The Beer Store Employee Reviews

3 Years employed
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 January 2017
Like stated, worked there for 3 years. The job is alright, pretty simple and repetitive. Most people that work with you are good and caring people that will help when you need, while some are just there for a paycheck and ride the union card pretty hard. Its extremely difficult to be fired, so many people take advantage of that as well.
The Top Management is mediocre, not really caring about you as a human and more about just the operation of the store, while the lower management or the "Full timers" care more but have little say about most things.
The hours are not great, and you will have to work until 10 or 11pm on a regular basis. The customers are tough to deal with depending on if you work in a tough area.
Overall I think it depends on where you work, but this job was not for me.
It wasn't for me, and
Pros
Specific pay increases, Little extra pay on sundays
Cons
Non-stable hours, holidays manditory, booking off time is difficult
Fast paced Retail and warehousing
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  584 Mohawk Road West15 February 2017
On the outside it appears to be a great employer and it has the potential to be. The people tend to be good natured and enjoy what we sell and the culture that our product creates. The issue lays in more with how the advancement process and inconsistent rubric for promotions are handled.
Pros
Hour flexibility
Cons
Micromanagement from above
fun, energetic, busy, wonderful people
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON, Niagara Falls, ON,4 July 2016
I enjoyed my career with the company, everyone I worked with and trained were great. We could all stay steady in a fast-paced enviroment and still have fun. It was instinctive to help eachother out in peak times, and everyone was always enthusiastic about learning everyone's roles so operations would always run smoothly.
Pros
Full time hours, great pay, benefits, great people, customers and staff alike.
Cons
Returns regulations for safety needed tweeking
No advancement opportunities.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 February 2017
The only opportunity of advancement is going from part time to full time. You essentially still do the exact same tasks. Decent wages for a fairly easy job, but company rewards seniority too much and hard work far too little.
Pros
Decent wages, flexible hours/shifts, keeps you busy
Cons
Lack of advancement
Fantastic work place
Retail Sales / Cashier Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 February 2017
Lots to do and never boring! Great management, great co-workers, great customers in a great area! Everyone has an equal opportunity to learn and excel in the company
Good place for a starter job
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 February 2017
If you're looking for a starter job. This is it. It is a typical call center setting. The management is constantly on about total call quality. This is a personal opinion, therefore, this type of work is good for some people and they are good at it.
Productive and fun place
BC Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2016
Extremely busy. Fast Paced environment.

Workers are great. We have a laugh all the time

People are motivated and management expects a lot.
Pros
Pub Night
call centre environment
Customer Service/Order Entry (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 November 2016
- data entry
- take orders over phone
- co-workers are what keep you coming to work
- Management is a joke, They give special treatment to certain workers.
- Hardest part is trying to remember all the codes
- Enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers.
Amazing place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2016
The company was amazing to work with and I think it is run very well. It is truly a unique job. I can say that everything I've learned here I will take with me not only when pursuing other careers, but also with me in my everyday life. My location was sort of a rouge store and had a broad range of very unique customers.
Pros
Recieved good experience that I will carry with me my whole life
Cons
inconvient hours
Great place to work with great co workers
Costumer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fergus, ON17 February 2017
You get to meet new people everyday, is a fast working environment and the management is great. You get your hands dirty and feel good about it after.
Pros
Great flexible hours
Productive and fun work place with funny and helpful cow-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 February 2017
At work, dealing with customers keeps me happy and makes the day goes by fast,,,I love working in a fast past environment because It keeps me busy.
Cons
Job that keeps you physically fit
Driver/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2016
Physical job that allows you to work either inside or outside the warehouse delivering product. Co-workers are very nice and supportive of one another. Management shows appreciation of hard workers. Very flexible working hours. Physical demands help keep you fit and make the day go by quickly.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement
enjoyable place to work
Retail Clerk (Current Employee) –  Port Credit, ON28 November 2016
relatively good wages, but wish there were benefits. It has nice flexible hours of work and it is great that can work in other cities, as I am now doing in London, Ontario.
Good Work Environment
Beer Enthusiast (Current Employee) –  Wallaceburg, ON7 September 2016
The bee store is a great place to work if you are fine staying on your feet for multiple hours throughout the day as thats really thee only demanding tasks of the workplace. Great people to work aside and a good work environment. Great management keeps things running happily and smoothly.
Excellent management at my location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario19 December 2016
Excellent company for what its worth. I learned a lot about the human condition and how it's exploited. I do believe I had the best boss one could ask for. A typical day consisted of smashing bottles and recounting the display cases for possible stolen products. The most enjoyable part was the thirty minute break on a Saturday/Sunday afternoon.
Pros
Breaking bottles
Cons
Hearing loss if failure to wear PPE
great people. workload isnt shared evenly. better workers get treated worse than bad workers.
logistics (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 January 2017
Workloads are spread unevenly. ex: piling 1000 cases in a day vs someone else piling 800. They do not realize more pallets with less cases take longer so piling 30 small pallets that add up to about 800 cases is unacceptable but 1000 cases on 10 pallets is acceptable.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
unfair workloads
Worst company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fonthill, ON1 September 2016
A typical day sucked, horrible management,and union rep. tries to sleep with you. Hardest part-showing up, Most enjoyable-leaving.
Pros
Great regulars, love people
Cons
self explained
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2017
The coworkers were all friendly. Great experience, would recommend working at The Beer Store. The hardest part of the job was handling empties on a Saturday. Sometimes the cans and bottles would be extremely dirty, but that was part of the job. However, most customers were really nice. You also learn a lot about different brands of beers!
Productive, welcoming atmosphere
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON24 July 2016
The Beer Store is a great place to work. The management is amazing and a great leader, and it is a great environment to work.
fun to work and nice environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 February 2017
fun place to work but it was a lot of remembering of each beer. customer service is fun and interesting. staff was nice but could be hard on you at times.
Pros
cool work environment
Cons
lots of memory