The Body Shop

The Body Shop Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place!
Certified Fitness Trainer (Former Employee), Croswell, MINovember 28, 2014
This was a great job and learned a lot about working with people my age and older while working out in the gym.
No coworkers and management was great, i enjoyed the people the most.
awful company
Assistant Shop Manager (Full-time) (Former Employee), bwi airport marylandNovember 23, 2014
this company uses threats and intimidation to manage their workers
good company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Riverhead, NYNovember 17, 2014
i learned a lot working for marshalls. Given the correct opportunity and management you can learn a large amount working at marshalls. As well as creating displays and making them your own.
Self Employed flexiable position
Driver Coordinator and Accounts Administrator (Current Employee), LittlehamptonNovember 16, 2014
Pros: fits in around your working life
Cons: the current economic climate
The Bodyshop At Home is a self employed position of which you drive team sales and mentor my team. This position is flexible and fits in around my own lifestyle.
The Bodyshop offer huge benefits for working for them and I thoroughly enjoy my job.
I mange my on going growing team, mentoring, coaching and providing them training.
I put together meeting agendas and run my own meetings.
Enjoyable work place. Great bath and body products.
Sales lead/Mgr. (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: discounts on products and employee incentives.
Cons: no healthcare for part time people and small break room.
Typical day at work would include opening the 2 registers if I was the morning Mgr. Setting store goals as well as a goal for myself. Understanding floor set if it needed replenishment or changing. Coaching employees regarding any tasks needed to be done and knowing their goal for the day.
Hardest part was getting floor set done in before store opening as it consisted of a lot of product and marketing. Each month we would change the floor. The most enjoyable was demonstrating the bath and body products as they essentially sell after we showed customers how great they were.
Demonstrating beauty products in customers homes
Consultant and Area Manager (Former Employee), HomeNovember 11, 2014
Pros: my bathroom always smelt lovely and i had tons of products for birthday gifts
Cons: unethical management team
Make lots of calls to friends and family to book Body Shop at Home parties. Promote products and offer demonstrations, promote offers and gain sales and future party bookings.
The regional manager wasn't a very nice person to work for and had some very devious ways of reaching her team target. I made a complaint to head office when I found out my manager was involved in fraudulent activity. My manager heard about this and she closed my account without warning even though I had customer orders outstanding. Head office reinstated my account and I decided to leave the company. The regional manager in question has since left the company. The products are ethical but some of the managers aren't. We were encouraged to alter offers and prices to increase our sales and profits which I didn't feel was right.
Something to do while i was in school
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaOctober 30, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: the pay
Selling and creating displays

I learned about the different fashions around the world

They were okay not focus enough

They were awesome

The customers and my coworkers
Work Experiance
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Broadstairs, ENGOctober 18, 2014
A typical day at work involved cleaning stock shelves and re-stacking and sorting out deliveries for customers and the shop. The overall team was friendly and well organised and a tight knit group. I learnt how to socialize with customers and answer any problems or questions also i got experience in working a day to day job. The hardest part of the job was socializing with customers but i eventually enjoyed it. The best part of the job was organizing the stock out the back ready for the shop floor.
New working environment for retail
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: scheduled irregular hours
Amazing Management team, supportive, understanding, and patient for new employees
Great for entry-level management experience
Part Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2014
The Body Shop is a very flexible company to work for, of course with the exceptions of holiday season, which you should already know because its retail. The discount is pretty good, the products work well, and the overall building of morale is good. However, and I am not sure if this is unique to my district or not, but upward mobility seems to be stunted. It seems as though there is more likeablity to hire people from outside of the company for upper level management positions rather than hiring from within. Which creates a strain and disappointment for those who are part-time looking to become full time. Often the sales are erratic and the company fails to allocate its expenses properly, for example, we spend more time having someone fix the sinks rather than just paying to have a sink connected to the plumbing. Also the sales do not promote having great KPI's which also causes the stores to suffer on average transactions. Example: Coupons $10 for $20 but average sale needs to be $26. Overall each store is its own home and family and it cultivates and promotes great team work.
great place
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Vanceburg, KYOctober 7, 2014
Very polite and caring staff that is more than willing to help new students learn. Very comfortable setting to work in.
Enjoyable and challenging work place
Seasonal Employee, Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Salisbury, ENGSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: boxing day hours
Typically, a day at The Body Shop would consist of stock take, customer assistance and shop floor management.
It was a great learning environment, where knowledge of products was essential, which I acquired in my short time there.
The management team at The Body Shop were assertive and approachable, which benefited all employees there.
Co-workers were willing to help new employees and set a great example to follow; friendly to both staff and customers alike.
It was challenging to remember details of all products in a short amount of time, which was essential to find the customer their desired item.
Although it was also hard at times, succeeding in satisfying customers was also the most enjoyable and rewarding part of working at The Body Shop.
Assistant Manager/ Sales lead (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great learning experience of beauty and health
Cons: no cons
Loved everything about the job. Great people who care about the costumer. Always made every guess feel welcomed. Very easy going and understanding. My manager took me under his wing and showed me how to provide the best service. Learn my products and know what I'm talking about. The best part about the job was having the owner of the company meet and greet every single employee.
Great work enviroment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: short lunch breaks
Work in retail and loved the atmosphere of selling products that I love. I do really well in selling product and communicating what is best for their needs.
Lovely workplace
Customer Consultant (Current Employee), Portsmouth, ENGSeptember 14, 2014
typical day at work is serving customers and filling them with knowledge and information about the shop its self and the products within the store. Ive learnt how to communicate properly with customers and have even formed a bond with some of my customers that come into the store frequently. The management there is great and everyone gets on with everyone. The hardest part of the job is probably making sure the customer leaves the store happily which 95% of the time they do but the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers leave the store with a satisfied smile upon there face and you know that you have accomplished that.
Key holder/Supervisor (Current Employee), OxfordSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: discounted products, advancment opportunities, pleasant enviroment
Cons: some late hours
A good place to work, friendly co-workers and very good opportunities to advance. This is a company with good ethics.
Beauty and skin products leader
Workflow Team Leader (Former Employee), Wake Forest, NCSeptember 4, 2014
Great starting company to work for. International company.
Overall great company to work for!
Customer Consultant (Former Employee), DunfermlineSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: found it difficult to balance between my work life and personal life due to hours.
A typical day at work was checking around the store in the morning before opening, making sure everything was clean and tidy etc.Followed throughout the day with serving customers, stock replenishment when needed throughout the day, serving customers on the tills, and towards the end of the day doing a full restock of the shop and cleaning. I learned customer service skills, visual merchandising, shop floor standards, cash handling, stock replenishment and banking procedures. I got on amazingly with most, if not all of my co-workers, and we all worked together as part of the team well. The hardest part of the job for me personally was dealing with customer complaints, but my favourite part of the job was learning about the products and helping customers with whatever they needed and providing them the best experience possible.
good and fun place to work for
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Islington, ENGAugust 31, 2014
Cons: short hours
no typical day.
learned how to work on my own and cosmetics also perfumes and hot scented things. I learned how to wrap things and new things everyday and products and enjoyable thing was working in the body shop.
Productive and relaxed environment
INTERNATIONAL TECHNICAL INTEGRATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Littlehampton, ENGAugust 20, 2014
Productive and relaxed environment, a I learnt lot during the period of time I have worked there. I learnt much about SAP lifecycles and the correct and incorrect way to implement solutions,

I worked with internal and external staff this has shown me how to interact with different people.
I built very strong relationships in the friendly environment.

The most enjoyable part of by job was working for a company with strong beliefs and values

About The Body Shop

The Body Shop International plc is the original, natural and ethical beauty brand. Our heritage is an amazing story of firsts. – Read more

The Body Shop Photos