The Brick

The Brick Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and satisfying positiom
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pros: good team
Cons: work for a board
A great place to work. The management team was fantastic and open to new ideas.
Fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJuly 7, 2014
Everyday you learn new things

You learn about new products coming in

My co-workers are excellent to get along with .

The most enjoyable part of my job is unloading the trailer
Hard work but pays off.
Swamper (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJuly 5, 2014
Great job, kept me fit for the mean time. I would consider working this line of work again. good pay, camion leveled out to hourly wage, sometimes more witch was a bonus.. the days were long, sometimes worked 12-14 hour days.

I learned fall protection, safety in warehouses, learnt how to lift extremely heavy stuff and not to damage the product nor – more... the customers property. learnt the safe way to lift things with out hurting your self or others.

The people I worked with were all great to get along with, we were all understanding to give each other breaks to not over do our selves if we had the time!! don't work fast, work smart..

The hard part about the job was tricky customers houses. tricky stair cases and cornering. if it didn't fit, don't force it..

The most enjoyable thing about the job was the break you get in between your deliveries, gives you time to catch your breath, take a rest and get ready for your next delivery..

Some days we have had as little as 1 delivery in a day as much as 28 deliveries...

Some of the employees in fleet takes there breaks witch we are entitled to. But most of us just worked the whole day to get t over with. The time we get back to the warehouse is the time we finished. – less
first company in canada
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: learn canadian market behaviour
Cons: commission base job
It was good experience to work here, its was in the beginning of my career in canada when i joined brick,
A learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Surrey, B.C.June 22, 2014
Pros: co-workers turn into family
Cons: the hours
A typical day at work consists of numbers and complaints. I start by balancing out the customers accounts within the store to make sure no one owes us money, or make sure there are no outstanding credits we have to return to customers. Meanwhile the phone consistently rings with customer complaints, and questions in which I answer to the best of my – more... ability. The hardest part about my job is the customer complaints. It deffinately takes a toll mentally, but the atmosphere of the workplace makes it all the more enjoyable. The relationships we build here extend further than the workplace because everyone works together to get each job done.. one job cannot be complete without each person doing their part.. even our mangement understands us and they work with us individually to make sure our work enviroment is one of peace. Although you do not have a social life outside The Brick due to the odd hours you would have to work, especially if you are new to the company its mostly closing shifts on the weekend. – less
Constantly on the road. always experiencing new things
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 19, 2014
Pros: work at my own pace, always outside and always busy
Cons: can be physically and mentally draining, at times we work 12 or more hours in a day.
A typical day at The Brick would be to start at 7. We then load our trucks and chat about the daily routing.. which is never boring. After that's said and done, we then head out on the road to start the beginning of our day.

Since working at The Brick I've learned many skills which allow me to be a successful driver.. I've gained knowledge of how the – more... system works and built the strength and mental dexterity needed to be the best at what i do.

I find, at times, the hardest part of my job would be to either: ensure complete customer satisfaction while doing a delivery, or the constantly training. Since it is such a physically demanding position, I find that not many people are cut out for the type of work we do at The Brick. – less
great people to work with
Merchandiser/AV Sales (Former Employee), Dufferin/ S. of FinchJune 16, 2014
loading furniture into customers vehicle
cleaning warehouse
filling customer orders
answering questions about products
organizing sales floor
Typical day
Furniture Technician (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 10, 2014
Management was ok but they need to have a higher pay for there employees
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJune 8, 2014
Pros: work with great people
Cons: high stress
The position of CSR can be very stressful, you are required to learn a lot of information very quickly, and you need to have strong computer skills, and remain level headed even when things get chaotic around you. If you are able to remain calm and deal with stress effectivly then this position may be for you.
high energy
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 4, 2014
great paycheck but there is also a lot of high sales pressure involved
Productive and busy workplace
Merchandiser/Supervisor Succession Plan (Current Employee), grande prairieMay 27, 2014
Received and shipped large quantities of product on a daily basis
Large Cycle Counts weekly
Maintained a clean and organized warehouse
Provided strong leadership and encouragement to staff
Executed and prepared all promotions and set ups
Set up all furniture displays and accessories
Executed updates from head office
Instructed warehouse staff on the – more... daily tasks to be completed – less
=
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), -May 13, 2014
Pros: -
Cons: -
Good work environment, less time to yourself if working in sales, no work and life balance, work long hours.
Horrible place to be an employee.
Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2014
Pros: keep cost down for the company share holders
Cons: no real values, low lives!
If you enjoy being treated like a kid, or less than a human being than the Brick is a great place for you to work in, however if you like to work for an employer that respect you, appreciate you hard work and builds you up. Than do your best to stay from the brick co-operation. They only recognize you as a body, not an individual. If you have family – more... members that pass away, you or a family member in bad health, or an emergency with your unborn child don't expect the management team to care, all they care about is pieces per hour. – less
Productive and fun work space
Warehouse Merchandiser (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 8, 2014
Pros: get to listen to own radio
Cons: not enough help on occasion
-Load and unload product from truck into warehouse
-Scan orders and hand out material to customer
-Clean and manage warehouse
-I usually work on my own in the warehouse
-Hardest part of my job would be when a customers order is not the correct product I figure the problem and try and solve to the best of my ability
-What I enjoy the most about my job – more... is how everybody gets along and can talk to one another, and feeling accomplished when I finish my tasks – less
n/a
Customer Service/Credit Supervisor (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 1, 2014
You do not want to work there! You get yelled at on a daily basis. Too muc gossip
great benefits
Customer service / Sales associate (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free training and prizes
Cons: long hours
long days i meet lots of people and learn how to deal with different personalities, earned great communication skills and problem solving. the hardest part is to get to the people and get them to trust me,
Fun Place to work can be stressful at times
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMarch 18, 2014
Fun Place to work, however stress is a huge factor. Always a new challenge to deal with. Staff is overall helpful.
good company
Delivery and Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Drumheller, ABFebruary 26, 2014
customer service hands on building furniture and assembling dresser and cabinets ext. heavy lifting daily physically demanding work.
productive and fun workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 5, 2014
dealing with customers and diffusing their natural distrust of sales people. being able to read them and figure out their needs quickly and be able to refer them to a product that best suits their needs. Having to trouble shoot and come up with creative ways to overcome obstacles day to day. dealing with buyers remorse.
Excellent training
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: having one weekend off per month
I came from a legal background, and received excellent training. It is an extremely competitive place of emloyment, so you learn to toughen up. The best part of the job is going above and beyond to obtain someone credit whom would not have been able to purchase.

1 2 3 4 5