The Body Shop Employee Review

View all The Body Shop reviews

It was a great place to work.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Langley, British Columbia26 June 2013
I had a lot of fun working there. The other employees were really supportive. My manager was fun to work with too. The entire team was great to work with. Even during the holidays or during a big sale when times get tough, we still had a load of fun but still got the job done.

A typical day at work consisted a lot of helping customers with their shopping. I did a lot of consultations with them. I also earned the nickname of the Human Dictionary. It was really rewarding for me to see the results when they came back with good reviews on the products and regimes that I recommended.

One of the hardest things about my job were when a customer came in angry about something. I always managed to calm them down, but it was quite stressful, not only for myself but for the atmosphere of the store as well.
Pros
good work environment, employee discount, working with customers
Cons
long hours, management turnover

Other The Body Shop Employee Reviews

High Volume and High Demand
Keyholder/Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 December 2017
Very fun place, lots of great products and a fast paced environment. Great company with a great purpose to improve our planet!

Management is constantly changing and can be quite hectic. Usually understaffed making sick days and unavailable days an issue.
Pros
Great Energy
Cons
Understaffed
A Company with a social conscience
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta6 December 2017
Typical day includes interacting with regular customers and providing product knowledge and personal service. This job requires a great deal of product knowledge but great training is provided. The management is great, always providing guidance and feedback but never overbearing or micro. The culture is fantastic. They encourage you to give back to your community through volunteering and creating community partners. I love the customers that come in. They need and want your help and are easy to interact with. The store team is fantastic to work with and makes every day enjoyable.
Pros
Community partnerships, training, teammates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.