The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Customer Consultant, The Body Shop
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
If you enjoy the retail environment and sales this would be a great choice for you.

Management is very clear about everything and fair.

The company also has their own employee perks.
Productive workplace
Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
I worked at The Body Shop as a Beauty Specialist. The Body Shop provided a detailed training and explanation of every skin care and beauty products. And also they have great products which are all nature.
Working at The Body Shop
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 September 2017
My overall experience working at The Body Shop is nothing but positive. I've learned so much about skincare and how to base products off by customers skin types. The environment is very warm and welcoming plus the diversity and greatness is amazing.
Pros
Cons
Rude customers
Lots of Learning tools
Assistant Manager / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 September 2017
you are given plenty of learning tools to guide and train you in all areas of product, hands on training with most product is usual sales goals are realistic
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
hard to get full time status
Love the brand
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
I love the brand and the people I've worked with in the last 2 years (broken up). The staff was constantly changing, the pay has not been suitable for the amount of knowledge I have from school as well as through the brand. I am a hard working individual who hasn't been recognized for my efforts, along with many others. They take too long to promote and have searched for external employees to take lead roles. I've built beautiful relationships with our customers and can tell you about every product and can relay a story. Never gave us any free meals or kind gestures for such a high volume location and high targets.
Pros
lovely people and products
Cons
Hard to be promoted, underpaid for high quality service, never acknowledged for efforts or given any benefits, tuition assistance only applies to f/t employees for f/t school, high turnover rate
I was able to learn a lot as a first retail job
Sales Associate - Part-time Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 September 2017
A typical day was to help customers to their satisfaction. I was able to learn a lot as my first retail job. Management was extremely helpful and supportive.
It's fine in the beguining
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2017
Seems like a fine job at first where people treat each other like family but after awhile you see whats going on. A lot of drama between staff as well as un trustworthy team mates. Managers who spend their whole shift gossiping in the office while you stay on the floor alone, district managers who don't care what it takes as long as you make the targets.
Fun, welcoming environment for everyone
Retail sales associate/makeup consultant (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 September 2017
The team of girls that I work with are amazing, they're family to me now and I haven't been there very long. Everyone is so open and very kind to every different type of person. Most welcoming workplace I have ever worked in.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not the best hours
The Body Shop - natural products.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 September 2017
During a typical day I would greet customers, attend to their shopping needs/questions.
I learned that all the products they sell (lotions/creams/oils/etc.) are made from natural ingredients and contain as little synthetic product as possible.
I have worked in retail for a while, so it was all pretty standard.
The management was nice there, they cared about their employees (if someone was sick, they would send them home but call them later to see how they were feeling).
The hardest part of the job was getting stock out of the back room. It was tiny and cramped, and reaching things up on the shelves was not something I looked forward to.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the customers.
Pros
Being able to get products at a really good discount
Cons
Only being seasonal, there weren't a lot of hours
The Body Shop
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
There's a pretty okay work/life balance. Salary wasn't much but you get 50% discount on things. New Products you get for free sometimes. Around Christmas you had to be really preppy and smiley all the time, which wasn't always fun and your cheeks would hurt. You have to wear all black and their makeup.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Not a lot of hours
Bitter Sweet.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON21 August 2017
I've worked there on and off for a couple of years. I've seen some of the most passionate, knowledgeable employees leave due to how they're treated and go unrecognized in the company. There was a time where I went through FOUR managers at least in half a year. They hardly promote within and there are no benefits or extra hours unless you're management. It's upsetting they chose not to promote staff who have the knowledge and passion for the company, but will bring in a random person who has no experience in the field of skin care.. it kills sales and the customer experience.
Pros
Discount, ethical and cruelty free products
Cons
No growing room
Great student job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 August 2017
I really enjoyed working for a company with such strong values and work ethics during my last couple of years at university. The management, clientele and atmosphere has made this an incredible place to work part-time and build some work experience. Downside is the salary and the chances of advancement are small due to the fact there's no head office in Montreal.
Great culture and dynanic environment
Vice-President, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 August 2017
Great place to work, fun team and great salary/benefits. Office right in GTA so easy to get to and from. Great work life balance and challenging work environment.
Wonderful job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 July 2017
Really fun, easy place to work, relaxed while still expecting good things from its employees. Not a lot of room for advancement in the retail stores, but still fun to do.
The workmates and the executives are good
CORPORATE VALUES EVENTS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  BC29 July 2017
The head office is giving importance to each employee, they give attention and understand their concerns regarding the store and give annual incentive if they give a good sales report .
The environment is clean they give back to the community because of the charity works they do.
Pros
Incentives for good sales
Cons
not at all
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 July 2017
The team that you work with is always willing to help you advance your personal knowledge of the products and how to sell them to customers. There is always a customer coming in with a skin issue that might be a little more difficult to fix but at least one of the staff will help you help the customer.
Loved working here. This company stands for everything that is good in the world.
Pros
Cons
Part time is really part time. Not alot of hours
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 July 2017
great place to work loved to be in an upbeat work place every one made it feel welcoming to new employees as well as customers I loved working with customers to find what products worked best for them.
Pros
50% off
Cons
hours
Relaxed environment, fun to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 July 2017
TBS allows a lot of freedom while working. Given that it itself is a small store front, there are much you can do to the visuals as long as it looks pretty. Management is also not always controlled by HQ, so depending on the store manager, the flexibility shifts. You get 5 pieces of makeup upon hire, but the benefits are not that great; discount is not as good as customer discount.
A fun and inclusive place to work offering plenty of education on the products being sold and the partners from witch they come from.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 June 2017
The Body Shop was a fun and inclusive work environment, management staff provided tons of support and encouragement to their staff. The body Shop is dedicated to educating their staff on their Community Trade Partners and the Sustainability of their products.
Productive and fun workplace with a friendly atmosphere and great team
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2017
An enjoyable workplace with a very multicultural task force. We aim to be able to communicate with most customers that step foot into the store, whether it be French, Mandarin, Cantonese or English etc. The hardest part may be the occasional rowdy customer but these situations are always handled delicately and efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.