The Beer Store Employee Reviews

Great Place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2017
Friendly people, I recommend working here. Great place, I learned more about computers and programming and improved my multitasking skills. My boss was great and everyone's really helpful and nice.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Great place to work with many new things to learn
Beer Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON21 June 2017
Fun people to work with and management are very kind and understanding. Advancement within the business is long and dysfunctional. Benefits are not easy to get.
Pros
Caring people to work with
Cons
Long time to advance within the workplace
productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2017
I was definitely working on trailers alot and i was making alot of orders and it wasnt what i wanted anymore i got let go because of the manager and miss communication
Fast paced
Cashier/Stock person (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 May 2017
Multi-tasking is essential. Will build character in a team environment. A close relationship with all Beer Store locations and employees makes dealing with stress of the job manageable and sometimes comedic.
Pros
Potential for lifelong friendships
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Good place, good people good culture.
Part Time Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fallowfield, ON14 May 2017
Great place to work, very supportive management and employee culture. Wish there was more options for growth - union is somewhat stagnant. Few options to increase rank.
Pros
Simple work, Direct duties
Cons
inconsistent hours for part time workers
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Haliburton, ON9 May 2017
A typical day spent learning about all products carried at the store along with new products to be released and local breweries. Every day you learn something new and get to share it with others. Normally a fast- paced environment requiring good communication skills and customer service.
Ontario Beer Store
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
The Beer Store is has a union that always has your back. The pay is fairly good and the staff are great to work with. The job is flexible with hours and offers room for advancement
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 April 2017
A typical work day would consist of checking your till when you get to work. Signing onto either an empty or full till.

Signing onto a empty till means you will be doing empty beer returns, you will categorize all the different empties and then pay out the customer according to what kind and how many empties they bring back.

Singing onto a full till means you will be selling the beer to customers. This is when we handle the most cash.
Pros
Frendly work enviroment
Cons
No lunch room or Breaks
Never gave me a chance to learn
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2017
Was expected to memorize their horribly designed cash register in 2 weeks. The people where nice and I was very fast at sorting but was let go because i couldn't memorize who brews every single beer in the whole store within 2 weeks.
its not the lcbo
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 April 2017
It's not what you think very poor moral. Constant cuts that make you work harder with poor pay and benifets it's a paycheque every 2 weeks nothing else trust me on this just ask any manager
Pros
good staff
Cons
upper management has no clue
Volunteering for Bottle Drive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON15 April 2017
Volunteering at the Bottle drive is a great experience. The staff there are super friendly and it is a great cause and everyone you come in contact with are nice and there is no hard time.
Started as part time, now I'm here for life
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2017
I came here to work as a part time employee, and save up enough to go to school. Basically, in the long run, I didn't end up going to school, but decided to progress with my career through the beer store. I was there for two years, I worked hard, and I got promoted. I now make just as much, if not more, than someone who has a college diploma. It's an amazing job, I love my employees and the opportunities it presents. If you manage to get into the beer store, KEEP IT. Unions are hard to get into! AND there's a pension!!!
Pros
Paid lunches, good pay, moving up fast, fun, union
Cons
Winters are sparse, the job can get dirty
Working at the beer store
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
Very good people ,great workplace. Fast pace keeps you on your toes. Social and always interacting with people. management is good,there always there for any questions you may have. Hardest part would be the lifting. Most enjoyable part would be working with your team and meeting new people.
Pros
fast days
Cons
always busy
Fun work environments with many opportunities to learn new things
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON3 April 2017
This job requires both physical and mental ability. I am always learning about new products we carry and constantly gaining confidence in this workplace. My fellow employees help bring some fun to the job. We always try to help each other out when possible.
Can be a great team building experience
Customer Service Rep (temp) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2017
Great company to get experience in the frontline workforce.

Going to add much of nothing to get the minimum of one hundred and fifty characters, unfortunately I have said all I can come up with.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Poor supervisor attitudes at with some
The Beer Store
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 March 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at The Beer Store, in Toronto and Kingston locations. The job was hard work but rewarding. At times I would've appreciated more working hours. In all great work and life experience.
Fun and Informative
Bottle Sorter (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 March 2017
At the Beer store it was a fun place to work with little stress or pressure. Very relaxed and fun managers. Was overall a great job to work at during highschool
Great atmosphere, fast pace, professional
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2017
A core business in Ontario. The Beer Store creates a positive and cohesive work environment that is extremely professional, very well managed and fulfilling to be a part of.
Pros
Fast pace, room for advancement
Cons
Lack of hours on occasion
Intimidating at first but ultimately enjoyable work
Driver Helper/Order Assembly (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON9 March 2017
The two main tasks for new employees is driver assistant and order assembler, either riding along with the truck driver's to deliver beer across the region or assembling orders with an end rider pallet jack in the warehouse.

The management and culture of the workplace are inviting and welcoming, and helpful with new employees still learning.

Learning to operate an end rider pallet jack as well as valuable customer service skills dealing with restaurant and bar owners to ensure they are getting their product in a reasonable and timely manner.
Pros
Travelling all day, varied work
Cons
Unpredictable hours/opportunity for advancement
stay away save yourself the grief
Retail Associate / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON6 March 2017
Horrible don't recommend unless your desperate for a job. Over worked. Horrible morale. Very dirty job especially the empties. Expect management to not care about your safety. Minimum wage with union dues so not very rewarding. Hard to advance in this place.
Pros
None !
Cons
It sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Beer Store. Our community is ready to answer.