The Body Shop Employee Reviews

The worst company to ever work for!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC8 January 2018
They overwork staff
Far from Ethical in terms of Employee Rights
Management unprofessional, lack any skills, quite shady
Workplace culture unorganized
Pros
There are no PROS to working for the Body Shop
Cons
Long hours, Management unprofessional, this is the most unorganized company to work for.
Awful Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2018
The manager in my chain was way too demanding with hours. I was working full time hours with part-time pay, and when I would say that I can't work extra shifts the manager would make me feel like I ruined her life. She would blow it way out of proportion.
Cons
Horrible Management
Très bonne emploie
Préposée au service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Blainville, QC2 January 2018
J'ai beaucoup aimer mon expérience au Centre de Conditionnement BodyShop. J'ai eu droit à de nombreuse formation service à la clientèle et vente. Ces formations étaient payer et me permettaient une possibilité d'avancement dans l'entreprise. J'ai dû quitter parce que j'ai déménager à Montréal.
Pros
Horaire flexible
Cons
Loins
Great Company! Poor manager!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 December 2017
Great Company. I love the idea of enriching and helping the lives of others. Excellent products I will continue to buy The BodyShop products.
Manager on the other hand, picks favourites, doesn't inform staff of changes to schedule and doesn't follow availability form. Catty environment. 5 hours shifts with no breaks.
Pros
The small sample goody bag.
Cons
No hours
Poorly run
CUSTOMER CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 December 2017
This company cuts corners, has poor management, requires too much of employees without paying them well, managers that don't know what they are doing and are poor at their job
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2017
Good team members and management. The store policies are amazing because they do not test on animals and always use community trade ingredients on the products.
Pros
Amazing products, good employee discount, amazing team
Cons
salary, not so many shifts
High Volume and High Demand
Keyholder/Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 December 2017
Very fun place, lots of great products and a fast paced environment. Great company with a great purpose to improve our planet!

Management is constantly changing and can be quite hectic. Usually understaffed making sick days and unavailable days an issue.
Pros
Great Energy
Cons
Understaffed
A Company with a social conscience
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Alberta6 December 2017
Typical day includes interacting with regular customers and providing product knowledge and personal service. This job requires a great deal of product knowledge but great training is provided. The management is great, always providing guidance and feedback but never overbearing or micro. The culture is fantastic. They encourage you to give back to your community through volunteering and creating community partners. I love the customers that come in. They need and want your help and are easy to interact with. The store team is fantastic to work with and makes every day enjoyable.
Pros
Community partnerships, training, teammates.
Love our team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON3 December 2017
I was so glad to join The Body Shop, it is a great company with amazing brand culture and value. It's not all about selling our product, it is also about telling people who we are and what we do to give back to the community.
enjoyable work environment
Customer Consultant & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2017
TBS is a great place to work at if you enjoy cosmetics, beauty products, skincare and bodycare. A typical day at work consists of helping customers find products according to their needs. You learn alot about skin and body along the way.
meh
Key holder/Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON13 November 2017
Management just went with the flow of the day and lacked organization. Too much gossip amongst employees because management would engage in that type of behaviour.
Against animal testing beauty products
Skincare Consultant and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 November 2017
A very small location for the international corporation I worked for, I enjoyed meeting many people from the neighbourhood. At times a little stressful (people are very demanding about vegan processes regarding products), otherwise was easy in customer service.
Pros
International brand, very loyal following.
Cons
No commission, endless demonstrations.
great ethics
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2017
Great company with great product. Fantastic values lots of heavy lifting and rewards for a job well done. Don't work here for the money but work here for the fact that with every product you are making a difference world wide.
Pros
values and ethics
Cons
long hours at christmas season and very heavy lifting
Customer Consultant, The Body Shop
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
If you enjoy the retail environment and sales this would be a great choice for you.

Management is very clear about everything and fair.

The company also has their own employee perks.
Productive workplace
Beauty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
I worked at The Body Shop as a Beauty Specialist. The Body Shop provided a detailed training and explanation of every skin care and beauty products. And also they have great products which are all nature.
Working at The Body Shop
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 September 2017
My overall experience working at The Body Shop is nothing but positive. I've learned so much about skincare and how to base products off by customers skin types. The environment is very warm and welcoming plus the diversity and greatness is amazing.
Pros
Cons
Rude customers
Lots of Learning tools
Assistant Manager / Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 September 2017
you are given plenty of learning tools to guide and train you in all areas of product, hands on training with most product is usual sales goals are realistic
Pros
paid lunch breaks
Cons
hard to get full time status
Love the brand
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2017
I love the brand and the people I've worked with in the last 2 years (broken up). The staff was constantly changing, the pay has not been suitable for the amount of knowledge I have from school as well as through the brand. I am a hard working individual who hasn't been recognized for my efforts, along with many others. They take too long to promote and have searched for external employees to take lead roles. I've built beautiful relationships with our customers and can tell you about every product and can relay a story. Never gave us any free meals or kind gestures for such a high volume location and high targets.
Pros
lovely people and products
Cons
Hard to be promoted, underpaid for high quality service, never acknowledged for efforts or given any benefits, tuition assistance only applies to f/t employees for f/t school, high turnover rate
I was able to learn a lot as a first retail job
Sales Associate - Part-time Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 September 2017
A typical day was to help customers to their satisfaction. I was able to learn a lot as my first retail job. Management was extremely helpful and supportive.
It's fine in the beguining
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2017
Seems like a fine job at first where people treat each other like family but after awhile you see whats going on. A lot of drama between staff as well as un trustworthy team mates. Managers who spend their whole shift gossiping in the office while you stay on the floor alone, district managers who don't care what it takes as long as you make the targets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.