The Body Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

Quite Satisfactory
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Satisfactory work culture along with flexible work hours. Not very complicated system which allows anyone to seamlessly join the team and become productive.
Awful place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONMarch 17, 2015
I always wanted to work at the body shop so when I got hired I was very excited, however, this only lasted a couple days. The manager lacked enthusiasm and organization, I got zero training and the schedule was awful, I was pretty much on call when I clearly told them I had another job, they still did not care.
I had to leave because it was just awful, I hated it and felt so uncomfortable, co workers are very helpful and nice but the management lacks a lot of organization and planning. There is a lack of communication so one manager would say one thing completely different from another.
In sum, I would never go back there. This is a shame since I love to shop at the store and I love their products
Pros
Reasonable wages
Cons
Lack of planning
overall great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2015
Assistant Manager kept reducing my vacation time that she had approved of months before. Overall was a good place to work at.
Good company that does a lot of charitable work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OnMay 2, 2014
My typical day involved selling while giving excellent customer service. I hired and trained new staff and coached current staff. We made it a fun environment for employees, plus we were involved in charity work for local shelters and fundraisers. We were like a family.
I was involved in loss prevention procedures for the store plus inventory control.

Enjoyed serving the customers and succeeding goals.
Pros
charity work
Fun Atmosphere
sales associate (Former Employee) –  VancouverAugust 3, 2015
Learned a lot of customer and product knowledge. It was a fun environment, good place to get customer service. Had great memories, management was on point.
Good Job, People were rude.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 23, 2015
We worked in the Mall, so we generally dealt with some rude customers, and that really sucked. We also didn't have a set manager at the time, and that doesn't really keep a company going. We also were in the middle of renos, so we had to work around alot of other workers, which was hard because our shop wasn't very big at all. Overall, it was a good place to work.
Positive Friendly Environment
Customer Consultant, Key holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2015
This company always has new products to offer their clients. As customer consultants, our knowledge is constantly increasing in terms of product ingredients and their associated benefits. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, it is very easy for a new hire to observe their sales techniques and learn the product terminology in accordance with The Body Shop's guidelines. TBS offers a 50% discount to its' employees as well as one free product whenever a new line is introduced.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
salary
contiuous learning and great atmosphere
Customer Consultant & Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJuly 21, 2015
Everyday is a new learning experience, with new products coming out every few months, your always learning something new about current or new product, daily specials and ongoing customer service.
My boss is the greatest holds everyone to their own standard, and holds everyone accountable to obtain goals... love seeing return customers that remember me and what I've taught them about skin care or make-up application.
Pros
company promos when new product comes out
Productive and Fun Workplace
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth NSMarch 17, 2015
A typical day at work consists of helping customers find what their looking for and telling them all about what The Body Shop stands for. I learned all about the products to ensure the best product for the customer, the co-workers were amazing and the management were always there in case we had any questions. The best part of the job was when it was busy because the time just flew by and you didn't even notice.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Very cultured and organized company with very structured guidelines and training
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, OntarioFebruary 17, 2013
A typical day includes daily training and employee feedback in addition to dealing with customers and clients with their needs. Establishing tasks in order of importance as well as communicating with upper management. Budgeting and payroll along with targeting sales a must on a daily basis in order to minimize end of week deficits.
I learned that not everything can be done by one's self and that delegating is an important part of a successful business.
The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with different customers and teaching and training staff.
Pros
great values and lots of training materials
Cons
changes in training material were too constant.
Day in life
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, skJune 20, 2014
I really love working for a company with same culture and beliefs I have. Love to work with a product I believe in. Plus a great support system from co-managers and upper management.
Pros
above
Cons
none really
TBS is a beauty company providing the consumers with a product that is not only fantastic but it supports and sustains world wide initiatives.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 14, 2012
TBS is a world wide company. The Canadian market is going through alot of changes and I would consider very unstable.

My position consisted of daily review of sales, setting action plans, touchbases, conference calls and shop visits. This position exposed me to the beauty industry which I was not familular with.
Pros
world wide, great market, great peers
Cons
lack of direction, lack of consistant management
Great Company to Work for
Part-time Permanent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2015
The Body Shop is a great place to work as it deals with face to face interactions. If you enjoy meeting people and adding value to their day, then The Body Shop is the company to join. TBS ensures that there is continual training provided on a regular basis to maintain knowledgeable employees . The Body Shop allows their employees to share their ideas to hep the company stay current with trends and with what appeals to their clients. Everyday was a great working day, from the energetic employees to the customers who wanted to educate themselves on proper skin care & about TBS's community trade program.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
n/a
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 11, 2014
Working for The Body Shop was amazing. The people, the management and especially the training. Here I learned excellent customer service, 7 steps of the sale, how to be a supervisor and manager that brings the best out of my team. I learned what it take to not just build but to also keep the business going. The hardest part was leaving and the most enjoyable time was Christmas. Christmas at The Body shop will always be my fondest memories.
terrible management, rude, training horrible
management (Former Employee) –  milton, ontarioFebruary 4, 2015
It was find and wonderful, when the Manager did not come in. She was horrible, consistently on edge, had no self-control, fowl mouth and at times very rude to customers and has made employees cry.
Pros
good money
Cons
horrible management, unhealthy environment
customer service
1 Asst.Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 31, 2012
Typical day at work would be customer service making sure our customers are being served. Also making sure budget and goals are met. Coaching is very important as well as training new staff.. hardest part is making sure staff is understanding what it is expected from the management team.. The best part of my job is our customers and also enjoying and being excited about the product that we are selling.
Lovely coworkers and great product
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 14, 2015
Being in the corner of a mall, traffic can be quite slow. When I open the store I prepare the registers and floor for customers. Checking email to see if there are any changes to the sales. When the store opens it is slow. I make a list of things that can be done throughout the day if one hasn't already been made.

All the people I have worked with have been absolutely amazing. They are the kindest people I have met. I became friends with them very quickly, whether it was the current staff when I joined or the new hires.

The best part of this job is that you get to work with people you enjoy being around.
Pros
great product, staff discount, co workers, smells amazing, cruelty free, fair trade
Cons
few shifts, part-time only, head office, minimum wage
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONApril 10, 2014
Great place to work, especially as a student.
I learned how to be very quick and independent.
Management is friendly and understanding
My co-workers are sweet and caring people
The hardest part of my job is being a full-time student at the same time.
The most enjoyable part about my job is working for a company that has great values and believes.
Pros
great people
Your always learning, with new products
Cashier (Former Employee) –  saint john, NBJanuary 21, 2015
When i worked there i loved it, you learned a lot a things about where the products comes from who its helping and the proceeds go to where they say they are going. but at the time the management wasn't good. i hear know though its better.
It is fun place to work and you can enjoy all the products
Sales Associate&Back up Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2015
The job is always busy or you need to keep yourself busy. There is always something do to, greet customers, restock, and learn more about products. I learn a lot form as job as a team lead. I lean how to communicate with other employee because it is so different when you need to give them orders and coach them. Also, I learn more about how to make a store nice and do first thing first. The hardest part of the job is you really need to have a good team or it will be the worst job you ever have. I love the product and I am always enjoy working there.
Pros
good employee discuont
Cons
break is short and team is really important