The Body Shop Employee Reviews

My favourite store to work in.
Seasonal Cashier and Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2012
This was my first experience in the work place as a teen as a seasonal staff member, after which i learned about the product and helped the staff/management train others afterwards. A very rewarding career.
Pros
learning about products you use and their benefits and supporting a rewarding cause.
Cons
none.
TBS is a beauty company providing the consumers with a product that is not only fantastic but it supports and sustains world wide initiatives.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2012
TBS is a world wide company. The Canadian market is going through alot of changes and I would consider very unstable.

My position consisted of daily review of sales, setting action plans, touchbases, conference calls and shop visits. This position exposed me to the beauty industry which I was not familular with.
Pros
world wide, great market, great peers
Cons
lack of direction, lack of consistant management
customer service
1 Asst.Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 July 2012
Typical day at work would be customer service making sure our customers are being served. Also making sure budget and goals are met. Coaching is very important as well as training new staff.. hardest part is making sure staff is understanding what it is expected from the management team.. The best part of my job is our customers and also enjoying and being excited about the product that we are selling.
Fun, energetic place to work, with a strong focus on community fair trade values.
Key holder/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario18 July 2012
A typical day at The Body Shop starts with ensuring that the Point of Sale system is balanced, and working correctly. After completing the morning paperwork, the day is focused on ensuring that all customer needs are met, and all associates know their personal goals and the goals for the store that day.
Through working at The Body Shop I have learned how great it is work for a company with strong values such as, community fair trade, and not testing on animals. Through these strong values, I appreciate any company with a strong set of values, and that put their customers first.
The hardest part of my job at the team leader is balancing managing my fellow associates, and the interpersonal relationships I have formed with them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing our customers with great products that I am proud to sell to them.