The Body Shop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My favourite store to work in.
Seasonal Cashier and Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2012
Pros: learning about products you use and their benefits and supporting a rewarding cause.
Cons: none.
This was my first experience in the work place as a teen as a seasonal staff member, after which i learned about the product and helped the staff/management train others afterwards. A very rewarding career.
TBS is a beauty company providing the consumers with a product that is not only fantastic but it supports and sustains world wide initiatives.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: world wide, great market, great peers
Cons: lack of direction, lack of consistant management
TBS is a world wide company. The Canadian market is going through alot of changes and I would consider very unstable.

My position consisted of daily review of sales, setting action plans, touchbases, conference calls and shop visits. This position exposed me to the beauty industry which I was not familular with.
customer service
1 Asst.Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 31, 2012
Typical day at work would be customer service making sure our customers are being served. Also making sure budget and goals are met. Coaching is very important as well as training new staff.. hardest part is making sure staff is understanding what it is expected from the management team.. The best part of my job is our customers and also enjoying and – more... being excited about the product that we are selling. – less
Fun, energetic place to work, with a strong focus on community fair trade values.
Key holder/Team Leader (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntarioJuly 18, 2012
A typical day at The Body Shop starts with ensuring that the Point of Sale system is balanced, and working correctly. After completing the morning paperwork, the day is focused on ensuring that all customer needs are met, and all associates know their personal goals and the goals for the store that day.
Through working at The Body Shop I have learned – more... how great it is work for a company with strong values such as, community fair trade, and not testing on animals. Through these strong values, I appreciate any company with a strong set of values, and that put their customers first.
The hardest part of my job at the team leader is balancing managing my fellow associates, and the interpersonal relationships I have formed with them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing our customers with great products that I am proud to sell to them. – less
The body shop
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Oldham, ENGAugust 14, 2014
Pros: i got 30 mins lunch time.
Cons: i worked 9-4
i enjoyed coming int work it was a happy place to work and my other co-workers were really friendly and polite.I always felt comfortable and relaxed.i woke up feeling excited to start a new day they and i loved the atmosphere in the shop no one was down.i would come in and work on building gift bundles and making they look ideal .i learned how to work – more... in a busy environment and work well under pressure which would come in handy in my future.The hardest part of the job was seeing to every customer and getting round to there needs as well as cleaning up,there was a lot of multi tasking but it was enjoyable.The best part of the job was actually working there being part of the team. – less
The Body Shop is a phenominal company that is dedicated to supporting so many worthy causes all around the world.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Okemos, MIAugust 7, 2014
The Body Shop is dedicated to Fair Trade and providing quality ingredients in their products from cultures all over the world.
Fun workplace
Student Representative (Former Employee), LondonAugust 6, 2014
I worked for Body shop as work experience. Working was fun however it would have been more fulfilling if i was on the shop floor often. The staff were lovey and give you in depth information regarding product.As my fist job experience i acquired my basic skills like friendliness, being approachable and helpful from there.
fun work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), romfordAugust 6, 2014
Pros: bonus free products
Cons: not enough hours
fun and quirky company to work for.
perfect learning curve for marketing products and on go events.
great small team to work for
opportunities to grow further into the company
Store manager (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGAugust 4, 2014
Your standard company to work for.
Management isn't great at all, don't really understand what it is they do but there are some very good people in this company.

Love the products and they live up to there reputation.
Fun work place but tiring standing on your feet all day.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee), Greenhithe, ENGAugust 2, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks are free, you can leave the store.
Cons: it was work experience so unpaid.
Working at The Body shop was work experience, therefore I was working unpaid. But a day consisted of an early morning briefing, target sales and promotions. We all then took a selected part of the store and made it our target sales area. I learned a lot of new things, also hand massage and customer care. My co workers were very supportive and helped – more... out when I needed them to, but I am a fast learner and didnt really need any help what so ever. It was hard standing on my feet for 6 hours, basically not doing anything except holding a bottle of perfume and asking if the few customers that walked in were okay. I did make up some Christmas gift sets though, and that was really fun. I met some lovely people and had a good time whilst being there. – less
I lovvved this Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 22, 2014
This job gets 5 stars and more . The people that you meet are like one of a kind. I learn so much from this job, like how to , Addressed customer inquiries and resolved complaints,Maintained daily record of all transactions,Completed weekly schedules according to payroll policies.

I loved this place!!!!
we have a room with a basket ball hoop and something like a ping pong table
Picker/Packer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2014
Pros: they give out freeze pops when its real hot in the warehouse.they buy us hot dogs, chips and soda some times.
Cons: we have two 20 min break.if its real hot in the warehouse they let us go to break a little early
when getting to work i punch in grab scan gun set it up put boxes on my pallet and lables on my boxes and start picking orders.i learned to make sure my count is right and try to stay productive .management is real good.my co-workers are real friendly if i have a problem with a product or something they do there best to help me are find someone that – more... can. the hardest part of the job is there is none.the most enjoyable part of the job is every time you pick a large amont of products your name goes into a drawing for a $50.00 gift card . – less
Best place to develop as a manager
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), union stationJuly 12, 2014
Pros: ethical company
Cons: high stress
High valume sales
Managed all facets of a stand alone retail store
Management team is supportive
Respectful relationships with co-workers
Difficult to break through customer objections
The team effort
the fashion store
Store Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: long holiday hours
I loved and enjoyed my career here the most a very friendly customer service based business very fashion forward company
The Body Shop
Shop Floor Assistant/ Stock Assistant (Former Employee), Kingston upon Hull, ENGJuly 8, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: wasn't paid (work experience)
Although I wasn't at Body Shop for long I did enjoy my time there as I gained the knowledge of how retail works, I learned how to interact with customers etc. Some of my co-workers are really friendly and happy to teach me the ways of the shop. The hardest part of my time at Body Shop was probably trying to get passing people to try out products, most – more... of the time you are ignored but you have to have the confidence to approach people and I gained this confidence. – less
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: training, free dinners from winning competitions
A typical Day at work was taking direction from manager as to what needs to be done. Then I would relay this with strategy and technique to sales associates and so on floor training. I would assist the sales associates with closing a sale and add on our member card. My coworkers were great we had a small staff which was nice to work things out with – more... them and know how everyones learns. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning all the new and eco friendly makeup tips and skincare products through our awesome corporate. – less
room for social growth
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 5, 2014
awesome environment, not a lot of room for advancement and the pay and benefits aren't the best.
This is where I found my calling.
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Aventura, FLJuly 1, 2014
It was working here that I realized I wanted to get into the Makeup/skincare field. I loved it and was pretty good at it. The job itself was hectic at times and the co workers were amazing.
Excellent place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), LiverpoolJune 26, 2014
Pros: gaining knowledge of products and store discount
I interacted with the public to give them the best possible advice I could. I worked in the stock room refilling shelves and also gift wrapped sets as it was a Christmas job.
About me
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), bristolJune 26, 2014
I am an enthusiastic individual with confidence, I am prepared to undertake challenges and new experiences. I feel motivated by setting myself targets that are both challenging and achievable.

I have the skill to listen to others, giving advice and putting instructions into practice. I am a trustworthy individual therefore reliable and a matured potential – more... employee.

A typical day is monitoring sales and to convert sales, this is done by up-selling and cross-selling.

I have gained confidence in selling and building trust with customers in order for customers to feel impressed with my service.

I treat everyone equally which creates a nice balance throughout the day.

Good customer service is important to me. – less

About The Body Shop

The Body Shop® Australia is a fully Australian owned company. Owned by the Wise family, Graeme Wise opened the first Australian – Read more

The Body Shop Photos