The Body Shop Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
horrible managment, technically a great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), OntarioMarch 9, 2016
Pros: free products at launches, discounts
Cons: no management quality
company is great, on a level of products and technically how they want things run,

the management hired into any location, at any level, has no communication with staff, tend to be negative and rude towards staff on a personal level,
and they offer no career advancement opportunities,
Really love working there
Customer Consultant - Seasonal (Former Employee), Oakville, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Good discount, awesome products, great customers
Cons: Long hours on their hard-wood floors can hurt your legs, booking time off is a pain
I loved working there. I loved the products, I loved the stories of the products, I loved what the job entailed, and talking to the customers there. Typical day is on your feet, approaching customers, and explaining products. You have to have a basic knowledge of skincare and basic skin conditions and chemicals in products. You have to know the benefits of different ingredients (ex. hemp vs. vitamin E for dry, red skin) and how to market it to the customer. Customers were always friendly. Management can be really good or really bad. I've worked in one store and had to go to another store for a couple nights because they were short staffed. One of managers was very overwhelming and demanding, the other was very kind and fun and free-spirited. It's all about who you get as a manager. Co-workers are alright. You either have your friends or you have your competition. Hardest part is selling the membership card, most enjoyable part is the customers and the products. Getting ready for work is fun too - I've never had a job that asked me to get make up on and be as pretty as I can be.
Good tips. long hour
Server (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Freindly Attmosphere
Cons: Long hours
Good tips. long hour, Have worked here sereval years and have a goog repour with regular costumers. the hours are long but the tips are good.I enjoy interaction with the patrons
Positive Friendly Environment
Customer Consultant, Key holder (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: salary
This company always has new products to offer their clients. As customer consultants, our knowledge is constantly increasing in terms of product ingredients and their associated benefits. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, it is very easy for a new hire to observe their sales techniques and learn the product terminology in accordance with The Body Shop's guidelines. TBS offers a 50% discount to its' employees as well as one free product whenever a new line is introduced.
Great job - fun, friendly atmosphere.
sales consultant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 16, 2015
Great place to work. Management and customer consultants are passionate and really know their information on each and every product in the store. Management do a lot of work on the floor with customers and are have a huge involvement in merchandising.
A Wonderful company with great values, have had so many awesome customers in my 2 years years there that i still see and will never forget.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 9, 2016
always held to your sales targets hourly, daily and monthly. Must be well versed with sales and customer service and very outgoing, but if if you have that... it is a fun and a fantastic place to work!
This company was awesome to work for
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Petawawa, ONMarch 29, 2016
I would open and close the store, stock shelves/merchandising, count the cash, customer service was very important to the Body Shop. It was a lot of fun selling product that did not test on animals. I would work for this company again
Big pros, big cons
Customer Consultant (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONMarch 20, 2016
Lots of daily/weekly paperwork, lots of product knowledge, lots of sales goals. Many responsibilities, not necessarily in line with your pay.
Lost of tasking to do in a short mount of time, & working alone a lot.
Co-workers are great.
nice place to work
Customer Consultant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: free products
Cons: less hours
Body shop was a great place to work and I developed great customer service skills. A typical day at work is dealing with various customers,maintaining the store, making the visual of the store is perfect all the time.
The bodyshop
Shop manger Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Alberta canadaApril 14, 2016
Pros: 50% off products
Cons: Poor management
Poor management not a honest company.Great co_ workers. NOT TO TRUST MANAGEMENT get everything in writing. THE BEST PART helping the customers.
about the job
Seasonal Sale Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONApril 13, 2016
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
everything about this company is great, the people and staff of so smiley and friendly. The company itself always you to be yourself and be stress free.
Great Experience
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 16, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at The Body Shop. Manager was friendly and offered employees shifts based on their schedules. Would work there again.
the body shop was a good atmosphere, great people to work with and always friendly customers
Cashier and Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 22, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management
A typical day at the body shop was a good day except when it came to the manager and I we didn't really get along very well. I loved the co-workers I worked with always cheery and joyful to be around. the hardest part of my job was Christmas rush.
Great Company
Sales (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Knowledge gained
Learned a great deal with this company. Great products, education and concept. From management to employees, they were all great to work with and many of us still keep in touch.
overall great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 2, 2015
Assistant Manager kept reducing my vacation time that she had approved of months before. Overall was a good place to work at.
fun place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: Free staff products upon new product launches
Cons: Over abundance of rules and regulations
Fun and smells lovely. But the communication between management and staff isn`t there. Expectations are outrageous.
Good Job, People were rude.
Cashier (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 23, 2015
We worked in the Mall, so we generally dealt with some rude customers, and that really sucked. We also didn't have a set manager at the time, and that doesn't really keep a company going. We also were in the middle of renos, so we had to work around alot of other workers, which was hard because our shop wasn't very big at all. Overall, it was a good place to work.
Good company that does a lot of charitable work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brampton, OnMay 2, 2014
Pros: charity work
My typical day involved selling while giving excellent customer service. I hired and trained new staff and coached current staff. We made it a fun environment for employees, plus we were involved in charity work for local shelters and fundraisers. We were like a family.
I was involved in loss prevention procedures for the store plus inventory control.

Enjoyed serving the customers and succeeding goals.
Quite Satisfactory
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONSeptember 2, 2015
Satisfactory work culture along with flexible work hours. Not very complicated system which allows anyone to seamlessly join the team and become productive.
contiuous learning and great atmosphere
Customer Consultant & Key Holder (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: company promos when new product comes out
Cons: none
Everyday is a new learning experience, with new products coming out every few months, your always learning something new about current or new product, daily specials and ongoing customer service.
My boss is the greatest holds everyone to their own standard, and holds everyone accountable to obtain goals... love seeing return customers that remember me and what I've taught them about skin care or make-up application.
Headquarters