac Fairview is a great company that is spread out all over Canada. They know how to treat their employees and are constantly reviewing their benefit package to ensure they don't just meet industry standards, but go above & beyond.
As well there are many employees who I have worked with who started at the bottom and have been working their way up over the years.
In the service centre in Vancouver we had a fast paced environment as 3 of us took care of all tenant issues related to 13 properties. This included not only dispatching maintenance staff for immediate issues but also working with security and management for issues related to construction and safety issues. I loved the busyness, and the idea that while on the surface the job looked mundane you really never knew what would was going to happen on a day to day basis.
How can anyone say anything good about them...
security (Former Employee) –  calgaryDecember 21, 2013
A typical day at work when I dealt with management they were quick to act as though the staff were incompetents and they had little reason to keep us. I felt bullied and berated and this also led to feelings of inadequacy amongst the staff towards each other. Every day I was at work I wondered if this would be the day they would fire me. Certainly an unpleasant experience. The only way to advance was to suck up to the company staff regardless of how much or how little work staff actually did, the pay was terrible. The best part of the job was the one time I stopped a shoplifter and helped old people back to their cars.
Pros
experience, not being unemployed
Cons
every day of life lived in that place is at least a place of unreal purgatory
Great job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 10, 2015
Cadillac Fairview is a great place to work very employee and customer service oriented. The hardest part of the job is long hours per shift.
Ce{t la vie
ex, llong time ago (Former Employee) –  Chinok Shoping Center in CalgaryNovember 28, 2014
Nice people to be working with, but some, a few the believe been police, arrogant, lack 0f manners, specially some women.
I saw a blondie one screaming to an Indian Security Guard, not one , just twice, very disrepect,
She was wearing her uniform with out ironing and dirty heavy shoes.
Somebody must to stop and fired this woman
Productive, insightful and gained enormous experience working with a talented group of Executives
Vice President - Office Buildings (Former Employee) –  Toronto, CanadaJanuary 11, 2012
An excellent customer focused company who placed a first priority and passion towards Tenant Satisfaction.
Pros
talented, professional, knowledegable executives and senior staff.
Organized
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2014
Typical day was busy depending and leaned different kinds info for Toronto.Management was kind and co-works helped out and knowing most of everything in the mall was hard.Enjoyed serving people
Pros
free uniform
Productive and excellent company.
Tenant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 28, 2012
A typical day at work commenced with: checked my e-mails and responded to the most urgent ones. Reviewed and commented on proposals, working drawings and material sample boards submitted by shopping center prospective tenants. Ditto for existing tenant upgrades. Received telephone calls from various field sub-contractors and advised as necessary regarding the client's current projects. Processed submittals and ensured quick response to RFIs. Processed change orders. Extensive site visit of numerous ongoing tenant construction projects as necessary, to ensure compliance with safety, building code and regulations. Also monitored and evaluated sub-contractor performance to ensure compliance with landlords standards. Conducted post construction checklist. Attended owner/architect pre-bid, project and closeout meetings as necessary.

What i learned aside from the practical application of my technical education was, that any successful project is the result of amicable co-operation between competing interests. I successfully interracted with management, co-workers, negotiated with subcontractors, suppliers, and many individuals involved with various aspects of projects.

The fact that Cadillac Fairview was a very large company, there were many superiors and more experienced managers able and willing to answer any puzzling questions that might arise, hence most of the difficulties of the job were alleviated. Due to the size and excellent organizational culture, people hardly leave the company, hence upward mobility was little difficult for entry level personnels. However, the most
  more... enjoyable part of the job was the provision of very comfortable office space, given considerable latitude, support and tools needed to successfully carry out my duties.  less
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
limited upward mobilty

The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited Reviews by Location