The British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BC SPCA)
The BC SPCA is looking to fill the following part-time opportunity:
Veterinary Assistant – Prince George, BC
The BC SPCA is 119 years young and growing stronger every year. We are a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia. Through our 41 locations throughout BC and provincial office in Vancouver, the BC SPCA provides a wide range of services and programs to help nearly 29,000 animals in distress and need each year.
Our Prince George Spay & Neuter Clinic is now accepting applications for a part-time Veterinary Assistant. As a member of the Prince George Clinic Team, the successful candidate must be adaptable – this is a small Clinic and everyone helps out wherever it is needed regardless of position. The successful candidate has significant animal care experience in a professional setting.
You have excellent people skills, along with the ability and desire to work in a face paced environment. Our Clinic specializes in spay & neuter operations, but also offers basic preventive care. With no evenings or weekend work, this is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to make a difference without sacrificing their lifestyle.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of Veterinary Office Assistant Program
- A sound knowledge of animals, their breeds, characteristics and common diseases
- Experience handling dogs & cats in a professional setting an asset
- Position is physically demanding and includes heavy lifting, pushing and pulling which requires an individual with the ability to maintain a level of fitness and endurance to fulfill the required duties
- Strong computer skills (i.e. MS Office Suite) sufficient to deal effectively with the responsibilities and functions of the position
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated excellent telephone and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt easily to situations at hand
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Successful candidates will be legally entitled to work in Canada and be required to undergo a criminal record check as a condition of employment. To be considered for this opportunity respond to this posting and send us a resume and a cover letter (in Word or PDF format) via email only. We will wait until April 15th, 2014 to hear from you.
To ensure delivery, please use the following subject line for your email: "BC SPCA Job Posting – Vet Asst PGSNC "
No telephone calls please. We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The BC SPCA is a Registered Charity BN 11881 9036 RR0001