The Body Shop

The Body Shop Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and Friendly work place with flexible hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 8, 2013
Pros: flexible around school, ethics, helpful co-workers
Cons: few hours
A typical day at work includes: getting updated on the sales going on for the day, products we may have gotten in or ran out of. We are also told our goals for sales, ATV and number of memberships to sell. We then go about greeting and helping customers with their wants and needs. This sometimes means looking up ingredient lists for people with allergies, calling other stores to see if they have a product, asking about the customers skin types to figure out the best product for them. It could also mean helping someone find a gift, which can be complicated or easy depending on how much they know about the person. Very rarely have I had to resort to a simple gift card rather than finding a suitable gift that people of all ages and likes would enjoy. I have learned about various ingredients that a only found in products found at the Body Shop that help support community fair trade or that are healthier than regular products you could find at other stores. The management is great, but sometimes hard to learn info from and I have had to look up information on the company website. The hardest part of the job is that there are not many hours to be had. the most enjoyable part is being at work! My co-workers are great and have a great knowledge base of the products themselves so we often help each other out. Another part I love about this job is that it is not just about sales as many retail jobs seem to be. I spend a lot of my time actually getting to know all about the customer and we become more friends than the usual customer-sales associate relationship that leaves you feeling like a machine rather than a person.
The Body Shop was definately the most exciting - and best smelling - job environmentI have ever worked in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Devonshire mall, Howard.February 21, 2013
Pros: half an our free roam lunches around the mall!, (i loved how you can leave and do whatever you like in that time)
Cons: if you were having any feelings of loniness throughout the day, you were screwed because there was a lot of pretty girls around :p
To be honest, the typical day at work was a walk in the park, and however exciting the environment was, the job itself was unstimulating because my social skills already surpass that of a sales associate for beauty products- but a job's a job, am I right?
My favorite part had to be taking in the shipments and stocking, because I am the type of person who ADORES stretching their memory and I loved having to know what product was where and how much at all times, and doing all the calculations in my head all the while, boy did I enjoy that! The co-workers and management there were to die for in their levels of kindness and compassion and I could not have asked for a better work team. Unfortunately the only information I learned there was a few new bits on teatree oil and vitamin E products, etc. All in all, the Body shop was a dream job and I was glad to work there for the short time that I did, because there was no hard tasks whatsoever.
Sales
Sales (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours, wages
Good as a part time job, currently looking for a career. Friendly people, good company.
My favourite store to work in.
Seasonal Cashier and Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2012
Pros: learning about products you use and their benefits and supporting a rewarding cause.
Cons: none.
This was my first experience in the work place as a teen as a seasonal staff member, after which i learned about the product and helped the staff/management train others afterwards. A very rewarding career.
TBS is a beauty company providing the consumers with a product that is not only fantastic but it supports and sustains world wide initiatives.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: world wide, great market, great peers
Cons: lack of direction, lack of consistant management
TBS is a world wide company. The Canadian market is going through alot of changes and I would consider very unstable.

My position consisted of daily review of sales, setting action plans, touchbases, conference calls and shop visits. This position exposed me to the beauty industry which I was not familular with.
customer service
1 Asst.Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 31, 2012
Typical day at work would be customer service making sure our customers are being served. Also making sure budget and goals are met. Coaching is very important as well as training new staff.. hardest part is making sure staff is understanding what it is expected from the management team.. The best part of my job is our customers and also enjoying and being excited about the product that we are selling.
Fun, energetic place to work, with a strong focus on community fair trade values.
Key holder/Team Leader (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntarioJuly 18, 2012
A typical day at The Body Shop starts with ensuring that the Point of Sale system is balanced, and working correctly. After completing the morning paperwork, the day is focused on ensuring that all customer needs are met, and all associates know their personal goals and the goals for the store that day.
Through working at The Body Shop I have learned how great it is work for a company with strong values such as, community fair trade, and not testing on animals. Through these strong values, I appreciate any company with a strong set of values, and that put their customers first.
The hardest part of my job at the team leader is balancing managing my fellow associates, and the interpersonal relationships I have formed with them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing our customers with great products that I am proud to sell to them.

About The Body Shop

The Body Shop International plc is the original, natural and ethical beauty brand. Our heritage is an amazing story of firsts. – Read more

The Body Shop Photos