The Beer Store Employee Reviews

The Beer Store
Bottle Sorter (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON12 December 2017
I had an awesome experience working for the Beer Store and would love permanent employment with them. I helped out with the Habitat for Humanity bottle drive. I enjoyed helping customers and sorting the bottles.
Fun and easy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 December 2017
Very simple day to day responsibilities, plenty of room to grow in the company and learn new skills to apply at different locations although the management at my location was very poor and unorganized
Pros
easy work
Cons
poor management
Great Job
Customer Sevice Representative / Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 December 2017
The Beer Store is a great place to work, very flexible union job. Staff members are caring and lots of room to move up the chain and learn new skills.
Great Place to Work
Beer Expert (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON4 December 2017
Absolutely a fun place to work, the culture, the people and the job itself are all very enjoyable. It's a very tight knit group and its very "Canadian" if you will.

My only concern is the pay. I felt I could've been paid a little higher.
Steady Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario30 November 2017
Good job. Very secure. Slow with advancement opportunities. Average pay. Good managing and very structured with regards to seniority. Good retail position!
Not great
Shunt Driver/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 November 2017
For a company thats basically the beer monopoly it is not a good place to work. Lousy flexibility for families. Management does not communicate well. I would not recommend them for an employer.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Lots
low pay no room for advance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON26 November 2017
minimum wage for years
takes 15 plus years to get off of part time
part timers expected to do full time duties
no job security
poorly managed
majority is part time staff but all catered full time staff
The Beer Store
Retail Store Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 November 2017
Workload is fine. Colleagues were good. Nice relaxing vibe despite high traffic at times. Low pay and not enough hours of work to sustain myself. No real opportunity for advancement unless you work there for a long period of time. Flexible hours.
Pros
Flexible hours. Laid back vibe.
Cons
Low hours, low pay.
Job security and a great team environment
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 November 2017
I normally work 2 shifts a week about 4-8 hours each.
I perform customer service and product knowledge daily.
We are a small location with a great team, who I love working with.
meeting new people
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 November 2017
learning a new operating system P.O.S.
never doing the same things twice
great staff and coworkers
typical day at work i would come in make myself a till or seek other work to help out the rest of the staff if it was a busy day ie( sorting empties, getting beer for customer)
then i would start selling beer to customers.
Pros
meeting new people everyday
Cons
not a lot of hours
productive/fast paced work enviornment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON8 November 2017
- A typical day at The Beer Store is very fast paced, sometimes having to do several tasks such as loading beer on to shelves, building displays, lifting 60/70 pounds repetitively, cleaning, receiving/loading trucks with shipments, and cashier

- The beer store harnessed and enhanced the skills I possess

- good management

- friendly work environment
Pros
paid breaks/fun work enviorment
Cons
N/a
Job thoroughly depends on the store manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON1 November 2017
Had the best year of my life and the worst at the beer store, all depends on the manager. With a bad manager no complaints ever make it high enough to better the environment, difficult to move up. Basically underpaid to be treated like a dumpster
Beer Store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 October 2017
Sitting at your desk taking beer orders over the phone and plugging them in from faxed orders. Also taking customer complaints and concerns. Management was fantastic, always there to help when needed. Great support. Hardest part of the job was sitting all shift. Enjoyable customers and coworkers.
Pros
secure job
Faat paced enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 October 2017
Good company to work for! Flexible hours and great people to work with. Environmentally friendly, lots of job opportunities if you work hard and take direction well. I have worked for TBS for over 15 years, 4 years as a PPT and 12 years as management
Great Place for part time work
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON3 October 2017
If your looking for flexible hours and minimum wage pay this is the place for you. The co workers are great and the management is easy to get along with.
I worked here a decade and got out alive.
CSR/Keyholder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
The Beer Store is only good to their full time staff and management. If you're planning on a part time job, I wouldn't recommend it. Old full time staff make a ton more per hour than newly hired part time staff and the union dues you pay into are really all a show. The union doesn't really do much to help the part time staff if they need it.
Pros
You don't need a gym membership if you work here.
Cons
You don't need a gym membership if you work here.
Very Solid job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 August 2017
part time and flexible around your schedule, staff and community very helpful, very patient and willing to help you to succeed. I would recommend this place of employment.
Dependent upon management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON28 August 2017
I began at the Beer Store when the store manager was liked by upper management, so it was great then. But once another new store manager came to my store everything changed. For unjust reasons the district manager did not like my store manager even though I though he was a really great guy. This resulted in always being short staffed because the district manager wouldn't allow him to give more hours out, and my poor store manager was getting watched under a microscope. This caused a poor experience for everyone, the employees and the customers because being short staffed didn't allow us to put new product out because we would always get stuffed with empties and only 2 people working at a time.

So, with that being said, it depends on the store, the people you work with and especially your store and district manager. I actually would not recommend this job based on my experience but I do know people that love the job.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Don't feel valued, bad pay
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
A typical day is interacting with many different colourful people. No additional skills were accrued from this employment. Management is very understanding to any outside issues that may arise. The workplace culture is very diverse. The most enjoyable part of the job is not knowing who will walk in the door next.
Fun and active workplace
Supervisor and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 August 2017
Working for the Beer Store you would;

load and unload trucks
take inventory
replenish stock as needed
work with forklifts
cashier responsibilities

The Beer Store is a fast paced environment and was very enjoyable to have as an employer.
Pros
Active workplace