Reporting to the Toolroom Supervisor. Reads and interprets complex engineering drawings and work-process documentation. Designs, builds, and repairs molds used to mass-produce plastic components. Builds precision mold components using conventional and numerically controlled metal-cutting machines and equipment, including saws, drills, grinders, lathes, mills, and EDMs (electrical discharge machines). This includes, but is not limited to, bench work, working on molds that are mounted in the Injection Molding Machine.
- Certified Mould Maker
- Plastics and Molding experience
- Environment, Health & Safety
- ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Mechanical Aptitude / Physical Ability
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates confidence operating and maintaining a variety of conventional machine tools to cut, turn, mill, plane, drill, bore, and grind or otherwise shape work pieces to prescribed dimensions and finish.
- Fabricates and assembles components using hand tools to ensure completed tools, dies, jigs or fixtures working properly.
- Uses precision measuring instruments such as vernier calipers and micrometers to check finished parts to make sure they measure up to specifications.
- Investigates and performs corrective measures to repair Hot Runner Systems.
- Prepares work order inspection reports, interpreting areas of concern while referring to the BOM, standards and tolerances.
- Logs and maintains preventative maintenancedocuments in the tool binders
- Interacts with process team members to determine root cause of molding issues and ensures that corrective and preventive action is implemented.
- Attains high level of precision while work under pressure and adhering to tight deadlines.
- Works independently with minimal supervision
Apply directly to the job posting: