The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with excellent manager and co workers
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB24 October 2013
I usually opened in the morning with preparing the float,starting the computers opening the doors.As I key holder I had access to the safe.
Closing procedures were POS administration and Cash out ,finish paperwork and report to head office.
Stocking up,keeping track of orders,customer service advisory and
knowledge of our products was something I really enjoyed as a Body Shop sales associate.This company has great values and that is what I stand for as well.
Pros
Outstanding work moral
Cons
n/a
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 July 2014
Working for The Body Shop was amazing. The people, the management and especially the training. Here I learned excellent customer service, 7 steps of the sale, how to be a supervisor and manager that brings the best out of my team. I learned what it take to not just build but to also keep the business going. The hardest part was leaving and the most enjoyable time was Christmas. Christmas at The Body shop will always be my fondest memories.
Very cultured and organized company with very structured guidelines and training
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, Ontario17 February 2013
A typical day includes daily training and employee feedback in addition to dealing with customers and clients with their needs. Establishing tasks in order of importance as well as communicating with upper management. Budgeting and payroll along with targeting sales a must on a daily basis in order to minimize end of week deficits.
I learned that not everything can be done by one's self and that delegating is an important part of a successful business.
The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with different customers and teaching and training staff.
Pros
great values and lots of training materials
Cons
changes in training material were too constant.
Informative work enviornment, friendly co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam BC19 August 2013
I enjoyed working there as seasonal staff. It was fast paced during the winter months. I learned everything from product placement to working with the customers and helping them find what they are looking for.
My manager at the time was fair and enjoyable to work with and she really knew what she was doing. some of my co-workers were enjoyable to work with and others around the end of my time there became hostile to other staff and the manager.
The most enjoyable part would have been the easy going environment and how easy going the manager was.
The hardest part would have been the hours and dealing with some of the back room politics that went on.
Pros
Good managment
Cons
NO job security
High energized, fun workplace
Cashier and Sales Person and Stock person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2015
A typical day at work consisted of dealing with cash, selling and restocking and trying out the amazing products.

I learned how to better deal with cash. I learned how to open and close a shop. I learned how to properly sell product.
I learned about the products.

The management was amazing!! Best people I have ever worked for. They were very friendly but consistent and stern when needed. Very organized, understanding and driven. Wonderful people.

My co-workers as well were very friendly, fun, enthusiastic, organized and driven.

The hardest part of my job was - nothing except getting paid minimum wage.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the management and staff and the amazing product i got to try out and sell each day!!
Pros
Great management and staff amazing product
Cons
minimum wage
Terrible Store manager, unrealistic expectations, overly competitive environment, unethical products
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 May 2014
I first applied to The Body Shop because of how ethical I thought they were. After being there awhile i learned that they are completely fake. They claim to be against animal testing but are owned by L'Oreal and they do test on animals. The most recent product they came out with was called moisture white, a product to lighten skin tone. All staff were told to sell to anyone who looked of Asian descent which is unbelievably racist. Store Manager was completely unreliable, and unorganized and called sick staff in to cover her shifts. All in all a terrible work environment I do not recommend working for The Body Shop at all.
Pros
Cons
bad manager, terrible pay, unethical
Loyal and energetic company
Sales Associate and Store Key Holder/MOD (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 June 2013
Great Staff
Great Values
Management team was efficient and fair to staff
I was able to strengthen my leadership skills, as well as gain insight on approaching customers, up selling product, and connecting sales.
Being able to successfully assist customers was a rewarding feeling that drove my sales.
Having customers come back and compliment my work ethic was rewarding.
customer service
1 Asst.Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 July 2012
Typical day at work would be customer service making sure our customers are being served. Also making sure budget and goals are met. Coaching is very important as well as training new staff.. hardest part is making sure staff is understanding what it is expected from the management team.. The best part of my job is our customers and also enjoying and being excited about the product that we are selling.
Productive and a good energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 February 2014
The girls i worked with were amazing and always so sweet. I loved the environment and how happy everyone was coming and leaving work. It was a great experience unfortunately, I had to quite due to the fact that I moved to Toronto.
Pros
The sprays and creams did not give me a headache
Cons
nothing at all maybe the weather getting to work but work itself no cons.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 April 2014
Great place to work, especially as a student.
I learned how to be very quick and independent.
Management is friendly and understanding
My co-workers are sweet and caring people
The hardest part of my job is being a full-time student at the same time.
The most enjoyable part about my job is working for a company that has great values and believes.
Pros
Great people
Good tips. long hour
Server (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON13 October 2015
Good tips. long hour, Have worked here sereval years and have a goog repour with regular costumers. the hours are long but the tips are good.I enjoy interaction with the patrons
Pros
Freindly Attmosphere
Cons
Interactive, skill-building, educational, and fun work environment
Sales Consultant/Key Holder/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2015
Working at The Body Shop was very enabling. After about 15 months of working with the company, I had learned as much, or more, about customer service and retail as I did in all the years I had spent working all my previous retail related jobs.
My favourite store to work in.
Seasonal Cashier and Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2012
This was my first experience in the work place as a teen as a seasonal staff member, after which i learned about the product and helped the staff/management train others afterwards. A very rewarding career.
Pros
learning about products you use and their benefits and supporting a rewarding cause.
Cons
none.
fun place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON17 September 2015
Fun and smells lovely. But the communication between management and staff isn`t there. Expectations are outrageous.
Pros
Free staff products upon new product launches
Cons
Over abundance of rules and regulations
It was a great place to work.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Langley, British Columbia26 June 2013
I had a lot of fun working there. The other employees were really supportive. My manager was fun to work with too. The entire team was great to work with. Even during the holidays or during a big sale when times get tough, we still had a load of fun but still got the job done.

A typical day at work consisted a lot of helping customers with their shopping. I did a lot of consultations with them. I also earned the nickname of the Human Dictionary. It was really rewarding for me to see the results when they came back with good reviews on the products and regimes that I recommended.

One of the hardest things about my job were when a customer came in angry about something. I always managed to calm them down, but it was quite stressful, not only for myself but for the atmosphere of the store as well.
Pros
good work environment, employee discount, working with customers
Cons
long hours, management turnover
overall great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2015
Assistant Manager kept reducing my vacation time that she had approved of months before. Overall was a good place to work at.
Fun, energetic place to work, with a strong focus on community fair trade values.
Key holder/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario18 July 2012
A typical day at The Body Shop starts with ensuring that the Point of Sale system is balanced, and working correctly. After completing the morning paperwork, the day is focused on ensuring that all customer needs are met, and all associates know their personal goals and the goals for the store that day.
Through working at The Body Shop I have learned how great it is work for a company with strong values such as, community fair trade, and not testing on animals. Through these strong values, I appreciate any company with a strong set of values, and that put their customers first.
The hardest part of my job at the team leader is balancing managing my fellow associates, and the interpersonal relationships I have formed with them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing our customers with great products that I am proud to sell to them.
Great Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 September 2015
Learned a great deal with this company. Great products, education and concept. From management to employees, they were all great to work with and many of us still keep in touch.
Pros
Knowledge gained
terrible management, rude, training horrible
management (Former Employee) –  milton, ontario4 February 2015
It was find and wonderful, when the Manager did not come in. She was horrible, consistently on edge, had no self-control, fowl mouth and at times very rude to customers and has made employees cry.
Pros
good money
Cons
horrible management, unhealthy environment
AMAZING training program, FUN and HAPPY place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 March 2013
Super nice staff, very fun environment. Customers were always happy campers and great supporters of our line.

The training provided was amazing and makes employees feel very confident with what they are selling