The Brick

The Brick Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a great place to work, only a few bad spots
Order Picker (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 28, 2015
great place to work, has many shining stars in terms of employees, depending on which store you're at the managers can sometimes be an issue. Very accommodating for their staff.
Great company
Store Manager (Current Employee), Brick Mattress Store 9856 Argyll Road EdmontonJuly 22, 2015
Fast paced, well known and respected company that continues to grow market share from one year to the next. Well managed and customer orientated
Fun Work place with nice and kind employees who communicate well.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Scarborough ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Lunch hours are pretty long, and i get long hours
Cons: no work on Thursdays
It usually starts off by me walking into the store saying Hi to the cashier and getting on with my work as a Merchandiser, and also while i am putting up the equipment in the appropriate place, if i see a customer i walk up to them with a smile on face and ask them if i can help them with anything so overall the work environment and my colleagues are very nice and kind who can work well with me and others
Unforgettable place to work!!!!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 9, 2015
Pros: celebrations and break time
Cons: Nothing
A typical day at work was very busy, dealing with many challenges and with wonderful people around, my co-workers were so special, unique and learned so much from them. I learned from management that the most important thing is to focus in solution and not in the problem. I enjoyed too much to work with my boss, he was so smart and quick to solve any situation that was difficult against time and with good sense of humor. The hardest part of the job, I would say to make happy everybody at the same time, but I just tried to be very fair and understanding with everybody. The most enjoyable part of the job, I think everything, the environment was really good, my co-workers very kind and respectful as well as my boss and the work was very entertained because every day was different and unique.
DBA / Senior System Analyst (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 8, 2015
The Brick is my second house. There were good co-workers and managers.Lots of fun and social works. Every employee considered like an assets at The Brick.
Move up the ladder fast!
Operation Manager (Current Employee), BCJune 30, 2015
Pros: fast advancement
Cons: hours of op weekends and evenngs
If you are a hard worker and willing to learn The Brick is a great place to start. Progressing up the company will happen quickly and upper Management will compensate accordingly.

That being said one must always remember that the Brick pushes al ot of product with constant promotions on the roster the environment is busy and sometimes stressful.

This results in a higher than normal staff turn over and a constant need for management to cover for the short staff count.
Stressful but a very good team atmosphere
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), London, ONJune 29, 2015
Great benefit plans, understanding and productive management team, opportunity for advancement or transfers. Roller coaster days - some days are busy, others are slow.
Terrible company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 22, 2015
Pros: NO PROS ANYMORE!!
Cons: NO WORK LIFE BALANCE - NO MONEY - NO INCENTIVES - DEMANDING MANAGEMENT (Starting from the president, down) - THEIR HANDS ARE IN YOUR POCKET - NO RESPECT FOR EMPLOYEES -
I spent 12 years of my life working for this company as a Store Manager and it was great, UNTIL Leon's acquired the company.

They started stealing from employees, they cut the sales consultants commissions, they took away managers' bonuses and incentives and brought some nearly impossible targets to hit so managers would make almost no money.

They increased their prices on customers and told us to not give customers as much discount. in 2014 they had a record year in profitability and they got even more greedy and started taking away more from employees and increased their prices on customers AGAIN.

There is no work life balance, every level of management works you until you end up in a divorce and lose your family by never being home or until you break down.

Their turn over rate has been over 70% in the last year and it's increasing month after month.

STAY AWAY!!!
Fun and productive environment with tons of competition
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMay 1, 2015
Pros: Great training program
Cons: Pay
Fast paced environment with huge focus on sales and attachment rate. Co-workers are very friendly and helpful and was a great environment to work in.
fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 30, 2015
faced paced high stress environment. great managers and coworkers that understand the stresses of life outside of work. coworkers became really great friends.
Not given the traning required for the job
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2015
The work day is not so enjoyable, some co-workers were enjoyable to work with. Management was not great and did not provide the training needed to do your job efficently. The hardest part would be knowing how to use the companies software system for different situations.
It was "okay"
Office Assistant/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: Customers
Cons: Rude staff, unaccommodating management
They were not very accommodating, nor was it always fun to come to work. There are a lot of "caddy" sales representatives and there is always drama to be heard of. However, proved to be fun when you get in the hang of it and can let that kind of stuff roll off your shoulder.
Great Place to work
Sales Consultant/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 18, 2015
Pros: Family Environment, Fun, Friendly
Cons: Pay, Lack of communication.
I love working for the Brick. All the staff are friendly and very knowledgeable. The managers are very staff oriented and everyone gets along. We are just one big family.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 11, 2015
Working at The Brick was a great experience. The Brick taught me a lot about how to work with all different sorts of people with different personalties.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), London, ONApril 10, 2015
Loved my job overall, learned a lot about customer service. I gained a lot of skills and a lot of friends a long the way. The management team is amazing as well as the employees there.
Shortage of clientele
Sales consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2015
A typical day at the brick is looking via the company's website for sales and promotional offers for the week. The management is great the only problem is that there is not a lot of room for advancement unless you move to a different city.My co-workers are great its a pretty tight group of 9 people. The hardest part of my job is the fact that there is not enough customer coming through the door to make a steady income. The most enjoyable part is the constant flow of information from different manufacturers.
Great team & great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/ Office Admin (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 18, 2015
Great atmosphere in the office and merchandising departments. I worked closely with all staff (sales, management, operations, customer service, merchandisers, etc.) and found that everyone helps each other and that is what makes it such a great place to work.
I was a customer service representative and administrator in the small office at a store. I was responsible for tending cash, switchboard, entering sales, invoices, setting up furniture service calls, running accounting reports, returns, exchanges, credits, part orders, assisting with payroll, accounts payable, scheduling, training new employees and ordering office supplies.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with the unhappy and angry customers. It takes a while to build up a thick skin and learn to not take the things angry people say personally. But that is what customer service is all about. Being able to deal with any issue that comes your way.
good environment but low wage
Electronics and Appliances Merchandiser (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: work with good people
Cons: low wage
As a merchandiser daily duties are very repetitive in nature. Management is good overall but you are left to your own devices for the most part, training is subpar. Hardest part of the job is constantly planning for product that is comming in and out of the store on a daily bases.
good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 18, 2015
good place to work lots of customer good pay excellent place for advancement fun enjoyable forty hours per week supervisor very helpful
The Brick ( Richmondhill ) Store Manager complaint .
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: nice employees, richmondhill, store manager, needs to be fired, as well as who ever is accepting this behaviours
Cons: managers - harassment -ppp forced -fake notes on products for fake damage.
Managers will tell you to not clock in & work for free so the #'s look better to head office.The Brick is very dishonest to employee's as well as there clients.They force employee's to write un true comments on products to excuse discounting to protect managers & to stop returns even know the data is a lie.They Force -ppp- on new brick credit cards and force us to add it on to customers credit card with out there knowledge or approval.it can cost any where from 2-3$ per day for customer & its very hard to remove it from credit card with out faxing stuff.Managers can fire you for no reason/cause of any means with out write ups or verbals of any kind.Human resources protects the company & not the employee in any shape or form.The brick is a sketchy -dirty company who lies and rips off customers.This company needs to be investigated & the labour board needs to shut them down.

I will never shop at this company hope the market place rates them.

presidents club champion ...review

1 2 3 4 5

About The Brick

The Brick Ltd. is one of Canada's largest volume retailers of furniture, mattresses, appliances and home electronics. The company – Read more