The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Was a great job wonderful company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary Canada18 April 2017
Had a great group of girls and great management. Was a fun place to work with a lot of support and common goals. Everybody was involved in scheduling and was easy going when holidays were booked and shifts sorted.
Pros
Staffing
A friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 April 2017
- require workers to be up and moving most of the time
- good training
- workers receive 50% discount on products
- your ability as a sale associate reflects through your units per sale and number of sales
Great environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
My coworkers were all very amazing! Great environment, everyone was super understanding and fun! It taught me a lot of skills that will definately help me in the jobs to come!
Pros
Good hours
Horrible
Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 February 2017
I loved my job there till corporate got their hands on it and the owner sold it. I loved it when I started there but it quickly went downhill.The store used to be about making people feel good and showing them products designed specifically for them and their needs. once corporate took over it became about the money. They raised all their prices and pressured us to sell stuff to people that they didn't need. I am all for helping people but not scamming.
Pros
discount
Cons
Management, hours (worked for 12 hours with no breaks)
sale assistant
sale assistant (Former Employee) –  York, ON27 February 2017
starting at 10.00
assist the custumer, push the sell,up dates courses.

My collegue was all lovely girls, the manager was one of the best person I have ever met in all my life.
Good rotas, part time job
Pros
good rotas
Cons
underpaid
Working At The Body Shop
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2017
I couldn't have asked for a more fun, inclusive, and fair first employer. From my first day I felt very welcomed by all my co workers. Hours were great and flexible when needed, and trainers were competent. Salary was fair, and product knowledge was super easy and fun
Workplace culture
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 February 2017
working friendly environment, the most enjoyable is product knowledge, understanding community trade around the world, very inspiration.

a typical day at work is being creative.
Great position!
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 February 2017
I loved the customers, staff, the work! Always something to do just overall a really amazing spot for me to kick start my beauty career ! Couldn't have asked for any better.
Good seasonal job
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 February 2017
I worked there over the Christmas/Holiday season and it was a great experience. Management was excellent and the training was good.

The pay is too low for the amount you do though. The company makes huge profits over the holidays and they should be able to afford a decent pay for seasonal staff
Pros
Half price discount
Cons
Low pay for the work you do.
productive, friendly staff
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC29 January 2017
I start my shift by punching in electronically, checking in with management to see what our daily deals are, and then I check our communications book from Head Office to see if there are any new updates or policies. I'm constantly learning new things as we bring in quite a fair amount of new product, which requires obtaining new information. The hardest part about my job is trying to sign new customers up as members because a lot of the time, the customer find its not worth it to purchase a membership due to they don't come in often. I enjoy most about my job my co-workers, I love the people I work with they definitely bring up moral daily.
Cons
No shock mats as we are on our feet all day
The company doesn't care
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 January 2017
Targets are unachievable. No benefits for part time employees. Called HR on my boss for multiple things (harassment, time theft, abuse in general) only to be answered with "shes my friend and I hope you're telling the truth. No communication between head office and store, products being discontinued for months before the store hears about it and has a large waiting list for said products.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
no benefits for part time employees. Small bonuses if you get them
very productive and a fun place.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK7 January 2017
i got to talk to customers, meet new people,talk about the body shop products. i was also a cashier. i made new friends. i was a good sales representative.my colleagues were all fun and good to me. the work environment was good.
Pros
free lunches and got paid for my breaks.
Cons
customers were rude
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 November 2016
Focus on daily target and stretch
how to sell with enthusiasm and retain customers
work as a team to meet targets and give legendary customer service always
Pros
great team/culture
Cons
not enough recognition
Great values, underpay employees
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2016
Working for The Body Shop in a part time role is great, you get a wonderful discount and a flexible schedule. But once you get into management is where the company falls short. Employees do not get paid for over time work, when the work load is more than 40 hours a week, and underpay their employees. I love the products but I would not be working for this company again.
Pros
Discount, occasional free new products
Cons
Heavy workload with nothing in return
nice team but falling company
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 October 2016
I started at a "golden age" with the best team and a nice manager. Since there was a different CEO and a new district manager, I feel the company is not quite well managed. Employees are not as passionate at work as before. It happened once that a store has completely NO staff and they have to borrow people from other store to cover their hours and that problem was not solved in a month. The company pays very base hourly wage and no commission.
Pros
get paid for 30min lunch break
Lovely place to work.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC28 September 2016
Loved working for The Body Shop, all the great smells and produces made it easy to talk about and sell. I really enjoyed doing customers makeup and demonstrating how produces worked.
Fun place to work
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 September 2016
I enjoyed working closely with the mechanics and learning new things about vehicles. I enjoyed dealing with clients and upselling new parts for the vehicles.
Pros
Free lunches
Fun, rewarding, great management, lots of support
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 September 2016
Love working for The Body Shop, not only can I feel good about working everyday for a brand that is a leader in ethical standards, but its a fun job. The products I love, the teams and relationships I have made. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Free Product, Against animal testing
Fun, Learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
Loved working there. It was a different environment everyday. The volume of customers varied every hour and it was challenging and that was the enjoyable part of the job. Learning something new every hour about the products and attending seminars and conferences helped with the customer service. The hardest part of the job was management. They tried to maintain an amicable environment but the managers and the supervisor was extremely biased.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Will fight for human rights for everyone except their employees!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 June 2016
Probably one of the worst work experiences I have ever had. I worked there on and off for 8 years. At the start it was awesome. They have awesome values and stood by them. As the years went on it got worse and worse. Started putting mirco beads in their products and then signed up with Loreal. The pay is not good and you are overworked. Promised promotions which they should for employees who work hard within the company..make you work harder and lead you on. I will always be a customer of this company but will never ever work again for them!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval