The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 July 2017
The team that you work with is always willing to help you advance your personal knowledge of the products and how to sell them to customers. There is always a customer coming in with a skin issue that might be a little more difficult to fix but at least one of the staff will help you help the customer.
Loved working here. This company stands for everything that is good in the world.
Pros
Cons
Part time is really part time. Not alot of hours
work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON19 July 2017
great place to work loved to be in an upbeat work place every one made it feel welcoming to new employees as well as customers I loved working with customers to find what products worked best for them.
Pros
50% off
Cons
hours
Relaxed environment, fun to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 July 2017
TBS allows a lot of freedom while working. Given that it itself is a small store front, there are much you can do to the visuals as long as it looks pretty. Management is also not always controlled by HQ, so depending on the store manager, the flexibility shifts. You get 5 pieces of makeup upon hire, but the benefits are not that great; discount is not as good as customer discount.
A fun and inclusive place to work offering plenty of education on the products being sold and the partners from witch they come from.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON17 June 2017
The Body Shop was a fun and inclusive work environment, management staff provided tons of support and encouragement to their staff. The body Shop is dedicated to educating their staff on their Community Trade Partners and the Sustainability of their products.
Productive and fun workplace with a friendly atmosphere and great team
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2017
An enjoyable workplace with a very multicultural task force. We aim to be able to communicate with most customers that step foot into the store, whether it be French, Mandarin, Cantonese or English etc. The hardest part may be the occasional rowdy customer but these situations are always handled delicately and efficiently.
Enjoyable Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 June 2017
Going to work everyday was amazing because management was great! The customers were pretty great as well, the store was always super clean and smelled amazing!
Great learning experience to learn about beauty products.
Sales to customers (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
You work in a clean environment with beautiful cents. Not hard to learn all the products in a day or two. Must be attentive due to working in a big mall with many customers. Slow paced on a regular days but very busy on holidays.
Good environment, short experiencec
Customer Service and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 April 2017
I took this job on during my Christmas break in the final year of my schooling. The people here were really nice, and i've worked retail before so it wasn't that hard to adjust. The bonuses are that I got to work with cosmetics on a more professional basis and the products were easy to learn.
Pros
Kind staff, cool products
Was a great job wonderful company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary Canada18 April 2017
Had a great group of girls and great management. Was a fun place to work with a lot of support and common goals. Everybody was involved in scheduling and was easy going when holidays were booked and shifts sorted.
Pros
Staffing
A friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2017
- require workers to be up and moving most of the time
- good training
- workers receive 50% discount on products
- your ability as a sale associate reflects through your units per sale and number of sales
Great environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
My coworkers were all very amazing! Great environment, everyone was super understanding and fun! It taught me a lot of skills that will definately help me in the jobs to come!
Pros
Good hours
Horrible
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 February 2017
I loved my job there till corporate got their hands on it and the owner sold it. I loved it when I started there but it quickly went downhill.The store used to be about making people feel good and showing them products designed specifically for them and their needs. once corporate took over it became about the money. They raised all their prices and pressured us to sell stuff to people that they didn't need. I am all for helping people but not scamming.
Pros
discount
Cons
Management, hours (worked for 12 hours with no breaks)
sale assistant
sale assistant (Former Employee) –  York, ON27 February 2017
starting at 10.00
assist the custumer, push the sell,up dates courses.

My collegue was all lovely girls, the manager was one of the best person I have ever met in all my life.
Good rotas, part time job
Pros
good rotas
Cons
underpaid
Working At The Body Shop
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2017
I couldn't have asked for a more fun, inclusive, and fair first employer. From my first day I felt very welcomed by all my co workers. Hours were great and flexible when needed, and trainers were competent. Salary was fair, and product knowledge was super easy and fun
Workplace culture
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 February 2017
working friendly environment, the most enjoyable is product knowledge, understanding community trade around the world, very inspiration.

a typical day at work is being creative.
Great position!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 February 2017
I loved the customers, staff, the work! Always something to do just overall a really amazing spot for me to kick start my beauty career ! Couldn't have asked for any better.
Good seasonal job
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 February 2017
I worked there over the Christmas/Holiday season and it was a great experience. Management was excellent and the training was good.

The pay is too low for the amount you do though. The company makes huge profits over the holidays and they should be able to afford a decent pay for seasonal staff
Pros
Half price discount
Cons
Low pay for the work you do.
productive, friendly staff
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 January 2017
I start my shift by punching in electronically, checking in with management to see what our daily deals are, and then I check our communications book from Head Office to see if there are any new updates or policies. I'm constantly learning new things as we bring in quite a fair amount of new product, which requires obtaining new information. The hardest part about my job is trying to sign new customers up as members because a lot of the time, the customer find its not worth it to purchase a membership due to they don't come in often. I enjoy most about my job my co-workers, I love the people I work with they definitely bring up moral daily.
Cons
No shock mats as we are on our feet all day
The company doesn't care
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
Targets are unachievable. No benefits for part time employees. Called HR on my boss for multiple things (harassment, time theft, abuse in general) only to be answered with "shes my friend and I hope you're telling the truth. No communication between head office and store, products being discontinued for months before the store hears about it and has a large waiting list for said products.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
no benefits for part time employees. Small bonuses if you get them
very productive and a fun place.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK7 January 2017
i got to talk to customers, meet new people,talk about the body shop products. i was also a cashier. i made new friends. i was a good sales representative.my colleagues were all fun and good to me. the work environment was good.
Pros
free lunches and got paid for my breaks.
Cons
customers were rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.