The Brick

The Brick Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 30, 2015
faced paced high stress environment. great managers and coworkers that understand the stresses of life outside of work. coworkers became really great friends.
Not given the traning required for the job
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 24, 2015
The work day is not so enjoyable, some co-workers were enjoyable to work with. Management was not great and did not provide the training needed to do your job efficently. The hardest part would be knowing how to use the companies software system for different situations.
It was "okay"
Office Assistant/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: Customers
Cons: Rude staff, unaccommodating management
They were not very accommodating, nor was it always fun to come to work. There are a lot of "caddy" sales representatives and there is always drama to be heard of. However, proved to be fun when you get in the hang of it and can let that kind of stuff roll off your shoulder.
Great Place to work
Sales Consultant/Merchandiser (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 18, 2015
Pros: Family Environment, Fun, Friendly
Cons: Pay, Lack of communication.
I love working for the Brick. All the staff are friendly and very knowledgeable. The managers are very staff oriented and everyone gets along. We are just one big family.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCApril 11, 2015
Working at The Brick was a great experience. The Brick taught me a lot about how to work with all different sorts of people with different personalties.
Great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), London, ONApril 10, 2015
Loved my job overall, learned a lot about customer service. I gained a lot of skills and a lot of friends a long the way. The management team is amazing as well as the employees there.
Shortage of clientele
Sales consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 7, 2015
A typical day at the brick is looking via the company's website for sales and promotional offers for the week. The management is great the only problem is that there is not a lot of room for advancement unless you move to a different city.My co-workers are great its a pretty tight group of 9 people. The hardest part of my job is the fact that there is not enough customer coming through the door to make a steady income. The most enjoyable part is the constant flow of information from different manufacturers.
Great team & great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/ Office Admin (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 18, 2015
Great atmosphere in the office and merchandising departments. I worked closely with all staff (sales, management, operations, customer service, merchandisers, etc.) and found that everyone helps each other and that is what makes it such a great place to work.
I was a customer service representative and administrator in the small office at a store. I was responsible for tending cash, switchboard, entering sales, invoices, setting up furniture service calls, running accounting reports, returns, exchanges, credits, part orders, assisting with payroll, accounts payable, scheduling, training new employees and ordering office supplies.
The hardest part of this job was dealing with the unhappy and angry customers. It takes a while to build up a thick skin and learn to not take the things angry people say personally. But that is what customer service is all about. Being able to deal with any issue that comes your way.
good environment but low wage
Electronics and Appliances Merchandiser (Current Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: work with good people
Cons: low wage
As a merchandiser daily duties are very repetitive in nature. Management is good overall but you are left to your own devices for the most part, training is subpar. Hardest part of the job is constantly planning for product that is comming in and out of the store on a daily bases.
good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 18, 2015
good place to work lots of customer good pay excellent place for advancement fun enjoyable forty hours per week supervisor very helpful
The Brick ( Richmondhill ) Store Manager complaint .
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: nice employees, richmondhill, store manager, needs to be fired, as well as who ever is accepting this behaviours
Cons: managers - harassment -ppp forced -fake notes on products for fake damage.
Managers will tell you to not clock in & work for free so the #'s look better to head office.The Brick is very dishonest to employee's as well as there clients.They force employee's to write un true comments on products to excuse discounting to protect managers & to stop returns even know the data is a lie.They Force -ppp- on new brick credit cards and force us to add it on to customers credit card with out there knowledge or approval.it can cost any where from 2-3$ per day for customer & its very hard to remove it from credit card with out faxing stuff.Managers can fire you for no reason/cause of any means with out write ups or verbals of any kind.Human resources protects the company & not the employee in any shape or form.The brick is a sketchy -dirty company who lies and rips off customers.This company needs to be investigated & the labour board needs to shut them down.

I will never shop at this company hope the market place rates them.

presidents club champion ...review
Good place to work, Satisfying
Lead Fleet Driver (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: make own time frames
Cons: never know how much freight will be going out in a week.
Friendly place to work. Great experience. Management is really understanding. Just not much security. Never know how many hours you'll get in a week.
Productive company
Customer Service Representative - Call Center (Former Employee), Kirkland, QCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: high volume calls, unable to complete my breaks
As a new beginner I was forced to keep taking calls, unable to write comments in clients folders, did at least 150-200 calls a day unable to take my full lunch/15 minute breaks.

I felt like i was not able to do my job 100% due to the high volume of calls.
Productivity
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: inconsistent schedule
- Typical day at work consisted on cleaning certain areas in the store. Needed to check price tags if promotions were done to bring down. After it was finished you would start work and assist customers.
- Co-workers are friendly, caring, easy to get along with, helpful, and healthy competitors.
- Learned to use Point of Sales quickly on the computer. Able to apply a customer for The Brick card and calling bank if needed. Could provide the customer with knowledge of product and its features and benefits plus warranty.
- Hardest part of the job was when few customers would walk into a store in a day and were not interested in buying, or were in to pay a bill/pick-up. Another hard part was finding the right product for the customer as soon as possible as the products were at warehouse and available in certain days.
- Most enjoyable part of the job is everyday was a new day to learn something new.
Working as a team
Furniture Delivery Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: easy tasks
Cons: heavy lifting
Typical day at work:

Loaded company truck with furniture.
Assembled furniture for customers.
Delivered furnitures for customers.

Co-workers:

Worked as a team.
Horrible place to work!!!
Fleet (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Cons: long hours, no respect, no values with any religion, overall a horrible place to work!!!
Management is horrible. Hours are long and you are not compensated for the amount of time that you work in a 24 hour period. No work-life balance. Lack of respect for workers. Overall a terrible place to work!!!
Fast paced envirnoment
Merchandising, Warehouse, Sales, Customer Service (Former Employee), Leduc AlbertaJanuary 3, 2015
Learned to interface with customers
Deal with irate customers and resolve issues

Lifting heavy furniture was hard at times
Management was fair but demanding

Enjoyed the variety of interactions with customers and staff
Benefits are very good
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 17, 2014
helped pick orders, and prepare deliveries for the next day.
Was a co-op student
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 1, 2014
Pros: open-door policy
Cons: -
I was still pursuing my academics while working here. I was a co-op student. Very nice person to work for. Helpful and there when you had questions.
I like talking to people.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: i liked the management
Cons: i like job improvement which wasnot in my last job.
It was full of competition and fun as well,
since I am educated person I prefer a job in either educational setting or office setting, thats the reason I want to change my job.
I am patient and I like talking to people as it was essential in my previous job.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Brick

The Brick Ltd. is one of Canada's largest volume retailers of furniture, mattresses, appliances and home electronics. The company – Read more