The Brick Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
...place shut down
Merchandiser-Sales person (Former Employee), Laval, QCApril 4, 2016
It was in Quebec but the experience was aweful

crazy hours, paid like a strawberry picker.

Manager knows less than you and act like he is the king

never again
Good place to work but not much support from Management
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 20, 2016
Pros: wonderful place to work.
Cons: some managers are terriable.
Entering 80 to 100 invoices in the system as well as telephone orders.
J have learned to prioritizes my job to getting it done on time with minimal errors,
My Managers is and absolute sweet and kind person. when it comes to upper management there is minimal assistance as to the verbal abuse that is received from other managers.
I love my co workers very much we have a wonderful relationship.
Getting all the data entered at a curtain time in the morning.
Hard work pays off
Warehouse/Merchandiser (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABMarch 9, 2016
Great job for a student or someone who is organized able to lift and able to take orders and keep yourself busy doing work related tasks for the company.
It was a great place to work. Staff were Awesome.
Warehouse; Delivery (Former Employee), Camrose, ABFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Met a-lot of customers, If you do your job, You will get along great.
Cons: Meeting the odd Grumpy customer.
I met and helped a-lot of customers, they appreciated you. The staff like the help I offered, and the Manager gave me complimates. Overall, a great place to work.
Unprofessional Management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Commission based income
Cons: Negative atmosphere
The Brick would be a great place to work at if there were a proper management team in place. They offer little to no training to help one excel in their position.
Literally the worst job I have ever had
"Warehouse Manager" (Former Employee), Gibsons, BCJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: The sales team were very nice, and I ended up closer than I expected with the manager
Cons: Literally everything else
I was hired to manage the inventory and delivery at a privately-owned branch. The owner who hired me promised me an office of my own and managerial freedom, then immediately backed down and told me that I was just another guy. The training was nonexistent, as the owner who hired me only showed up every few weeks for a few days or so then took off, and the manager of the store was commission-based and training me was literally a waste of his time and money (I don't mean this negatively, I understood his position). Despite having a serious back injury when I was younger, I was drafted into driving a vehicle I have no training or experience on and hauling and delivering furniture, including huge fridges or other heavy appliances. All efforts to get extra training on the things I needed were met with "later" or "I'll just do it for you". I was finally fired when I finished all my duties early, saw to it that my delivery team was finished all their work early, and went home early - on my birthday.

I have had jobs where I was paid literally to shovel manure or wipe up vomit and they treated me more humanely than this place did.

If I had to offer any advice at all to the owner of this store, it would be to step back and be more hands-off. Oftentimes the right hand had no idea what the left was doing because there were too many cooks in the kitchen, and the morale was absolutely rock-bottom at all times as a result.
Great Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Regina, SKJanuary 27, 2016
Was fun working with the people there but there was stressful busy times as well. Hardest part sometimes was working on commission because there is days with no sales but then there are days where you make thousands in sales.
order picking
Warehouse Order picker (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 20, 2016
Use a scan gun to pick items from couches to dishwashers. Drive a pallet jack. Drop the items off to the front. People would sort the items then load them on trucks.
Decent Place to work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: Great Coworkers
Cons: You will never make more then minimium wage
I started working at The Brick as a Sales Representative. They hire you part-time and make you work full-time hours that way you don't get benefits and if you don't make commission they only have to top up your pay for part-time hours even though your working full-time. It's only worth being a sales rep if you know for fact, it's a busy location. I now work CSR and I find it much better. Pay sucks, no benefits, not much room for growth but the people are amazing to work with, so is management. It's a great place to work if your not looking for a career.
Poor management
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Flexible
Cons: Poor management
Employees work under high pressure, income based on commission only. No job security for long term, you get paid less for tasks requiring high mental effort.

Poor incentive plans for employees and solely based on Maslow's theory of motivation. They need to change their approach to motivate their employees, employees are scared to lose their jobs and make every possible effort (good or bad) to sell products. Company should use 360 degree performance review for Managers, and employees should be allowed to give honest reviews without any fear of reprisal against them.
Salesman
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Kirkland, QCDecember 29, 2015
Salesman in the funrniture and matress department. Cater to customers needs , try to upsell customer by selling warranties and kpi on customer purchases
Decent work experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kirkland, QCDecember 10, 2015
I worked as a CSR for the Brick and it was great. Pay was decent and the work-place was comfortable. Management had it together so it was a good time. Best place I've worked at, stayed there for nearly 2 years.
Fast-Paced Environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: Management not supportive
A typical day at the Brick, consist of constant phone calls, confirmed delivery orders and also assisting client at the store with any delivery or pick-up complications.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Bradford, ONNovember 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Not much opportunity for advancement
The brick is a great place to work and learn the skill set necessary for success in the field of sales. It is competitive in nature as it is a full commission environment. The management is excellent and works with employees to develop their potential. Co-workers are competitive but helpful and work well as a team.
dont do it
dont want to say (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 28, 2015
Pros: social committee
Cons: no advancement opportunities, numerous hr violations and labour board, petty insecure management
I wouldn't recommend it. If you want to work somewhere with low pay, sub-standard benefits, and deal with drama and politics. Then this is the place for you!!! Double standards, and unrealistic expectations? This is the place for you!

Social committee is great, work hours are great.

Everything else isn't.
Fun place to work especially since it was located in West Edmonton Mall
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 25, 2015
Pros: Good pay if you have the drive to sell
Cons: Terrible hours and the hiearchy system needed work
Typical day started right on the front lines of selling, on the floor approaching customers. Met all kinds of people from all walks of life. there was to much management there. Everything was micromanaged and made the job feel constricted. But the support system was there.
Challenging Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 24, 2015
A typical day at my current positions includes ensuring a soft close of business from the day before.

I am responsible to ensure daily accounting reports are run and funds are corrected. Further I ensure that all business is confirmed for a nine day lead time.

I am also responsible for ensuring customers expectations are not only met but also exceeded in their purchases. Lastly, I am responsible for a balanced till and assisting customers at all times whether they be physically at the business or phoning in.

I have been able to excel in my current position and have been recognized regionally as a top performing employee. As such, both my management team as well as my fellow employees often come to me for assistance and advice.
fast pace environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 24, 2015
Pros: pay structure
Cons: Crazy environment
It was interesting to watch grown ups fight over sales deals on a regular bases...Their technique was to flood the floor and only the strong survives, interesting at best. So after surviving the blood bath and making a descent living a left to have a child...
Very un happy place to be
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kirkland, QCOctober 21, 2015
The brick only cares about money and how to make it and not spend it. They will put money through for noone. the owners are horrible in paying for overtime worked and when they say you`ll have a certain schedule they lie.
No so much for career development when you work on the floor
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 20, 2015
No so much for career development when you work on the floor either in the Customer Service or so. The job culture is not uniform across all stores.