The Brick

The Brick Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Was a co-op student
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 1, 2014
Pros: open-door policy
Cons: -
I was still pursuing my academics while working here. I was a co-op student. Very nice person to work for. Helpful and there when you had questions.
I like talking to people.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: i liked the management
Cons: i like job improvement which wasnot in my last job.
It was full of competition and fun as well,
since I am educated person I prefer a job in either educational setting or office setting, thats the reason I want to change my job.
I am patient and I like talking to people as it was essential in my previous job.
Friendly work environment with autonomy for the job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 8, 2014
Client queries on phone and in person
Customer service software applications and related processes
The Brick was a productive fun place to work.
Visual Display Merchandiser (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 7, 2014
Pros: pain rental cars
Cons: paid hotel accomidation
The management and sales staff were very positive and worked well with me and my decisions to create new display ideas. I had a wonderful work experience and would love to work there again.
Roller coaster like job, fantastic ups with some slow parts
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCOctober 17, 2014
Cons: pay cheque was never a guarantee
I loved working with The Brick as a commission salesman. Everything time I saw my pay stub it was because I had earned every cent on it. None of the money was hourly it was just you got paid what you sell. That was the biggest motivator we had as a sales team, competition was present but we were still a team and its only natural to compete among ourselves – more... to be the best. Our managers were always working with us to close a deal because every sale made impacted the store in some way or another, from raw dollar value to attachment numbers. Like all jobs there is a downside however.There are times when the store felt empty of customers mostly during the week or times when you would just wake up on the wrong side of the bed and no matter how hard you tried to stay positive you would spiral into a low sale day and sometimes even a zero dollar day. But all said and done The Brick is a fantastic place to work if you love competition and have a high degree of confidence. I would always recommend The Brick to anyone who is looking for a hard but rewarding job or just needs furniture, a mattress, appliances, and even TVs. Fantastic place! – less
Small customer service team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 1, 2014
Answered all incoming phone calls. Closed truck sales and took payments.
good place to make money
Sales (Former Employee), Fort St. John, BCSeptember 17, 2014
clean work environment
work with people
good management
lots of opportunities to grow
flowing scedual
Productive, busy and great co workers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), london ontarioSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: poor salary, long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. A typical day is very busy, you must be able to multitask for this position, which I have always been strong in but in the past two years working here I have became stronger at it. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers on a daily basis.
Good COmpany
MERCHANDISER (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Good Company, Good people, Earned valuable experience working there
Poor management
anonymous (Current Employee), Kingston, ONAugust 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: inconsitent hours, unprofessional workplace.
A typical day at work is being harassed by my manager over the smallest things.
I've learned to be very customer oriented, I usually go out of my way to make the customer feel appreciated.
Management is the worst kind I've ever encounter, don't take real concerns seriously, such as safety or proper equipment. They don't care about you having a life, – more... family comes last with them, very childish, rude, inappropriate flirting with female employers and lots of favoritism.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the poor unprofessional management.
The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers and dealing with customers. – less
Great Canadian Company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 19, 2014
Trigger staff on daily promotions, updates changes etc.. Greet Customers, ensure our sales floor was presentable, answer questions, train new staff and refresh existing create a fun and exciting environment to work!

Being a Store Manager at The Brick was demanading and exciting at the same time, constant change kept you on your toes and made you always – more... focus on the current business status for sales and KPI alike.

My co-workers some very professional and others needed more time and training to achieve the results required to run a sucessful location, we would have one on one training daysas well as online modules that where a must to complete to assist those climbing the ladder to be successful.

The hardest part of being a store manager in the region i worked in was my director was a micro manager, an example: if we where underperforming in a category he would request an action plan, no problem an action plan was provided with the necessary step to be taken to acquire the specific target. the next day or the day after we would be asked to provide a new action plan because the results did not change overnight, thats a little difficult to achieve when you are managing a $15million dollar store, big results are hard to achieve in a short time with high volume!

When the Store as a group celebrates a win of a regional contest, those successes dont happen without a team of great people in your location, hard work effort and determination and sticking to a culture of success was the key to the most enjoyable part of the job! – less
A rewarding position
General Sales Manager (Current Employee), Brantford, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: seeing the overrall business and staff succeed
Cons: time management
Conduct daily meetings to boost sales representatives morale

Set daily goals that are actualized monthly

Analyze and comment on reporting for head office on store operations

Make certain of client satisfaction on all forefronts of the business

Ensure staffing is line with budgetary requirements

Management steering meetings to pursue success of – more... business and all targets assigned along with operations

Conduct training and coaching individual and as a group – less
Management is okay and good place for starting out for warehouse type of work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJuly 24, 2014
job is okay and easy and management is alright besides that good place to work
Fun and satisfying positiom
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: work for a board
A great place to work. The management team was fantastic and open to new ideas.
Fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 7, 2014
Everyday you learn new things

You learn about new products coming in

My co-workers are excellent to get along with .

The most enjoyable part of my job is unloading the trailer
Hard work but pays off.
Swamper (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 5, 2014
Great job, kept me fit for the mean time. I would consider working this line of work again. good pay, camion leveled out to hourly wage, sometimes more witch was a bonus.. the days were long, sometimes worked 12-14 hour days.

I learned fall protection, safety in warehouses, learnt how to lift extremely heavy stuff and not to damage the product nor – more... the customers property. learnt the safe way to lift things with out hurting your self or others.

The people I worked with were all great to get along with, we were all understanding to give each other breaks to not over do our selves if we had the time!! don't work fast, work smart..

The hard part about the job was tricky customers houses. tricky stair cases and cornering. if it didn't fit, don't force it..

The most enjoyable thing about the job was the break you get in between your deliveries, gives you time to catch your breath, take a rest and get ready for your next delivery..

Some days we have had as little as 1 delivery in a day as much as 28 deliveries...

Some of the employees in fleet takes there breaks witch we are entitled to. But most of us just worked the whole day to get t over with. The time we get back to the warehouse is the time we finished. – less
first company in canada
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: learn canadian market behaviour
Cons: commission base job
It was good experience to work here, its was in the beginning of my career in canada when i joined brick,
A learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Surrey, B.C.June 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers turn into family
Cons: the hours
A typical day at work consists of numbers and complaints. I start by balancing out the customers accounts within the store to make sure no one owes us money, or make sure there are no outstanding credits we have to return to customers. Meanwhile the phone consistently rings with customer complaints, and questions in which I answer to the best of my – more... ability. The hardest part about my job is the customer complaints. It deffinately takes a toll mentally, but the atmosphere of the workplace makes it all the more enjoyable. The relationships we build here extend further than the workplace because everyone works together to get each job done.. one job cannot be complete without each person doing their part.. even our mangement understands us and they work with us individually to make sure our work enviroment is one of peace. Although you do not have a social life outside The Brick due to the odd hours you would have to work, especially if you are new to the company its mostly closing shifts on the weekend. – less
Constantly on the road. always experiencing new things
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 19, 2014
Pros: work at my own pace, always outside and always busy
Cons: can be physically and mentally draining, at times we work 12 or more hours in a day.
A typical day at The Brick would be to start at 7. We then load our trucks and chat about the daily routing.. which is never boring. After that's said and done, we then head out on the road to start the beginning of our day.

Since working at The Brick I've learned many skills which allow me to be a successful driver.. I've gained knowledge of how the – more... system works and built the strength and mental dexterity needed to be the best at what i do.

I find, at times, the hardest part of my job would be to either: ensure complete customer satisfaction while doing a delivery, or the constantly training. Since it is such a physically demanding position, I find that not many people are cut out for the type of work we do at The Brick. – less
great people to work with
Merchandiser/AV Sales (Former Employee), Dufferin/ S. of FinchJune 16, 2014
loading furniture into customers vehicle
cleaning warehouse
filling customer orders
answering questions about products
organizing sales floor

1 2 3 4 5

About The Brick

The Brick Ltd. is one of Canada's largest volume retailers of furniture, mattresses, appliances and home electronics. The company – Read more