Are you looking for a new challenge and want to direct a team performing planning, policies, land use management and zoning?
Our client is looking for the 'right fit' candidate to step up to the plate and take this opportunity and run with it.
- University Degree in Land Use Planning or related discipline
- Membership in Canadian Institute of planners/Ontario Professional Planners Institute
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of municipal planning experience
- Coordinates and ensures completion of all short and long range planning functions, including growth management
- Supervises and is responsible for all planning and building work
- Provides professional opinion, advice and recommendations to the public and the Municipality regarding planning and development issues, policies and applications
- Evaluates planning and building needs and requirements and makes recommendations for implementation to Council
- Evaluates development proposals ensuring compliance with Provincial, Regional and Municipal policies and regulations utilizing professional judgment and planning principles
- Prepares and presents reports relating to development proposal and Department issues and makes recommendations, including conditions of approval
- Sets annual goals and objectives for the Department to meet the Corporate goals and objectives
- Prepares Official Plan Amendments and various land use by-laws
- Attends Committee and Council meetings, including public meeting to provide advice
- Prepares and presents expert planning testimony at Ontario Municipal Board hearings individually or in consultation with the solicitor
- Prepares the annual budget for the Planning & Development Department
- Prepares and administers agreements required to facilitate development
- Assures efficiency and effectiveness in Department activities and programs
- Hires Department Staff
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Founded by company principal Anne Charette Tyler, The Burke Group has provided companies in Southwestern Ontario with the highest level of...