The Brick Employee Reviews in Canada

Don't do it!
not say (Former Employee) –  OntarioMay 9, 2016
I was not trained properly therefore leaving me with tons of error in my preformance. Asking for questions had the whole team looking at me side ways. I felt very degrading in my situation. I felt lack of respect and communication. No one verbally spoke about the areas that needed improvement it was more so let's laugh about you and turn you into a joke.
Pros
If you wanna feel young again and go back in time to your high school days this is the job for you
Cons
Everything to the management to the actuall job.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 5, 2016
The brick offers a lot of benefits and real life opportunities that strike the job to be taken accountable for. The staff are lovely, and help you through the training process, and much more!
Pros
20% off
Cons
Not enough hours
...place shut down
Merchandiser-Sales person (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCApril 4, 2016
It was in Quebec but the experience was aweful

crazy hours, paid like a strawberry picker.

Manager knows less than you and act like he is the king

never again
Good place to work but not much support from Management
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
Entering 80 to 100 invoices in the system as well as telephone orders.
J have learned to prioritizes my job to getting it done on time with minimal errors,
My Managers is and absolute sweet and kind person. when it comes to upper management there is minimal assistance as to the verbal abuse that is received from other managers.
I love my co workers very much we have a wonderful relationship.
Getting all the data entered at a curtain time in the morning.
Pros
wonderful place to work.
Cons
some managers are terriable.
Busy and Great to work with staff
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 14, 2016
I've learned most of my experience and without a doubt my job was secure but the pay was not that great. The co-workers are great to work with and management are great understanding.
Pros
Pay was not secure
Cons
Co-worker and managment are great to deal with
Hard work pays off
Warehouse/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABMarch 9, 2016
Great job for a student or someone who is organized able to lift and able to take orders and keep yourself busy doing work related tasks for the company.
It was a great place to work. Staff were Awesome.
Warehouse; Delivery (Former Employee) –  Camrose, ABFebruary 20, 2016
I met and helped a-lot of customers, they appreciated you. The staff like the help I offered, and the Manager gave me complimates. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Met a-lot of customers, If you do your job, You will get along great.
Cons
Meeting the odd Grumpy customer.
Unprofessional Management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJanuary 30, 2016
The Brick would be a great place to work at if there were a proper management team in place. They offer little to no training to help one excel in their position.
Pros
Commission based income
Cons
Negative atmosphere
Literally the worst job I have ever had
"Warehouse Manager" (Former Employee) –  Gibsons, BCJanuary 28, 2016
I was hired to manage the inventory and delivery at a privately-owned branch. The owner who hired me promised me an office of my own and managerial freedom, then immediately backed down and told me that I was just another guy. The training was nonexistent, as the owner who hired me only showed up every few weeks for a few days or so then took off, and the manager of the store was commission-based and training me was literally a waste of his time and money (I don't mean this negatively, I understood his position). Despite having a serious back injury when I was younger, I was drafted into driving a vehicle I have no training or experience on and hauling and delivering furniture, including huge fridges or other heavy appliances. All efforts to get extra training on the things I needed were met with "later" or "I'll just do it for you". I was finally fired when I finished all my duties early, saw to it that my delivery team was finished all their work early, and went home early - on my birthday.

I have had jobs where I was paid literally to shovel manure or wipe up vomit and they treated me more humanely than this place did.

If I had to offer any advice at all to the owner of this store, it would be to step back and be more hands-off. Oftentimes the right hand had no idea what the left was doing because there were too many cooks in the kitchen, and the morale was absolutely rock-bottom at all times as a result.
Pros
The sales team were very nice, and I ended up closer than I expected with the manager
Cons
Literally everything else
Great Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Was fun working with the people there but there was stressful busy times as well. Hardest part sometimes was working on commission because there is days with no sales but then there are days where you make thousands in sales.
order picking
Warehouse Order picker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJanuary 20, 2016
Use a scan gun to pick items from couches to dishwashers. Drive a pallet jack. Drop the items off to the front. People would sort the items then load them on trucks.
Decent Place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 16, 2016
I started working at The Brick as a Sales Representative. They hire you part-time and make you work full-time hours that way you don't get benefits and if you don't make commission they only have to top up your pay for part-time hours even though your working full-time. It's only worth being a sales rep if you know for fact, it's a busy location. I now work CSR and I find it much better. Pay sucks, no benefits, not much room for growth but the people are amazing to work with, so is management. It's a great place to work if your not looking for a career.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
You will never make more then minimium wage
Poor management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Employees work under high pressure, income based on commission only. No job security for long term, you get paid less for tasks requiring high mental effort.

Poor incentive plans for employees and solely based on Maslow's theory of motivation. They need to change their approach to motivate their employees, employees are scared to lose their jobs and make every possible effort (good or bad) to sell products. Company should use 360 degree performance review for Managers, and employees should be allowed to give honest reviews without any fear of reprisal against them.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor management
Salesman
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kirkland, QCDecember 29, 2015
Salesman in the funrniture and matress department. Cater to customers needs , try to upsell customer by selling warranties and kpi on customer purchases
Decent work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QCDecember 10, 2015
I worked as a CSR for the Brick and it was great. Pay was decent and the work-place was comfortable. Management had it together so it was a good time. Best place I've worked at, stayed there for nearly 2 years.
Fast-Paced Environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 2, 2015
A typical day at the Brick, consist of constant phone calls, confirmed delivery orders and also assisting client at the store with any delivery or pick-up complications.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Management not supportive
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bradford, ONNovember 14, 2015
The brick is a great place to work and learn the skill set necessary for success in the field of sales. It is competitive in nature as it is a full commission environment. The management is excellent and works with employees to develop their potential. Co-workers are competitive but helpful and work well as a team.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not much opportunity for advancement
dont do it
dont want to say (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 28, 2015
I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to work somewhere with low pay, sub-standard benefits, and deal with drama and politics. Then this is the place for you!!! Double standards, and unrealistic expectations? This is the place for you!

Social committee is great, work hours are great.

Everything else isn't.
Pros
social committee
Cons
no advancement opportunities, numerous hr violations and labour board, petty insecure management
Fun place to work especially since it was located in West Edmonton Mall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 25, 2015
Typical day started right on the front lines of selling, on the floor approaching customers. Met all kinds of people from all walks of life. there was to much management there. Everything was micromanaged and made the job feel constricted. But the support system was there.
Pros
Good pay if you have the drive to sell
Cons
Terrible hours and the hiearchy system needed work
Challenging Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 24, 2015
A typical day at my current positions includes ensuring a soft close of business from the day before.

I am responsible to ensure daily accounting reports are run and funds are corrected. Further I ensure that all business is confirmed for a nine day lead time.

I am also responsible for ensuring customers expectations are not only met but also exceeded in their purchases. Lastly, I am responsible for a balanced till and assisting customers at all times whether they be physically at the business or phoning in.

I have been able to excel in my current position and have been recognized regionally as a top performing employee. As such, both my management team as well as my fellow employees often come to me for assistance and advice.