About The Brownstone
The Brownstone is a social drinking house located in downtown Orillia. The bar is currently a popular venue for both local and visiting musical acts. The Brownstone also prides itself on having a unique selection of beers on tap and available in cans and bottles.
General Job Definition
Supports the owner, the administrator and fellow staff members in the day to day operations of the bar (bar cleanliness, set-up, and inventory management). This person is responsible to perform opening and/or closing procedures, prepare drink orders, operate the POS system and supervise the bar with friendly service and accuracy.
- Collect money for drinks served/balance cash receipts.
- Check identification of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Serve wine, and bottled or draft beer.
- Clean bars, work areas, storage rooms, bathrooms, patio and tables.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
- Order or requisition liquors and supplies; notify supervisors of low inventory and recommend new inventory
- Slice and prepare fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of the bar and patio.
- Help plan bar menus and create drink recipes.
- Prepare appetizers, such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.
- Keep working and service stations clean, well organized and well stocked at all times
- Comply with the Ontario Liquor License Act and fully support the Brownstone’s Health and Safety policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Smart Serve Certificate
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Experience mixing cocktails and knowledge of beverage products
- Experience operating and balancing a cash register
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts; nights, weekends and holidays
- Extensive customer service experience
- Having a vehicle is an asset
Commitment to Philosophy and Vision:
- Displays, supports and promotes the culture of the bar and contributes to its improvements.
- Excellent verbal communication and reporting skills in a variety of situations. Must directly or indirectly provide superior customer service and promote excellent employee relations with co-workers.
- Ability to be highly organized during peak business hours and to handle high volumes at a fast pace while still identifying ways to enhance each customer’s experience at The Brownstone.
- Ability to take the initiative to stay on task and constantly improve job performance.
- Ability to respond positively to ever-changing business needs and customer needs. Willingness to support new programming initiatives and an openness to learn new skills.
If you are interested in this position please e-mail a letter of application and résumé by Monday, December 9th, 2013
We appreciate all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your time.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -