The Brick Employee Reviews

The worst company I ever worked for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON16 August 2017
A brutal company that brutalizes its employees from the top down. Unethical and immoral. The company has formalized harassment in its procedures. I could write more but you get the point.
Pros
Cons
Immoral and Unethical
Meeting new people
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2017
Always remember from my first job, you never too old to learn something new. There always be something to learn and be shown. Work in management for 10 years as a operation supervisor. Enjoy job training and learning new programs. Most important part of the job is seeing the customer satisfy with your work. Having repeat customer is great for my self and the company I work for.
Pros
Employee disount
Cons
Nothing bad
it was a pretty decent place over all
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  British Columbia6 August 2017
not that bad crews where nice i buy there products still and do deliveries with my company for them from time to time over all not that bad of a place to work
Apprentissage
Conseiller aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC5 August 2017
J'ai appris les différentes technique de ventes et le fonctionnement des promotions. Très utile dans ma vie de tous les jours
Pros
Ambiance de travail excellente !!
Cons
Rémunération à la commission ce qui résulte à des payes très instable.
Creative and ever changing environment
Visual Merchandiser/Interior Decorator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2017
Great balance of work home life
Job allows you to show your own creative style and freedom to do so .
Always changing product lineup to keep job and environment fresh but sometimes challenging.
Pros
Sufficient breaks
Cons
Blackout periods for vacation time
Fun job
Order runner, order picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2017
The brick is a good place to get started on a career path. Was a fun environment and had a good time there. Future of big furniture dealers always seems questionable but they are still hanging in!
Good work but unorganized
Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON24 July 2017
In delivery, the day lengths were not fixed. One day would be 4 hours, the next would be 12-16 hours then you'd have the next day off.
Then there was the setup. I am not a licensed plumber. If any hoses let go I am responsible. No. That should not be the case - bring it in, set it down, done.
Fast paced , customer service oriented, physically demanding
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON17 July 2017
It's a great place to work. There is room to advance and the people are great to work for. It can get a little stressful at times but that's work. Overall it's a good job.
Pros
Good hours, bonuses, great management, flexible hours
Cons
Long hours, a lot of responsibility, no benefits
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON17 July 2017
A typical day was generally routine. Answer phone call s and customer enquiries. Place customer orders to get product brought into the store. Schedule deliveries and make arrangement for customers to pick up ordered product
Pros
local
Cons
some nasty customers
Customer Service
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 July 2017
In Canada , It was my first job and learned lot of things. I came to know about culture, atmosphere of doing business.
When customer comes to ask about the product quality. I take keen interest to tell the customer about product quality features.
The workplace
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 July 2017
I was only at the Brick for a short period of time and was not satisfied with the training they gave me to succeed at this workplace. They could have given me more time at this employer to be more successful.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Bad Management
It was a great job but
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB6 July 2017
It was a great job I loved it. Managers were really nice and understanding the work was good, they made sure you understood what was going on and how to do your job. Pay was good hours were great. However because it was compensation sometimes the other employees were intolerable and insufferable. It would almost feel as if they would cheat you on customers the second they could or report you for anything they could so they would keep their job.
Pros
you get to dress nice
Cons
the other employees and compition
Good for retail
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 July 2017
A typical day at work was very busy, with a lot of walking, lifting, and building of furniture. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and meeting lots of people.
Great first Job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 June 2017
The management group I work with is amazing and so are my co workers. I have learned a lot from the management team there, but its just time for me to find a new job, move on and start a new chapter in my life.
Pros
relaxed mangers when it comes to breaks
Cons
High expectations for what you get payed
good.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
you do minimum work like just unloading the truck every tuesday and thursday. take sold products of the floor and wrap it up for the customer and replace that product with another one from the warehouse.
Low pay, low quality, low cares given - unless your in sales.
Credit Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2017
Organization frequently lies to customers and employees alike. Low pay compared to other organizations of similar positions. No benefits. CEO promised no layoffs, after 1 year of making that promise an entire department was laid off.
warehouse specialist
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 June 2017
Made $14 per hour wage, moving furniture onto trucks for delivery and within warehouse. Worked with an exceptional crew nighttime in suburb of Calgary.
Poorly managed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 June 2017
Good learning environment, good first job, possibility for advancement possible. West and East locations poorly run.
Sales people sometimes misinform customers leading to conflict in the CSR dept.
Very well operated
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON9 June 2017
Everything is well looked after both in and out of the store with assistance from all the employees, management and coworkers are respectful and easy to work with and it's all around a very lucky possition to be in.
Good place to work, fast pace work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 June 2017
Very friendly employer. Good learning place. They train well and give opportunity to perform. The remuneration is adequate but the structure may require review time to time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brick. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9