The Body Shop Employee Reviews

The Body Shop sells very good products that I continue
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta7 October 2013
Happy fun atmosphere where the assosicates truly love the product they sell.
Informative work enviornment, friendly co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam BC19 August 2013
I enjoyed working there as seasonal staff. It was fast paced during the winter months. I learned everything from product placement to working with the customers and helping them find what they are looking for.
My manager at the time was fair and enjoyable to work with and she really knew what she was doing. some of my co-workers were enjoyable to work with and others around the end of my time there became hostile to other staff and the manager.
The most enjoyable part would have been the easy going environment and how easy going the manager was.
The hardest part would have been the hours and dealing with some of the back room politics that went on.
Pros
Good managment
Cons
NO job security
exciting and the managers are really friendly
Sales Associate / Stock / Cashier (Former Employee) –  vancouver bc (pacific center)20 July 2013
On most days I would be involved with opening or closing. Throughout the day I would maintain stock and fix the shelves, operate cash register and helped with customer assistance. I made exceeding sales as well
It was a great place to work.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Langley, British Columbia26 June 2013
I had a lot of fun working there. The other employees were really supportive. My manager was fun to work with too. The entire team was great to work with. Even during the holidays or during a big sale when times get tough, we still had a load of fun but still got the job done.

A typical day at work consisted a lot of helping customers with their shopping. I did a lot of consultations with them. I also earned the nickname of the Human Dictionary. It was really rewarding for me to see the results when they came back with good reviews on the products and regimes that I recommended.

One of the hardest things about my job were when a customer came in angry about something. I always managed to calm them down, but it was quite stressful, not only for myself but for the atmosphere of the store as well.
Pros
good work environment, employee discount, working with customers
Cons
long hours, management turnover
Loyal and energetic company
Sales Associate and Store Key Holder/MOD (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 June 2013
Great Staff
Great Values
Management team was efficient and fair to staff
I was able to strengthen my leadership skills, as well as gain insight on approaching customers, up selling product, and connecting sales.
Being able to successfully assist customers was a rewarding feeling that drove my sales.
Having customers come back and compliment my work ethic was rewarding.
AMAZING training program, FUN and HAPPY place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2013
Super nice staff, very fun environment. Customers were always happy campers and great supporters of our line.

The training provided was amazing and makes employees feel very confident with what they are selling
Fun and Friendly work place with flexible hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 March 2013
A typical day at work includes: getting updated on the sales going on for the day, products we may have gotten in or ran out of. We are also told our goals for sales, ATV and number of memberships to sell. We then go about greeting and helping customers with their wants and needs. This sometimes means looking up ingredient lists for people with allergies, calling other stores to see if they have a product, asking about the customers skin types to figure out the best product for them. It could also mean helping someone find a gift, which can be complicated or easy depending on how much they know about the person. Very rarely have I had to resort to a simple gift card rather than finding a suitable gift that people of all ages and likes would enjoy. I have learned about various ingredients that a only found in products found at the Body Shop that help support community fair trade or that are healthier than regular products you could find at other stores. The management is great, but sometimes hard to learn info from and I have had to look up information on the company website. The hardest part of the job is that there are not many hours to be had. the most enjoyable part is being at work! My co-workers are great and have a great knowledge base of the products themselves so we often help each other out. Another part I love about this job is that it is not just about sales as many retail jobs seem to be. I spend a lot of my time actually getting to know all about the customer and we become more friends than the usual customer-sales associate relationship that leaves you feeling  more... like a machine rather than a person.  less
Pros
flexible around school, ethics, helpful co-workers
Cons
few hours
The Body Shop was definately the most exciting - and best smelling - job environmentI have ever worked in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Devonshire mall, Howard.21 February 2013
To be honest, the typical day at work was a walk in the park, and however exciting the environment was, the job itself was unstimulating because my social skills already surpass that of a sales associate for beauty products- but a job's a job, am I right?
My favorite part had to be taking in the shipments and stocking, because I am the type of person who ADORES stretching their memory and I loved having to know what product was where and how much at all times, and doing all the calculations in my head all the while, boy did I enjoy that! The co-workers and management there were to die for in their levels of kindness and compassion and I could not have asked for a better work team. Unfortunately the only information I learned there was a few new bits on teatree oil and vitamin E products, etc. All in all, the Body shop was a dream job and I was glad to work there for the short time that I did, because there was no hard tasks whatsoever.
Pros
half an our free roam lunches around the mall!, (i loved how you can leave and do whatever you like in that time)
Cons
if you were having any feelings of loniness throughout the day, you were screwed because there was a lot of pretty girls around :p
Very cultured and organized company with very structured guidelines and training
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, Ontario17 February 2013
A typical day includes daily training and employee feedback in addition to dealing with customers and clients with their needs. Establishing tasks in order of importance as well as communicating with upper management. Budgeting and payroll along with targeting sales a must on a daily basis in order to minimize end of week deficits.
I learned that not everything can be done by one's self and that delegating is an important part of a successful business.
The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with different customers and teaching and training staff.
Pros
great values and lots of training materials
Cons
changes in training material were too constant.
My favourite store to work in.
Seasonal Cashier and Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2012
This was my first experience in the work place as a teen as a seasonal staff member, after which i learned about the product and helped the staff/management train others afterwards. A very rewarding career.
Pros
learning about products you use and their benefits and supporting a rewarding cause.
Cons
none.
TBS is a beauty company providing the consumers with a product that is not only fantastic but it supports and sustains world wide initiatives.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2012
TBS is a world wide company. The Canadian market is going through alot of changes and I would consider very unstable.

My position consisted of daily review of sales, setting action plans, touchbases, conference calls and shop visits. This position exposed me to the beauty industry which I was not familular with.
Pros
world wide, great market, great peers
Cons
lack of direction, lack of consistant management
customer service
1 Asst.Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 July 2012
Typical day at work would be customer service making sure our customers are being served. Also making sure budget and goals are met. Coaching is very important as well as training new staff.. hardest part is making sure staff is understanding what it is expected from the management team.. The best part of my job is our customers and also enjoying and being excited about the product that we are selling.
Fun, energetic place to work, with a strong focus on community fair trade values.
Key holder/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario18 July 2012
A typical day at The Body Shop starts with ensuring that the Point of Sale system is balanced, and working correctly. After completing the morning paperwork, the day is focused on ensuring that all customer needs are met, and all associates know their personal goals and the goals for the store that day.
Through working at The Body Shop I have learned how great it is work for a company with strong values such as, community fair trade, and not testing on animals. Through these strong values, I appreciate any company with a strong set of values, and that put their customers first.
The hardest part of my job at the team leader is balancing managing my fellow associates, and the interpersonal relationships I have formed with them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing our customers with great products that I am proud to sell to them.
Belle entreprise
Coordinatrice CRM Digital & Retail (Former Employee) –  Paris12 July 2015
Equipe à taille humaine
Directeur Général au top
Apprentissage favorisé (possibilité d'être curieux, d'apprendre, de poser des questions aux autres départements)
Les stagiaires sont valorisés
Pros
collègues, environnement de travail, management