Our client is looking for the right individual who can lead, and direct all aspects of the operations and services of the HR division. This 'right fit' person will oversee and inspire the work in Talent Management & Recruiting, Employee Relations, Training and Development, Wellness, Legislative Compliance, Benefits, Compensation and Performance Management, HRIS, and all according Budgets.
This is an excellent opportunity to help grow a role with an established employer in a diverse industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or a related field. Preferred Master’s Degree.
- Extensive and progressively responsible executive experience with all facets of human resources and, developing and negotiating benefits programs, compensation and performance management, talent management and employee relations.
- Current CHRP certification.
- Trusted business partner who assists managers in anticipating, identifying, and resolving issues with sustainable solutions.
- Extensive understanding of Human Resources Strategic issues and challenges
- Exceptional strategic and critical thinking skills and the ability to coach, consult, and work directly with senior managers to translate the needs of the business into HR strategies and actions.
- Ability to facilitate teamwork and staff development.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of organization change / culture transformation process, and deal with changing situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and build, establish and maintain trust and credibility.
- Strong and confident self-starter that values on-going learning and self-development.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of organization, working effectively in a diverse work environment.
- Understand the business issues and opportunities facing the organization, ensuring customer focused services.
- Leads the HR initiative in the creation and implementation of progressive initiatives in all HR areas, including talent recruiting and selection, benefits, compensation, wellness, training, performance management and reward systems, and employee relations that align the people strategies with the organization’s business strategies and that contribute to a motivated workforce.
- Design and develops effective succession planning process to insure management and professional readiness to meet growth plans. Assures adequate cross-training for division coverage and employee development.
- Creates, develops, implements, and evaluates all Human Resource programs and supporting systems to insure an integrated approach to all Human Resource systems, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Provide leadership for all employee relations to assess, investigate, mediate and correct issues.
- Manages recruitment and selection activities for all salaried and represented positions of staff, including Job Analysis and the development and implementation of valid selection tools. Develop strategic workforce plans, and the recruitment and retention strategies to meet the needs of the division.
- Provides leadership and oversight in the research and development of benefits programs and plan design, funding models, negotiation of benefits contracts, and program administration, to insure a strategic and integrated cost effective approach to design, funding and implementation of all programs.
- Manages the development of the annual departmental budget to support annual operating plan.
- Guides the development of education, training, and professional development programs that meet the needs of employees and the organization’s strategic development and succession requirements. Assures availability of adequate training and development opportunities and funding for both salaried and represented employees. Develop an internship program that provides learning and growth opportunities.
- Ensures the efficient design and implementation of on-boarding and orientation of all employees to actively engage new employees and insure a lasting understanding of the culture, ethics, and expectations of the organization.
- Creates a performance driven culture through the development and implementation of a Compensation and Performance Management philosophy and system that optimizes the resources of the District and delivers valued, competitive, and cost effective recognition and reward programs.
- Consults with and mentors managers on employee relations issues. Assures that appropriate corrective actions are consistently administered. Counsels employees when necessary.
- Evaluates Human Resources policies and procedures. Revises and develops new policies and procedures as needed. Assures consistent application and adherence to standards of conduct and performance.
- Oversees record keeping and retention, assuring that support functions are carried out according to prescribed procedures and good customer service is provided.
- Develops metrics of success to evaluate HR performance that define the added value of the services provided by the Human Resources Division.
- Consults with President and Senior Staff in establishing strategic direction for Human Resources function
Indeed - 9 months ago
Founded by company principal Anne Charette Tyler, The Burke Group has provided companies in Southwestern Ontario with the highest level of...