The Brick Employee Reviews

A very good company to work for.
Order Picker/Shipper Receiver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 April 2017
Very hardworking staff, incredibly friendly, well paying, co-workers are always willing to help, consistent staff working there for years. very professional and very organized.
Terrible company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC18 April 2017
Sales driven so they don't care about anyone that isn't selling. Minimum wage with 19 cent raises, terrible hours, benefits don't kick in for a year after you've become full time which is likely already a year wait. So two years before benefits. Warehouse employees expected to learn their antiquated, super unfriendly computer system. Again, all for minimum wage. Look elsewhere.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK18 April 2017
I enjoyed working at the Brick. Staff and management were great. There were plenty of opportunity to grow within the company. Training covered everything I needed to know!
Fun Atmosphere
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 April 2017
Working at the Brick allowed me to be creative in my day to day. We had several contests that I was able to participate in, as well as an excellent staff that made the day fun.
great customers and friendly co-workers, poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2017
Sales are the most important part of the job and in all fairness, the Brick has a good selection of products, accessories and other add-ons to make money. Vendor training and online training is good and detailed.

The co-workers are all right mostly but the job being commission based, the environment is always competitive and sometimes your colleagues will fight over customers.

Management is poor, and they will go back on their words if it's inconvenient to them- discourteous and disrespectful with sub-par training are mild terms to describe them. Favouritism is rampant, with lots of 'reporters' on the sales floor.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to make commissions, training and new product launches
Cons
micro-management, outdated and slow sales computer system, poor management
bad managment
Warehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 March 2017
I didn't like this job because of the management and I the disrespect the employees received on a daily base. I was an order picker and would drop my orders to selected bays for the day.
Great environment, bad pay
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
I did furniture sales for quite some time. I will admit it, the pay is bad because it is salary based ONLY. You don't get paid hourly unless there is a day you don't make sales (but still, the company wants you to avoid getting credited the hours). You're asked to make enough sales to cover the amount of hours you've worked an more. The head office treats you like numbers and that is it. That is my only complaint.

Despite the bad pay I enjoyed the work environment and the people I worked with. I have made really good friends (which right now I consider them my family) and that is what made my job worth having. Everyone was so nice and helpful, got to hang out with them outside of work as well and everything.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
bad pay
great place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 March 2017
the brick is a great place to work, always keeps you busy, hard working people and great and flexible hours. really worked good with how much I had to balance at the time
Pros
shorter days, weekends off.
Cons
less pay.
Extra ordinary company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 March 2017
Part of Indian Space Research Organization ( ISRO), India. Ultra high tech. Full of brilliant scientists. A great work culture and unlimited growth opportunities.

Feel lucky I was part of that company.
Woulnt work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 February 2017
Management does not treat their employees with respect. Lots of items never in Stock, customers wait months to receive their orders but are told at time of order they will receive in days to weeks
Great Place To Work
Sale Consultant (Former Employee) –  Regent, MB17 February 2017
I think the Brick has been subjected to very bad reviews. However, in my opinion, it is a great place to work, with great training program and support system. Moreover, it was not the Brick that many people have bad experience with it was the people at the Brick make you dislike it. The sale position is commission-based thus most people are target-oriented sometime they step on each other to get their target. However, if you are a strong, determined and great communicators, this job would not stop you from reaching any goals or force you to compromise your co-workers relationship. My experience and my time at the Brick not only made me a greater stronger person but it also made me a lot of money while working there. Strongly recommended for those with strong personality and great heart
Pros
Well Paid
Cons
Stressful
A day in the life on a sales representative employee
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 February 2017
As a sales representative employee the whole setting was very competitive. I am not a very competitive person so it wasn't a very suitable place for me. I would welcome employees into the store, then basically had to follow them around and try to sell furniture, appliances, or electronics. The hardest part of my job was dealing with competitive co-workers and annoyed customers. Co-workers were very competitive because it was a commission-based job and everyone wanted to make extra money. Customers would get annoyed because whenever they would walk in we were expected to greet then then basically follow them around the store and persuade them to buy something. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I would have a customer that would actually talk to me and let me help them, but that rarely happened.
Pros
Making more money with commission.
Cons
Very competitive.
you get what you work for
Customer Service/ Sales (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON15 February 2017
you get what you put into it. fully sales oriented and customer focus is heavy. opportunity to earn higher if you excel in sales. Opportunity for advancement but you have to really stand out.
Good Company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 February 2017
They are very safety oriented. We get 2 half hour breaks and the warehouse is relatively warm in the winter. All the equipment is electric and nice and quiet.
Challenging
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 February 2017
Very good place to work, challenging must be very self disciplined, you are given many tools to succeed. fun part is meeting customers and being able to find solutions for their current needs
Nice place to work . The more hard work you do the more money you make
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 February 2017
Brick a multinational company . As in winter work is slow I need to find a second to survive . Brick is Gud I I've working there .
Everything is Gud nice management and staff . My boss is friendly nature and flexible working ethics there and Gud thing abt is that hard work you do they pay good money and your hard work is paid off nicely . I will review it 5 out of 5.
Pros
Nice pay, bonuses and many more
Cons
Uncertain slow hour days
fun, physical, long drives
Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC31 January 2017
this job was great, got to meet customers and see their faces light up when we told them that we have their new furniture and/or appliances, the downside to this job was the fact that we sometimes had to deal with difficult people, but hey ho thats the way it goes.

i was a delivery driver, so my job was to plan out the route for the delivery and then phone the customers to tell them the time frames of when we would be there to drop off their stuff.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
hard on the back
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK29 January 2017
Was a great place to work before the company was bought out by another company. Left because commissions were cut almost in half.
love working here
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 January 2017
The company was great, and the people that worked there were great as well. Not too many hours for a sales position. love it.
poor company, poor quality products.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 January 2017
This is the worst company I have worked for in my life. Too much pressure being a sales , the head office always steal money from the poor sales. Just like thief.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Brick. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9