Our client's Mission Statement says "we want to make the world a more hygienic place to live in while conserving natural resources for a sustainable future. We do that by designing and manufacturing best in class hand hygiene dispensing systems that are used worldwide.'
As the Purchasing Manager, you will help the company improve quality and customer service metrics, while reducing costs in all areas. This is a hands on position with one report.
- Must have 5 years of senior purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have applicable post-secondary education, purchasing certification or equivalent.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Knowledge of Lean principles
- Experience with Kanban and other visual controls.
- Experience with Asian vendors
- Purchasing from local and global vendors
- Purchasing from local and global vendors - commodity and raw materials, engineered components, capital equipment including injection molds, samples for engineering
- Vendor selection, evaluation and management.
- Train and develop staff.
- Develop and implement cost reduction strategies.
- Set up and manage long term supply agreements.
- Set up and manage purchasing terms and conditions.
- Negotiate favorable payment terms.
- Complete other activities as assigned by manager
Please apply directly to the position on The Burke Group website. Any application received in any other manner will not be considered.
Indeed - 23 months ago
Founded by company principal Anne Charette Tyler, The Burke Group has provided companies in Southwestern Ontario with the highest level of...