The Beer Store Employee Reviews

fun, energetic, busy, wonderful people
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON, Niagara Falls, ON,July 4, 2016
I enjoyed my career with the company, everyone I worked with and trained were great. We could all stay steady in a fast-paced enviroment and still have fun. It was instinctive to help eachother out in peak times, and everyone was always enthusiastic about learning everyone's roles so operations would always run smoothly.
Pros
Full time hours, great pay, benefits, great people, customers and staff alike.
Cons
Returns regulations for safety needed tweeking
The Beer Store Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 27, 2016
A day to day at The Beer Store was something very nostalgic. Majority of the customers that came in were usually regulars and you would know their order before they could even say it. You would almost be able to have their order there before they even arrived in the store. It was a very happy place even though the level of empty returns became overwhelming, we would all stick together as a team and work though it. I believe that working there allowed me to understand all walks of life and also help me to understand all types of needs. over all, Great Experience
Pros
great employees
Cons
empty return levels
Good Work Environment
Beer Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ONSeptember 7, 2016
The bee store is a great place to work if you are fine staying on your feet for multiple hours throughout the day as thats really thee only demanding tasks of the workplace. Great people to work aside and a good work environment. Great management keeps things running happily and smoothly.
Always work to be done, heavy lifting and sometimes dirty
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket/AuroraMay 2, 2016
The Beer Store is an excellent place to get in to for part time employment. There are opportunities to move up, and even without a promotion, yearly pay increases are mandatory. The job can be fun, but dirty, as you take back empty alcohol containers for the majority of your first year with the company and beyond. Your experience will very depending on who you work with and your cliental.
Quality Depends on the Manager
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 27, 2016
I have been lucky to work with a number of good managers with this company, but not every location does. If you enjoy working with a wide range of customers working for The Beer Store in Downtown Toronto is great.
Pros
Lots to learn on the job
Cons
Irregular Hours
Interesting and Hardworking job
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONSeptember 5, 2016
You have to be okay with safe sales and sometimes refusal of sale. Asking for identification is a huge must do. It can be physically and mentally demanding. You learn how to act in interesting situations.
Very busy job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 28, 2016
It's not so much the job that is stressful, it is the customer base. The majority of customers are buying single cans of beer 8 times a day with the smallest amount of change. Many come in intoxicated and angry.
Pros
Buying beer is easy
Cons
Customers are awful
Good Environment, Management and Clientele
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 13, 2016
The Beer Store was an overall good work environment. I quickly developed relationships with management, co-workers and clientele. The company did a good job fundraising and providing charitable options. Although it was a very busy, and often times demanding job, it was rewarding in several ways. Including the fact that the job was very much focused on recycling and the environment.
Pros
Good Lifestyle Accommodation, Environmentally Conscious, Quality Management/Staff
Cons
Few Hours at Times, Corporate Bias Towards Brands
An emerging professional looking for full-time employeement
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONJune 3, 2016
The job I am looking for will help me move forward in my career, while helping me shape my skills.

I want full-time employment where I am able to use my education and skills in order to help move the company forward.
Fast passed and exciting work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 1, 2016
Great opportunities on a daily basis to develop patience, and a high level of customer relation experience with customers. Often times you are tasked with somewhat difficult circumstances, and having the knowledge and experience to develop a positive solution for all parties has proven to be a great joy associated with the position. Opportunity to develop further technical knowledge with the Brewery world, and allow this knowledge to create a unique and customized experience for each individual that comes in to the store.
Pros
Great experience in developing customer relation skills
Cons
Unionization creates for a very slow and laggard head office approach
Job that keeps you physically fit
Driver/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 14, 2016
Physical job that allows you to work either inside or outside the warehouse delivering product. Co-workers are very nice and supportive of one another. Management shows appreciation of hard workers. Very flexible working hours. Physical demands help keep you fit and make the day go by quickly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Worst company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fonthill, ONSeptember 1, 2016
A typical day sucked, horrible management,and union rep. tries to sleep with you. Hardest part-showing up, Most enjoyable-leaving.
Pros
Great regulars, love people
Cons
self explained
Productive and fun place
BC Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 9, 2016
Extremely busy. Fast Paced environment.

Workers are great. We have a laugh all the time

People are motivated and management expects a lot.
Pros
Pub Night
Cons
Productive fun place to work at
Liquor Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 20, 2016
Learned about Alcohol law and sales. The people were great and the workplace environment is great. A lot of heavy lifting involved.
Pros
The hours provided were flexible and good with work
Cons
cold work space
Best Job
Customer Service/Back Stock (Former Employee) –  Listowel, ONApril 2, 2016
The beer store is a fast and intense work place. With that being said it is also one of the most enjoyable and fun places to work! You make relationships with people you see often and you get to ENJOY your job!
Pros
People, enjoyable
smell
Productive, welcoming atmosphere
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 24, 2016
The Beer Store is a great place to work. The management is amazing and a great leader, and it is a great environment to work.
Great Place to Work!
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 31, 2016
I enjoy working at The Beer Store, staff hired is always fun and energetic people. Hours aren't too bad can go up to 40 hours/week as part-time if needed but mainly 20 hours/week.
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
Would like more hours
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONJune 15, 2016
Its a good place to work, it can be a fast pace environment, but slow at times. it is a competitive environment to get in to.
Good environment
Accounting clerk (contract) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Overall great company to work for with a great CEO. You feel like you are adding value to the company with your day to day tasks.
The only thing I don't like is that the company has majority of its staff in head office on contract which creates a lack of job stability and security.
Goal oriented workplace with fast-paced environment
Responsible Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Dunnville, ONMarch 17, 2016
The Beer Store has been a great experience for me, this job has made me take on more responsibilities, while under pressure from customers.