The Brick Employee Reviews

For hard workers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 October 2016
Don't count on benefits take 6 month before you get anything, and doesn't have good coverage
Depending where you work you can have a nice team to work with.
Schedule is not stable though.
After all the atmosphere of your department depends on your manager.
Pros
Cons
Unstable schedule
Decent Place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON16 January 2016
I started working at The Brick as a Sales Representative. They hire you part-time and make you work full-time hours that way you don't get benefits and if you don't make commission they only have to top up your pay for part-time hours even though your working full-time. It's only worth being a sales rep if you know for fact, it's a busy location. I now work CSR and I find it much better. Pay sucks, no benefits, not much room for growth but the people are amazing to work with, so is management. It's a great place to work if your not looking for a career.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
You will never make more then minimium wage
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
Management is horrible, company held my check, and claimed I didn't work certain hours, and staff members were disrespectful. This location need to get their acts together, and treat people better! If you work customer service (no matter how mad the customer makes you) you should always remain calm! Never heard that kind of disrespect to a customer in all my years of working customer service. Now I know why this location has so many complaints! The reviews says it all!
Great Place To Work
Sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  Regent, MB17 February 2017
I think the Brick has been subjected to very bad reviews. However, in my opinion, it is a great place to work, with great training program and support system. Moreover, it was not the Brick that many people have bad experience with it was the people at the Brick make you dislike it. The sale position is commission-based thus most people are target-oriented sometime they step on each other to get their target. However, if you are a strong, determined and great communicators, this job would not stop you from reaching any goals or force you to compromise your co-workers relationship. My experience and my time at the Brick not only made me a greater stronger person but it also made me a lot of money while working there. Strongly recommended for those with strong personality and great heart
Pros
Well Paid
Cons
Stressful
Pretty horrific experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC15 June 2016
Worked for a total of just over half-a-yea before my call-center (1 of 2 in the country) SHUT DOWN; absolutely no surprise..

Customers are likely to feel they've been cheated out of service, price and/or general product-quality. Constant reviews, business-reports, media-stories and even anti-Brick Facebook groups bring out the apparent opinion many share.

It took me 2-3 months in to realize it wasn't that well managed.. I would have left, but felt I could attempt to serve my customers fair and treat them with respect, and also contacted head-office/higher authorities on multiple occasions, skipping over my immediate supervisors as to avoid a run-around. Even while being praised for my perspective and striving to save both the business and customers, nothing ever happened (in terms of advancements, recognition, or even thank yous). As somebody who studies EQ of business and branding, I at least had a strong contrast to compare AGAINST what one should do to become successful.

Many complaints and experiences led me eventually advise NOT to buy from The BRICK, which again, highlights the incapability of standing behind a product/company you believe in. A terrible job-experience thankfully gave insight to a company as a whole that lacks essential leadership in today's growing age.

The BRICK runs a sprint, and not a marathon when it comes to their brand and how they treat their customers (as a company across Canada).
Pros
It's only 5-days a week
Cons
Lack of Leadership, Poorly Managed, Horrid Customer Service, Unfaithful Store-Policy, Dishonest
Nice place to work . The more hard work you do the more money you make
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 February 2017
Brick a multinational company . As in winter work is slow I need to find a second to survive . Brick is Gud I I've working there .
Everything is Gud nice management and staff . My boss is friendly nature and flexible working ethics there and Gud thing abt is that hard work you do they pay good money and your hard work is paid off nicely . I will review it 5 out of 5.
Pros
Nice pay, bonuses and many more
Cons
Uncertain slow hour days
Fun and Hard Work!
Delivery Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
Good job, keeps you active, body fit and mind clear. Many different customer relations situations. Makes you think on your feet and how to problem solve quickly with minimal errors. Not a job for everyone though, you need to have a mind-set to empower you and keep you motivated as this job is physically demanding.
Pros
Meet a lot of new people on a daily basis.
Cons
Long hours and physically demanding.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON5 May 2016
The brick offers a lot of benefits and real life opportunities that strike the job to be taken accountable for. The staff are lovely, and help you through the training process, and much more!
Pros
20% off
Cons
Not enough hours
Was A Mess
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON31 July 2016
The training was minimal as the supervisor would just do it once and expect the employees to learn the scan gun/computer duties from a "brick university" training program that provided no hands on help.

The store manager was nowhere to be seen when i had questions, especially regarding pay, The operations manager provided no help as well. Basically none of the managers really helped with problems, they only boasted about how we created the problems.
My co workers also felt the same way.

When I first started i didn't get paid for 1 entire month along with some other coworkers. Then once the pay issue was "resolved" I didn't receive my pay for another 3 weeks. I had no answers when asking the managers regarding my pay.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lack Of Management
fun, physical, long drives
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC31 January 2017
this job was great, got to meet customers and see their faces light up when we told them that we have their new furniture and/or appliances, the downside to this job was the fact that we sometimes had to deal with difficult people, but hey ho thats the way it goes.

i was a delivery driver, so my job was to plan out the route for the delivery and then phone the customers to tell them the time frames of when we would be there to drop off their stuff.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
hard on the back
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC13 September 2016
Worked there for just over a year. Very disorganized. Management claims to be there for you to answer all questions but when you ask them anything they yell at you and belittle you. Can ask the same question to 3 diff people and get 3 different answers . Expect too much. No appreciation of anything accomplished. Pick favorites. Employees not treated equally. Was miserable the whole time I was there. Not recommended.
Pros
My co workers
Swamper in Calgary
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 December 2016
I worked as a Swamper doing deliveries in and around the Calgary area, The hours sometimes were really long, Management did not care how long you needed to be out there....
Pros
Not a boring Job
Cons
The Hours
you get what you work for
Customer Service/ Sales (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 February 2017
you get what you put into it. fully sales oriented and customer focus is heavy. opportunity to earn higher if you excel in sales. Opportunity for advancement but you have to really stand out.
Loader
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 August 2016
Management wasn't really around nor was it fun to load trucks on your own. Tons of work place injuries were happening due to the lack of proper training on lifting techniques and team work to team lifts. I got injured at this job and still to this day suffer from a work place injury from the brick. Pay was alright but it was hard to advance in this company as I saw tons of workers that worked there for 30 years and still were loaders and working another job to get past the bills.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Lack of safety training and follow up
You literally pay to be there!
Sales accociate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB12 July 2016
This job pays straight commission but if you don't sell enough to make minimum wage then they give you the money to reach the minimum only to take it from you the next pay check. Absolutely stressful and degrading! How they get away with it I don't understand but its a real morale killer. Management is always negative and is incapable of finding the positive in anything. The longer the employment the worse the employee. Straight commission in this manner is a real poison. Not to say i haven't made some life long friends in being employed there but we all left quite frustrated by the ineptitude of the corporate senility that has effected every position from top to bottom. I learned a lot but an unnecessarily torturous manner. That business needs to start again at a small store level to regain Bill Comery's true vision. I wonder just how much more successful we could have been if we were treated better and not micromanaged to such a high degree.
Pros
Friends I made
Cons
Being micromanaged and ruled by children.
Best place for a commission salesperson EVER!
Sales/Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK11 October 2015
Maybe it was because I had the best regional manager in the history of regional, managers, The Brick stands out as the best place I have ever worked, period, Great pay, great people, great everything.

Highly recommended, particularly for those who want to try out commission sales.

Great benefits, great people, and crazy money if you are willing to work for it. Best managed company ever. Room for advancement everywhere you look.

I wish I had never left.
Pros
Tons of traffic because of tons of money thrown at advertising.
Cons
Having to deal with occasional unrealistic or outright crazy people on customer service issues.
Woulnt work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 February 2017
Management does not treat their employees with respect. Lots of items never in Stock, customers wait months to receive their orders but are told at time of order they will receive in days to weeks
the brick
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2016
A great organization to start out a selling career and build upon your sales and customer service skills, met many wonderful people and had the chance to network with great organizations
Nothing special
Warehouse & delivery (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2016
Typical warehouse job, management is subpar and run by desk jockeys who act like they know whats going on. Talked to "lifers" and employees who have been there for only a few years and there is resentment and disapproval from the employee body all round. Employee request and concerns are rarely heard.

I worked night shift for a while and started drinking coffee ( never did before ) which cause me to use the washroom after each coffee ( one after each break ) the manager had the nerve to question my rest room habits.
dont do it
dont want to say (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 October 2015
I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to work somewhere with low pay, sub-standard benefits, and deal with drama and politics. Then this is the place for you!!! Double standards, and unrealistic expectations? This is the place for you!

Social committee is great, work hours are great.

Everything else isn't.
Pros
social committee
Cons
no advancement opportunities, numerous hr violations and labour board, petty insecure management

2.9