The Body Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

horrible managment, technically a great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioMarch 9, 2016
company is great, on a level of products and technically how they want things run,

the management hired into any location, at any level, has no communication with staff, tend to be negative and rude towards staff on a personal level,
and they offer no career advancement opportunities,
Pros
free products at launches, discounts
Cons
no management quality
Great Compant to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be assisting customers on finding the product they were looking for, receiving stock and putting it on the shelves or stock room.

Working as a team with other co-workers as well as leading them to be successful. Thinking of different ideas to help drive business.

I worked very well with the Manager that was there at the time.

Co-workers( the main staff were great). Most of them had a good relationship with myself and the manager. We were very accommodating.

The hardest part of the job would have been trying to do well when it was slower.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working for such a great company with great products. I loved working for a company that had such a passion to use products that were not harmful to you.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Long hours at Christmas
Will fight for human rights for everyone except their employees!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 15, 2016
Probably one of the worst work experiences I have ever had. I worked there on and off for 8 years. At the start it was awesome. They have awesome values and stood by them. As the years went on it got worse and worse. Started putting mirco beads in their products and then signed up with Loreal. The pay is not good and you are overworked. Promised promotions which they should for employees who work hard within the company..make you work harder and lead you on. I will always be a customer of this company but will never ever work again for them!
Really love working there
Customer Consultant - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ONMarch 17, 2015
I loved working there. I loved the products, I loved the stories of the products, I loved what the job entailed, and talking to the customers there. Typical day is on your feet, approaching customers, and explaining products. You have to have a basic knowledge of skincare and basic skin conditions and chemicals in products. You have to know the benefits of different ingredients (ex. hemp vs. vitamin E for dry, red skin) and how to market it to the customer. Customers were always friendly. Management can be really good or really bad. I've worked in one store and had to go to another store for a couple nights because they were short staffed. One of managers was very overwhelming and demanding, the other was very kind and fun and free-spirited. It's all about who you get as a manager. Co-workers are alright. You either have your friends or you have your competition. Hardest part is selling the membership card, most enjoyable part is the customers and the products. Getting ready for work is fun too - I've never had a job that asked me to get make up on and be as pretty as I can be.
Pros
Good discount, awesome products, great customers
Cons
Long hours on their hard-wood floors can hurt your legs, booking time off is a pain
A Wonderful company with great values, have had so many awesome customers in my 2 years years there that i still see and will never forget.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 9, 2016
always held to your sales targets hourly, daily and monthly. Must be well versed with sales and customer service and very outgoing, but if if you have that... it is a fun and a fantastic place to work!
Positive Friendly Environment
Customer Consultant, Key holder (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2015
This company always has new products to offer their clients. As customer consultants, our knowledge is constantly increasing in terms of product ingredients and their associated benefits. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, it is very easy for a new hire to observe their sales techniques and learn the product terminology in accordance with The Body Shop's guidelines. TBS offers a 50% discount to its' employees as well as one free product whenever a new line is introduced.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
salary
Good tips. long hour
Server (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONOctober 13, 2015
Good tips. long hour, Have worked here sereval years and have a goog repour with regular costumers. the hours are long but the tips are good.I enjoy interaction with the patrons
Pros
Freindly Attmosphere
Cons
This company was awesome to work for
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ONMarch 29, 2016
I would open and close the store, stock shelves/merchandising, count the cash, customer service was very important to the Body Shop. It was a lot of fun selling product that did not test on animals. I would work for this company again
An amazing company that is passinate about their commitments and products
Sales Associate and Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSApril 20, 2016
The Body Shop is an amazing company to work for. They care strongly about the environment, our animals, and the people around the world.
Great job - fun, friendly atmosphere.
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 16, 2015
Great place to work. Management and customer consultants are passionate and really know their information on each and every product in the store. Management do a lot of work on the floor with customers and are have a huge involvement in merchandising.
Big pros, big cons
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 20, 2016
Lots of daily/weekly paperwork, lots of product knowledge, lots of sales goals. Many responsibilities, not necessarily in line with your pay.
Lost of tasking to do in a short mount of time, & working alone a lot.
Co-workers are great.
The bodyshop
Shop manger Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta canadaApril 14, 2016
Poor management not a honest company.Great co_ workers. NOT TO TRUST MANAGEMENT get everything in writing. THE BEST PART helping the customers.
Pros
50% off products
Cons
Poor management
about the job
Seasonal Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 13, 2016
everything about this company is great, the people and staff of so smiley and friendly. The company itself always you to be yourself and be stress free.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great Experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at The Body Shop. Manager was friendly and offered employees shifts based on their schedules. Would work there again.
nice place to work
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Body shop was a great place to work and I developed great customer service skills. A typical day at work is dealing with various customers,maintaining the store, making the visual of the store is perfect all the time.
Pros
free products
Cons
less hours
Good company that does a lot of charitable work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OnMay 2, 2014
My typical day involved selling while giving excellent customer service. I hired and trained new staff and coached current staff. We made it a fun environment for employees, plus we were involved in charity work for local shelters and fundraisers. We were like a family.
I was involved in loss prevention procedures for the store plus inventory control.

Enjoyed serving the customers and succeeding goals.
Pros
charity work
overall great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2015
Assistant Manager kept reducing my vacation time that she had approved of months before. Overall was a good place to work at.
the body shop was a good atmosphere, great people to work with and always friendly customers
Cashier and Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 22, 2015
A typical day at the body shop was a good day except when it came to the manager and I we didn't really get along very well. I loved the co-workers I worked with always cheery and joyful to be around. the hardest part of my job was Christmas rush.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Great Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 30, 2015
Learned a great deal with this company. Great products, education and concept. From management to employees, they were all great to work with and many of us still keep in touch.
Pros
Knowledge gained
My favourite store to work in.
Seasonal Cashier and Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2012
This was my first experience in the work place as a teen as a seasonal staff member, after which i learned about the product and helped the staff/management train others afterwards. A very rewarding career.
Pros
learning about products you use and their benefits and supporting a rewarding cause.
Cons
none.