As a member of the Administration and Accounting team, the primary responsibility of this position is to carry out the administrative duties of accounts payable, and to support the other general administrative requirements of the daily office operations. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources & Administration, with dotted line responsibilities to Head Office Finance Department.
- Minimum high school education, post-secondary education in a business related discipline preferred.
- 2-5 years experience in accounts payable/accounting – payroll experience an asset, general office/clerical experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- good computer/ keyboarding/ data entry skills essential– proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required (Word, Excel) – “Dynamics” (Axapta) or MRP experience an asset
- Match all receiving with invoices and corresponding purchase orders
- Review discrepancies with Purchasing Department
- Process matched invoices through the “Dynamics” System on the computer
- Process inter-company expenses
- Invoice as required for inter-company related equipment/materials
- Enter approved expenses for payment ensuring proper general ledger coding is utilized
- File invoices for future payment
- Prepare weekly cheque run for Accounts Payable
- Select invoices for payment (approval from Finance Dept.)
- Print cheques once selection is approved
- Pull corresponding invoices to match cheque amount, send cheques to supplier with enclosures if required
- File cheque copies with attached invoices in Suppliers Files
- Maintain supplier & inter-company payables files
- Maintain the Accounts Payable Vendor Master for new suppliers
- Respond to vendor inquiries for payment
- Posting entries to General Ledger as required
- Month-end Reporting as assigned.
- Back-up and eventually become responsible for weekly payroll, and payroll-related administrative duties as requested – assist with distributing payroll advices, assist with preparing weekly and month-end payroll-related reports and posting to the general ledger, assist with reporting for month-end payroll withholding remittances, assist with benefits processing, backup with WSIB accident reporting paperwork, pick up payroll pouches from bank weekly
- Perform receptionist /switchboard duties as part of regular rotation, and as required for illness/vacation coverage.(automated voice-mail attendant, receptionist takes calls returned to the switchboard)
- Daily processing, approval and transfer of labour hours and lead-hand sheets into Dynamics computer system (Shop Floor Control)
- Backup to pick up mail at post office for vacations/emergencies, or running other errands as required.
- Assist with sorting and opening incoming mail, affix postage to outgoing mail, and ensure adequate postage and postal supplies maintained (express-post envelopes, bills, etc)
- Generally assist with the operation of the office as required, including backup for other administrative/ clerical positions in the event of overflow, absence/ emergency, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
- hours of work are 8:30 a.m.to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday – ½ hour lunch – there may be times it is necessary to exceed these hours to meet deadlines
- temporary to permanent assignment – once on company payroll, this is a permanent full-time salaried position. Company-paid group insurance benefit package after 3 months probationary period, company pension after 6 months of employment.
Indeed - 16 months ago
Founded by company principal Anne Charette Tyler, The Burke Group has provided companies in Southwestern Ontario with the highest level of...