HSB BI&I is a leader in providing specialized equipment breakdown insurance. We provide insurance and reinsurance to Canadian and global businesses through our coast to coast network of offices, 4,000 independent insurance brokers and over 50 major insurance companies. HSB BI&I is a member of the Hartford Steam Boiler Group and part of the global Munich Re Group of Companies.
- We have over 140 years of experience and through our modern systems and practices remain unsurpassed in meeting our customers’ needs.
- You can become an expert in your field while enjoying a healthy work/life balance and a collaborative, friendly atmosphere in our offices.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits program to our employees.
We invite you to learn more about us at our website: http://www.biico.com/
Working from our Head Office in downtown Toronto, the Area Manager initiates, drives or participates in project related work activities aimed at improving Inspection Department effectiveness. In addition, the Area Manager will participate in cross-functional team activities in coordination with participants from Underwriting, Claims, Engineering, and Marketing areas within the company.
In addition, the Area Manager reports to the company’s Inspection Manager, and is responsible for leading a team of 6 to 10 technically qualified in-the-field Inspectors from our national force who provide on-site loss prevention, risk evaluation and claims assessment services. The Area Manager directs the flow of work, provides technical support, monitors and measures the quality and effectiveness of Inspectors’ performance, and ensures that the Inspectors are suitably trained, motivated, and aware of their quality, service and technical responsibilities.
Training of both a technical and supervisory nature may be provided for this position depending on the requirements for the selected incumbent.
- P.Eng certification (or ability to attain due to equivalency)
- National Board Commission ‘A’ Endorsement (or ability to obtain) is a significant asset
- Working knowledge of boilers and pressure vessels
- Proven consistent achievement of expected results and the ability to get things done on time
- Solid computer skills
- Well organized, energetic, innovative and confident with a demonstrated ability to earn the respect of technically qualified peers and subordinates, previous experience leading direct reports preferred
We are committed to sustaining our Employment Equity Program to ensure that members of all groups enjoy equal access to jobs and are able to participate and contribute to their fullest potential.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference AM0214-IN and send a covering letter along with a resume.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.