The Body Shop Employee Reviews

contiuous learning and great atmosphere
Customer Consultant & Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON21 July 2015
Everyday is a new learning experience, with new products coming out every few months, your always learning something new about current or new product, daily specials and ongoing customer service.
My boss is the greatest holds everyone to their own standard, and holds everyone accountable to obtain goals... love seeing return customers that remember me and what I've taught them about skin care or make-up application.
Pros
company promos when new product comes out
Good tips. long hour
Server (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON13 October 2015
Good tips. long hour, Have worked here sereval years and have a goog repour with regular costumers. the hours are long but the tips are good.I enjoy interaction with the patrons
Pros
Freindly Attmosphere
Cons
overall great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 December 2015
Assistant Manager kept reducing my vacation time that she had approved of months before. Overall was a good place to work at.
fun place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON17 September 2015
Fun and smells lovely. But the communication between management and staff isn`t there. Expectations are outrageous.
Pros
Free staff products upon new product launches
Cons
Over abundance of rules and regulations
Awful place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON17 March 2015
I always wanted to work at the body shop so when I got hired I was very excited, however, this only lasted a couple days. The manager lacked enthusiasm and organization, I got zero training and the schedule was awful, I was pretty much on call when I clearly told them I had another job, they still did not care.
I had to leave because it was just awful, I hated it and felt so uncomfortable, co workers are very helpful and nice but the management lacks a lot of organization and planning. There is a lack of communication so one manager would say one thing completely different from another.
In sum, I would never go back there. This is a shame since I love to shop at the store and I love their products
Pros
Reasonable wages
Cons
Lack of planning
Productive and Fun Workplace
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth NS17 March 2015
A typical day at work consists of helping customers find what their looking for and telling them all about what The Body Shop stands for. I learned all about the products to ensure the best product for the customer, the co-workers were amazing and the management were always there in case we had any questions. The best part of the job was when it was busy because the time just flew by and you didn't even notice.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Great Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 September 2015
Learned a great deal with this company. Great products, education and concept. From management to employees, they were all great to work with and many of us still keep in touch.
Pros
Knowledge gained
Great Company to Work for
Part-time Permanent Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2015
The Body Shop is a great place to work as it deals with face to face interactions. If you enjoy meeting people and adding value to their day, then The Body Shop is the company to join. TBS ensures that there is continual training provided on a regular basis to maintain knowledgeable employees . The Body Shop allows their employees to share their ideas to hep the company stay current with trends and with what appeals to their clients. Everyday was a great working day, from the energetic employees to the customers who wanted to educate themselves on proper skin care & about TBS's community trade program.
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
n/a
Positive Friendly Environment
Customer Consultant, Key holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2015
This company always has new products to offer their clients. As customer consultants, our knowledge is constantly increasing in terms of product ingredients and their associated benefits. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, it is very easy for a new hire to observe their sales techniques and learn the product terminology in accordance with The Body Shop's guidelines. TBS offers a 50% discount to its' employees as well as one free product whenever a new line is introduced.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Salary
It is fun place to work and you can enjoy all the products
Sales Associate&Back up Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2015
The job is always busy or you need to keep yourself busy. There is always something do to, greet customers, restock, and learn more about products. I learn a lot form as job as a team lead. I lean how to communicate with other employee because it is so different when you need to give them orders and coach them. Also, I learn more about how to make a store nice and do first thing first. The hardest part of the job is you really need to have a good team or it will be the worst job you ever have. I love the product and I am always enjoy working there.
Pros
good employee discuont
Cons
break is short and team is really important
Lovely coworkers and great product
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 January 2015
Being in the corner of a mall, traffic can be quite slow. When I open the store I prepare the registers and floor for customers. Checking email to see if there are any changes to the sales. When the store opens it is slow. I make a list of things that can be done throughout the day if one hasn't already been made.

All the people I have worked with have been absolutely amazing. They are the kindest people I have met. I became friends with them very quickly, whether it was the current staff when I joined or the new hires.

The best part of this job is that you get to work with people you enjoy being around.
Pros
great product, staff discount, co workers, smells amazing, cruelty free, fair trade
Cons
few shifts, part-time only, head office, minimum wage
High energized, fun workplace
Cashier and Sales Person and Stock person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2015
A typical day at work consisted of dealing with cash, selling and restocking and trying out the amazing products.

I learned how to better deal with cash. I learned how to open and close a shop. I learned how to properly sell product.
I learned about the products.

The management was amazing!! Best people I have ever worked for. They were very friendly but consistent and stern when needed. Very organized, understanding and driven. Wonderful people.

My co-workers as well were very friendly, fun, enthusiastic, organized and driven.

The hardest part of my job was - nothing except getting paid minimum wage.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the management and staff and the amazing product i got to try out and sell each day!!
Pros
Great management and staff amazing product
Cons
minimum wage
A workplace that taught me a lot of new skills!
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 October 2014
A typical day at work included assisting customers with skincare, bath and body care, and makeup needs; ringing customers through cash; and restocking merchandise.
I developed skills in applying makeup on other people by giving makeovers to customers, I also learned to recommend the right makeup and skincare products to customers based on their needs and concerns. My coworkers were all very fun to work with and my managers always made sure I did my job to my level best.
I really enjoyed giving customers makeovers and being able to interact with them on a more personal level! I found it really rewarding because they loved the looks!
Pros
Great discount, free products!
Cons
Constantly changing environment
Quite Satisfactory
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 September 2015
Satisfactory work culture along with flexible work hours. Not very complicated system which allows anyone to seamlessly join the team and become productive.
Work under tension,no leadership, negative feedback, unreasonable schedule
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 August 2014
- Very good products to sell
- not well planning in training
- not positive working environment
- not focus on upkeep of store cleanliness
- no support for new comer
- has to be strong self-learn
- no 2 way communication
- harsh on people w/ disability
- force you to quit, not by wording, but by body-language & cold shoulder
Pros
good pay & benefit
Cons
has to be strong & able to take unfair treatment & negative feedback
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 July 2014
Working for The Body Shop was amazing. The people, the management and especially the training. Here I learned excellent customer service, 7 steps of the sale, how to be a supervisor and manager that brings the best out of my team. I learned what it take to not just build but to also keep the business going. The hardest part was leaving and the most enjoyable time was Christmas. Christmas at The Body shop will always be my fondest memories.
Good company that does a lot of charitable work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, On2 May 2014
My typical day involved selling while giving excellent customer service. I hired and trained new staff and coached current staff. We made it a fun environment for employees, plus we were involved in charity work for local shelters and fundraisers. We were like a family.
I was involved in loss prevention procedures for the store plus inventory control.

Enjoyed serving the customers and succeeding goals.
Pros
charity work
Fun place to work with excellent manager and co workers
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB24 October 2013
I usually opened in the morning with preparing the float,starting the computers opening the doors.As I key holder I had access to the safe.
Closing procedures were POS administration and Cash out ,finish paperwork and report to head office.
Stocking up,keeping track of orders,customer service advisory and
knowledge of our products was something I really enjoyed as a Body Shop sales associate.This company has great values and that is what I stand for as well.
Pros
Outstanding work moral
Cons
n/a
TBS is a beauty company providing the consumers with a product that is not only fantastic but it supports and sustains world wide initiatives.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2012
TBS is a world wide company. The Canadian market is going through alot of changes and I would consider very unstable.

My position consisted of daily review of sales, setting action plans, touchbases, conference calls and shop visits. This position exposed me to the beauty industry which I was not familular with.
Pros
world wide, great market, great peers
Cons
lack of direction, lack of consistant management
Very cultured and organized company with very structured guidelines and training
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, Ontario17 February 2013
A typical day includes daily training and employee feedback in addition to dealing with customers and clients with their needs. Establishing tasks in order of importance as well as communicating with upper management. Budgeting and payroll along with targeting sales a must on a daily basis in order to minimize end of week deficits.
I learned that not everything can be done by one's self and that delegating is an important part of a successful business.
The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with different customers and teaching and training staff.
Pros
great values and lots of training materials
Cons
changes in training material were too constant.