The Body Shop Employee Review

View all The Body Shop reviews

Fun and Friendly work place with flexible hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 March 2013
A typical day at work includes: getting updated on the sales going on for the day, products we may have gotten in or ran out of. We are also told our goals for sales, ATV and number of memberships to sell. We then go about greeting and helping customers with their wants and needs. This sometimes means looking up ingredient lists for people with allergies, calling other stores to see if they have a product, asking about the customers skin types to figure out the best product for them. It could also mean helping someone find a gift, which can be complicated or easy depending on how much they know about the person. Very rarely have I had to resort to a simple gift card rather than finding a suitable gift that people of all ages and likes would enjoy. I have learned about various ingredients that a only found in products found at the Body Shop that help support community fair trade or that are healthier than regular products you could find at other stores. The management is great, but sometimes hard to learn info from and I have had to look up information on the company website. The hardest part of the job is that there are not many hours to be had. the most enjoyable part is being at work! My co-workers are great and have a great knowledge base of the products themselves so we often help each other out. Another part I love about this job is that it is not just about sales as many retail jobs seem to be. I spend a lot of my time actually getting to know all about the customer and we become more friends than the usual customer-sales associate relationship that leaves you feeling  more... like a machine rather than a person.  less
Pros
flexible around school, ethics, helpful co-workers
Cons
few hours

Other The Body Shop Employee Reviews

meh
Key holder/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 November 2017
Management just went with the flow of the day and lacked organization. Too much gossip amongst employees because management would engage in that type of behaviour.
Against animal testing beauty products
Skincare Consultant and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2017
A very small location for the international corporation I worked for, I enjoyed meeting many people from the neighbourhood. At times a little stressful (people are very demanding about vegan processes regarding products), otherwise was easy in customer service.
Pros
International brand, very loyal following.
Cons
No commission, endless demonstrations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.