The Body Shop

The Body Shop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: would have like more hours
I would stand by the door greeting and giving customer sample of the month/ day. Tell them any special that we have for the day. Help find any product from their needs. Stock what every needs to be stock, sweep, mop, clean restroom then go home.
Picker / Packaging
Warehouse (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2014
The Body Shop is a good company to work for but in the summer time there is barely in work
Good job
Sales assistant (Former Employee), BraeheadMay 27, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: pay
Good place to work, left after about 4 months but wish I stayed
Made me love Makeup
Sales Associate/ Acting Manager (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAMay 24, 2014
i loved it, coworkers were the best..i learned how to do make up and sales really big amounts of product. Management switched alot but was very nice.
No respect for me, nothing to do
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Macclesfield, ENGMay 22, 2014
Pros: free testers, free old products, relaxed environment
Cons: long hours, nothing to do, no customer or employee interaction, rudness
As I was here for work experience, I understood they could not teach me tasks such as managing the till ect... so they just let me hoover and stack shelves. Or they would put me in the stock room filling tester pots. They also took customers away from me who were talking to be asking about the products. I had been teaching myself about the products – more... and location of them since I started and was prepared for customer interaction, but the manager and employees were very rude by shouting I was a work experience girl and was not trained in the products. No I was not trained, but there was no need for rudeness, They would also smoke inside on the steps, so when I walked passed had to go through a cloud of smoke. The alarm regularly went off, but all they did was open the fire escape a slight amount. – less
Great products to work with.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: fun place to work.
Cons: not a lot of locations for advancement.
The Body shop is a fun atmosphere to work in. There is a great amount of product knowledge that goes into working here.
friendly workplace.
Retail (Former Employee), St Albans, ENGMay 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed working here the staff were so friendly and they made me feel very welcome.
Fun and productive place
Sales assistant (Former Employee), St.AndrewsMay 19, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: busy days, long hours
Kind and enjoyable work place. On a typical day I would stock shelves and clean the shop. I learned how to deal with costumers and learnt about the products. My co-workers were really nice and I enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was learning about all the different products at a short amount of time. I really enjoyed interacting – more... with the costumers. – less
teamwork and incentives
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 29, 2014
Working at the body shop was like being apart of a team. everyone was supportive i helping me achieve my personal goals which was the overall achievement for the goals of the teams, some days achieving personal goals lead to personal incentives such as a small gift or free lunch from the managers.
Just a college job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2014
Pros: philantropist
Cons: no advancement- low pay
Just a college job- I only worked there while going to college and learnt how to manage a team of employees. It was more fun than serious.
My time at The Body Shop.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), NorwichApril 24, 2014
A typical day at the Body Shop would change weekly. This would be due to the time of year, such as Christmas where the shop floor would become very busy. I learnt a lot at the body shop, which included the knowledge of make-up and skin care. My co-workers made my job even more enjoyable as I believe a friendly atmosphere is the best for great sales.
I Loved THE PRODUCTS And still use them!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), SanfordApril 19, 2014
I loved working one on one with our customers.
Gicing them 100% customer satisfaction was my goal.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 16, 2014
genuinely the best place ive ever worked, a lot of ongoing training that's basically just busy work but overall its great
productive and welcoming
Sale Assistant (Former Employee), RenfrewApril 14, 2014
Pros: welcoming
The Body Shop is a very welcoming place to work, everyone is so well organised and I enjoyed my time I had to work there, they are flexible and understanding and good with shift schedules.
fun and productive.great experince
Receptionist (Former Employee), Salinas, CAApril 9, 2014
Pros: free lunch. good music.
Cons: n/a
gained experience on being people-oriented, customer service, filing, setting appointments.
a typical day at work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), NorwichApril 9, 2014
Pros: breaks and a fair manager
Cons: long time standing
Doors open at 9am and customers are already to step foot into the shop. Just time for a last minute check of your appearance and then put into practice all the customer service training you have received.

One moment you can behind the till, next you can be discussing products with a customer, next you might be cleaning the shop or rearranging the stock.

The – more... job is varied and all staff are professional and well trained in their approach. – less
Key Holder
Key holder (Former Employee), Freehold, NJApril 4, 2014
I learned how to deal with paper work. Opening and closing the store. Keep the register and the safe and everything accounted for. Stocking and accepting deliveries.
Brand awareness and community involvement are key to this corporate environment
Vendor Relationship Manager (Current Employee), Wake Forest, NCApril 3, 2014
Pros: volunteer days
Cons: international headquarters
Overall a decent company to work for. Family oriented and close proximity to Raleigh
relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere.
Customer Service, Stocking, Retail (Current Employee), Boise, IDMarch 25, 2014
Pros: relaxing, steady environment.
Cons: compensation and lack of advancement.
Great co-workers and management.
Best part of job is assisting customers with skin care needs.
Great People
General Manager (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAMarch 24, 2014
Wonderful people to work with and fantastic customers. The hardest part of the job is getting in new business, with so many body shops in the area. Co-workers were great, and The Rear End Shop, next door, had wonderful workers and service also.

About The Body Shop

The Body Shop® Australia is a fully Australian owned company. Owned by the Wise family, Graeme Wise opened the first Australian – Read more

The Body Shop Photos