BC SPCA Summer Camp Job Opportunities – North Cariboo
The BC SPCA summer camps for kids are held at various locations throughout BC. Our week long camps are designed to teach kids aged 6-14 about pet care, animal welfare, nature and the environment. Spend your summer helping to make a difference by creating a stimulating, fun and positive atmosphere for campers. The position includes working with children at our summer camps/workshops as well as working in our shelter and promoting events. We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Outreach Education Assistant – Prince George for 9 weeks beginning Jun 30th
- The hours of work are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Monday – Friday)
- One week prior to camp is allotted for training and camp preparation
Please visit www.spca.bc.ca/youth/whats-happening for more information about the camps.
The role of the student will be to lead and promote programs including special events and summer camps. When workshops are not in session, the candidate will also be expected to work shifts at the shelter.
- leading and presenting activities ensuring the safety of campers
- providing a fun and inclusive environment
- taking attendance and keeping track of campers at all times
- providing first aid as required
- communicating with senior staff to evaluate and improve the camp
- liaising with parents to deal with any camper issues
- assisting and promoting special educational and fundraising events within the community
- assist with shelter operations which will include cleaning of animal and common areas, providing animal care and assisting with customer service and adoptions at front reception area
Qualifications and Other Job Requirements:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience in team-work with a teachable spirit
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Patient, positive and hardworking
- Ability to communicate and resolve conflict in a constructive and professional manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time and general management skills
- Valid First Aid Certificate is a requirement
- Must be willing to complete a criminal record check
- Applicants willing to work in more than one location are preferred
- Applicants with a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are preferred
- Previous experience with kids or animals is an asset
Other Job requirements:
These positions may be funded by the HRSDC Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ) program. Applicants are required to meet CSJ criteria including:
- must be between 15-30 years of age
- must have been registered in full time studies during the previous academic year
- must intend on returning to school after the summer
Candidates are invited to respond back to this posting and submit a resume and cover letter outlining their suitability for this position as well as their skills in relation to this position.
The deadline to submit an application is May 26th, 2014. Please note that only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
TO ENSURE DELIVERY USE THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT LINE FOR YOUR EMAIL: ‘SPCA Job Posting-Camp-PG’
We thank you for our interest in the BC SPCA; however, applications without a cover letter or the SPCA Camp application form will not be considered.
The BC SPCA is a Registered Charity BN 11881 9036 RR0001