The Brick

The Brick Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good environment but low wage
Electronics and Appliances Merchandiser (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: work with good people
Cons: low wage
As a merchandiser daily duties are very repetitive in nature. Management is good overall but you are left to your own devices for the most part, training is subpar. Hardest part of the job is constantly planning for product that is comming in and out of the store on a daily bases.
good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 18, 2015
good place to work lots of customer good pay excellent place for advancement fun enjoyable forty hours per week supervisor very helpful
The Brick ( Richmondhill ) Store Manager complaint .
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: nice employees, richmondhill, store manager, needs to be fired, as well as who ever is accepting this behaviours
Cons: managers - harassment -ppp forced -fake notes on products for fake damage.
Managers will tell you to not clock in & work for free so the #'s look better to head office.The Brick is very dishonest to employee's as well as there clients.They force employee's to write un true comments on products to excuse discounting to protect managers & to stop returns even know the data is a lie.They Force -ppp- on new brick credit cards and force us to add it on to customers credit card with out there knowledge or approval.it can cost any where from 2-3$ per day for customer & its very hard to remove it from credit card with out faxing stuff.Managers can fire you for no reason/cause of any means with out write ups or verbals of any kind.Human resources protects the company & not the employee in any shape or form.The brick is a sketchy -dirty company who lies and rips off customers.This company needs to be investigated & the labour board needs to shut them down.

I will never shop at this company hope the market place rates them.

presidents club champion ...review
Good place to work, Satisfying
Lead Fleet Driver (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: make own time frames
Cons: never know how much freight will be going out in a week.
Friendly place to work. Great experience. Management is really understanding. Just not much security. Never know how many hours you'll get in a week.
Productive company
Customer Service Representative - Call Center (Former Employee), Kirkland, QCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: high volume calls, unable to complete my breaks
As a new beginner I was forced to keep taking calls, unable to write comments in clients folders, did at least 150-200 calls a day unable to take my full lunch/15 minute breaks.

I felt like i was not able to do my job 100% due to the high volume of calls.
Productivity
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: inconsistent schedule
- Typical day at work consisted on cleaning certain areas in the store. Needed to check price tags if promotions were done to bring down. After it was finished you would start work and assist customers.
- Co-workers are friendly, caring, easy to get along with, helpful, and healthy competitors.
- Learned to use Point of Sales quickly on the computer. Able to apply a customer for The Brick card and calling bank if needed. Could provide the customer with knowledge of product and its features and benefits plus warranty.
- Hardest part of the job was when few customers would walk into a store in a day and were not interested in buying, or were in to pay a bill/pick-up. Another hard part was finding the right product for the customer as soon as possible as the products were at warehouse and available in certain days.
- Most enjoyable part of the job is everyday was a new day to learn something new.
Working as a team
Furniture Delivery Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: easy tasks
Cons: heavy lifting
Typical day at work:

Loaded company truck with furniture.
Assembled furniture for customers.
Delivered furnitures for customers.

Co-workers:

Worked as a team.
Horrible place to work!!!
Fleet (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Cons: long hours, no respect, no values with any religion, overall a horrible place to work!!!
Management is horrible. Hours are long and you are not compensated for the amount of time that you work in a 24 hour period. No work-life balance. Lack of respect for workers. Overall a terrible place to work!!!
Fast paced envirnoment
Merchandising, Warehouse, Sales, Customer Service (Former Employee), Leduc AlbertaJanuary 3, 2015
Learned to interface with customers
Deal with irate customers and resolve issues

Lifting heavy furniture was hard at times
Management was fair but demanding

Enjoyed the variety of interactions with customers and staff
Benefits are very good
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 17, 2014
helped pick orders, and prepare deliveries for the next day.
Was a co-op student
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 1, 2014
Pros: open-door policy
Cons: -
I was still pursuing my academics while working here. I was a co-op student. Very nice person to work for. Helpful and there when you had questions.
I like talking to people.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: i liked the management
Cons: i like job improvement which wasnot in my last job.
It was full of competition and fun as well,
since I am educated person I prefer a job in either educational setting or office setting, thats the reason I want to change my job.
I am patient and I like talking to people as it was essential in my previous job.
Friendly work environment with autonomy for the job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 8, 2014
Client queries on phone and in person
Customer service software applications and related processes
The Brick was a productive fun place to work.
Visual Display Merchandiser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 7, 2014
Pros: pain rental cars
Cons: paid hotel accomidation
The management and sales staff were very positive and worked well with me and my decisions to create new display ideas. I had a wonderful work experience and would love to work there again.
Roller coaster like job, fantastic ups with some slow parts
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 17, 2014
Cons: pay cheque was never a guarantee
I loved working with The Brick as a commission salesman. Everything time I saw my pay stub it was because I had earned every cent on it. None of the money was hourly it was just you got paid what you sell. That was the biggest motivator we had as a sales team, competition was present but we were still a team and its only natural to compete among ourselves to be the best. Our managers were always working with us to close a deal because every sale made impacted the store in some way or another, from raw dollar value to attachment numbers. Like all jobs there is a downside however.There are times when the store felt empty of customers mostly during the week or times when you would just wake up on the wrong side of the bed and no matter how hard you tried to stay positive you would spiral into a low sale day and sometimes even a zero dollar day. But all said and done The Brick is a fantastic place to work if you love competition and have a high degree of confidence. I would always recommend The Brick to anyone who is looking for a hard but rewarding job or just needs furniture, a mattress, appliances, and even TVs. Fantastic place!
Small customer service team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 1, 2014
Answered all incoming phone calls. Closed truck sales and took payments.
good place to make money
Sales (Former Employee), Fort St. John, BCSeptember 17, 2014
clean work environment
work with people
good management
lots of opportunities to grow
flowing scedual
Productive, busy and great co workers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), london ontarioSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: poor salary, long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. A typical day is very busy, you must be able to multitask for this position, which I have always been strong in but in the past two years working here I have became stronger at it. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers on a daily basis.
Good COmpany
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Good Company, Good people, Earned valuable experience working there
Poor management
anonymous (Current Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: inconsitent hours, unprofessional workplace.
A typical day at work is being harassed by my manager over the smallest things.
I've learned to be very customer oriented, I usually go out of my way to make the customer feel appreciated.
Management is the worst kind I've ever encounter, don't take real concerns seriously, such as safety or proper equipment. They don't care about you having a life, family comes last with them, very childish, rude, inappropriate flirting with female employers and lots of favoritism.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the poor unprofessional management.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers and dealing with customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Brick

The Brick Ltd. is one of Canada's largest volume retailers of furniture, mattresses, appliances and home electronics. The company – Read more