The Body Shop

The Body Shop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I love Makeup and Retail
Makeup Artist & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, VTMarch 19, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: management
I real loved worked for the Body Shop! It was great, fun time's, I love working will the lady's. Unfortunately the management at the time was not the best!
Self Employed
Consultant (Current Employee), DerbyMarch 14, 2014
I am working to get myself know and it is hard to start with but its starting to come together and makes for an interesting time x
Amazing company with good expectations
Supervisor (Former Employee), SalisburyMarch 11, 2014
Pros: getting to know the new products
Cons: lack of strong team
This was a great company to work for and their values as a company are one to be admired. The day to day activities where not voiced to us but written down for us to take control of and ensure they were completed.
I learned a lot about different products, benefits and features and how to sell these in a whole new way than i had previously tried. This – more... gave me great confidence when becoming the stores colour coach and doing make-overs and training sessions for the rest of the team.
The hardest part of this job was no knowing what the stores performance was or how well we were doing towards the stores and our personal targets. – less
Fun and exciting company to work for with great values.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Spokane, WAMarch 10, 2014
A typical day at work includes:
- Organizing and delegating tasks to be completed.
-Making clientele calls, to bring customers into the store.
-Maintaining shops appearance.
-Training employees on product knowledge and correct procedures to follow.
-Helping establish all customer needs and concerns.
-Completing paperwork.
-Taking conference calls.
-Completing – more... transactions on the register.

I have had nothing but good experiences working at The Body Shop. – less
Just a job
Sales Associate - Seasonal Employment (Former Employee), queens center mallMarch 6, 2014
Pros: discounts
From the little time that I was there the The Body Shop was a ok job.
Productive Sales Company
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 6, 2014
Pros: working & helping others, working with a great sales
Cons: part-time, not enough hours, work less then 4 days a week, slow
On a normal day at work I would interact with any incoming customers, demonstrating exsistant products or any new products that we are currently launching that month. Very imformative with all the products in the store.

I have learned a lot about the products that we offer, since they are more natural then other products & take part in the Community – more... Fair Trade Act.

I love all the people I work with, co-workers, and the management.
The job is pretty simple, I would say maybe the hardest part of the job would be, when I first started and I had to know each product, what they contained, and how they benefit for the customer as well as the community. My most enjoyable part of the day is, knowing that I have helped someone find the correct prouduct they were needing such as, makeup, bath & body care, accessories, skin care, mens products, a special gift for someone, home & body fragrances.

But I am currently looking for anything that can offer me more. Such as, more hours a week, work more days a week, full-time work. – less
Holiday work to get by to my next Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), alderwood mallMarch 1, 2014
Customer sales - Worked with a great group of people

None of the crew works there anymore
no comment
Assistant Store Manager and acting Manager (Current Employee), Crewe, ENGFebruary 21, 2014
no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment

no comment no comment – more... no comment no comment no comment
no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment
no comment no comment no comment no comment no comment – less
Good Job
Customer Consultant (Former Employee), CoventryFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: the products are amazing and you get good bonuses if the store hits targets
Cons: really hard to progress in the company, not as glamorous as it seems, very low contracts, hardly any overtime
I enjoyed working at The Body Shop, mainly because of my colleagues and my love of the products. There is a lot more to this job that you would initially think. For example, tidying stock room, heavy lifting, a lot of cleaning, makeovers, shop floor moves, cleaning make up stand, skin consultations and a lot of knowledge of all products (where the ingredients – more... are from and how the money from the ingredients helps farmers, women etc). A big issue for me was the hours. I was only contracted 12 hours and had rent and bills to pay which was very hard. The overtime wasn't that great. For me, it was never a permanent job due to short-houred contracts. – less
N/A
Senior Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 14, 2014
This was a learning experience if you enjoy retail work. This was about 10 years ago.
Low volume A/P role
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Mulgrave, VICFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: relaxed environment, onsite cafe, friendly
Cons: not as busy as i was used to.
Very friendly environment to work although I would have liked to have been a bit busier. On a daily basis I would open mail, process invoices, answer queries, do filing etc.
Fun Workplace
Temp (Former Employee), London, ENGFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: learning new skills of beauty
Good Overall Workplace, Friendly Staff, Learned New Skills Of Beauty.
Not the greatest
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: great product
Cons: my manager wasnt the greatest
the only thing i liked about my job was the customer service being able to find what they needed, my manager was not the greatest, she would ignore you for a week if she didn't like the way you made your displays, i didn't really learn much and i never felt appreciated even when i would make the highest sales
Working with people are nice, but working in there is different
Part Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: long breaks, good salary, and nice co workers
Cons: short hours, try to keep up with stocking on shelves to make look full, and possible get written up for not doing your tasks
When I got this job, I was told that I was gonna get about 35+ hours and it only happened just one time so I'm very disappointed with the hours I get. The people I work with are nice and fun, but whenever I work at there like things are not busy and this is my first time working as a manager and I'm still trying to learn how to be a leader in the store – more... and I get some negative comments/reviews from the store manager and area manager that I didn't do so well. I'm just very disappointed with this job. If you ever think about applying at this place, I would do it if only you love, I mean like truly love the skin care, body care, and giving others a make over too. That's another thing I've realized is I'm more into clothing fashion than beauty. – less
Interesting experience and good climate at work
Casual Christmas (Former Employee), NFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: free lunch, friendly enviroment, weekends free, some times short shifts
Cons: minimum wage
Work in The Body Shop make me involve in the fair trade and Community trade with people from the South Pacific countries.

As a journalist I enjoy met different stories, some very hard to deal with, as a war o be separate of their family or fiance for more than 1 year.

Even though the job was not my profile I really enjoyed my days in the warehouse.
A great company to work with
Adecco Temp (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: standing for long hour
Working long hours , Meeting new people, Learning new things
productive workplace
RETAIL MANAGER (Current Employee), RomfordFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: progession through the business, from sales consultant to store manager, ten years service rewarding in extra holiday and bonus.
Cons: salary not in line with the long hours put in and the responsiblitly i have.
Very productive and fast pace business, Since being at The Body Shop I have built self confidence, team motivation, great customer service skills as detailed in my CV.
Good Job
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), HomeFebruary 5, 2014
You're paid for what you do, so as such you can get out as much as you put in.
customer service
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Islington, ENGFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: owen lunch
Cons: part time
working at body shop was great having different things to work out with everyday such helping to do displays on the shop floor and heling at the till.
great for a on the side extra job
At home party consultant (Former Employee), Wangaratta, VICJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: working when it suited me, and being able to book parties around my other two jobs and busy lifestyle.
Cons: not a steady income and that the effort put out was more than the the money recived.
i started working for the body shop at home parties after i had one myself. the person who took my party suggested i started my own parties as a way of earning a bit more money on the side in the lead up to my overseas travels.
i grew fond of it however i didnt see the profit so thought that it was unbalanced in that i was putting in a lot of effort – more... and not seeing it as much in return. – less

About The Body Shop

The Body Shop® Australia is a fully Australian owned company. Owned by the Wise family, Graeme Wise opened the first Australian – Read more

The Body Shop Photos