The Body Shop Employee Reviews

overall great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2015
Assistant Manager kept reducing my vacation time that she had approved of months before. Overall was a good place to work at.
Good tips. long hour
Server (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON13 October 2015
Good tips. long hour, Have worked here sereval years and have a goog repour with regular costumers. the hours are long but the tips are good.I enjoy interaction with the patrons
Pros
Freindly Attmosphere
Great Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 September 2015
Learned a great deal with this company. Great products, education and concept. From management to employees, they were all great to work with and many of us still keep in touch.
Pros
Knowledge gained
Good Job, People were rude.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 September 2015
We worked in the Mall, so we generally dealt with some rude customers, and that really sucked. We also didn't have a set manager at the time, and that doesn't really keep a company going. We also were in the middle of renos, so we had to work around alot of other workers, which was hard because our shop wasn't very big at all. Overall, it was a good place to work.
fun place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON17 September 2015
Fun and smells lovely. But the communication between management and staff isn`t there. Expectations are outrageous.
Pros
Free staff products upon new product launches
Cons
Over abundance of rules and regulations
Quite Satisfactory
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 September 2015
Satisfactory work culture along with flexible work hours. Not very complicated system which allows anyone to seamlessly join the team and become productive.
the body shop was a good atmosphere, great people to work with and always friendly customers
Cashier and Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2015
A typical day at the body shop was a good day except when it came to the manager and I we didn't really get along very well. I loved the co-workers I worked with always cheery and joyful to be around. the hardest part of my job was Christmas rush.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Fun Atmosphere
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver3 August 2015
Learned a lot of customer and product knowledge. It was a fun environment, good place to get customer service. Had great memories, management was on point.
contiuous learning and great atmosphere
Customer Consultant & Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 July 2015
Everyday is a new learning experience, with new products coming out every few months, your always learning something new about current or new product, daily specials and ongoing customer service.
My boss is the greatest holds everyone to their own standard, and holds everyone accountable to obtain goals... love seeing return customers that remember me and what I've taught them about skin care or make-up application.
Pros
company promos when new product comes out
Awful place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON17 March 2015
I always wanted to work at the body shop so when I got hired I was very excited, however, this only lasted a couple days. The manager lacked enthusiasm and organization, I got zero training and the schedule was awful, I was pretty much on call when I clearly told them I had another job, they still did not care.
I had to leave because it was just awful, I hated it and felt so uncomfortable, co workers are very helpful and nice but the management lacks a lot of organization and planning. There is a lack of communication so one manager would say one thing completely different from another.
In sum, I would never go back there. This is a shame since I love to shop at the store and I love their products
Pros
Reasonable wages
Cons
Lack of planning
Really love working there
Customer Consultant - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON17 March 2015
I loved working there. I loved the products, I loved the stories of the products, I loved what the job entailed, and talking to the customers there. Typical day is on your feet, approaching customers, and explaining products. You have to have a basic knowledge of skincare and basic skin conditions and chemicals in products. You have to know the benefits of different ingredients (ex. hemp vs. vitamin E for dry, red skin) and how to market it to the customer. Customers were always friendly. Management can be really good or really bad. I've worked in one store and had to go to another store for a couple nights because they were short staffed. One of managers was very overwhelming and demanding, the other was very kind and fun and free-spirited. It's all about who you get as a manager. Co-workers are alright. You either have your friends or you have your competition. Hardest part is selling the membership card, most enjoyable part is the customers and the products. Getting ready for work is fun too - I've never had a job that asked me to get make up on and be as pretty as I can be.
Pros
Good discount, awesome products, great customers
Cons
Long hours on their hard-wood floors can hurt your legs, booking time off is a pain
Productive and Fun Workplace
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth NS17 March 2015
A typical day at work consists of helping customers find what their looking for and telling them all about what The Body Shop stands for. I learned all about the products to ensure the best product for the customer, the co-workers were amazing and the management were always there in case we had any questions. The best part of the job was when it was busy because the time just flew by and you didn't even notice.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Great Company to Work for
Part-time Permanent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2015
The Body Shop is a great place to work as it deals with face to face interactions. If you enjoy meeting people and adding value to their day, then The Body Shop is the company to join. TBS ensures that there is continual training provided on a regular basis to maintain knowledgeable employees . The Body Shop allows their employees to share their ideas to hep the company stay current with trends and with what appeals to their clients. Everyday was a great working day, from the energetic employees to the customers who wanted to educate themselves on proper skin care & about TBS's community trade program.
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
n/a
Positive Friendly Environment
Customer Consultant, Key holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2015
This company always has new products to offer their clients. As customer consultants, our knowledge is constantly increasing in terms of product ingredients and their associated benefits. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, it is very easy for a new hire to observe their sales techniques and learn the product terminology in accordance with The Body Shop's guidelines. TBS offers a 50% discount to its' employees as well as one free product whenever a new line is introduced.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Salary
High energized, fun workplace
Cashier and Sales Person and Stock person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2015
A typical day at work consisted of dealing with cash, selling and restocking and trying out the amazing products.

I learned how to better deal with cash. I learned how to open and close a shop. I learned how to properly sell product.
I learned about the products.

The management was amazing!! Best people I have ever worked for. They were very friendly but consistent and stern when needed. Very organized, understanding and driven. Wonderful people.

My co-workers as well were very friendly, fun, enthusiastic, organized and driven.

The hardest part of my job was - nothing except getting paid minimum wage.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the management and staff and the amazing product i got to try out and sell each day!!
Pros
Great management and staff amazing product
Cons
minimum wage
terrible management, rude, training horrible
management (Former Employee) –  milton, ontario4 February 2015
It was find and wonderful, when the Manager did not come in. She was horrible, consistently on edge, had no self-control, fowl mouth and at times very rude to customers and has made employees cry.
Pros
good money
Cons
horrible management, unhealthy environment
Interactive, skill-building, educational, and fun work environment
Sales Consultant/Key Holder/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2015
Working at The Body Shop was very enabling. After about 15 months of working with the company, I had learned as much, or more, about customer service and retail as I did in all the years I had spent working all my previous retail related jobs.
Your always learning, with new products
Cashier (Former Employee) –  saint john, NB21 January 2015
When i worked there i loved it, you learned a lot a things about where the products comes from who its helping and the proceeds go to where they say they are going. but at the time the management wasn't good. i hear know though its better.
Lovely coworkers and great product
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 January 2015
Being in the corner of a mall, traffic can be quite slow. When I open the store I prepare the registers and floor for customers. Checking email to see if there are any changes to the sales. When the store opens it is slow. I make a list of things that can be done throughout the day if one hasn't already been made.

All the people I have worked with have been absolutely amazing. They are the kindest people I have met. I became friends with them very quickly, whether it was the current staff when I joined or the new hires.

The best part of this job is that you get to work with people you enjoy being around.
Pros
great product, staff discount, co workers, smells amazing, cruelty free, fair trade
Cons
few shifts, part-time only, head office, minimum wage
It is fun place to work and you can enjoy all the products
Sales Associate&Back up Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2015
The job is always busy or you need to keep yourself busy. There is always something do to, greet customers, restock, and learn more about products. I learn a lot form as job as a team lead. I lean how to communicate with other employee because it is so different when you need to give them orders and coach them. Also, I learn more about how to make a store nice and do first thing first. The hardest part of the job is you really need to have a good team or it will be the worst job you ever have. I love the product and I am always enjoy working there.
Pros
good employee discuont
Cons
break is short and team is really important

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.