The Beer Store Employee Reviews

take inventory
replenish stock as needed
work with forklifts
cashier responsibilities

The Beer Store is a fast paced environment and was very enjoyable to have as an employer.
Pros
Active workplace
Flexible
CSR (Current Employee) –  Toronto2 August 2017
Very flexible part time position. Great people, great experience.

Must be alright with getting dirty, as empties can get messy. Must be quick on your feet.
Logistics (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 July 2017
Takes a while to get use to the physical labour and the night shift. Trained to use a transporter/walkie, trained to use a wrap machine and how to stack orders properly. Management is good most of the time, there are some bad supervisors that will try to make your job harder than it is meant to be.
Pros
$1 premium for night shift workers
Great place to work!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON21 July 2017
They do a really good job at taking care of their students during school and relocating based on location of the school.
Management is great and all of the co workers are knowledgable and great to work with.
Pros
Good hours
Team-led environment, very friendly and comfortable.
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON14 July 2017
Working at The Beer Store has been the best retail experience in my life. The team is fantastic to work with and I have learned that I can handle a lot more than I thought previously. The management has been great in every Beer Store I've worked at.
Pros
Ability to pick up shifts, availability considerations
Cons
Very physically demanding
Beer Store is excellent place to work.
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 June 2017
Am looking for part -time work driving,have excellent knowledge of city and surrronding areas and have excellent driving skills.Am physically fit,non smoker,and very dependable,and do not need supervision when work has to be done.
Great Place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 June 2017
Friendly people, I recommend working here. Great place, I learned more about computers and programming and improved my multitasking skills. My boss was great and everyone's really helpful and nice.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Great place to work with many new things to learn
Beer Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON21 June 2017
Fun people to work with and management are very kind and understanding. Advancement within the business is long and dysfunctional. Benefits are not easy to get.
Pros
Caring people to work with
Cons
Long time to advance within the workplace
Okay workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON16 June 2017
The hours are horrible roughly 4-5.5 with only one break, it's done by seniority which means in the winter you'll probably need a second job. Most part-timers have to have a second job. It's hard to get as a full timer, you have to be a personal part timer first. Because there are about 4 or so full-timers and an unreliable manager who's never really there, you'll probably have multiple people tell you different things and most of the time they all get mad because you do what other ones say. It is a dirty job, there's no discounts or anything, it is a union job so that's really the only good thing. Once you're in they really can't fire you.
Pros
Union job, yearly raise
productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2017
I was definitely working on trailers alot and i was making alot of orders and it wasnt what i wanted anymore i got let go because of the manager and miss communication
Fast paced
Cashier/Stock person (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 May 2017
Multi-tasking is essential. Will build character in a team environment. A close relationship with all Beer Store locations and employees makes dealing with stress of the job manageable and sometimes comedic.
Pros
Potential for lifelong friendships
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
Good place, good people good culture.
Part Time Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fallowfield, ON14 May 2017
Great place to work, very supportive management and employee culture. Wish there was more options for growth - union is somewhat stagnant. Few options to increase rank.
Pros
Simple work, Direct duties
Cons
inconsistent hours for part time workers
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Haliburton, ON9 May 2017
A typical day spent learning about all products carried at the store along with new products to be released and local breweries. Every day you learn something new and get to share it with others. Normally a fast- paced environment requiring good communication skills and customer service.
Ontario Beer Store
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
The Beer Store is has a union that always has your back. The pay is fairly good and the staff are great to work with. The job is flexible with hours and offers room for advancement
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 April 2017
A typical work day would consist of checking your till when you get to work. Signing onto either an empty or full till.

Signing onto a empty till means you will be doing empty beer returns, you will categorize all the different empties and then pay out the customer according to what kind and how many empties they bring back.

Singing onto a full till means you will be selling the beer to customers. This is when we handle the most cash.
Pros
Frendly work enviroment
Cons
No lunch room or Breaks
Never gave me a chance to learn
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2017
Was expected to memorize their horribly designed cash register in 2 weeks. The people where nice and I was very fast at sorting but was let go because i couldn't memorize who brews every single beer in the whole store within 2 weeks.
its not the lcbo
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 April 2017
It's not what you think very poor moral. Constant cuts that make you work harder with poor pay and benifets it's a paycheque every 2 weeks nothing else trust me on this just ask any manager
Pros
good staff
Cons
upper management has no clue
Volunteering for Bottle Drive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON15 April 2017
Volunteering at the Bottle drive is a great experience. The staff there are super friendly and it is a great cause and everyone you come in contact with are nice and there is no hard time.
Started as part time, now I'm here for life
Store manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2017
I came here to work as a part time employee, and save up enough to go to school. Basically, in the long run, I didn't end up going to school, but decided to progress with my career through the beer store. I was there for two years, I worked hard, and I got promoted. I now make just as much, if not more, than someone who has a college diploma. It's an amazing job, I love my employees and the opportunities it presents. If you manage to get into the beer store, KEEP IT. Unions are hard to get into! AND there's a pension!!!
Pros
Paid lunches, good pay, moving up fast, fun, union
Cons
Winters are sparse, the job can get dirty
Working at the beer store
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2017
Very good people ,great workplace. Fast pace keeps you on your toes. Social and always interacting with people. management is good,there always there for any questions you may have. Hardest part would be the lifting. Most enjoyable part would be working with your team and meeting new people.
Pros
fast days
Cons
always busy