We are looking to fill the following position:
Animal Care Specialist – Surrey, BC
A new direction for community animal care, adoption and education, the BC SPCA Education & Adoption Centre in Surrey is a fast-paced environment perfect for an individual with passion for both animal welfare and community-building.
We are recruiting for a casual on-call Animal Care Specialist for our new Education & Adoption Centre in Surrey. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the branch during the Branch Manager’s absence, including vacation, illness or as needed.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, assisting with volunteer management, community outreach, marketing, retail sales, fundraising, education development and the management of the welfare of adoptable animals at the Centre.
You believe that excellent customer service skills are a must and you always present a professional demeanour. You are highly motivated and able to motivate and inspire a core group of volunteers. You have the ability to engage others as well as work well independently or as part of a team. You are results oriented and focused on getting things done. Your excellent computer skills will assist you in maintaining the comprehensive records of the animals in our care.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post-Secondary Education (or equivalent experience)
- Must have a valid BC Class 5 drivers’ license
- Must have genuine compassion for animals and previous animal care training or equivalent experience
- A sound knowledge of animals, their breeds, characteristics and common diseases
- Philosophical harmony with BC SPCA policies, programs and protocols
- Exemplary Customer Service skills
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work with internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a positive manner
- Highly motivated and able to motivate and inspire a core group of volunteers
- Previous fundraising, volunteer management and media experience an asset
- Proven administrative skills
- Computer skills–Windows, MS Office; knowledge of Shelter Buddy an asset
Successful candidates will be legally entitled to work in Canada and be required to undergo a criminal record check as a condition of employment. To be considered for this opportunity, respond to this posting by sending your resume and cover letter (in Word or PDF format). We will wait until April 30, 2014 to hear from you. Help us make a difference.
TO ENSURE DELIVERY USE THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT LINE FOR YOUR EMAIL:
‘SPCA Job Posting – ACA2 Surrey”
We thank you for your interest in the BC SPCA; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or written correspondence please.
The BC SPCA is a Registered Charity BN 11881 9036 RR0001