The Beer Store Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive fun place to work at
Liquor Store Clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: The hours provided were flexible and good with work
Cons: cold work space
Learned about Alcohol law and sales. The people were great and the workplace environment is great. A lot of heavy lifting involved.
Best Job
Customer Service/Back Stock (Former Employee), Listowel, ONApril 2, 2016
Pros: People, enjoyable
Cons: smell
The beer store is a fast and intense work place. With that being said it is also one of the most enjoyable and fun places to work! You make relationships with people you see often and you get to ENJOY your job!
Great Place to Work!
Cashier (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Fun Staff
Cons: Would like more hours
I enjoy working at The Beer Store, staff hired is always fun and energetic people. Hours aren't too bad can go up to 40 hours/week as part-time if needed but mainly 20 hours/week.
Good Management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Good management
I did enjoy working with The Beer Store. The management was good. The work environment was good but I did not enjoy the hours.
Goal oriented workplace with fast-paced environment
Responsible Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Dunnville, ONMarch 17, 2016
The Beer Store has been a great experience for me, this job has made me take on more responsibilities, while under pressure from customers.
Job that keeps you physically fit
Driver/Order Picker (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Not much room for advancement
Physical job that allows you to work either inside or outside the warehouse delivering product. Co-workers are very nice and supportive of one another. Management shows appreciation of hard workers. Very flexible working hours. Physical demands help keep you fit and make the day go by quickly.
Good Environment, Management and Clientele
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONMarch 13, 2016
Pros: Good Lifestyle Accommodation, Environmentally Conscious, Quality Management/Staff
Cons: Few Hours at Times, Corporate Bias Towards Brands
The Beer Store was an overall good work environment. I quickly developed relationships with management, co-workers and clientele. The company did a good job fundraising and providing charitable options. Although it was a very busy, and often times demanding job, it was rewarding in several ways. Including the fact that the job was very much focused on recycling and the environment.
Fast passed and exciting work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Great experience in developing customer relation skills
Cons: Unionization creates for a very slow and laggard head office approach
Great opportunities on a daily basis to develop patience, and a high level of customer relation experience with customers. Often times you are tasked with somewhat difficult circumstances, and having the knowledge and experience to develop a positive solution for all parties has proven to be a great joy associated with the position. Opportunity to develop further technical knowledge with the Brewery world, and allow this knowledge to create a unique and customized experience for each individual that comes in to the store.
Busy Busy Busy!
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee), Ajax, ONFebruary 25, 2016
Fast paced environment and constantly on the go! This is a great job for those who love to be on the move while still be able to interact with diverse customers.
Always on your feet working!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), 6212 Yonge St, North York, ON M2M 3X4January 31, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours
Management and co-workers help keep the workplace fun to work at. Co-workers help me find beer when I cannot find it and assist with many other task when asked.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Working at the beer store I have learned how to deal with customers in a better manner and can send costumers away happier and wanting to come back.
No room for advancement
customer service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 23, 2016
Pros: n/a
Cons: Long hard hours, heavy lifting, little pay
Abusive to employees
No room for advancement
Long hard hours for little pay
Abusive Customers
Dirty
Management was abusive to staff
Human Resources does not follow up with complaints
Great place to work, awesome work enviornment
cashier (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONJanuary 20, 2016
I love my job, couldn't ask for a better job! My co-workers are awesome. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with such great people.
Great Place to Work!
Full Time Stockperson (Current Employee), Smiths Falls, ONJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day at work for me was going in to open, getting cashes ready, beer in the fridge and occasionally loading and unloading trucks before daily business started. After the store was open, you work cash (empties or full side), sorting empties, getting beer for customers, completing transactions, filling single can cooler and cleaning and keeping store tidy and organized.

I worked for The Beer Store for almost 10 years. I learned almost everything I know about customer service, beer products (through online and personal training), and what it takes make sure people leave wanting to come back.

Management is fantastic both at the store and district level. Everyone is very supportive of staff advancing and doing what they can to help you get to where you want to be.

Co-workers were the best part of the job. At our store we were not just co-workers, we were a team. We came to work, did the job but most importantly, had fun doing it. We supported each other and made sure that if we came in a bad mood, we left in a great one! This is probably what I will miss most about the job!

The hardest part of the job was the lifting and repetitive motions. However, the company provides you with the training you need to make sure that no injuries come from the job. If you follow procedure and don't rush, you leave in the same condition you came to work in.

The most enjoyable part of the job was again, the people I worked with. If I had to choose something else it would be the incentives and the recognition. They make sure to tell you that you're doing a job well – more... done and offer didn't programs to get you into the spirit of working for them and exceeding with customer service. – less
Good environment
Accounting clerk (contract) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Overall great company to work for with a great CEO. You feel like you are adding value to the company with your day to day tasks.
The only thing I don't like is that the company has majority of its staff in head office on contract which creates a lack of job stability and security.
Good environment
Accounting clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Overall great environment to work in. Unfortunately majority of the positions in head office are contract which creates a sense of lack in job security.
They need to shift from contract attitude to permanent attitude.
Great part time job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Guelph, ONJanuary 7, 2016
Every day at TBS is fast paced and exciting for anyone who enjoys customer service. Majority of the customers are always happy to be in the store, and my co-workers were all positive, helpful, and hard working. A great place for any student to work while in school.
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 9, 2015
I great place to work. I've been working part time with this company for 11+ years. Advancement can be difficult because of the union. It is more of a physically demanding job then that of a mentally challenging position.

If you like interacting with the public, and enjoy a physically demanding position. this job is for you.
The Beer Store
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 6, 2015
Inbound call center job processing beer orders for licensees and retail partners in Ontario and western Canada. Also performed general office duties
Nice group of guys
worker (Current Employee), Windsor, ONOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Staff and Management relaxed and easy going
Cons: low wages and long waiting list for permanent jobs
Good atmosphere with workers, not enough pay, and no chance for advancement -- long waiting list, unionized.

Good for part time or seasonal work if you want to make extra money or are waiting for a permanent position elsewhere

Some parts of the job are not enjoyable and monotonous, like separating nasty bottles for recycling.

Management is good, but must adhere to company policy for advancement of positions. Personable and friendly.