The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun Workplace
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth NS17 March 2015
A typical day at work consists of helping customers find what their looking for and telling them all about what The Body Shop stands for. I learned all about the products to ensure the best product for the customer, the co-workers were amazing and the management were always there in case we had any questions. The best part of the job was when it was busy because the time just flew by and you didn't even notice.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Great Company to Work for
Part-time Permanent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2015
The Body Shop is a great place to work as it deals with face to face interactions. If you enjoy meeting people and adding value to their day, then The Body Shop is the company to join. TBS ensures that there is continual training provided on a regular basis to maintain knowledgeable employees . The Body Shop allows their employees to share their ideas to hep the company stay current with trends and with what appeals to their clients. Everyday was a great working day, from the energetic employees to the customers who wanted to educate themselves on proper skin care & about TBS's community trade program.
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
n/a
fun place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON17 September 2015
Fun and smells lovely. But the communication between management and staff isn`t there. Expectations are outrageous.
Pros
Free staff products upon new product launches
Cons
Over abundance of rules and regulations
A workplace that taught me a lot of new skills!
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2014
A typical day at work included assisting customers with skincare, bath and body care, and makeup needs; ringing customers through cash; and restocking merchandise.
I developed skills in applying makeup on other people by giving makeovers to customers, I also learned to recommend the right makeup and skincare products to customers based on their needs and concerns. My coworkers were all very fun to work with and my managers always made sure I did my job to my level best.
I really enjoyed giving customers makeovers and being able to interact with them on a more personal level! I found it really rewarding because they loved the looks!
Pros
Great discount, free products!
Cons
Constantly changing environment
overall great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2015
Assistant Manager kept reducing my vacation time that she had approved of months before. Overall was a good place to work at.
Fun, energetic place to work, with a strong focus on community fair trade values.
Key holder/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, Ontario18 July 2012
A typical day at The Body Shop starts with ensuring that the Point of Sale system is balanced, and working correctly. After completing the morning paperwork, the day is focused on ensuring that all customer needs are met, and all associates know their personal goals and the goals for the store that day.
Through working at The Body Shop I have learned how great it is work for a company with strong values such as, community fair trade, and not testing on animals. Through these strong values, I appreciate any company with a strong set of values, and that put their customers first.
The hardest part of my job at the team leader is balancing managing my fellow associates, and the interpersonal relationships I have formed with them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing our customers with great products that I am proud to sell to them.
It is fun place to work and you can enjoy all the products
Sales Associate&Back up Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2015
The job is always busy or you need to keep yourself busy. There is always something do to, greet customers, restock, and learn more about products. I learn a lot form as job as a team lead. I lean how to communicate with other employee because it is so different when you need to give them orders and coach them. Also, I learn more about how to make a store nice and do first thing first. The hardest part of the job is you really need to have a good team or it will be the worst job you ever have. I love the product and I am always enjoy working there.
Pros
good employee discuont
Cons
break is short and team is really important
Good Job, People were rude.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB23 September 2015
We worked in the Mall, so we generally dealt with some rude customers, and that really sucked. We also didn't have a set manager at the time, and that doesn't really keep a company going. We also were in the middle of renos, so we had to work around alot of other workers, which was hard because our shop wasn't very big at all. Overall, it was a good place to work.
Quite Satisfactory
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 September 2015
Satisfactory work culture along with flexible work hours. Not very complicated system which allows anyone to seamlessly join the team and become productive.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 July 2014
Working for The Body Shop was amazing. The people, the management and especially the training. Here I learned excellent customer service, 7 steps of the sale, how to be a supervisor and manager that brings the best out of my team. I learned what it take to not just build but to also keep the business going. The hardest part was leaving and the most enjoyable time was Christmas. Christmas at The Body shop will always be my fondest memories.
customer service
1 Asst.Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 July 2012
Typical day at work would be customer service making sure our customers are being served. Also making sure budget and goals are met. Coaching is very important as well as training new staff.. hardest part is making sure staff is understanding what it is expected from the management team.. The best part of my job is our customers and also enjoying and being excited about the product that we are selling.
Loyal and energetic company
Sales Associate and Store Key Holder/MOD (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 June 2013
Great Staff
Great Values
Management team was efficient and fair to staff
I was able to strengthen my leadership skills, as well as gain insight on approaching customers, up selling product, and connecting sales.
Being able to successfully assist customers was a rewarding feeling that drove my sales.
Having customers come back and compliment my work ethic was rewarding.
The Body Shop was definately the most exciting - and best smelling - job environmentI have ever worked in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Devonshire mall, Howard.21 February 2013
To be honest, the typical day at work was a walk in the park, and however exciting the environment was, the job itself was unstimulating because my social skills already surpass that of a sales associate for beauty products- but a job's a job, am I right?
My favorite part had to be taking in the shipments and stocking, because I am the type of person who ADORES stretching their memory and I loved having to know what product was where and how much at all times, and doing all the calculations in my head all the while, boy did I enjoy that! The co-workers and management there were to die for in their levels of kindness and compassion and I could not have asked for a better work team. Unfortunately the only information I learned there was a few new bits on teatree oil and vitamin E products, etc. All in all, the Body shop was a dream job and I was glad to work there for the short time that I did, because there was no hard tasks whatsoever.
Pros
half an our free roam lunches around the mall!, (i loved how you can leave and do whatever you like in that time)
Cons
if you were having any feelings of loniness throughout the day, you were screwed because there was a lot of pretty girls around :p
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 April 2014
Great place to work, especially as a student.
I learned how to be very quick and independent.
Management is friendly and understanding
My co-workers are sweet and caring people
The hardest part of my job is being a full-time student at the same time.
The most enjoyable part about my job is working for a company that has great values and believes.
Pros
Great people
Fun Atmosphere
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver3 August 2015
Learned a lot of customer and product knowledge. It was a fun environment, good place to get customer service. Had great memories, management was on point.
Fun place to work with excellent manager and co workers
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB24 October 2013
I usually opened in the morning with preparing the float,starting the computers opening the doors.As I key holder I had access to the safe.
Closing procedures were POS administration and Cash out ,finish paperwork and report to head office.
Stocking up,keeping track of orders,customer service advisory and
knowledge of our products was something I really enjoyed as a Body Shop sales associate.This company has great values and that is what I stand for as well.
Pros
Outstanding work moral
Cons
n/a
Day in life
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, sk20 June 2014
I really love working for a company with same culture and beliefs I have. Love to work with a product I believe in. Plus a great support system from co-managers and upper management.
Pros
Above
Cons
None really
terrible management, rude, training horrible
management (Former Employee) –  milton, ontario4 February 2015
It was find and wonderful, when the Manager did not come in. She was horrible, consistently on edge, had no self-control, fowl mouth and at times very rude to customers and has made employees cry.
Pros
good money
Cons
horrible management, unhealthy environment
welcoming environment, no opportunity of advancement
Sales (Former Employee) –  ontario3 February 2014
very good work environment as long as you are open to change. The people make the atmosphere. No chance of advancing. Everything else sucks. Definitely a dead end no matter how good or bad you are. Respectful management
Your always learning, with new products
Cashier (Former Employee) –  saint john, NB21 January 2015
When i worked there i loved it, you learned a lot a things about where the products comes from who its helping and the proceeds go to where they say they are going. but at the time the management wasn't good. i hear know though its better.