The Brick Employee Reviews

bad managment
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 March 2017
I didn't like this job because of the management and I the disrespect the employees received on a daily base. I was an order picker and would drop my orders to selected bays for the day.
great place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 March 2017
the brick is a great place to work, always keeps you busy, hard working people and great and flexible hours. really worked good with how much I had to balance at the time
Pros
shorter days, weekends off.
Cons
less pay.
Extra ordinary company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 March 2017
Part of Indian Space Research Organization ( ISRO), India. Ultra high tech. Full of brilliant scientists. A great work culture and unlimited growth opportunities.

Feel lucky I was part of that company.
Woulnt work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 February 2017
Management does not treat their employees with respect. Lots of items never in Stock, customers wait months to receive their orders but are told at time of order they will receive in days to weeks
Great Place To Work
Sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  Regent, MB17 February 2017
I think the Brick has been subjected to very bad reviews. However, in my opinion, it is a great place to work, with great training program and support system. Moreover, it was not the Brick that many people have bad experience with it was the people at the Brick make you dislike it. The sale position is commission-based thus most people are target-oriented sometime they step on each other to get their target. However, if you are a strong, determined and great communicators, this job would not stop you from reaching any goals or force you to compromise your co-workers relationship. My experience and my time at the Brick not only made me a greater stronger person but it also made me a lot of money while working there. Strongly recommended for those with strong personality and great heart
Pros
Well Paid
Cons
Stressful
A day in the life on a sales representative employee
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2017
As a sales representative employee the whole setting was very competitive. I am not a very competitive person so it wasn't a very suitable place for me. I would welcome employees into the store, then basically had to follow them around and try to sell furniture, appliances, or electronics. The hardest part of my job was dealing with competitive co-workers and annoyed customers. Co-workers were very competitive because it was a commission-based job and everyone wanted to make extra money. Customers would get annoyed because whenever they would walk in we were expected to greet then then basically follow them around the store and persuade them to buy something. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I would have a customer that would actually talk to me and let me help them, but that rarely happened.
Pros
Making more money with commission.
Cons
Very competitive.
you get what you work for
Customer Service/ Sales (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 February 2017
you get what you put into it. fully sales oriented and customer focus is heavy. opportunity to earn higher if you excel in sales. Opportunity for advancement but you have to really stand out.
Good Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2017
They are very safety oriented. We get 2 half hour breaks and the warehouse is relatively warm in the winter. All the equipment is electric and nice and quiet.
Challenging
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 February 2017
Very good place to work, challenging must be very self disciplined, you are given many tools to succeed. fun part is meeting customers and being able to find solutions for their current needs
Nice place to work . The more hard work you do the more money you make
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 February 2017
Brick a multinational company . As in winter work is slow I need to find a second to survive . Brick is Gud I I've working there .
Everything is Gud nice management and staff . My boss is friendly nature and flexible working ethics there and Gud thing abt is that hard work you do they pay good money and your hard work is paid off nicely . I will review it 5 out of 5.
Pros
Nice pay, bonuses and many more
Cons
Uncertain slow hour days
fun, physical, long drives
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC31 January 2017
this job was great, got to meet customers and see their faces light up when we told them that we have their new furniture and/or appliances, the downside to this job was the fact that we sometimes had to deal with difficult people, but hey ho thats the way it goes.

i was a delivery driver, so my job was to plan out the route for the delivery and then phone the customers to tell them the time frames of when we would be there to drop off their stuff.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
hard on the back
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 January 2017
Was a great place to work before the company was bought out by another company. Left because commissions were cut almost in half.
love working here
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2017
The company was great, and the people that worked there were great as well. Not too many hours for a sales position. love it.
poor company, poor quality products.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 January 2017
This is the worst company I have worked for in my life. Too much pressure being a sales , the head office always steal money from the poor sales. Just like thief.
nice job but unhealthy work enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2017
nice job but unhealthy work enviornment , you cant balance your work and family life ...
money is good as its commision based as much you work that much you get
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
Management is horrible, company held my check, and claimed I didn't work certain hours, and staff members were disrespectful. This location need to get their acts together, and treat people better! If you work customer service (no matter how mad the customer makes you) you should always remain calm! Never heard that kind of disrespect to a customer in all my years of working customer service. Now I know why this location has so many complaints! The reviews says it all!
Swamper in Calgary
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 December 2016
I worked as a Swamper doing deliveries in and around the Calgary area, The hours sometimes were really long, Management did not care how long you needed to be out there....
Pros
Not a boring Job
Cons
The Hours
Fun and Hard Work!
Delivery Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 December 2016
Good job, keeps you active, body fit and mind clear. Many different customer relations situations. Makes you think on your feet and how to problem solve quickly with minimal errors. Not a job for everyone though, you need to have a mind-set to empower you and keep you motivated as this job is physically demanding.
Pros
Meet a lot of new people on a daily basis.
Cons
Long hours and physically demanding.
Productive workplace
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2016
Typical day included lots of handyman work as well as customer service. Learned a lot of transferable skills from highly appreciated co workers in the field.
the brick
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2016
A great organization to start out a selling career and build upon your sales and customer service skills, met many wonderful people and had the chance to network with great organizations

2.9