The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Lovely place to work.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCSeptember 28, 2016
Loved working for The Body Shop, all the great smells and produces made it easy to talk about and sell. I really enjoyed doing customers makeup and demonstrating how produces worked.
Fun place to work
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 23, 2016
I enjoyed working closely with the mechanics and learning new things about vehicles. I enjoyed dealing with clients and upselling new parts for the vehicles.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun, rewarding, great management, lots of support
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 2, 2016
Love working for The Body Shop, not only can I feel good about working everyday for a brand that is a leader in ethical standards, but its a fun job. The products I love, the teams and relationships I have made. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Free Product, Against animal testing
Fun, Learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 30, 2016
Loved working there. It was a different environment everyday. The volume of customers varied every hour and it was challenging and that was the enjoyable part of the job. Learning something new every hour about the products and attending seminars and conferences helped with the customer service. The hardest part of the job was management. They tried to maintain an amicable environment but the managers and the supervisor was extremely biased.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Will fight for human rights for everyone except their employees!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 15, 2016
Probably one of the worst work experiences I have ever had. I worked there on and off for 8 years. At the start it was awesome. They have awesome values and stood by them. As the years went on it got worse and worse. Started putting mirco beads in their products and then signed up with Loreal. The pay is not good and you are overworked. Promised promotions which they should for employees who work hard within the company..make you work harder and lead you on. I will always be a customer of this company but will never ever work again for them!
Great Compant to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work would be assisting customers on finding the product they were looking for, receiving stock and putting it on the shelves or stock room.

Working as a team with other co-workers as well as leading them to be successful. Thinking of different ideas to help drive business.

I worked very well with the Manager that was there at the time.

Co-workers( the main staff were great). Most of them had a good relationship with myself and the manager. We were very accommodating.

The hardest part of the job would have been trying to do well when it was slower.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working for such a great company with great products. I loved working for a company that had such a passion to use products that were not harmful to you.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Long hours at Christmas
An amazing company that is passinate about their commitments and products
Sales Associate and Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSApril 20, 2016
The Body Shop is an amazing company to work for. They care strongly about the environment, our animals, and the people around the world.
The bodyshop
Shop manger Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta canadaApril 14, 2016
Poor management not a honest company.Great co_ workers. NOT TO TRUST MANAGEMENT get everything in writing. THE BEST PART helping the customers.
Pros
50% off products
Cons
Poor management
about the job
Seasonal Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 13, 2016
everything about this company is great, the people and staff of so smiley and friendly. The company itself always you to be yourself and be stress free.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
This company was awesome to work for
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ONMarch 29, 2016
I would open and close the store, stock shelves/merchandising, count the cash, customer service was very important to the Body Shop. It was a lot of fun selling product that did not test on animals. I would work for this company again
Big pros, big cons
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONMarch 20, 2016
Lots of daily/weekly paperwork, lots of product knowledge, lots of sales goals. Many responsibilities, not necessarily in line with your pay.
Lost of tasking to do in a short mount of time, & working alone a lot.
Co-workers are great.
Great Experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at The Body Shop. Manager was friendly and offered employees shifts based on their schedules. Would work there again.
horrible managment, technically a great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioMarch 9, 2016
company is great, on a level of products and technically how they want things run,

the management hired into any location, at any level, has no communication with staff, tend to be negative and rude towards staff on a personal level,
and they offer no career advancement opportunities,
Pros
free products at launches, discounts
Cons
no management quality
A Wonderful company with great values, have had so many awesome customers in my 2 years years there that i still see and will never forget.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 9, 2016
always held to your sales targets hourly, daily and monthly. Must be well versed with sales and customer service and very outgoing, but if if you have that... it is a fun and a fantastic place to work!
nice place to work
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Body shop was a great place to work and I developed great customer service skills. A typical day at work is dealing with various customers,maintaining the store, making the visual of the store is perfect all the time.
Pros
free products
Cons
less hours
Great job - fun, friendly atmosphere.
sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 16, 2015
Great place to work. Management and customer consultants are passionate and really know their information on each and every product in the store. Management do a lot of work on the floor with customers and are have a huge involvement in merchandising.
overall great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2015
Assistant Manager kept reducing my vacation time that she had approved of months before. Overall was a good place to work at.
Good tips. long hour
Server (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONOctober 13, 2015
Good tips. long hour, Have worked here sereval years and have a goog repour with regular costumers. the hours are long but the tips are good.I enjoy interaction with the patrons
Pros
Freindly Attmosphere
Great Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCSeptember 30, 2015
Learned a great deal with this company. Great products, education and concept. From management to employees, they were all great to work with and many of us still keep in touch.
Pros
Knowledge gained
Good Job, People were rude.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 23, 2015
We worked in the Mall, so we generally dealt with some rude customers, and that really sucked. We also didn't have a set manager at the time, and that doesn't really keep a company going. We also were in the middle of renos, so we had to work around alot of other workers, which was hard because our shop wasn't very big at all. Overall, it was a good place to work.