The Body Shop

The Body Shop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poorly managed company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, CTDecember 29, 2013
Some of the management was very pleasant to work with while other parts of management was grueling and very frustrating. I learned a lot about skin and body care as well as basic make-up essentials.
fun environment
Sales associate, cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 19, 2013
I had a lot of fun working here at the airport... always got my makeup done, met new faces and enjoyed selling the product because I felt very passionate about their products... love their lotions, face creams, makeup, etc. I didn't have a hard time selling their products because I loved to use it... worked crazy hours because it was at the airport – more... but never had any regrets about my time spent at the body shop. – less
Great Team Building
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New York, New YorkNovember 23, 2013
Pros: great staff
Cons: hours
Working with this company, you grow and become a team member with your staff. Helping each other to better your skills with one another as well with customer service.
Fun workplace
Stocker (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2013
working in the airport allowed me to communicate with alot of different people from all across the world.
Temporary Stock Controller (Former Employee), Bridgend, WalesNovember 18, 2013
Pros: good company
Cons: long hours
stacking shelves and rotating stock, the hardest part was making sure everything is put out right after others moving things. the enjoyable part was meeting new people and the smell on some of the new fragrances
Great Products
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 17, 2013
Pros: free products!
Excellent product knowledge.
Compensation not on par with competition.
Very thoughtful marketing.
Fun, energetic place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Murray, UTNovember 12, 2013
Everyone that works here is awesome and fun to be around! A very easy place to work. You have to know about every product and where it comes from. Hours are 9:30 - 9:30 depending on shift.
fun and friendly
Receptionist (Current Employee), covent gardenNovember 8, 2013
fun and friendly. full of motivated staff always making the day fun and fulfilling. gives you good experience in customer service and selling skills.
Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), SolihullNovember 7, 2013
At The Body Shop I worked for two weeks where I gained basic knowledge on customer service and stock counts and how they were all processed within the company.
A very nice place to work
Customer care (Former Employee), Bath, ENGNovember 6, 2013
Pros: good management
Cons: far from home
Full make up, nice and clean very organised. Charity events
Fast Paced Retail Management in SeaTac Airport
Shop Manager (Current Employee), SeaTac AirportNovember 2, 2013
I've been a Shop Manager for 2 1/2 years at the #1 Volume location for The Body Shop. I coach a team of 14 full and part time employees. During my time I've learned to adapt quickly to change, drive sales through coaching and development, and develop business relationships with airlines to increase footfall. I love the companies values and all the amazing – more... social work they do around the world. – less
Productive, Company Growth and a Well organized Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: if sales are executed the company gives free products as recognition
Cons: theres so much to learn with so little time.
Being that I've only been with the company for less than half a year this company gives great benefit. This company displays positive leadership in their store management as well as a company whole. They offer sales assoicate's self development for further growth within the company.
Company with positive values and ethical practices.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 16, 2013
Pros: paid vacation, sick days
Cons: pay raises are minimal or non-existant
The best part of working for The Body Shop was the customer interaction and being able to sell a high quality product that is beneficial to the client as well as the world. We used Community Fair trade ingredients in 70% of our products as well as recycled materials in our packaging. We also supported a positive self-esteem attitude.
body shop
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 15, 2013
work is easy depending on your co workers
learn a lot about the beauty industry
Not as i expected
Bolton Sales Assistant (Former Employee), BoltonOctober 12, 2013
I had learned how to communicate with customers and also to know how to deal with the different customers as this was my work experience.
great place to work!
sales consultant (Former Employee), leedsOctober 9, 2013
selling and achieve sales, working towards targets of the company. I learned how to focus on customer service.

I loved my team and was always working on my own targets and goals to ensure KPIS were met.

I loved meeting new people and enjoyed the selling focus and team.
TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), MontgomeryvilleOctober 6, 2013
Cons: i did not get a break in an 8 hour shift often. bad place to work, pathetic management.
The Body Shop seemed to be a beautiful, original idea. Then, it was bought, commercialized, and ruined. My experience from working in a mall location of The Body Shop, was terrible. My store manager was a HORRIBLE manager, she threatened to fire people, she did not know what she was doing, and lost her staff. We were told to hover around customers, – more... push push push sales, and our numbers were all that seemed to matter. I think the management of The Body Shop is awful and will be the end of the brand eventually. – less
Pretty fun
assistant manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: great product
Cons: poor upper management
I had really good relationships with a few other managers and a lot of clients but really bad management in my store and on the district level. But the company has changed for the worse ever since the founder died and Loreal took over.
Great people/customers and co-workers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: people, fun, friendly
Cons: pay
I loved working for the body shop. I enjoy the products and am passionate about them. I also loved every employee I ever had throughout the three years I worked there. The downside was that I was paid a little above minimum wage which is not a viable means of living in any city.
Creative, always enjoyed the customer service
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: this store was in the mall a social enviorment, happy!
Cons: could have long hour alone at times some seasons not busy.
Bank deposits, schedules, inventory check, inventory received would be recorded and displays might be rearranged to accommodate new items. Assist customers throughout the day preform makeovers that was what allowed me my creativity..this was very popular at our store. we were always scheduling for make up, I even got to do make up for some brides, this – more... was very fun and complimentary to my technique. Management included hiring scheduling banking many opening and closings. I found this that the co workers were very pleasant. This was a company that believed in protecting the enviorment . And was manufacturing organic, homeopathic products that were very pleasing to smell (essential oils) and be around. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was that I did and still do believe in a natural life style. It is not hard to sell it, most people want it and are attracted to it. So that made work and of course my numbers in retail enjoyable it was easy and natural. What more could you ask for! – less

About The Body Shop

Promoting beauty in the customer's eye instead of the beholder's, The Body Shop International sells skin and hair care products – Read more

The Body Shop Photos