The Body Shop

The Body Shop Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome energy and a great deal of support!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2014
Pros: management skills
Cons: slow traffic at location
The Experience I had from Training New staff for new locations in the area, learning new Lease Line selling Tactics and broadening my Skin Care knowledge were all great skills I developed working through The Body Shop.
nice company
USA. Assistant manager (Former Employee), Culver cityJune 10, 2014
Pros: free product
Cons: healthcare coverage
very fun enviroment, positive co workers and i love to help the customers
amazing manager
Sale assistant and the Make-up Colour crush Artist (Former Employee), Sale, ENGJune 7, 2014
the manager is amazing in bodyshop.
the staffs are real nice.
i have enjoyed it alot and now i would like to experience different skills.
Fun and interactive workplace
Sales Lead/Part time-Manager (Former Employee), Flushing, NYJune 6, 2014
Pros: got to play with makeup and lotions :)
Great company to work for. Love what they stand for and their mission. The staff are very well trained on product and selling pitches which makes your job a little easier. Working there you are very hands on and interact with the customers most of your day if your on the floor. You will notice a lot of returning customers mainly because of the brand – more... and how great it is but also because of the super friendly staff that I had noticed in almost every store I passed through. – less
Picked orders, made boxes and wrapped pallets
Order Picker (Former Employee), Wake Forest, NCJune 6, 2014
Pros: cool break area and free coffee
Cons: short work schedule
Picked orders made boxes, wrapped pallets, used pallet jack to transport orders to shipping area and kept work station clean. It was important that each order should have the correct product in them. Good. Easy to work with. The heat and dust. Making production at the end of the day.
fun place to work with
Assistant Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Holyoke, MAJune 5, 2014
Pros: play with make up all day
Cons: no flexibility
there wasn't usually a typical day it could vary from opening and closing the store, to customer service, make over appointments, sales, shipment, going over daily sales goals, floor sets, and so on. I learned a lot about what it takes to run a store. From the sales numbers we need to meet, to ordering supplies needed, management skills in training, – more... and many other things as well. Management wasn't as stable as I would have liked the manager would often leave in less than a year. The hardest part of the job was that people with no flexibility would be hired making it hard to make the schedule fair. The most enjoyable part was I loved the company and what they stood for. – less
Productive, Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 4, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: would have like more hours
I would stand by the door greeting and giving customer sample of the month/ day. Tell them any special that we have for the day. Help find any product from their needs. Stock what every needs to be stock, sweep, mop, clean restroom then go home.
Picker / Packaging
Warehouse (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2014
The Body Shop is a good company to work for but in the summer time there is barely in work
Good job
Sales assistant (Former Employee), BraeheadMay 27, 2014
Pros: free products
Cons: pay
Good place to work, left after about 4 months but wish I stayed
Made me love Makeup
Sales Associate/ Acting Manager (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAMay 24, 2014
i loved it, coworkers were the best..i learned how to do make up and sales really big amounts of product. Management switched alot but was very nice.
No respect for me, nothing to do
Shop Assistant (Former Employee), Macclesfield, ENGMay 22, 2014
Pros: free testers, free old products, relaxed environment
Cons: long hours, nothing to do, no customer or employee interaction, rudness
As I was here for work experience, I understood they could not teach me tasks such as managing the till ect... so they just let me hoover and stack shelves. Or they would put me in the stock room filling tester pots. They also took customers away from me who were talking to be asking about the products. I had been teaching myself about the products – more... and location of them since I started and was prepared for customer interaction, but the manager and employees were very rude by shouting I was a work experience girl and was not trained in the products. No I was not trained, but there was no need for rudeness, They would also smoke inside on the steps, so when I walked passed had to go through a cloud of smoke. The alarm regularly went off, but all they did was open the fire escape a slight amount. – less
Great products to work with.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: fun place to work.
Cons: not a lot of locations for advancement.
The Body shop is a fun atmosphere to work in. There is a great amount of product knowledge that goes into working here.
friendly workplace.
Retail (Former Employee), St Albans, ENGMay 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed working here the staff were so friendly and they made me feel very welcome.
Fun and productive place
Sales assistant (Former Employee), St.AndrewsMay 19, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: busy days, long hours
Kind and enjoyable work place. On a typical day I would stock shelves and clean the shop. I learned how to deal with costumers and learnt about the products. My co-workers were really nice and I enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was learning about all the different products at a short amount of time. I really enjoyed interacting – more... with the costumers. – less
teamwork and incentives
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 29, 2014
Working at the body shop was like being apart of a team. everyone was supportive i helping me achieve my personal goals which was the overall achievement for the goals of the teams, some days achieving personal goals lead to personal incentives such as a small gift or free lunch from the managers.
Just a college job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2014
Pros: philantropist
Cons: no advancement- low pay
Just a college job- I only worked there while going to college and learnt how to manage a team of employees. It was more fun than serious.
My time at The Body Shop.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), NorwichApril 24, 2014
A typical day at the Body Shop would change weekly. This would be due to the time of year, such as Christmas where the shop floor would become very busy. I learnt a lot at the body shop, which included the knowledge of make-up and skin care. My co-workers made my job even more enjoyable as I believe a friendly atmosphere is the best for great sales.
I Loved THE PRODUCTS And still use them!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), SanfordApril 19, 2014
I loved working one on one with our customers.
Gicing them 100% customer satisfaction was my goal.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 16, 2014
genuinely the best place ive ever worked, a lot of ongoing training that's basically just busy work but overall its great
productive and welcoming
Sale Assistant (Former Employee), RenfrewApril 14, 2014
Pros: welcoming
The Body Shop is a very welcoming place to work, everyone is so well organised and I enjoyed my time I had to work there, they are flexible and understanding and good with shift schedules.

About The Body Shop

The Body Shop® Australia is a fully Australian owned company. Owned by the Wise family, Graeme Wise opened the first Australian – Read more

The Body Shop Photos