ACCOUNT MANAGER, ADVERTISING SALES
We're looking for an exceptional Account Manager at The Business Exchange Corp.
What does the job entail?
- Making over 150 - 200 phone calls per day - you'll be calling current clients for ad changes, past clients to see if they're interested in advertising again, handling inbound phone inquiries to close them over the phone, etc. Please note that these calls are normally of a duration between 30 seconds and 1 minute, hence the high call volume per day.
- Creating ad booking forms for all clients in the magazine when changes are received.
- Lots of follow up calls and emails during each deadline - must be able to create urgency to ensure all ad changes are received on time, every month.
- Selling back issue clients to get them to advertise in the next issue - encouraging contracts for all advertisers.
- Contract renegotiation when all contracts are approaching expiry.
- Responsible for page layouts in the magazine.
- Resolving client issues as they arise.
- Cross promoting different services to all clients in the magazines.
- Delivering exceptional customer service to all clients.
What's our Work Environment like?
- Busy, busy, busy!
- We're always on a print deadline.
- Very fast paced with no down time.
- Fun & Rewarding!
Who will Thrive at The Business Exchange?
- Someone who can make 150 - 200 plus calls each day, every day.
- Someone with SUPERIOR organization skills.
- Can handle multiple tasks at once (sample scenario - 10 ad changes have come in your email, a client is waiting on hold to speak with you, you're on the phone trying to sell an inquiry, you have a graphics person at your desk waiting to ask you information about an existing client, you have 20 emails to respond back to, etc).
- Someone who is extremely speedy.
- Someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Someone who will take ownership of their role, hold themselves accountable, and be genuinely interested in making the magazines and company grow.
This job is not for the light-hearted. You have to be a naturally fast paced person who will stay until the job is done.
The successful candidate possesses:
- 3+ years sales experience, preferably in media/print.
- Ability to thrive in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Experience building strong client relationships.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Self motivated and highly driven by results - is always pushing himself/herself to achieve more!
- Strong ability to work independently and as a member of a team
You will be required to work until 8pm on print deadlines (approximately 4 days of every month) as well as working occasional trade shows on weekends.
For more information please refer to www.BusinessExchange.ca
Remuneration: competitive salary + commission
The Business Exchange publishes magazines include The Business Exchange – Ontario Edition and BC Edition, The Commercial Exchange and puts...