The Beer Store

The Beer Store Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Interesting
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Simcoe, ONMarch 1, 2015
I learned a lot in a short period of time but didn't get to really advanced her before I left. I got to learn about the different types of beer and distributers before I left along with the chance to balance safes and tills
good environment and really nice people to work with
Customer Sales (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 18, 2015
the beer store was a fun place to work at where both the managers and fellow workers were relate able and shared similar interests. the environment was very friendly and the getting to know more about beer was interesting. sometimes it was difficult to deal with customers when rejecting intoxicated patrons who become very upset and aggressive.
fun place to work, not enough hours
Beer Store Clerk (Former Employee), Iroquois Falls, ONJanuary 29, 2015
liked working here. great people, liked the customer service as well as the job, no room for advancement in this small store in a small town. Needed a better pay and more hours, looking for more of a career choice.
The Beer Store and BDL
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: social gathering every thursday evening
The Beer Store and Brewers Distributor Limited is a high paced environment. High volume invoices with both companies over 20,000 invoices needed to be processed each month. I would ensure all invoices are validated with proper approval levels according to our policy and guidelines. Posted all batches entered into our accounting system. Posted all payment batches. Handle all levels of enquiries between management and vendors and customers effectively.
I learned to to be a team players, how to work and respect my co-workers and all levels of management.
I loved all of my co-workers, we are polite to each other and we are helpful to each other.
The love of my job made my job very enjoyable and looked forward everyday to do my work
The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that at the end of the day I have made a difference both with accomplishing my daily task and working with excellence people.
lot's of social interaction.
Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 7, 2015
the hardest part of job was being painfully aware of peoples dependencies of alcohol. Great job for students, permanent part time and full time positions are far more secure. Everyone buys beer just like being a garbageman, everyone needs garbage removed.
Good working Environment
COSTUMER REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), 3561 Lawrence Avenue E. Scarborough, ON M1H 1B2January 7, 2015
Enjoyed working with my co-workers
Enjoyed helping customer fulling their needs
Awesome job to have.
Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONDecember 7, 2014
Pros: breaking bottles, staff, great atmosphere.
Cons: busy, low hours, empties, rude customers
Currently work at the Beer Store and I love my job. It's a love/hate, but it's easy to overcome the hate by breaking bottles in the back. Flexible schedules and great staff.
Great job working as an assembler for the beer store warehouse
Assembler (Former Employee), Whitby, ONNovember 24, 2014
Pros: very clear on work expectations and assigned duties
Cons: somewhat repetitive.
Work was never too demanding, Each day starts by being assigned a number of orders to be completed by the end of the work shift. The orders were always a reasonable amount and were never too much to handle. Great atmosphere as the management and workers were kind, helpful and all along good people.
The beer store
Customer Service (Former Employee), Barrie, OntarioOctober 30, 2014
Pros: great employer
Cons: low hours
Served customers with extremely excellent service.
problem solved, balanced daily floats.
loved working there great employees.
Productive and fun work place with great fellow employees, making an awesome team to be apart of.
Part Time Retail/Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Elliot Lake, ONOctober 15, 2014
I happily sign in at the beginning of my shift and start off by getting my point of sales station organized and ready to go whether it be on the bottle return side or the full good side. Always remembering to provide great quality customer service and maintaining a clean and organized environment through out the day, I follow safety hazard guidelines and make sure to work together as a team. At this location I learn something new everyday which I enjoy very much. I don't find anything hard about my job anymore but giving the physical strength this job requires it is a great work out challenge. the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with very cool and kind people every shift and being able to be apart of making a difference in recycling and fundraising for charities.
Fast paced environment with high volume customer traffic
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Orleans, ONOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great job atmosphere
Cons: summertime empty bottles returns
Point of sale customer service sales and bottle crushing entails most of the day with the odd joke thrown in. Team work is essential for every day operations to flow smoothly.
Cashier (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 8, 2014
working at the beer store was fun, met awesome people and it was a good learning experience
Fast pace, high traffic, memorable customers
Cashier/Key Holder/Stock Handler (Current Employee), Stratford, ONSeptember 4, 2014
I work at a very high traffic Beer Store, which requires a calm demeanor and fast paced thinking. I love all my co-workers and love serving and conversing with my customers. They can make even a bad day enjoyable.
Fun, but smelly
P/T Cashier (Former Employee), Innisfil, ONAugust 23, 2014
It was great working at the beer store it was a very busy place to work. Organizing the empties was gross sometimes but, it was fun to be able to break the glass and not get in trouble for it
Excellent work environemtn
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 30, 2014
Learned effective and responsible sale of alcohol in a fast paced environment. Training and management are second to none. Great pay, advancement and upward mobility.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 21, 2014
Movement available, personable staff/management, unionized, customer service oriented
Volunteering
Leukemia Bottle Drive- Volunteer (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJuly 17, 2014
I loved doing this, it gave me a great sense of compassion. Seeing how many people would actually donate their bottles for a great cause was amazing.
The Joy of a great staff Delivering Joyous Beer to the Masses!
Senior Assembly (Current Employee), assembly FloorJuly 2, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, consistent work, sense of gratifications
Cons: hard work, slow raises, occasional miscommunication
As a Beer store employee for almost 4 years, I've grown close, not only to the staff, but the ideals and principals TBS has to offer. With a Solid management staff, and assembly lines and other who care about their job. What's not to love. I've Learn the core understanding of teamwork within this Company. The hardest part of the Job would be the occasional sore, aches and pains, but granted you lift your product with consciousness, most pains can be avoided. My favorite part of the job is the people that surround me.
Beer Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), MississaugaMay 1, 2014
It was a good environment to work in, Sometimes very fast paced.
Had great interactions with customers as well as other Sale associates. Was able to learn alot but was difficult for advancement.
Busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Sutton, ONApril 30, 2014
My typical day would start off by grabbing my till from the office and setting up at a cash register. From there on depending how busy it was I would take peoples orders, grab there orders, stock the beer fridge, sort through the empties. At the end of the shifts I would have to sweep and mop and then count my till. Working at the beer store i learned a lot of communication skills by interacting with customers. The management was good, although we were short staffed a lot of the time. The coworkers were great. They were very nice and understanding when I would need help with things. The hardest part of the job was learning about everything. All the different types of beers, where everything was kept, etc. The most enjoyable part was the coworkers and the shifts were great. They worked around your schedule if you had some conflicts.

1 2 3