The Beer Store Employee Reviews in Canada

fun, energetic, busy, wonderful people
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON, Niagara Falls, ON,July 4, 2016
I enjoyed my career with the company, everyone I worked with and trained were great. We could all stay steady in a fast-paced enviroment and still have fun. It was instinctive to help eachother out in peak times, and everyone was always enthusiastic about learning everyone's roles so operations would always run smoothly.
Pros
Full time hours, great pay, benefits, great people, customers and staff alike.
Cons
Returns regulations for safety needed tweeking
The Beer Store Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 27, 2016
A day to day at The Beer Store was something very nostalgic. Majority of the customers that came in were usually regulars and you would know their order before they could even say it. You would almost be able to have their order there before they even arrived in the store. It was a very happy place even though the level of empty returns became overwhelming, we would all stick together as a team and work though it. I believe that working there allowed me to understand all walks of life and also help me to understand all types of needs. over all, Great Experience
Pros
great employees
Cons
empty return levels
Always work to be done, heavy lifting and sometimes dirty
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket/AuroraMay 2, 2016
The Beer Store is an excellent place to get in to for part time employment. There are opportunities to move up, and even without a promotion, yearly pay increases are mandatory. The job can be fun, but dirty, as you take back empty alcohol containers for the majority of your first year with the company and beyond. Your experience will very depending on who you work with and your cliental.
Good Environment, Management and Clientele
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 13, 2016
The Beer Store was an overall good work environment. I quickly developed relationships with management, co-workers and clientele. The company did a good job fundraising and providing charitable options. Although it was a very busy, and often times demanding job, it was rewarding in several ways. Including the fact that the job was very much focused on recycling and the environment.
Pros
Good Lifestyle Accommodation, Environmentally Conscious, Quality Management/Staff
Cons
Few Hours at Times, Corporate Bias Towards Brands
Fast passed and exciting work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 1, 2016
Great opportunities on a daily basis to develop patience, and a high level of customer relation experience with customers. Often times you are tasked with somewhat difficult circumstances, and having the knowledge and experience to develop a positive solution for all parties has proven to be a great joy associated with the position. Opportunity to develop further technical knowledge with the Brewery world, and allow this knowledge to create a unique and customized experience for each individual that comes in to the store.
Pros
Great experience in developing customer relation skills
Cons
Unionization creates for a very slow and laggard head office approach
Job that keeps you physically fit
Driver/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 14, 2016
Physical job that allows you to work either inside or outside the warehouse delivering product. Co-workers are very nice and supportive of one another. Management shows appreciation of hard workers. Very flexible working hours. Physical demands help keep you fit and make the day go by quickly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement
An emerging professional looking for full-time employeement
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 3, 2016
The job I am looking for will help me move forward in my career, while helping me shape my skills.

I want full-time employment where I am able to use my education and skills in order to help move the company forward.
Best Job
Customer Service/Back Stock (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ONApril 2, 2016
The beer store is a fast and intense work place. With that being said it is also one of the most enjoyable and fun places to work! You make relationships with people you see often and you get to ENJOY your job!
Pros
People, enjoyable
smell
Productive fun place to work at
Liquor Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 20, 2016
Learned about Alcohol law and sales. The people were great and the workplace environment is great. A lot of heavy lifting involved.
Pros
The hours provided were flexible and good with work
Cons
cold work space
Great Place to Work!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 31, 2016
I enjoy working at The Beer Store, staff hired is always fun and energetic people. Hours aren't too bad can go up to 40 hours/week as part-time if needed but mainly 20 hours/week.
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
Would like more hours
Good environment
Accounting clerk (contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Overall great company to work for with a great CEO. You feel like you are adding value to the company with your day to day tasks.
The only thing I don't like is that the company has majority of its staff in head office on contract which creates a lack of job stability and security.
Great part time job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Every day at TBS is fast paced and exciting for anyone who enjoys customer service. Majority of the customers are always happy to be in the store, and my co-workers were all positive, helpful, and hard working. A great place for any student to work while in school.
Goal oriented workplace with fast-paced environment
Responsible Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dunnville, ONMarch 17, 2016
The Beer Store has been a great experience for me, this job has made me take on more responsibilities, while under pressure from customers.
No room for advancement
customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Abusive to employees
No room for advancement
Long hard hours for little pay
Abusive Customers
Dirty
Management was abusive to staff
Human Resources does not follow up with complaints
Pros
n/a
Cons
Long hard hours, heavy lifting, little pay
Productive, welcoming atmosphere
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 24, 2016
The Beer Store is a great place to work. The management is amazing and a great leader, and it is a great environment to work.
Busy Busy Busy!
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Fast paced environment and constantly on the go! This is a great job for those who love to be on the move while still be able to interact with diverse customers.
Always on your feet working!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  6212 Yonge St, North York, ON M2M 3X4January 31, 2016
Management and co-workers help keep the workplace fun to work at. Co-workers help me find beer when I cannot find it and assist with many other task when asked.
Pros
Flexible hours
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 9, 2015
I great place to work. I've been working part time with this company for 11+ years. Advancement can be difficult because of the union. It is more of a physically demanding job then that of a mentally challenging position.

If you like interacting with the public, and enjoy a physically demanding position. this job is for you.
Good environment
Accounting clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Overall great environment to work in. Unfortunately majority of the positions in head office are contract which creates a sense of lack in job security.
They need to shift from contract attitude to permanent attitude.
Good Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 21, 2016
I did enjoy working with The Beer Store. The management was good. The work environment was good but I did not enjoy the hours.
Pros
Good management