The new position of Current Product Engineer is being filled to take responsibility for all products being released into Production. This job entails accepting and understanding all aspects of a product as it is being launched into Production, and ensuring that the design intent is met during the transition so that high quality products are launched on time to satisfy customer demands. Current Product Engineering will work together with New Product Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering as a team. Strong ties with all departments will be required ensure that all critical aspects of the Product Design meet with the Manufacturing capabilities of the plant in order to satisfy the customer’s needs. As Products are released to Production, responsibility for their continuing success and maintenance and ongoing cost reductions lies with the Current Product Engineering Department.
- Engineering Education or background.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Attention to detail, process
- MS Project enterprise experience
- Previous ‘hands on’ & product planning experience.
- Mechanical Engineer Certification or equivalent
- Focused on attention to all details
- 5 years mechanical experience
- Product Release process (Phase and Gate).
- ECR Process.
- Finalize, release and maintain Production part drawings, including specifying tolerances.
- Review capability studies with Quality and Manufacturing.
- Conduct or oversee routine product testing, as well as generate or review test reports. This includes testing proposed changes (geometry, materials, etc.), and conducting compatibility testing with product supplied by existing or potential customers.
- Release and maintain product BOM’s in SYSPRO
- Product cost reductions.
- Multi tasking is required at all times.
- Engineering Education or background
Please apply directly to the job posting at : http://www.theburkegroup.com/job_postings/job/240/Current-Process-Engineer
Resumes received in any other manner will not be considered.
Indeed - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard