The Body Shop

The Body Shop Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONApril 10, 2014
Pros: great people
Great place to work, especially as a student.
I learned how to be very quick and independent.
Management is friendly and understanding
My co-workers are sweet and caring people
The hardest part of my job is being a full-time student at the same time.
The most enjoyable part about my job is working for a company that has great values and believes.
Very productive and fun work environment
General Sales Manager / Coach & Trainer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2014
Pros: team, owner, customers, great store
Cons: corporate take over
Typical day?
9-5
Open store, review sales from previous eve.
Sell to customers, coach and train staff on PK every shift.
Set goals and targets for self, staff and store.
Manage team.
Motivate and challenge the team.
Books, Schedules, Inventory control.
Communicate with owner.

What Did I learn?
Management, Leadership, Public Relations skills. People – more... skills.
How to run both a small and large team. Recruiting, refining sales skills, how to be an effective coach and trainer.
How to be a mentor.
Balancing relationship with staff and being an effective Leader.
Inventory control, merchandizing skills, organizational skills.
How to create and promote goals and targets and coached on how to achieve them.
Budgets

Management?
Here would have been Owner as I was Management. My relationship with the owner was excellent. He was a very good and supportive player. Very involved in his stores and my teams. Flexible and excellent to work for.

Co-workers?
I had wonderful teams of very dedicated staff. They loved their jobs and their co-workers and even worked on their days off just to be around each other. We ran a very successful store together. I had a fantastic Assistant Manager who ran the show when I went between stores, and who later Managed the shops when I took time off for other ventures.
Members of my Team who went on to their own careers came back to me during holidays and other busy times through out my years at The Body Shop.

Hardest Part of the job?
Watching Corporate come in and take away what the founder worked so hard to build.

The most enjoyable part of the job?
The team and the regular customers.
Selling and the friendly competition the team had to be the best. – less
Productive and a good energy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: the sprays and creams did not give me a headache
Cons: nothing at all maybe the weather getting to work but work itself no cons.
The girls i worked with were amazing and always so sweet. I loved the environment and how happy everyone was coming and leaving work. It was a great experience unfortunately, I had to quite due to the fact that I moved to Toronto.
welcoming environment, no opportunity of advancement
Sales (Former Employee), ontarioFebruary 3, 2014
very good work environment as long as you are open to change. The people make the atmosphere. No chance of advancing. Everything else sucks. Definitely a dead end no matter how good or bad you are. Respectful management
Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: meet new people, fun, enjoyable
Cons: on your feet a long time
I loved working at the Body Shop. I was on cashier helping customers and making sure they have found everything they were looking for. I learned about their products more. My managers and co-workers were really great.
Fun place to work with excellent manager and co workers
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee), Banff, ABOctober 24, 2013
Pros: outstanding work moral
Cons: n/a
I usually opened in the morning with preparing the float,starting the computers opening the doors.As I key holder I had access to the safe.
Closing procedures were POS administration and Cash out ,finish paperwork and report to head office.
Stocking up,keeping track of orders,customer service advisory and
knowledge of our products was something I really – more... enjoyed as a Body Shop sales associate.This company has great values and that is what I stand for as well. – less
exciting and the managers are really friendly
Sales Associate / Stock / Cashier (Former Employee), vancouver bc (pacific center)July 20, 2013
On most days I would be involved with opening or closing. Throughout the day I would maintain stock and fix the shelves, operate cash register and helped with customer assistance. I made exceeding sales as well
It was a great place to work.
Customer service (Former Employee), Langley, British ColumbiaJune 26, 2013
Pros: good work environment, employee discount, working with customers
Cons: long hours, management turnover
I had a lot of fun working there. The other employees were really supportive. My manager was fun to work with too. The entire team was great to work with. Even during the holidays or during a big sale when times get tough, we still had a load of fun but still got the job done.

A typical day at work consisted a lot of helping customers with their shopping. – more... I did a lot of consultations with them. I also earned the nickname of the Human Dictionary. It was really rewarding for me to see the results when they came back with good reviews on the products and regimes that I recommended.

One of the hardest things about my job were when a customer came in angry about something. I always managed to calm them down, but it was quite stressful, not only for myself but for the atmosphere of the store as well. – less
Loyal and energetic company
Sales Associate and Store Key Holder/MOD (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONJune 10, 2013
Great Staff
Great Values
Management team was efficient and fair to staff
I was able to strengthen my leadership skills, as well as gain insight on approaching customers, up selling product, and connecting sales.
Being able to successfully assist customers was a rewarding feeling that drove my sales.
Having customers come back and compliment my work – more... ethic was rewarding. – less
AMAZING training program, FUN and HAPPY place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Part Time) (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 31, 2013
Super nice staff, very fun environment. Customers were always happy campers and great supporters of our line.

The training provided was amazing and makes employees feel very confident with what they are selling
Fun and Friendly work place with flexible hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 8, 2013
Pros: flexible around school, ethics, helpful co-workers
Cons: few hours
A typical day at work includes: getting updated on the sales going on for the day, products we may have gotten in or ran out of. We are also told our goals for sales, ATV and number of memberships to sell. We then go about greeting and helping customers with their wants and needs. This sometimes means looking up ingredient lists for people with allergies, – more... calling other stores to see if they have a product, asking about the customers skin types to figure out the best product for them. It could also mean helping someone find a gift, which can be complicated or easy depending on how much they know about the person. Very rarely have I had to resort to a simple gift card rather than finding a suitable gift that people of all ages and likes would enjoy. I have learned about various ingredients that a only found in products found at the Body Shop that help support community fair trade or that are healthier than regular products you could find at other stores. The management is great, but sometimes hard to learn info from and I have had to look up information on the company website. The hardest part of the job is that there are not many hours to be had. the most enjoyable part is being at work! My co-workers are great and have a great knowledge base of the products themselves so we often help each other out. Another part I love about this job is that it is not just about sales as many retail jobs seem to be. I spend a lot of my time actually getting to know all about the customer and we become more friends than the usual customer-sales associate relationship that leaves you feeling like a machine rather than a person. – less
The Body Shop was definately the most exciting - and best smelling - job environmentI have ever worked in.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Devonshire mall, Howard.February 21, 2013
Pros: half an our free roam lunches around the mall!, (i loved how you can leave and do whatever you like in that time)
Cons: if you were having any feelings of loniness throughout the day, you were screwed because there was a lot of pretty girls around :p
To be honest, the typical day at work was a walk in the park, and however exciting the environment was, the job itself was unstimulating because my social skills already surpass that of a sales associate for beauty products- but a job's a job, am I right?
My favorite part had to be taking in the shipments and stocking, because I am the type of person – more... who ADORES stretching their memory and I loved having to know what product was where and how much at all times, and doing all the calculations in my head all the while, boy did I enjoy that! The co-workers and management there were to die for in their levels of kindness and compassion and I could not have asked for a better work team. Unfortunately the only information I learned there was a few new bits on teatree oil and vitamin E products, etc. All in all, the Body shop was a dream job and I was glad to work there for the short time that I did, because there was no hard tasks whatsoever. – less
Sales
Sales (Former Employee), torontoJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: hours, wages
Good as a part time job, currently looking for a career. Friendly people, good company.
My favourite store to work in.
Seasonal Cashier and Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2012
Pros: learning about products you use and their benefits and supporting a rewarding cause.
Cons: none.
This was my first experience in the work place as a teen as a seasonal staff member, after which i learned about the product and helped the staff/management train others afterwards. A very rewarding career.
TBS is a beauty company providing the consumers with a product that is not only fantastic but it supports and sustains world wide initiatives.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: world wide, great market, great peers
Cons: lack of direction, lack of consistant management
TBS is a world wide company. The Canadian market is going through alot of changes and I would consider very unstable.

My position consisted of daily review of sales, setting action plans, touchbases, conference calls and shop visits. This position exposed me to the beauty industry which I was not familular with.
customer service
1 Asst.Manager (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONJuly 31, 2012
Typical day at work would be customer service making sure our customers are being served. Also making sure budget and goals are met. Coaching is very important as well as training new staff.. hardest part is making sure staff is understanding what it is expected from the management team.. The best part of my job is our customers and also enjoying and – more... being excited about the product that we are selling. – less
Fun, energetic place to work, with a strong focus on community fair trade values.
Key holder/Team Leader (Current Employee), Kitchener, OntarioJuly 18, 2012
A typical day at The Body Shop starts with ensuring that the Point of Sale system is balanced, and working correctly. After completing the morning paperwork, the day is focused on ensuring that all customer needs are met, and all associates know their personal goals and the goals for the store that day.
Through working at The Body Shop I have learned – more... how great it is work for a company with strong values such as, community fair trade, and not testing on animals. Through these strong values, I appreciate any company with a strong set of values, and that put their customers first.
The hardest part of my job at the team leader is balancing managing my fellow associates, and the interpersonal relationships I have formed with them.
The most enjoyable part of my job is providing our customers with great products that I am proud to sell to them. – less
I Loved THE PRODUCTS And still use them!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), SanfordApril 19, 2014
I loved working one on one with our customers.
Gicing them 100% customer satisfaction was my goal.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 16, 2014
genuinely the best place ive ever worked, a lot of ongoing training that's basically just busy work but overall its great
productive and welcoming
Sale Assistant (Former Employee), RenfrewApril 14, 2014
Pros: welcoming
The Body Shop is a very welcoming place to work, everyone is so well organised and I enjoyed my time I had to work there, they are flexible and understanding and good with shift schedules.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Body Shop

Promoting beauty in the customer's eye instead of the beholder's, The Body Shop International sells skin and hair care products – Read more

The Body Shop Photos