The Beer Store Employee Reviews

Great Place for part time work
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON3 October 2017
If your looking for flexible hours and minimum wage pay this is the place for you. The co workers are great and the management is easy to get along with.
I worked here a decade and got out alive.
CSR/Keyholder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
The Beer Store is only good to their full time staff and management. If you're planning on a part time job, I wouldn't recommend it. Old full time staff make a ton more per hour than newly hired part time staff and the union dues you pay into are really all a show. The union doesn't really do much to help the part time staff if they need it.
Pros
You don't need a gym membership if you work here.
Cons
You don't need a gym membership if you work here.
Very Solid job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 August 2017
part time and flexible around your schedule, staff and community very helpful, very patient and willing to help you to succeed. I would recommend this place of employment.
Dependent upon management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 August 2017
I began at the Beer Store when the store manager was liked by upper management, so it was great then. But once another new store manager came to my store everything changed. For unjust reasons the district manager did not like my store manager even though I though he was a really great guy. This resulted in always being short staffed because the district manager wouldn't allow him to give more hours out, and my poor store manager was getting watched under a microscope. This caused a poor experience for everyone, the employees and the customers because being short staffed didn't allow us to put new product out because we would always get stuffed with empties and only 2 people working at a time.

So, with that being said, it depends on the store, the people you work with and especially your store and district manager. I actually would not recommend this job based on my experience but I do know people that love the job.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Don't feel valued, bad pay
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
A typical day is interacting with many different colourful people. No additional skills were accrued from this employment. Management is very understanding to any outside issues that may arise. The workplace culture is very diverse. The most enjoyable part of the job is not knowing who will walk in the door next.
Fun and active workplace
Supervisor and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 August 2017
Working for the Beer Store you would;

load and unload trucks
take inventory
replenish stock as needed
work with forklifts
cashier responsibilities

The Beer Store is a fast paced environment and was very enjoyable to have as an employer.
Pros
Active workplace
Workplace review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ON2 August 2017
Working here is a very demanding job. It is a fast paced environment that has high expectations of very few employees. Finding full time work within this company can be difficult and should be more geared towards individuals searching for part time work.
Flexible
CSR (Current Employee) –  Toronto2 August 2017
Very flexible part time position. Great people, great experience.

Must be alright with getting dirty, as empties can get messy. Must be quick on your feet.
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 July 2017
Takes a while to get use to the physical labour and the night shift. Trained to use a transporter/walkie, trained to use a wrap machine and how to stack orders properly. Management is good most of the time, there are some bad supervisors that will try to make your job harder than it is meant to be.
Pros
$1 premium for night shift workers
Great place to work!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON21 July 2017
They do a really good job at taking care of their students during school and relocating based on location of the school.
Management is great and all of the co workers are knowledgable and great to work with.
Pros
Good hours
Team-led environment, very friendly and comfortable.
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 July 2017
Working at The Beer Store has been the best retail experience in my life. The team is fantastic to work with and I have learned that I can handle a lot more than I thought previously. The management has been great in every Beer Store I've worked at.
Pros
Ability to pick up shifts, availability considerations
Cons
Very physically demanding
Beer Store is excellent place to work.
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2017
Am looking for part -time work driving,have excellent knowledge of city and surrronding areas and have excellent driving skills.Am physically fit,non smoker,and very dependable,and do not need supervision when work has to be done.
Great Place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2017
Friendly people, I recommend working here. Great place, I learned more about computers and programming and improved my multitasking skills. My boss was great and everyone's really helpful and nice.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Great place to work with many new things to learn
Beer Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON21 June 2017
Fun people to work with and management are very kind and understanding. Advancement within the business is long and dysfunctional. Benefits are not easy to get.
Pros
Caring people to work with
Cons
Long time to advance within the workplace
Okay workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON16 June 2017
The hours are horrible roughly 4-5.5 with only one break, it's done by seniority which means in the winter you'll probably need a second job. Most part-timers have to have a second job. It's hard to get as a full timer, you have to be a personal part timer first. Because there are about 4 or so full-timers and an unreliable manager who's never really there, you'll probably have multiple people tell you different things and most of the time they all get mad because you do what other ones say. It is a dirty job, there's no discounts or anything, it is a union job so that's really the only good thing. Once you're in they really can't fire you.
Pros
Union job, yearly raise
productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2017
I was definitely working on trailers alot and i was making alot of orders and it wasnt what i wanted anymore i got let go because of the manager and miss communication
Fast paced
Cashier/Stock person (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 May 2017
Multi-tasking is essential. Will build character in a team environment. A close relationship with all Beer Store locations and employees makes dealing with stress of the job manageable and sometimes comedic.
Pros
Potential for lifelong friendships
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Good place, good people good culture.
Part Time Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fallowfield, ON14 May 2017
Great place to work, very supportive management and employee culture. Wish there was more options for growth - union is somewhat stagnant. Few options to increase rank.
Pros
Simple work, Direct duties
Cons
inconsistent hours for part time workers
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Haliburton, ON9 May 2017
A typical day spent learning about all products carried at the store along with new products to be released and local breweries. Every day you learn something new and get to share it with others. Normally a fast- paced environment requiring good communication skills and customer service.
Ontario Beer Store
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
The Beer Store is has a union that always has your back. The pay is fairly good and the staff are great to work with. The job is flexible with hours and offers room for advancement