The Boeing Company

The Boeing Company Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Highly Professional Calibers with High Tech and Advanced Solutions
Senior Principal Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Middle EastDecember 16, 2013
Pros: high salaries and benefits
Cons: managers in saudi practice racism
The best of Boeing is there compliance to the processes and procedures, people are very friendly and the way they are doing business is very mature.
Values are great, and they have passion to work with these values. The output of the company is great, as there are thousands of extraordinary products and services. I felt that I am part of an organization – more... that is very distinguished and that gave me motivation to excel.
The bad things about Boeing is its branch in Saudi Arabia, as it is being operated by Saudi Managers that believes in Saudization as a criteria to work with them, and this is the top of racism practiced in a highly professional company like Boeing. – less
ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Everett, WAOctober 23, 2013
THE ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB IS EXACTING AND LEARNING IS WORKING AND DESIGN PLANES PARTS.
Large corporate structure
Staff Analyst (Contractor, Volt) (Former Employee), Everett, WAMarch 1, 2013
Pros: last major us commercial aircraft manufacturer
Cons: long hours, relentless pressure
Large corporate structure with regular hire/layoff cycle. Not a good long-term employer.
Challenging, a lot to learn, many opportunities to advance, learn and expand.
Electrical Manufacturing Engineering Planner (Current Employee), Everett, WAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: many training opportunities and benifits.
Cons: long hours, very complex system and organization.
I love working at Boeing as I very much enjoy being around airplanes and working hard. This is a team oriented environment but also requires one to be self starting and able to work with minimum supervision whenever necessary. Technically challenging and complex, Mfg Engineering is right in the middle of everything happening in the production system – more... that is Boeing Commercial Airplanes. I've learned much about using a large variety of computer tools/programs in order to gather the information I need and to put it into a form required for production. I've gained a lot of experience working with Design Engineers, production mechanics, project managers, Supervisors and co-workers in order to get things done to support the business objectives required to build commercial airplanes. – less
Industrial Engineer - Level 3
Industrial Engineer for 737 Airplane and Paint (Current Employee), WinnipeqJune 19, 2012
I successfully managed improvement projects using lean and industrial engineering principles with improvement results of 25% in quality, lead
time and costs.

Demonstrated excellent leadership skills and meeting customers’ deadlines through leading process improvement projects and workshops to
improve overall 737 airplane production. Successfully compiled – more... project plans and timelines using Microsoft Project and made sure deadlines were met for all action items

Conduct rate studies by analyzing equipment capacity, space requirements, manpower forecasts, and mitigate any resulting risks

Effectively collecting data and standardizing processes with standard work

Continuously excelling in improving production quality by 25%, and participating in teams to conduct root cause analysis on quality issues, creating mitigation plans and productively implementing them

Contribute effectively in improvement kaizens and workshops for different production issues

Efficient use of MS office to create various access databases, excel tools that will help summarize metrics for internal customers

Participate in training new Industrial Engineering Personnel and summer students. – less
Very satisfying work environment
Aerospace Technician-Supervisor /Management Rep. (Current Employee), Arnprior, ONMay 30, 2012
Pros: great benefits package and pension plan
Cons: very stressful and demanding.
Manufacture detail parts and assemblies to manufacturing drawings and specifications. Manage 40-50 unionized employees to ensure quality, cost, delivery and safely targets are being met.
Great deal of leadership skills required, and a vast knowledge of manufacturing as well.
Very aggressive and demanding detail to scheduling with close attention to – more... quality.
Clean and organized team environment with unionized workforce.
Being able to travel to assembly plant and see assemblies installed in aircraft was amazing. – less
Not Good
Facilities construction Administrator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 21, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: low paying, poor management, outsourcing
Outsourcing, Managers "manage people," not "processes." They are out of touch.
Fast paced call center with a lot of new technologies and software
Tier 2 Technical Support (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 21, 2014
The best part of working for Boeing was interacting with the variety of customers from all over the world.
Good benefits/ Specific job enjoyable and challenging
Technical Lead Engineer/SEPG Representative (Current Employee), Chantilly, VirginiaApril 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: medical benefits are less due to economy
Good benefits. Great relationship with co-workers. Have opportunity to learn new languages and products.
You can learn and practice a lot and grov with the company
Technical Analyst II (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 19, 2014
Pros: you can get free lunches and boneses too
Cons: excellent healthcare
Fun and enjoyable workplace. Diversity, everyday learning and responsibilities are the norm. Boeing cares for their valuable employees and appreciates them.
Finance Director (Former Employee), Seattle, St. Louis, ChicagoApril 18, 2014
Pros: your work is truly meaningful for humankind and makes the world safer & more interconnected
Cons: culture of political correctness
My leaders regularly gave me a chance to try new things and color outside the box, essentially producing four very different careers with the same employer. I really admired my co-workers for their dedication, courage, knowledge, and passion.
Good place to work at
SENIOR ESTIMATING & PRICING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CAApril 17, 2014
Company has good compensation/benefits
Learn a lot from on the job training and working with great people and dedicated employees!
Productive workplace that is enjoyable, but is coming to an end.
Operations Analyst III (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 16, 2014
Pros: matching 401k contributions
Cons: professional growth
A great place to work with many professional employees and Management. I learned that the company does promote from within, however, some folks are left behind. I enjoy the commercial airplane statement of work and a typical day at work is fast paced and very rewarding.
profesional
structural mechanic (Former Employee), Mesa, AZApril 16, 2014
each day work is performed to specs mandated by both Boeings strict guidelines and the militaries specs
PeopleSoft HRMS Lead Consultant
PeopleSoft HRMS Lead Consultant (Former Employee), The Boeing CompanyApril 15, 2014
7+ years of PeopleSoft HCM experience in implementation, customization, upgrade and production support of PeopleSoft 8.3/8.8/8.9/9.0/9.1 HRMS/HCM & ELM.
Active team player with excellent inter personal skills, quick learner, willing to take higher responsibilities & challenges, dedicated to achieve higher productivity & growth to the organization by – more... self-commitment & innovation.
Proficient in gathering requirements, conducting business process analysis, creating functional design documents and user training. – less
Fun Productive work environment
Systems installation mechanic, full time (Former Employee), Everett, WAApril 14, 2014
Pros: fun, diverse, the people, management

I'd start off my day arriving 30 min early to prepare my work area for the job of the day. we would have our start up meeting as soon as we started. going over our agenda, current issue and plans for the future. i would then gather tools parts and drawing blueprints to do my job with quality and efficiently. – more... i enjoyed the feeling of accomplishment after a hard days work. – less
good
Aircraft Technician (Former Employee), Ridley Park, PAApril 14, 2014
Was a good place to work, Unstable with contracts with government
I enjoy me job
Mechanic (Current Employee), Everett, WAApril 13, 2014
I enjoy my job. I would really like to work in the hospitality business, Serving people. I enjoy hotels and making people enjoying there trip or visit.
Senior Office Administrator in Manufacturing Engineering
Senior Secretary (Former Employee), Everett, WAApril 11, 2014
Pros: good pay, excellent benefits
Cons: strikes and lay-offs
Would arrive early in the morning and have my manager's schedule ready for him. I answered and directed all phone calls that came in to that particular area of the department. Memos would be typed up, reports put together, travel arrangements made when necessary. I would edit organization charts and create any kind of presentation used by my manager. – more... I maintained and set-up any meetings needed. When orders were needed to made, I placed them.

I learned to be efficient anticipating any need my manager may have.

Management was always good.

Co-workers worked together as a team.

Hardest part was contending with situations that were out of my control.

Funnest part was when I was challenged in researching, writing, and teaching my peers (other office administrators) an advanced secretarial procedure class. This went very well and I received the highest award for this accomplishment. – less
Boeing Engineering
Entry into Service Engineer (Current Employee), Everett, WAApril 11, 2014
A tipical day at work looks different every time. That is one of its positives. In services, there is always something different and the possibility of impact. The hardest thing of my job is the schedules. As a support on a 24/7 service sometimes the hours are tough, but the team is great at working together and there is always something to learn.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Boeing Company

The Boeing Company (Boeing) is involved in the design, development, manufacture, sale and support of commercial jetliners, military – Read more

The Boeing Company Photos